Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:22:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Proposed removal of Matthew N Wright from forum staff.  (Read 11516 times)
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 12:46:11 PM

That'd be tough, I banned him about a month ago.

I'm expecting banned members to have "BANNED" user group, but I don't see anything
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=63877.msg1040716#msg1040716

Nah, there aren't any obvious indications that someone is banned. I also usually don't volunteer information about bans, not really anyone else's business, but I won't hide it either if it comes up.

What does it take to get banned from bitcointalk  Cheesy

Nothing really, just being your-RL-self

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 07:59:31 AM

I'm not saying he broke any rules I'm saying he's straight out dishonest and as such him being listed as staff is quite frankly speaking a disgrace for the forum.

Sadly there are a few staff members almost as bad as Matthew. This forum is almost nothing but criminals anymore. Mathew as a leading scammer fits right in.  Angry

Just check out the bets they are running about pirate in the gambling sub forum.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 08:01:14 AM

Can I recommend to OP to update the title to "People who don't like Matthew"?

mem

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 08:03:18 AM

No matthew I have no issue with you as a person, I just take a very large issue with the dangerous bets and attitude to free speech you have.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 08:08:31 AM

No matthew I have no issue with you as a person, I just take a very large issue with the dangerous bets and attitude to free speech you have.

Oh I don't have a problem with free speech. I have a problem with defamation. We're surrounded by trolls and people who hide behind the veil of anonymity. Reputations are often completely worthless as no one really knows who the individual is and as such, there is no fair debate on some issues, just noise. By making a bet, I've given a way for true believers to actually make a profit off of their belief and make a louder message to the community that they were in fact, correct. You have a problem with this awesomeness?

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 08:14:15 AM

I'm very sure that mem does like MNW.  Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and mem just made an unfunny failtroll thread in his honor.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
mem

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 08:16:49 AM

Oh I don't have a problem with free speech. I have a problem with defamation. We're surrounded by trolls and people who hide behind the veil of anonymity.

IE pirate, the guy holding all the btc.

By making a bet, I've given a way for true believers to actually make a profit off of their belief and make a louder message to the community that they were in fact, correct. You have a problem with this awesomeness?

I like how you very carefully reworded "I attack anyone that attacks pirate by saying bet or shut the fuck up" - it sounds much less like scare tactics the way you frame it.

I dont see any awesomeness, I see a 17yo that is running a scam or has delusions of the grandeur.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 08:21:18 AM

We're surrounded by trolls and people who hide behind the veil of anonymity.
He's anonymous? Since when?

By making a bet, I've given a way for true believers to actually I dont see any awesomeness, I see a 17yo that is running a scam or has delusions of the grandeur.

Those are the only two options huh? In that case it would seem that it's pretty easy to prove if I were running a scam, yet I don't have the slightest idea what kind of scam that would be or how it would work. Since you believe this way and you're adament about it regardless of the fact that it's not true, it seems like pretty easy money to me to maker a wager related to it. Stake your terms. Proving bitcoins in possession, having pirate post publicly if he knows me or not, etc. Name it. Time to collect the FUD tax.

mem

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 08:23:01 AM

Ok now I am changing my opinion, I believe you are indeed a scammer.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 08:25:55 AM

Easy solution. Stop hiding and tell me what I would need to prove that I'm not a scammer, we'll find some other trusted member, we'll escrow the coins, and you'll wager that I am in fact scamming. Again, easy money for me.

mem

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 08:31:58 AM

Easy solution. Stop hiding and tell me what I would need to prove that I'm not a scammer, we'll find some other trusted member, we'll escrow the coins, and you'll wager that I am in fact scamming. Again, easy money for me.

Oh you are open to discussion ?

ok - lets see proof of the btc required to payout your current bettors entirely without delay.
Then follow up by placing the entire sum required to payout bettors in the hand of a "trusted" third party.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 08:35:01 AM

Oh you are open to discussion ?

ok - lets see proof of the btc required to payout your current bettors entirely without delay.
Then follow up by placing the entire sum required to payout bettors in the hand of a "trusted" third party.

Those weren't the terms you agreed upon for the bet, were they? If you'd like to make a -new- bet on different terms, I'm listening.

bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:31:47 PM

Matthew, I must know.....

Are you the type of guy that carries a pair of reading glasses in your back pocket that you resort to putting on when there is risk of getting punched in the face ?

I don't know what it is about you, but for some strange reason, I peg you as the "you wouldn't hit a guy wearing glasses, would you?" ...kinda guy.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:33:26 PM

Are you the type of guy that carries a pair of reading glasses in your back pocket that you resort to putting on when there is risk of getting punched in the face ?

I don't know what it is about you, but for some strange reason, I peg you as the "you wouldn't hit a guy wearing glasses, would you?" ...kinda guy.

bitlane, if you are sure Pirate will not pay your 2,500BTC, I will make a personal wager for half of that that he will. If he pays, I keep 1,250BTC of it. If he does not, I send you 1,250BTC. Do you agree to this?

bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:35:03 PM

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica....

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:36:18 PM

If bitlane doesn't even respond to my gracious offer to cover his debt and reward him, he's obviously been trolling this entire time and never for a second thought that pirate wouldn't pay him.

bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:37:07 PM

I answer your questions about as accurately as you answer mine.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:39:52 PM

I answer your questions about as accurately as you answer mine.

I assumed you were being rhetorical since you proposed a question and then answered your own question with your hypothesis. I'll answer now.

Nope. I don't have back pockets. They are a bad habit and desensitize you to the risks of pick-pocketers.

mem

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:40:07 PM

deep fried chewing monkey gumboots purple dishwasher

bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 12:45:54 PM

NOW... being that this thread (keeping on topic) is here to propose to "Kick Matthew's Ass out of Staff Land" ..... I will add to it.

The ONLY other 'Staff Member' on this forum that comes even CLOSE to constantly serving his own interests is DIABLO. Fortunately, Diablo, with those interests, maintains mining software for the community and receives praise for his efforts. Yours is purely a conflict of interest and a blatant SPAMFEST in regards to your 'Pirate Bet'.

As I don't have a hope in hell of keeping up with the amount of posts you make, perhaps someone else can answer this best:

Have you been able to refrain from posting your Pirate Bet offer in a single thread that you currently post in, since you began ?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: