Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:16:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Proposed removal of Matthew N Wright from forum staff.  (Read 11512 times)
Bigpiggy01 (OP)

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2012, 02:17:09 PM

In light of Matthew's blatant dishonesty outlined in post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84042.1680 and his no comment stance on his relationship with Jonathan Ryan Owens who has left a large amount of GLBSE customers in a lurch I move that admin remove him form the staff rota until such time as that mess is cleared up one way or the other.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2012, 02:27:22 PM

Wow! So serious. Exactly which forum rule did he break? I can't see any rule broken at the link you posted.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Bigpiggy01 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2012, 02:37:29 PM

I'm not saying he broke any rules I'm saying he's straight out dishonest and as such him being listed as staff is quite frankly speaking a disgrace for the forum.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄

▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 12, 2012, 06:56:55 PM

Yup, we're all criminals and Bitcointalk is a subsidiary of Silk Road, Mybitcoin, MtGox, and Bitcoinica. We're all nothing but scammers, liars, thieves, murderers and druggies.
(/sarcasm)

finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2012, 07:50:14 PM

I don't think the forum has gone to shit.

Matthew annoys the hell out of me, but he is a regular here and I suppose he fills a need on the board he moderates, with the language barriers and all. Might be a hard combo to replace.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2012, 07:53:02 PM

For the childrens!

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2012, 08:01:52 PM

Matthew annoys the hell out of me, but he is a regular here and I suppose he fills a need on the board he moderates, with the language barriers and all. Might be a hard combo to replace.

^this, don't act like children guys, just ignore him  Smiley

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 12, 2012, 08:05:32 PM

I would advise the guys who don't like "The Staff" to start reporting spam posts.
Let's see if they accept to be a part of "The Staff" when theymos asks them to.
Maybe they'll even start censoring themselves just because they belong to "The Staff"...

FFS...
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2012, 08:08:40 PM

Is him being a mod in the Korean forum really bothering you that much? And is it a personal thing or does it actually have something to do with the forum?

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Bigpiggy01 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 07:54:03 AM

It is so nice to see staff covering up for each other as his and my posts in the thread in question have apparently been deleted.

Is him being a mod in the Korean forum really bothering you that much? And is it a personal thing or does it actually have something to do with the forum?

Him being a mod in the Korean forum doesn't bother me at all. What bothers me is that with a "staff" title by his name he gains credibility similar to VIP or Donor status, possibly to an higher degree in the eyes of some people, myself included as I actually hold the staff in general here in fairly deep respect as does most of the community. I don't mind a nice bit of trolling or outspoken opinions. However blatant dishonesty, outright lies and such from a person in a "trusted"/"trust inspiring" position I do mind and do have a serious problem with.

I would advise the guys who don't like "The Staff" to start reporting spam posts.
Maybe they'll even start censoring themselves just because they belong to "The Staff"...

FFS...

The issue of self censoring wasn't raised in the op at all. And I fully agree with you on self censoring on part of the the staff would lead into an unending shit spiral. However telling outright lies to the community is imo unforgivable and utterly indefensible. Quite frankly it's weak and pathetic especially when coming from someone in a "trusted" position.

Again if he were a regular user I 100% agree, however given his current position ignoring breaches at this level are imo not really an option if you want to be able to take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror in the mornings.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄

▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 07:58:07 AM

It is so nice to see staff covering up for each other as his and my posts in the thread in question have apparently been deleted.

Him being a mod in the Korean forum doesn't bother me at all. What bothers me is that with a "staff" title by his name he gains credibility similar to VIP or Donor status, possibly to an higher degree in the eyes of some people, myself included as I actually hold the staff in general here in fairly deep respect as does most of the community. I don't mind a nice bit of trolling or outspoken opinions. However blatant dishonesty, outright lies and such from a person in a "trusted"/"trust inspiring" position I do mind and do have a serious problem with.

FFS...

The issue of self censoring wasn't raised in the op at all. And I fully agree with you on self censoring on part of the the staff would lead into an unending shit spiral. However telling outright lies to the community is imo unforgivable and utterly indefensible. Quite frankly it's weak and pathetic especially when coming from someone in a "trusted" position.

Again if he were a regular user I 100% agree, however given his current position ignoring breaches at this level are imo not really an option if you want to be able to take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror in the mornings.

Perhaps a new thread discussing JRO  is called for rather than posting about it in unrelated  ones about bitcoinica. Matthew's links to JRO would then be on topic and shouldnt be deleted.

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 11:54:02 AM

Perhaps a new thread discussing JRO  is called for rather than posting about it in unrelated  ones about bitcoinica. Matthew's links to JRO would then be on topic and shouldnt be deleted.

This is the best option.  It's difficult enough for people to work out which sub-forum a topic might be in at the moment, let alone to work out that a discussion about one service is taking place in a topic about another.  The Bitcoinica threads are already total clusterfucks in which it's hard to find relevant information and derailing them further renders them useless for users who are just going to check the last page to see if there are any updates.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 3085

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 01:36:04 PM

Yup, we're all criminals and Bitcointalk is a subsidiary of Silk Road, Mybitcoin, MtGox, and Bitcoinica. We're all nothing but scammers, liars, thieves, murderers and druggies.
(/sarcasm)

You are, yes.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 01:48:55 PM

(/sarcasm)

You are, yes.

Had you on ignore for some reason, trolling I guess.

Now are you saying that Maged is a liar, or I didn't get you right?

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 3085

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 01:53:22 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2012, 02:11:04 PM by mlawrence

Had you on ignore for some reason, trolling I guess.

Now are you saying that Maged is a liar, or I didn't get you right?

Absolutely he is a liar.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=97215.0

Saying I was trying to raise funds to injure/kill Zhou Tong is nothing short of a lie.

Also, look here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=97365.msg1073135#msg1073135

"Significant evidence" I was trying to hire a hitman.   Cheesy  Grin   He ignored half a dozen people asking what this "evidence" was.  The guy is so full of shit, and using his power as a mod to bully others.

Anyway, this thread is about the tool Matthew, so I won't comment anymore on the liar Maged.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 01:57:27 PM

Maybe you guys need to read this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=86580.0 to learn what the titles mean and why you should ignore them.
MNW is a mod ONLY in the Korean section, because it's a tiny part of the forum with no other moderation. The forum software automatically applies the "staff" title when you see a post from him that is located OUTSIDE of the section he moderates. I see no reason to disable that feature, and I doubt it would be really easy anyways.

Furthermore, this business of attacking a moderator just because of their position has got to stop. It's a shameful situation that ought never to happen. This forum already hangs in the balance of being both a wonderful resource and a terrible plague because of the community it harbors, and it would be an utter disaster to lose what moderation we have and devolve into a worthless internet hell-hole. We have enough of those already, and don't need another one linked to Bitcoin.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 02:06:05 PM

I'm as anti authority as the next guy, but it seems to me that if we have enough crap to clean up that we need people to clean it up, there is no need for us to like or agree with 'the staff' on any level other than their ability to clean up crap, there is no need for 'the staff' to be honest on an issue they are not actively moderating, there is no need for 'the staff' to be removed from their position (esp. while lacking a replacement) because of anything that happened outside of their subforum

That said, As I've mentioned before I think some sort of notice that 'the staff' are talking as 'the staff' would help, and would probably happen a lot naturally as it is anyway, and lacking any such notice you should assume the person in question is not speaking as 'the staff' but as themselves

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 02:15:17 PM

That said, As I've mentioned before I think some sort of notice that 'the staff' are talking as 'the staff' would help, and would probably happen a lot naturally as it is anyway, and lacking any such notice you should assume the person in question is not speaking as 'the staff' but as themselves

Those notices are normal. I guess you don't see them much because, unlike most forums, bitcointalk.org moderators usually don't moderate discussions. They tend to do more background work, be it deleteing spam posts or deleting/moving off-topic replies.
Kinda hard to digest when people are expecting censorship instead of free-speach.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 02:21:12 PM

Anyway, this thread is about the tool Matthew, ...

^this, I don't care what you guys do out there, but keep the trollish posts at minimum in other people's threads

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 02:34:40 PM

In light of Matthew's blatant dishonesty outlined in post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84042.1680 and his no comment stance on his relationship with Jonathan Ryan Owens who has left a large amount of GLBSE customers in a lurch I move that admin remove him form the staff rota until such time as that mess is cleared up one way or the other.

I'm not saying he broke any rules I'm saying he's straight out dishonest and as such him being listed as staff is quite frankly speaking a disgrace for the forum.

I just wasted half an hour reading pages from that link. Perhaps I've missed something, but could you please explain where the lie is? Everyone posting in that thread sounds equally evasive, and I do hate to miss a good stoush.

So how about you spend a bit more time on your post than just "<link> and you must believe me because I said so". Please explain what the hell is going on in those last pages of that thread, and why you think Matthew is lying. And why that made you so cranky. Thank you.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: