Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:54:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Vod] I need an explanation from him  (Read 4521 times)
ABitNut

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 08:52:49 AM

This user is selling Microsoft product keys they get from MSDN subscriptions1. This is not allowed2. Microsoft does not sell product keys without Certificate of Authenticity3.

All it will take is a single person to report his illegal purchase of a Microsoft key (even someone who intentionally buys just to report)4, then Microsoft can trace it back to the original MSDN subscription that generated that key.5

ALL keys generated from that MSDN account will then become invalidated (i.e. stop working)6 and symantec will NOT give you your money back7.

This is a scam8. Do not purchase keys from this account!9

I don't see any major fault in this feedback. It seems spot on.
You skipped over the parts that were incorrect such as the keys being "illegal" and labeling the retailers scammers. Also, he ASSUMES that Symantec will not issue refunds, he could not possibly know this.

I'll let the courts decide on the legality of running a network to enable pirated software. I'm sure they won't punish it as badly as say, running a network to enable selling drugs. Labeling these "sellers" as scammer is spot on. What they're selling is not only worthless (a key that you're not allowed to use / if you use it you're pirating software and very likely breaking the law). The assumption that symantec is not going to refund is a based on Vod's experience and symantecs behaviour. While it cannot be asserted until it happens, I am fairly confident that assumption is spot on.

Vod have changed his neutral feedback to a negative one on TECSHARE's trust. I don't get how TECSHARE is untrustworthy as a result of that though.  Huh

Yep. Funny how negatives seem to come out for anyone who is critical of his behavior. Just another demonstration of his disregard for his position on the default trust. Notice there is no reference and he refuses to actually quote any supposed lies he says I made about him. In short the negative rating is for being openly critical of his abusive behavior.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=915823.msg10848601#msg10848601

That's how it works though. Vod doesn't trust symantec because symantec is involved in software piracy. Symantec is screwing over their customers by making them believe they get a lifetime, guaranteed licence while all they get is as-is, guaranteed to fail product key unless symantec renews their MSDN subscription, which is highly unlikely.
You are confused. Please read again. This is a reference to the negative trust rating Vod has now left me for daring to challenge him on this subject in yet another lame attempt to try to silence people who are critical of him by further abusing his position on the default trust.

I am sorry if I misread that. However, it is still how trust works. You and Vod have a spat for ages, so it's only logical that Vod doesn't trust him. I reckon you wouldn't do business with Vod either, though you choose not to publish your distrust in Vod's feedback.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jarx

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 09:28:02 AM

He is retarded. There is nothing we can do about it. He is throwing shit around using his "power" with a broken trust system.

Hopefully that obesite will die soon and forum will be relaxed.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 11:08:37 PM

You skipped over the parts that were incorrect such as the keys being "illegal" and labeling the retailers scammers. Also, he ASSUMES that Symantec will not issue refunds, he could not possibly know this.

I'll let the courts decide on the legality of running a network to enable pirated software. I'm sure they won't punish it as badly as say, running a network to enable selling drugs. Labeling these "sellers" as scammer is spot on. What they're selling is not only worthless (a key that you're not allowed to use / if you use it you're pirating software and very likely breaking the law). The assumption that symantec is not going to refund is a based on Vod's experience and symantecs behaviour. While it cannot be asserted until it happens, I am fairly confident that assumption is spot on.

What courts? I asked you for statutory law backing up your claims of "enabling piracy" and breaking a TOS contract, but you seem to be unable to produce them. Yet you sit there talking about courts in this hyperbolic manner as if Microsoft really cares. If they did they wouldn't be available. Simple as that. A scammer is someone who steals from someone they are purportedly engaging in trade with. Just because you find the sellers activities to be morally objectional as a 3rd party does NOT make them a scammer. If they were ACTUALLY scamming, there would be VICTIMS making COMPLAINTS, which are glaringly absent in this situation. People seem to want the product and have kept returning for more. Assumptions about refunds are nothing more than that, assumptions. Vod doesn't have magical psychic abilities from his day long torrents of negative rating people, and without some sort of due process or structure then wtf is the point of ANY of this?

Vod have changed his neutral feedback to a negative one on TECSHARE's trust. I don't get how TECSHARE is untrustworthy as a result of that though.  Huh

Yep. Funny how negatives seem to come out for anyone who is critical of his behavior. Just another demonstration of his disregard for his position on the default trust. Notice there is no reference and he refuses to actually quote any supposed lies he says I made about him. In short the negative rating is for being openly critical of his abusive behavior.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=915823.msg10848601#msg10848601

That's how it works though. Vod doesn't trust symantec because symantec is involved in software piracy. Symantec is screwing over their customers by making them believe they get a lifetime, guaranteed licence while all they get is as-is, guaranteed to fail product key unless symantec renews their MSDN subscription, which is highly unlikely.
You are confused. Please read again. This is a reference to the negative trust rating Vod has now left me for daring to challenge him on this subject in yet another lame attempt to try to silence people who are critical of him by further abusing his position on the default trust.

I am sorry if I misread that. However, it is still how trust works. You and Vod have a spat for ages, so it's only logical that Vod doesn't trust him. I reckon you wouldn't do business with Vod either, though you choose not to publish your distrust in Vod's feedback.

I had no problem with VOD until he initially left me a negative trust rating for openly discussing his abusive behavior towards other users and pointing out it is an example of how some users get preferential treatment on the forum to abuse the rules freely, but others are punished for the most minor single incidents.

His original abuse of the default trust directed at me in an attempt to silence my discussion of his abusive behavior: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=915823.0

When you occupy a position on the default trust there are additional standards that the administrator, staff, and mods have applied to such a position repeatedly in the past. Several people have been removed from the default trust for MUCH less than what Vod has been up to. People have been removed for of using the default trust in EXACTLY the way Vod is using it.

Why is it that Vod is allowed to use the default trust as he pleases over and over because "trust is not moderated", but other users are removed for doing this ONCE? The trust ratings say right in the description that it is to be used if you "believe the person is a scammer", his personal opinion of me is not an appropriate use especially considering his position on the default trust. Also my extensive history here as a legitimate trader also proves any claims of me being a scammer to be a complete fabrication. His claim is that I "lied" about him (which is not scamming BTW), he has no reference for it, and he can't even tell me what I said that was a lie. The trust system has just become a series of tools to protect insiders and scammers while extorting anyone else who tries to use it in any way that they don't agree with. Vod has no business being on the default trust, or in any position of authority.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 11:31:29 PM

I had no problem with VOD until he initially left me a negative trust rating for openly discussing his abusive behavior towards other users and pointing out it is an example of how some users get preferential treatment on the forum to abuse the rules freely, but others are punished for the most minor single incidents.

Tecshare will have you believe that I left him negative feedback for posting lies about me BEFORE he started posting lies about me.

Seeing the future - that makes me some kind of Vod, doesn't it?   Wink

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
ABitNut

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 12:46:10 AM

... I asked you for statutory law backing up your claims of "enabling piracy" and breaking a TOS contract, but you seem to be unable to produce them. ...
I will not produce them for you. It's obvious that in most countries you *will* be convicted. I am not a lawyer and I am not going to spend time doing a lawyers job to explain you the exact legality of everything unless you pay me a good lawyers fee to do so.

Yet you sit there talking about courts in this hyperbolic manner as if Microsoft really cares. If they did they wouldn't be available. Simple as that.
It is a cost-benefit consideration. Right now it costs Microsoft more to chase these people than it would gain them. That doesn't make it legal. It is simple indeed.

A scammer is someone who steals from someone they are purportedly engaging in trade with.
Your definition of scammer is naive and narrow.

Scam:
A dishonest scheme; a fraud
See: http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/scam?q=Scammer#scam__13

...  there would be VICTIMS making COMPLAINTS, which are glaringly absent in this situation. ...
There are VICTIMS. There are even victims making COMPLAINTS, though that's not relevant. Denying this shows your closing your eyes to facts.

snipped the whole background on the Vod-TECSHARE episode
And the end result is that you don't trust Vod, isn't it? Fair enough. This is not the thread to elaborate on that more.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 10:54:10 AM

Why do not you look at your post. Your goal is to raise spam Activity and Posts: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=331100;sa=showPosts

PS: 26 Pages spam Activity and Posts

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my opinion, he did use a lot of their powers to impose on all the members of this forum.

If you want to stop all transactions here it is best not to have this forum and should not exist Bitcoin.

Or Do not put the list Marketplace here, Please remove it from forum

Long story short. You can't win against Vod. If you don't do what he say hes red trust is gonna stay. If you still want to sell your keys your best option is just write it fair and square in your opening post (of your selling thread) what is this red trust and who gave it to you. People will understand. Good luck.
ABitNut

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 01:20:09 AM

Why do not you look at your post. Your goal is to raise spam Activity and Posts: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=331100;sa=showPosts

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my opinion, he did use a lot of their powers to impose on all the members of this forum.

If you want to stop all transactions here it is best not to have this forum and should not exist Bitcoin.

Or Do not put the list Marketplace here, Please remove it from forum

I refute your claim that I am spamming for activity. If you feel my posts are spam then you can report them. In addition I do not have any special power in this forum to use and I do not want to stop all transactions. All I am trying to do is make it clear that these keys are not legit.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 02:28:55 AM

Really? You decide to negative trust spam all users selling anything you think is bad. I have been selling keys since January and have no unresolved complaints. I have been selling products on this forum for a long time and never had a problem (longer than your account existed). I can assure you the negative trust I left you is because you have no reason to leave me negative trust for something so ridiculous. I never dealt with you and I advertise my products exactly how they are. GO through the digital goods section and I bet you 80% of the stuff would not meet your approval does not mean they are not allowed on this forum.

So you think it is OK to steal from people as long as you have no complaints from the people you sell the stolen goods to?  How do you live with yourself trafficking in stolen goods?

Also, the second feedback you left against me is a lie.  I have not received any money from anyone nor do I have a competing business. 

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
ABitNut

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:33:08 AM

I refute your claim that I am spamming for activity. If you feel my posts are spam then you can report them. In addition I do not have any special power in this forum to use and I do not want to stop all transactions. All I am trying to do is make it clear that these keys are not legit.

Really? You decide to negative trust spam all users selling anything you think is bad. I have been selling keys since January and have no unresolved complaints. I have been selling products on this forum for a long time and never had a problem (longer than your account existed). I can assure you the negative trust I left you is because you have no reason to leave me negative trust for something so ridiculous. I never dealt with you and I advertise my products exactly how they are. GO through the digital goods section and I bet you 80% of the stuff would not meet your approval does not mean they are not allowed on this forum.

Why did you copy ajw7989's post?

I guess I stepped on someone's toes enough to warrant some old-fashioned trust spamming! Someone actually went through the effort to create several accounts only to give some negative feedback to me.

I'm flattered, impressed and disappointed at the same time.

Really? You decide to negative trust spam all users selling anything you think is bad. I have been selling MSDN keys since december and have no unresolved complaints. I have been selling products on this forum for a long time and never had a problem (longer than your account existed). I can assure you the negative trust I left you is because you have no reason to leave me negative trust for something so ridiculous. I never dealt with you and I advertise my products exactly how they are. I dont say they are not MSDN keys when they are. GO through the digital goods section and I bet you 80% of the stuff would not meet your approval does not mean they are not allowed on this forum.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 02:37:44 AM

I think you are confusing strike-through (S) with underline (U).  It's harder to read strike-through.

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 02:41:48 AM

1. You received money from other sellers to stop me selling the key here (goal is to compete in the business)

I did not.  Why do you believe this?

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 02:44:34 AM

Yes, I've seen this wall of text already.

Why do you think I've received money for leaving negative trust?  I have not.

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 02:52:08 AM

Why do you think I've received money for leaving negative trust?

This is not child's play. Most time you negative feedback for the seller of the key MS -> Why ?

You received money from other to stop all selling the key MS here ?

Sorry, I did not.  I won't repeat myself again, and if you keep lying, I'll simply put you on ignore.   Undecided

ABitNut

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:54:00 AM

Why did you copy ajw7989's post?

I found him article is right everything I say here

I am not here for spam activity and posts. Claiming that is ridiculous. Your negative feedback on me is not only false it is also hypocritical. You have a problem with me because you don't agree with me leaving feedback on you while I never let you scam me, yet you think it's alright to do the same to me. Like I said before, if you feel that I am a spammer then report me to a moderator.

I'm not going to respond to your ridiculous and baseless accusations that I'm spamming for activity and post anymore.

1. You received money from other sellers to stop me selling the key here (goal is to compete in the business)

This is funny. Just because you basically ratted out some sellers to me (Hey, why you leave me -ve feedback and not x, y and z?!) you assume that all other sellers would stoop to the same low level and pay Vod to leave feedback on their competition? Your own (lack of) morality is showing yet again.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 03:02:15 AM

The important thing symantec, have you stopped selling Microsoft keys?

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 03:12:08 AM

onewiseguy

Activity: 728

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:31:27 PM

This thread is still open.

what I can see is Microsoft will ban those keys in the near future when found out, hence you are future scamming people Smiley  If you still want to sell products (digital goods) find a legal Product to resell. Good luck 
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 11:50:41 PM

I locked his MS thread and promised to stop selling keys -> Remove the negative trust give me...Thanks!

Thank you for doing the right and legal thing.

I have no problem removing the negative trust, but I do have an issue with you telling people that

1) I received money to leave you negative trust
2) I am running a competing business selling MS keys

Why are you telling people these lies?

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 12:42:26 AM

PS: If I'm wrong about you. I apologize for that

Then stop with the negative trust saying I'm running a competing business and was paid to leave you negative trust.  You must be a very spoiled child who cries until he gets his way.   Undecided

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 01:04:25 AM

PS: If I'm wrong about you. I apologize for that

What do you mean by IF you are wrong about me?

Who told you I was paid to leave you negative trust?
Who told you I was running a competing company selling MSDN keys?

Or did you just make that up to make me look like a scammer?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: