Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:28:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: coins that you can trust for long term  (Read 3443 times)
MR1
Legendary

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:00:06 AM

StealthCoin of course with its 3D wallet and anonymous StealthText:

Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shapeshift

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 03:22:45 PM

My favourite coin is OPAL. It has so many new technologies like colored coin or drive abilities. It has also very good dev team.
racer2012

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 03:41:28 PM

http://247cryptonews.com/navajo-cryptocurrency-decentralized-anonymity-through-double-encryption/
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 04:47:31 PM

My Nr. 1 is...

Neos!

Best Wallet (not just my opinion)
Best Security-System (Blowfish, 2FA, Theft Recovery, Decoy System)
Syntaks, the Lead-Dev: highly skilled, very honest, everytime helpful, hard-working, and this man is a crypto-visionary

Neos has started end of August and what is already proven: It's here to stay. There is never rushing things out, never just hyping things, naturally but steady growth of the Community. And: I'm a normal User without programming skills, but I see that Neos attracts very smart guys, other Developer for Applications etc.. And: I never saw a problem that was not solved in short time. Therefore, it's great to watch the progress.

If somebody is searching for an still undervalued Project with real quality, real value and longterm-perspective... should take a closer look.
The Focus is on user-friendliness and security. In my opinion the most important requirements for a project. And there are big plans.

Quotes, out of the 2.1-Ann-Thread:

Decoy system: upon entering the system with a bad password, it won't seem any different from a valid login.  In fact, it will allow the attacker to proceed with nearly every function that they would be able to had they logged in with a valid password.  From sending Neos, to withdrawing it from exchanges - it's all fabricated and very convincing and while they think they're in the process of robbing you blind, they're actually just being kept busy while you're notified of it.

Notification system: upon bad login, if you've registered an email address with our security system, you'll be notified with details when someone attempts to break into your wallet.

Two-factor authentication: in your Neos settings, you have the option to configure your Google Authenticator for Neos.  Simply scan the QR code, verify the code from your phone and save your settings and you're now protected with two-factor auth the next time you attempt to log in.

Something new introduced

I've always stated Neos was a creation out of passion for crypto and what it represents: freedom.  I've also expressed my distain for those wishing only to flourish by means of theft.  Every time I hear of either a scandalous exchange closing down due to apparent theft, or people having their coin stolen via wallet stealers or computers stolen I cringe just as crypto does as it's being punched in the proverbial stomach.  I'm not here just for Neos, I'm here for crypto and the community in general is something I value.  With that being said, I wanted to code something that would serve not only the Neos community but potentially the entire community.

With that being said I present to you with Neos Kratos - our thief locator and fund recovery system.

I'll outline the possible scenarios in which this system is useful and what it's capable of and then take a less technical approach in my explanation.

1.  Someone sends out a wallet stealer disguised as another coin, you run it - your funds are gone but the thief has your wallet now even if it's encrypted.
2.  Someone breaches an exchange and steals the wallet files from it
3.  Someone steals your laptop with your wallets on it

Here's what's going to happen as a result in each one of those situations:

1.  You're going to be notified via e-mail as to the location of the thief as precisely as possible using geo-location methods.  The data provided can then be used in locating the offender.
2.  You're going to receive your wallet back via email

Future (Quoted partially):

- A custom marketplace is already in development
- One thing I can happily say is that we're currently being processed by LitePaid.com and coingateway.net.  As more services accept Neos as an option that have APIs, you can bet we're going to be developing for those services to the best of our ability - with a unique approach.
- we have a hardware wallet in development that utilizes the new Neos system and is in plain English - pretty damned cool.

Another bigger step could be Koinyx, because it will be fully registered and:
Koinyx has plans for some other novel features that will reward community members and excite traders. In addition, the Koinyx team has started work in order to introduce fiat into the exchange.
http://www.koinyx.com

Why I'm talking about it: I like the order of projects that will get listed. Neos is right after the big names. ;-)

Bitcoin
Litecoin
Dogecoin
Peercoin
Darkcoin
Namecoin
Neoscoin
(...)
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=22350.0

What also could come in future is POS. There is already a discussion about it:

"Hey folks,

Quite a few people in the community have expressed their interest in Neos switching from PoW - to full PoS after cutting off PoW at a certain height. This topic is here for feedback and discussion to determine the actual interest in doing this. Thoughts please.

Best regards,

syntaks

http://community.neoscoin.com/t/community-interest-discussion-switching-to-pos/386

Who is interested should...

...read the Ann-Thread, I just quoted parts: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=994415.0
...watch this Screencast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_Lvg_VcmKY
...follow Syntaks: https://twitter.com/NeosCoin
...join the IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#neoscoin

Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:37:54 PM

StealthCoin of course with its 3D wallet and anonymous StealthText:

I wasn't going to trust it long term as i feared it might just be a clonecoin with added gimmicks but now I see it has a 3D wallet I'm sold!

Damn.. I thought that technology was reserved for hollywood film studios, I'm impressed the development team has managed to bring it to our desktops. I think that's a sure sign of it's longevity

TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:53:30 AM

My Nr. 1 is...

Neos!

Best Wallet (not just my opinion)
Best Security-System (Blowfish, 2FA, Theft Recovery, Decoy System)
Syntaks, the Lead-Dev: highly skilled, very honest, everytime helpful, hard-working, and this man is a crypto-visionary

Neos has started end of August and what is already proven: It's here to stay. There is never rushing things out, never just hyping things, naturally but steady growth of the Community. And: I'm a normal User without programming skills, but I see that Neos attracts very smart guys, other Developer for Applications etc.. And: I never saw a problem that was not solved in short time. Therefore, it's great to watch the progress.

If somebody is searching for an still undervalued Project with real quality, real value and longterm-perspective... should take a closer look.
The Focus is on user-friendliness and security. In my opinion the most important requirements for a project. And there are big plans.

Quotes, out of the 2.1-Ann-Thread:

Decoy system: upon entering the system with a bad password, it won't seem any different from a valid login.  In fact, it will allow the attacker to proceed with nearly every function that they would be able to had they logged in with a valid password.  From sending Neos, to withdrawing it from exchanges - it's all fabricated and very convincing and while they think they're in the process of robbing you blind, they're actually just being kept busy while you're notified of it.

Notification system: upon bad login, if you've registered an email address with our security system, you'll be notified with details when someone attempts to break into your wallet.

Two-factor authentication: in your Neos settings, you have the option to configure your Google Authenticator for Neos.  Simply scan the QR code, verify the code from your phone and save your settings and you're now protected with two-factor auth the next time you attempt to log in.

Something new introduced

I've always stated Neos was a creation out of passion for crypto and what it represents: freedom.  I've also expressed my distain for those wishing only to flourish by means of theft.  Every time I hear of either a scandalous exchange closing down due to apparent theft, or people having their coin stolen via wallet stealers or computers stolen I cringe just as crypto does as it's being punched in the proverbial stomach.  I'm not here just for Neos, I'm here for crypto and the community in general is something I value.  With that being said, I wanted to code something that would serve not only the Neos community but potentially the entire community.

With that being said I present to you with Neos Kratos - our thief locator and fund recovery system.

I'll outline the possible scenarios in which this system is useful and what it's capable of and then take a less technical approach in my explanation.

1.  Someone sends out a wallet stealer disguised as another coin, you run it - your funds are gone but the thief has your wallet now even if it's encrypted.
2.  Someone breaches an exchange and steals the wallet files from it
3.  Someone steals your laptop with your wallets on it

Here's what's going to happen as a result in each one of those situations:

1.  You're going to be notified via e-mail as to the location of the thief as precisely as possible using geo-location methods.  The data provided can then be used in locating the offender.
2.  You're going to receive your wallet back via email

Future (Quoted partially):

- A custom marketplace is already in development
- One thing I can happily say is that we're currently being processed by LitePaid.com and coingateway.net.  As more services accept Neos as an option that have APIs, you can bet we're going to be developing for those services to the best of our ability - with a unique approach.
- we have a hardware wallet in development that utilizes the new Neos system and is in plain English - pretty damned cool.

Another bigger step could be Koinyx, because it will be fully registered and:
Koinyx has plans for some other novel features that will reward community members and excite traders. In addition, the Koinyx team has started work in order to introduce fiat into the exchange.
http://www.koinyx.com

Why I'm talking about it: I like the order of projects that will get listed. Neos is right after the big names. ;-)

Bitcoin
Litecoin
Dogecoin
Peercoin
Darkcoin
Namecoin
Neoscoin
(...)
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=22350.0

What also could come in future is POS. There is already a discussion about it:

"Hey folks,

Quite a few people in the community have expressed their interest in Neos switching from PoW - to full PoS after cutting off PoW at a certain height. This topic is here for feedback and discussion to determine the actual interest in doing this. Thoughts please.

Best regards,

syntaks

http://community.neoscoin.com/t/community-interest-discussion-switching-to-pos/386

Who is interested should...

...read the Ann-Thread, I just quoted parts: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=994415.0
...watch this Screencast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_Lvg_VcmKY
...follow Syntaks: https://twitter.com/NeosCoin
...join the IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#neoscoin

I will personally state that the neos developer is VERY dedicated to cryptos. Great coin/community/dev Smiley.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
megamore

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:36:05 AM

Bitcoin
Litecoin
Dogecoin
Reddcoin
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 11:54:29 AM

Bitcoin
Litecoin
Dogecoin
Reddcoin

digibyte
GrayPhoenix

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 12:26:15 PM

Bitcoin
Litecoin
Dogecoin
Reddcoin

Definitely Reddcoin - 14 months in and there are 8 devs hard at work, and yet it inexplicably retains a sub-million-dollar market cap.
carlbrabant

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 12:45:28 PM

abundance...or abc2 and maybe fuelcoin2.
mrbodz

Activity: 800

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 11:46:01 PM

Digitalcoin!
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 12:02:46 AM

"ideal reserve" is a shitcoin being spammed by chicagoschooler.  Don't ever spend a satoshi on this garbage.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 01:09:08 AM

NXT - Next Generation 2.0

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 01:18:08 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=952083.0 SMAC
ipbo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 03:54:48 AM

I preferred LTC, BTC , Doge, and LTC.
BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 09:38:57 AM

BTC, XMR
RaginglikeaBoss

Activity: 302

Never before 11 P.M.

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 09:59:50 AM

BTC, LTC, NXT, Digibyte, and honestly Nautilus should not be ignored.

Oh and super amazing blue shiny Diamond coin.  Haha, I hope nobody catches the sarcasm on that one.

NMC has also done a very solid job holding value - thanks to BTC.

Th82

Activity: 418

COLX - Spread the Grid.

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 05:14:52 PM

Colossuscoin v 2.0

Colosssuscoin has been under constant, progressive development for over 1.5 years now with core development team members and has many new and exciting projects underway to be released throughout 2015. Colossuscoin2.0 has been launched successful on February 08, 2015
ANN Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=941433.0

Regards
Tom

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██▀▀ █▀█████████████▄
     ▄██▄█▄    ▐██▄███████▀  ▀█▄
   ▄█▀    █  ▄█▀██   ▀          █▄
  ██  ▐█  ███████                ██
 ██       ▐█████                  ██
▐█      ███████   █▄            ▄█░█▌
██▄  ▄▄███████▀         ▄       ▐████
████▄▄▐█▀█████         ▄██ ▄█▄ ██████
▐██████    ▀███▄█     ▄██████▄▐ ▀█▀█▌
 ██████      █████    ███████████▀▐█
  ██████   ▄██████   █▄████████▀  █
   █████  ▄████████▄███████████░▄█
    ▀███ ███████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀
━ EXTREMELY
RESOURCE FRIENDLY

▄██▄
      ██████
     ████████
    ▐████████▌
    ███▀  ▀███
    ███▄  ▄███
    ██████████
    ▐████████▌
     ████████
    ▄████████▄
  ▄████████████▄
 ████████████████
 ▐█▀ ▀██████▀ ▀█▌
      ▄    ▄
      █    █
      ▀█▄▄█▀
        ▀▀
LIGTHNING
FAST

▄█▄
▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀▀▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄       ██
██  ████████████▀   ▄██  ██
██  ██████████▀   ▄██▀   ██
██  ████████▀   ▄██▀     ██
██  ██████▀   ▄██▀  ▄██  ██
▐█▌ ▐███▀   ▄██▀  ▄███▀ ▐█▌
 ██  ▀▀   ▄██▀  ▄████▌  ██
  ██    ▄██▀  ▄█████▀  ██
   ██▄  ▀▀  ▄█████▀  ▄██
    ▀██▄   █████▀  ▄██▀
      ▀██▄  ▀▀   ▄██▀
        ▀▀██▄▄▄██▀▀
            ▀▀▀ 
STEALTH
ANONYMOUS
     ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄███████████████████████▄
 ▄█████▀               ▀█████▄
▐████▀                   ▀████▌
▐████   ▐██████████████▄▄▄███████▄▄
▐████   ▐███████████████████████████▄
▐████   ▐██████▀                ▀█████▄
▐████   ▐█████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▌
▐████   ▐█████▄▄▄██████████████▄   ████▌
▐████    █████████████▀   ██████   ████▌
 █████▄                  ▄██████   ████▌
  ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████   ████▌
    ▀███████████████████████████   ████▌
       ▀▀████▌   ▀████████████▀    ████▌
          ████▄                  ▄█████
           ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
             ▀█████████████████████▀
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ColossusXT
     ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Join the COLX community on:
TwitterFacebookTelegram
DiscordReddit Bitcointalk
Braino

Activity: 644

IRONX - Fully regulated World-Class Exchange

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 06:56:22 PM

START <- Self-Explanatory

UltraCoin <- Easy Profit. Ultra is a steal at it's current price

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
J1mb0

Activity: 983
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 07:04:06 PM

Litecoin, Next, Bytecoin - Go for alt coins that are innovative and original. Steer clear of clones, forks and 'we'll do this great thing sometime in the future' shitcoins like DOGE, Monero and Maidsafe. 

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌