Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:51:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vod - You are a dickhead  (Read 2689 times)
FuckIdolPlus (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:52:02 AM

Listen, I'm not selling bogus anything, the user ABitNut thinks it is illegal to sell these keys and thus he told you that my keys are not legit. He hasn't even dealt with me at all. This guy thinks selling MSDN key is a scam. He is going after everyone who is selling MSDN keys.
Please read carefully before adding feedback to me.
Adding me feedback without any knowledge of the matter is totally wrong. Please remove it.
Also if you want to keep it there, please add the negative trust to every MSDNseller on the forums.

TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 03:54:51 AM

Also if you want to keep it there, please add the negative trust to every MSDNseller on the forums.

So this is acceptable for you?
I'm pretty sure there's no issues here at all then. This will happen and everyone's happy.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3052

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 03:55:02 AM

I have tried to do so - let me know if I have missed any.

I'm willing to give you a second chance on the forums.  If you immediately stop the sale of your keys, I will remove your negative feedback in one month.  See my signature.

Vod/Dickhead

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
FuckIdolPlus (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:24:25 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2015, 04:47:45 AM by FuckIdolPlus

I have tried to do so - let me know if I have missed any.

I'm willing to give you a second chance on the forums.  If you immediately stop the sale of your keys, I will remove your negative feedback in one month.  See my signature.

Vod/Dickhead

I'll stop selling keys immediately, but everyone should do that, there should be no sale of MSDN admin accounts and invites too because those are created 'ill-legally'. Also those cracked netflix, hbo go, etc., accounts should not be sold too since they use other people's credit cards and boy oh oy that is ill-legal (see no air quotes -_-).
There are people selling carded iPhone account too, that should not occur too, ill-legal you see. Many people sell starbucks and other gift cards which are clearly carded and/or stolen, this should stop too. Also selling/trading private tracker invites is "ill-legal" according to tracker's T&C, so this should be banned too.
Heck these are way more ill-legal than selling MSDN keys, which isn't ill-legal and is just frowned upon by Microsoft.
Also 1 month is a long time for something that is not scamming. Stop imposing your rules on everyone. Let the Moderators and other staff do it. You are just a jerk face trying to gain popularity and being a sadistic bitch for self satisfaction.
Regards

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 04:29:39 AM

Good thing we have people like VOD on the forum to dictate to everyone what can and can not be sold. One question though, are there any customers complaining? No? Is it a criminal act? No? Then might be time to get a life.
FuckIdolPlus (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:32:02 AM

Good thing we have people like VOD on the forum to dictate to everyone what can and can no be sold. One question though, are there any customers complaining? No? Is it a criminal act? No? Then might be time to get a life.

Exactly. This isn't a fucking scam. MS terms and conditions and EULA have nothing against it. This is just misuse of their green trust "power". Fucking cunts.

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 05:22:46 AM

The bottom line, if you want to become a reseller, you need to become a Microsoft Partner who resells the entire package, not just product keys.

Most ebay sellers reselling product keys are reselling stolen product keys from MSDN subscriptions.

About MSDN or TechNet Product Keys

They are genuine Microsoft product keys, they are actually retail licenses, but it is intended for a particular product channel either the Microsoft Software Developer Network (MSDN) or TechNet for IT Professionals who pay a subscription fee. The main purpose is for evaluation purposes. The great thing about them, unlike trial Microsoft software, MSDN or TechNet keys don't expire. [b{Because the agreement under which the subscription is provided is a single license, none of the software should be distributed outside of it[/b]. Even though its $50,000 worth of licenses, it is for one person only to use and no one else. Unfortunately, regardless of the licensing terms, persons still abuse the program, either giveaway product keys or resell it on auction sites. Microsoft licenses it in good faith that customers won't do so, but I guess human nature wins out.

In your case, what probably happened is, you bought an MSDN licensed key, which carries up to 10 activations unlike full packaged retail licenses which only carry 1 activation. The person who sold it to you probably sold it to 10 other persons. Somewhere along the way, one of those persons might have installed it on a second system, activated it, because it went past 10 activation threshold, Microsoft detected it that it was being abused and blocked the key from further use.
Quote from: MSDN Terms
Many MSDN subscribers use a computer for mixed use—both design, development, testing, and demonstration of your programs (the use allowed under the MSDN subscription license) and some other use. Using the software in any other way, such as for doing email, playing games, or editing a document is another use and is not covered by the MSDN subscription license. When this happens, the underlying operating system must also be licensed normally by purchasing a regular copy of Windows such as the one that came with a new OEM PC.

Hope this helps.

@OP: I hope nobody will do the survey. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/piracy/reporting/default.aspx.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 05:39:06 AM

The bottom line, if you want to become a reseller, you need to become a Microsoft Partner who resells the entire package, not just product keys.

Most ebay sellers reselling product keys are reselling stolen product keys from MSDN subscriptions.

About MSDN or TechNet Product Keys

They are genuine Microsoft product keys, they are actually retail licenses, but it is intended for a particular product channel either the Microsoft Software Developer Network (MSDN) or TechNet for IT Professionals who pay a subscription fee. The main purpose is for evaluation purposes. The great thing about them, unlike trial Microsoft software, MSDN or TechNet keys don't expire. [b{Because the agreement under which the subscription is provided is a single license, none of the software should be distributed outside of it[/b]. Even though its $50,000 worth of licenses, it is for one person only to use and no one else. Unfortunately, regardless of the licensing terms, persons still abuse the program, either giveaway product keys or resell it on auction sites. Microsoft licenses it in good faith that customers won't do so, but I guess human nature wins out.

In your case, what probably happened is, you bought an MSDN licensed key, which carries up to 10 activations unlike full packaged retail licenses which only carry 1 activation. The person who sold it to you probably sold it to 10 other persons. Somewhere along the way, one of those persons might have installed it on a second system, activated it, because it went past 10 activation threshold, Microsoft detected it that it was being abused and blocked the key from further use.
Quote from: MSDN Terms
Many MSDN subscribers use a computer for mixed use—both design, development, testing, and demonstration of your programs (the use allowed under the MSDN subscription license) and some other use. Using the software in any other way, such as for doing email, playing games, or editing a document is another use and is not covered by the MSDN subscription license. When this happens, the underlying operating system must also be licensed normally by purchasing a regular copy of Windows such as the one that came with a new OEM PC.

Hope this helps.

@OP: I hope nobody will do the survey. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/piracy/reporting/default.aspx.

Again this proves it is a violation of the terms of service, NOT criminal activity like VOD has purported in order to attempt to trump up the accusation to the point of getting staff involved. This is just more of the same from VOD, defining his own value by how many people he can harass over non-incidents.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 05:56:52 AM

Again this proves it is a violation of the terms of service, NOT criminal activity like VOD has purported in order to attempt to trump up the accusation to the point of getting staff involved. This is just more of the same from VOD, defining his own value by how many people he can harass over non-incidents.

So "violation of TOS" isn't chargeable under the law". Huh

By the way, check Vod's trust feedback and the third paragraph in 1st of mine. See whether you can fin Vod is right or wrong about it. Smiley

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 06:10:22 AM

By the way, check Vod's trust feedback and the third paragraph in 1st of mine. See whether you can fin Vod is right or wrong about it. Smiley

At worst it is a violation of contract law, which would be a CIVIL case. It is however NOT a violation of CRIMINAL law, so there is a very big difference. Violations of CRIMINAL LAW are not allowed on the forum. This is what VOD was disingenuously trying to frame this as so he could manipulate staff into acting on his extortion for him.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:15:26 AM

The TOS is a contract between Microsoft and the person who is using the key. Violating the TOS of something, alone is not a crime. Although what the OP is doing may be against federal anti-piracy laws (I am really not sure on this)
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 06:20:05 AM

At worst it is a violation of contract law, which would be a CIVIL case. It is however NOT a violation of CRIMINAL law, so there is a very big difference. Violations of CRIMINAL LAW are not allowed on the forum. This is what VOD was disingenuously trying to frame this as so he could manipulate staff into acting on his extortion for him.

I understand. Thank you for telling! But did you check Vod's trust feedback? It does have a relevant point but the second last line of the negative feedback may not be approved.

Quote from: Vod's Trust Feedback
This user is selling Microsoft product keys they get from MSDN subscriptions. This is not allowed. Microsoft does not sell product keys without Certificate of Authenticity.

All it will take is a single person to report his illegal purchase of a Microsoft key (even someone who intentionally buys just to report), then Microsoft can trace it back to the original MSDN subscription that generated that key.

ALL keys generated from that MSDN account will then become invalidated (i.e. stop working) and FuckIdolPlus will NOT give you your money back.

This is a scam. Do not purchase keys from this account!

=snip=
you bought an MSDN licensed key, which carries up to 10 activations unlike full packaged retail licenses which only carry 1 activation. The person who sold it to you probably sold it to 10 other persons. Somewhere along the way, one of those persons might have installed it on a second system, activated it, because it went past 10 activation threshold, Microsoft detected it that it was being abused and blocked the key from further use.
=snip=

Edit:

The TOS is a contract between Microsoft and the person who is using the key. Violating the TOS of something, alone is not a crime. Although what the OP is doing may be against federal anti-piracy laws (I am really not sure on this)

This might be different case but I think this is appropriate.

Example of how your tips are used.

F.B.I. and Chinese Seize $500 Million of Counterfeit Software

A multi-year investigation by Chinese police investigators and the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation led to the dismantling of a piracy ring responsible for pirating and distributing up to $2 billion of software. The two-year investigation led to the demise of two criminal organizations - located in Shanghai and Shenzhen - and included up to 25 arrests according to officials from both nations. Microsoft, in gathering evidence it later handed over to the F.B.I. and to Chinese authorities, said more than 1,000 people had notified the company and sent in counterfeit discs. The consumers who sent in the pirated discs were apparently unaware they had purchased illegal software until a notification popped up on their screens. The F.B.I. said that a joint effort with the Chinese authorities had led to the seizing of more than $500 million worth of counterfeit Microsoft and Symantec software that was being made in China and distributed worldwide.

The arrests, according to industry executives, represented the most significant crackdown on software piracy. In the last couple of weeks, the operation led to the seizing by the Chinese government of 290,000 counterfeit discs and certificates of authenticity. The F.B.I. said that Chinese officials had seized more than 47,000 counterfeit Microsoft discs.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 06:21:52 AM

Violating the TOS of something, alone is not a crime. Although what the OP is doing may be against federal anti-piracy laws (I am really not sure on this)

It is not a crime, but I am sure he will refer to a recently reinterpreted piece of legislation crafted in the 80's under which law enforcement are attempting to frame violations of TOS agreements as criminal acts. It never was a crime, but they would like it to be. Close doesn't count in law. It is still not a crime.

The (non-applicable) law I am sure he is attempting to evoke: http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2011/09/16/no-faking-your-name-on-facebook-will-not-be-a-felony/
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:22:40 AM

This might be different case but I think this is appropriate.

Example of how your tips are used.

F.B.I. and Chinese Seize $500 Million of Counterfeit Software

A multi-year investigation by Chinese police investigators and the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation led to the dismantling of a piracy ring responsible for pirating and distributing up to $2 billion of software. The two-year investigation led to the demise of two criminal organizations - located in Shanghai and Shenzhen - and included up to 25 arrests according to officials from both nations. Microsoft, in gathering evidence it later handed over to the F.B.I. and to Chinese authorities, said more than 1,000 people had notified the company and sent in counterfeit discs. The consumers who sent in the pirated discs were apparently unaware they had purchased illegal software until a notification popped up on their screens. The F.B.I. said that a joint effort with the Chinese authorities had led to the seizing of more than $500 million worth of counterfeit Microsoft and Symantec software that was being made in China and distributed worldwide.

The arrests, according to industry executives, represented the most significant crackdown on software piracy. In the last couple of weeks, the operation led to the seizing by the Chinese government of 290,000 counterfeit discs and certificates of authenticity. The F.B.I. said that Chinese officials had seized more than 47,000 counterfeit Microsoft discs.
Like I said, what these people might also be violating anti-piracy laws. However breaking the terms of the TOS is nothing more then breaking a contract which does not have any criminal implications, only civil
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 06:24:58 AM

Like I said, what these people might also be violating anti-piracy laws. However breaking the terms of the TOS is nothing more then breaking a contract which does not have any criminal implications, only civil
[/quote]How is the key seller violating anti-piracy laws? Is he offering the actual software... no...just the legally obtained keys. So again we are left with the TOS violation, which is at most a CIVIL violation.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:32:39 AM

How is the key seller violating anti-piracy laws? Is he offering the actual software... no...just the legally obtained keys. So again we are left with the TOS violation, which is at most a CIVIL violation.
I am not a lawyer, so I really don't know. I am just giving an example as to what laws might be broken if one was being broken. The key word in my statements about this is *might* - as in I am not 100% sure.

One reason why it might violate anti-piracy laws is that anyone can download most microsoft products, but cannot actually use them without the product keys. So if you use a stolen product key to unlock the software to use it then this would be the action that would be breaking the law. Now if the keys are really "stolen" or not is probably a different question
Hazir
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005

★Nitrogensports.eu★

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:39:13 AM

I can tell you this - arguing about minor detail like: is it alright to sell these keys because they are violating civil or privacy laws or breaking TOS
is not gonna lead you anywhere. We all know it is somewhat grey area. So either Vod  and every 'scambuster' here will become vigilant enough to mark EVERY MSDN seller and others who sell: HBO, NETFLIX, various service subscriptions, various other account sellers, premium services sellers and WHOLE other LOT of people who are dealing with this stuff right away or just stop and leave it be.

█████████████████     ████████
       ████████              ████████
     ████████     ███████  ████████     ████████
    ████████     █████████████████     ████████
████████     ████████  ███████     ████████
          ████████     █████████████████
▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
▬▬ THE LARGEST & MOST TRUSTED ▬▬
      BITCOIN SPORTSBOOK     
   ▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
             ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀        ▀▄▄▄▄          
▄▀▀▀▀                 █   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
█                    ▀▄          █
 █   ▀▌     ██▄        █          █              
 ▀▄        ▐████▄       █        █
  █        ███████▄     ▀▄       █
   █      ▐████▄█████████████████████▄
   ▀▄     ███████▀                  ▀██
    █      ▀█████    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
     █       ▀███   ████      ████   ██
     ▀▄        ██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
      █        ██        ▄██▄        ██
       █       ██        ▀██▀        ██
       ▀▄      ██    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
        █      ██   ████      ████   ██
         █▄▄▄▄▀██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
               ██▄                  ▄██
                ▀████████████████████▀

CASINO  ●  DICE  ●  POKER  
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   24 hour Customer Support   

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 06:41:12 AM

I can tell you this - arguing about minor detail like: is it alright to sell these keys because they are violating civil or privacy laws or breaking TOS
is not gonna lead you anywhere. We all know it is somewhat grey area. So either Vod  and every 'scambuster' here will become vigilant enough to mark EVERY MSDN seller and others who sell: HBO, NETFLIX, various service subscriptions, various other account sellers, premium services sellers and WHOLE other LOT of people who are dealing with this stuff right away or just stop and leave it be.

Unfortunately it is not a minor detail because criminal activity of any kind is not allowed on the forum. Violating TOS is NOT criminal, therefore it is a very important detail.

I am not a lawyer, so I really don't know. I am just giving an example as to what laws might be broken if one was being broken. The key word in my statements about this is *might* - as in I am not 100% sure.

One reason why it might violate anti-piracy laws is that anyone can download most microsoft products, but cannot actually use them without the product keys. So if you use a stolen product key to unlock the software to use it then this would be the action that would be breaking the law. Now if the keys are really "stolen" or not is probably a different question

There is no maybe, this simply IS NOT A CRIME.
Copying software illegally = a crime
Selling legally obtained registration keys  = a violation of TOS and NOT a crime.

This very clearly does not fit the definition of software piracy because HE IS NOT PROVIDING ANY ACTUAL SOFTWARE! This whole criminal excuse is just some bit to justify VODs excessive, abusive, control freak extortionist behavior after the fact to save face and to attempt to manipulate staff into doing his dirty work for him.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:47:48 AM

Selling legally obtained registration keys  = a violation of TOS and NOT a crime.

This very clearly does not fit the definition of software piracy because HE IS NOT PROVIDING ANY ACTUAL SOFTWARE! This whole criminal excuse is just some bit to justify VODs excessive, abusive, control freak extortionist behavior after the fact to save face and to attempt to manipulate staff into doing his dirty work for him.

I would be interested to see if Vod can quote what specific law that he is claiming to be broken by these people. A somewhat quick search of google does not find anything that would refute your point.

As I said in one of the other threads (I think it was another one - there are so many), I think Vod does have somewhat of a conflict of interest as he said that he is a Certified Microsoft Engineer
FuckIdolPlus (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:50:22 AM

Selling legally obtained registration keys  = a violation of TOS and NOT a crime.

I would be interested to see if Vod can quote what specific law that he is claiming to be broken by these people. A somewhat quick search of google does not find anything that would refute your point.

As I said in one of the other threads (I think it was another one - there are so many), I think Vod does have somewhat of a conflict of interest as he said that he is a Certified Microsoft Engineer

He's a nobody in this world. I bet he ain't no "Certified Microsoft Engineer" unless he photoshopped a certificate.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: