Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:05:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How are you going to ban my account  (Read 678 times)
ReaganY (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 04:16:20 PM

For posting in Off-Topic, when my sig campaign doesnt even pay for off-topic posts.

Why have an off-topic area and ban people for using it.

Banned 14 days  Spam post + sig.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 04:19:52 PM

For posting in Off-Topic, when my sig campaign doesnt even pay for off-topic posts.

Can you tell us your forum nickname? The reason (as the warning said) is spam post + sig ad (or insubstantial post?). So it doesn't matter if the sig. campaign is not paying you those posts , it is still a "spammy situation".
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 04:30:07 PM

Banned 14 days  Spam post + sig.

Without knowledge of which account you are refering to: Posting in the off topic section from time to time is no problem. If the majority of your posts or a high percentage of your posts are in the off topic section one has to wonder why you are on a bitcoin related board anyway. There are also many threads in the off topic section that are basically post counter threads. There is nothing wrong with a healthy discussion about e.g. Snowdens wife[1]. If you are posting what you drank, ate, how your poop is and other non sense posts... well why besides raising a number that indicates how often you hit the send button?

Without seeing actual posts its hard to tell whether you actually participated in discussions in the off topic section or just posted an update on your water intake for the day (aka spam). Seeing that you are banned for 14 days, I think its safe to assume you spammed. Hence the reason given "Spam post + (paid) sig".

Whether or not your signature campaign - its Bit-X, isnt it? - is paying for posts in offtopic or not is non concern for the admin(s) banning you. If you spam you will get banned, no matter if you sell your signature get paid for it or not.

Edit: Just a hint: you are also not allowed to post with this or any other accounts. You are also not allowed to PM someone that might want to buying something[2] from you. Its probably best to lock that thread until you sat out the ban.

[1] I know, its hard to think of a random topic unrelated to bitcoin sometimes.
[2] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=997352.0

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Grumpster

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 04:31:41 PM

You realize you're further circumventing rules by using another account while having an active ban?
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 04:35:04 PM

People seem to not understand the motivations behind spamming bans. We don't care about whether or not your campaign is paying you for insubstantial posts in certain areas, you can be banned for insubstantial posts even without a signature advertisement. Having a signature advertisement doensn't subject you to a new set of rules, its just a trend that people with sig ads tend to spam more often than those without, and the flashy design catches more attention than a discrete spammer that takes us longer to catch.

You realize you're further circumventing rules by using another account while having an active ban?

As long as they dont post outside of meta they are fine. Given the benefit of the doubt, since your other posts are before today, I'd hope that you account was banned today and you already had that one, else you are ban evading.
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 04:37:07 PM

Banned 14 days  Spam post + sig.

Maybe because spammy posts are still spammy even without a sig ad. Also off-topic threads are not a completly no-rules zone, so take care over post quality, etc. Wink
However, You shouldn't take campaign manager words with the same value of Staff (Admin, Mods) words. Staffs have the final says over rules.

Edit1: Just saw a few others beat me over a few minutes.

Edit2: OP should consider using his temp ban time to read & understand forum rules to avoid being banned again when his temp ban expires.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2301

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 04:56:31 PM

I am not sure how you draw the conclusion that you were banned for posting in the off topic section. From the looks of it the red message up top says "Banned for 14 days: Spam post + sig" - or something similar. I imagine that you were banned for insubstantial posts + having a paid signature (the message is just different for some reason).
ReaganY (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:50:39 PM

I am not sure how you draw the conclusion that you were banned for posting in the off topic section. From the looks of it the red message up top says "Banned for 14 days: Spam post + sig" - or something similar. I imagine that you were banned for insubstantial posts + having a paid signature (the message is just different for some reason).

Beacuse every post somewhere else is meaningfull, so I imagined posting in off-topic is what did it for me.

Posting in the hot Azns ect.

you cant write "she is a dime, I would sell my soul for her"

It has to be something meaningful like "She is amazing! I bet she studied at Yale then moved to Vietnam.  I really like her green eyes they bring out the size of her tits! I really like that thong to, I bet it smells amazing, does anyone know who this girl is?"

Maybe if off-topic spammy posts are bannable, the mods should just delete the What did you drink today threads, What time did you take a shit?, how long have you been logged in for?

Or maybe the mods are just sadists

And I dont post in just off-topic, but I dont give a fuck about bitcoin blocks.

Im not in bitcoin to mine or talk about the price, I want to gamble, buy shit and sell currency.

So thats where I post.

Most forums if you make a post they feel is spammy they just delete it, and give you a warning.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2301

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:54:27 PM

Why don't you post your username(s) (be sure to post all of the accounts that you own as if one of your accounts is banned then they all get banned) so the community can review your post and potentially give some kind of explanation as to why you were banned.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 06:00:32 PM

-snip-
Beacuse every post somewhere else is meaningfull, so I imagined posting in off-topic is what did it for me.

Posting in the hot Azns ect.

you cant write "she is a dime, I would sell my soul for her"

It has to be something meaningful like "She is amazing! I bet she studied at Yale then moved to Vietnam.  I really like her green eyes they bring out the size of her tits! I really like that thong to, I bet it smells amazing, does anyone know who this girl is?"

Degrading a woman is not a discussion no matter how long your post is.

Maybe if off-topic spammy posts are bannable, the mods should just delete the What did you drink today threads, What time did you take a shit?, how long have you been logged in for?

Well, as long as you post in these threads once in a blue moon its hardly spam and thus deleting the whole thread is uncalled for.

Or maybe the mods are just sadists

IMHO moderation is masochistic because the majority of the time your actions to allow others a nice experience are thanked by complaints and insults.

And I dont post in just off-topic, but I dont give a fuck about bitcoin blocks.

Im not in bitcoin to mine or talk about the price, I want to gamble, buy shit and sell currency.

So thats where I post.

Most forums if you make a post they feel is spammy they just delete it, and give you a warning.

Here you get banned, thats the warning, thats the hint you get. A single spammy post might not get deleted because it alone is fine among a buttload of good posts. 14 day bans are not handed out for the rare spammy post in off topic.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: