Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:45:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paul Ryan Romney's running mate  (Read 1645 times)
420 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 09:11:10 PM

Great, now I lost a bunch of bets

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 10:46:54 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ_wavPJiEE&t=9m21s

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
420 (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 10:54:08 PM

better than condelezza rice

wow Romney must think he's going to die before getting to office Tongue

myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 10:57:37 PM

Meh. I could give a crap who's in office, they're all functionally identical anyway.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
420 (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 11:09:11 PM

Meh. I could give a crap who's in office, they're all functionally identical anyway.

Gary Johnson

myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 11:17:41 PM

Gary Johnson

Or Ron Paul. Sure, there are a few candidates who are different enough to matter. And Paul might actually get the nomination at the RNC. But 3rd party candidates don't get the coverage, the funding, or the airtime that the main party candidates do.

Shit, if Dr. Paul does get the nod, I'll bet you the media immediately calls the election for Obama.

420 (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 11:55:35 PM

Gary Johnson

Or Ron Paul. Sure, there are a few candidates who are different enough to matter. And Paul might actually get the nomination at the RNC. But 3rd party candidates don't get the coverage, the funding, or the airtime that the main party candidates do.

Shit, if Dr. Paul does get the nod, I'll bet you the media immediately calls the election for Obama.

Probably but it's already..............[fill in word here for Ron Paul's campaign status]

Rand Paul on june 7: "my father was still my first pick, now that the nominating process is over im happy to support mitt romney"

email to campaign for liberty june 6 2012:

Due to the smart planning of our campaign and the hard work and diligence of supporters like you, we stand to send nearly 200 bound delegates to the Republican National Convention in Tampa. This number shatters the predictions of the pundits and talking heads and shows the seriousness of our movement.

What's more, we will send several hundred additional supporters to Tampa who, while bound to Romney, believe in our ideas of liberty, constitutional government, and a common-sense foreign policy.

When it is all said and done, we will likely have as many as 500 supporters as delegates on the Convention floor.  That is just over 20 percent!

And while this total is not enough to win the nomination, it puts us in a tremendous position to grow our movement and shape the future of the GOP!

I hope every one of you continues the fight we have advanced so well this year.  I hope you will finish your local and state conventions, and, if you were selected as a national delegate, that you will head to Tampa in August to force the Republican Party to listen to the voice of liberty.

We have never had this kind of opportunity.  There will be hundreds of your fellow supporters in Tampa who will be ready and willing to push the Republican Party back to its limited government, liberty roots.

There are many issues to fight for in Tampa.  Also, candidates like Justin Amash, Kurt Bills, and Thomas Massie need your support as we move into the fall.  Across the country, supporters of liberty have won local office and leadership positions in the GOP, and we need to keep working.

Our delegates’ presence must be felt both in Tampa and in years to come.  

Stand up for what we believe in.  Be respectful.  And let the establishment know that we are the future of the Party and of the country.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2012, 12:11:34 AM

Which is precisely my point. Johnson's got a snowball's chance in hell of getting the election, because the media are already portraying it as a Romney/Obama cage match. Two men enter, one man leaves, and no other challenger need apply. If even a single news agency gave fair and balanced coverage to every candidate, I might not have said "they're all functionally identical anyway." But they don't, so I feel confident in saying that regardless of the outcome of the election, on November 5th, the US will be precisely identical to that of November 3rd.

Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 01:54:05 AM

I just don't see what Paul Ryan adds in terms of electoral votes.  He does not bring any new moderates to the table and he will most probably cause Romney to lose Florida due the the seniors being scared by his on the record budget proposals.  If they are not scared now, a well made attack ad will make them scared. 

420 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 01:55:53 AM

I just don't see what Paul Ryan adds in terms of electoral votes.  He does not bring any new moderates to the table and he will most probably cause Romney to lose Florida due the the seniors being scared by his on the record budget proposals.  If they are not scared now, a well made attack ad will make them scared. 

Romney does not have much conservative support for true conservatives, at most it gets some more conservatives but paul ryan isn't even true conservative like Ron Paul or Gary Johnson

Littleshop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 03:49:20 AM

Romney does not have much conservative support for true conservatives, at most it gets some more conservatives but paul ryan isn't even true conservative like Ron Paul or Gary Johnson

Sorry.  Every 'true' conservative who could walk to the polls was going to vote for Romney before this VP choice.  He does not need any more support from 'true' conservatives unless they can vote more then once. 

tiberiandusk

Activity: 575

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 03:59:51 AM

He just gave Obama the election. Ryan is even more of a sociopath than Romney.

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 04:06:40 AM

Or maybe he just gave Ron Paul the nomination. One can hope, anyway.

420 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 06:26:17 AM

Or maybe he just gave Ron Paul the nomination. One can hope, anyway.

hopes and dreams hopes and dreams

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 07:08:49 AM

Paul Ryan was chosen for one reason=PAUL.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
420 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 07:49:32 AM

because his name has paul in it?

87 yr old man "I remember that paul name...he's a good guy for freedom"

myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 08:07:47 AM

Might work in Florida.

420 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 08:10:25 AM

Might work in Florida.

oh Florida seems easy to fuck over by their track record

Littleshop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 11:46:57 AM

Might work in Florida.

After one well done attack ad in Florida, seniors will NOT vote for either guy with the name Paul in it.  Paul Ryan's plan to wind down Medicare is going to cost votes. 

420 (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 05:04:07 AM

Might work in Florida.

After one well done attack ad in Florida, seniors will NOT vote for either guy with the name Paul in it.  Paul Ryan's plan to wind down Medicare is going to cost votes. 

Maybe there should be a cutoff. Young people can't vote (also note there is no intelligence test to determine ability to be an adult and vote logically)
So should we cutoff seniors at 80 years or so?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: