Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 09:36:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex Trading App - marketers needed  (Read 5028 times)
pseudonymdude (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:34:05 PM

Tell me how you would market this and the price it would cost.  Thank you.

TRIder is a fully functional mobile trading Android application for Bittrex.  You can use it on Android phones, tablets, and other devices, but you need to hold a specific amount of TRI in your Bittrex account in order to make trades.  (Other exchanges may be added in future updates.)

Here's how the App works.  You get your API keys from Bittrex.  (The withdraw permission is not needed.)  Then you enter your API keys into the App and encrypt them with a password.  When you open the App again, you decrypt your API keys with the password you've chosen and you can trade any Bittrex currency (LTC, DOGE, DRK, TRI, and all the others) with the App's smooth interface.

Link to the App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tri.trider

Link to the developer's post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=820103.msg10817286#msg10817286

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 11:38:38 PM

i guess it is closed source? Sad

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
pseudonymdude (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 12:04:48 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2015, 12:26:43 AM by pseudonymdude

i guess it is closed source? Sad

Right.  It wouldn't add much value if it was open sourced, but you don't need to turn on the withdrawal API permission (that you will see on your Bittrex account once you create the API keys from their website) so you don't have to worry about it stealing your funds.

pseudonymdude (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:11:29 PM

No marketers here?

pseudonymdude (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 05:01:10 PM

Closed source Trading App with the potential to give you wrong in/output and also the problem of exploits and maleware for a financial stand point this idea is a joke.

Well, it's on the google play store so google has scanned it for malware, and the only permission it requires is network communication (obviously, it needs to use your wi-fi or cellular data).

Regarding your second point, you could just try testing it out with small amounts to see if it works to your satisfaction.

pseudonymdude (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 05:34:34 PM

Closed source Trading App with the potential to give you wrong in/output and also the problem of exploits and maleware for a financial stand point this idea is a joke.

Well, it's on the google play store so google has scanned it for malware, and the only permission it requires is network communication (obviously, it needs to use your wi-fi or cellular data).

Regarding your second point, you could just try testing it out with small amounts to see if it works to your satisfaction.

"Google haz scanned it for malware"

'Google already scans apps before letting them into the Google Play Store, using a tool called “Bouncer.”'

source: http://time.com/57878/android-gets-a-malware-scanner-for-google-play-store-apps/

wurstgelee

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:07:04 PM

The app uses bittrex api keys, the withdraw permission is not required, so there is no way it could steal your funds - even if it wanted to.
The trust you have to have in this app is a lot less than you need for any other entity you leave your funds at, like any exchange, any ICO operation, any escrow, any gambling site, any..... and so on.

Wrong input/wrong output is probably aimed at orders and trading history shown by the app? Well, you can easily verify that this is not the case by simply using an API key with only "Read info" permission.

Regarding malware and exploits, how is this any different from any other app you install from the app store?

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 10:41:44 PM

The app uses bittrex api keys, the withdraw permission is not required, so there is no way it could steal your funds - even if it wanted to.
The trust you have to have in this app is a lot less than you need for any other entity you leave your funds at, like any exchange, any ICO operation, any escrow, any gambling site, any..... and so on.

Wrong input/wrong output is probably aimed at orders and trading history shown by the app? Well, you can easily verify that this is not the case by simply using an API key with only "Read info" permission.

Regarding malware and exploits, how is this any different from any other app you install from the app store?

You dont except it is open source or yourself reviewed the source ^^

Do you guys plan to make the app for other OS?

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
NightmareLev8

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 11:30:35 PM

Hi, I am the developer of the application. It is interesting to see the concerns of trusting and to be honest I actually understand it very well.

I already discussed it with the members of the TRI-project. And I thought about it during the development on how to solve and ensure a reliable trust level.
I came up with a few ideas, like a trusted entity or open-source. Up to a traffic sniffer for Android.
But every solution to ensure trust has its drawbacks.
For example the trusted entity has to review every damn update of the app. Possibly, but...yeah a lot of work. And then there is the question how far I can trust this person not to keep the code for himself.
Second Open-Source does not ensure trust/security, it improves it but not ensure it. If this would be the case, there would be no coin with a hidden premine or other flaws. The same goes for PoD, I have my own opinion about it.
As you see, I made some thoughts about it and I really understand the concerns, but I did not find the perfect solution. Smiley

A last remark, which I wrote also to other users of the app. If I would scam someone, I would simply release the <InsertName>-Coin. This would be by far more easy.

Possible, but currently not on my plan.
First I will work further on the Android-App itself and improve it.
pseudonymdude (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 02:35:58 AM

Hi, I am the developer of the application. It is interesting to see the concerns of trusting and to be honest I actually understand it very well.

I already discussed it with the members of the TRI-project. And I thought about it during the development on how to solve and ensure a reliable trust level.
I came up with a few ideas, like a trusted entity or open-source. Up to a traffic sniffer for Android.
But every solution to ensure trust has its drawbacks.
For example the trusted entity has to review every damn update of the app. Possibly, but...yeah a lot of work. And then there is the question how far I can trust this person not to keep the code for himself.
Second Open-Source does not ensure trust/security, it improves it but not ensure it. If this would be the case, there would be no coin with a hidden premine or other flaws. The same goes for PoD, I have my own opinion about it.
As you see, I made some thoughts about it and I really understand the concerns, but I did not find the perfect solution. Smiley

A last remark, which I wrote also to other users of the app. If I would scam someone, I would simply release the <InsertName>-Coin. This would be by far more easy.

Possible, but currently not on my plan.
First I will work further on the Android-App itself and improve it.

To add to this, NightmareLev8 has been working on this app for over 6 months.  I'm not sure exactly how many hours he's put into it, but it's not something he whipped up in a weekend.

Also, I think Android has 85% of the total market share for mobile operating systems.

chazi13

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 06:57:20 AM

I cant use it. I tried adding my api keys but it keep saying "Connection to API failed". what to do?
alifar

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 11:37:13 AM

Here it is for iOS:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/trading-coins-btc-exchange/id1269131663?mt=8
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: