Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:38:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "If you were the President of the DGC Foundation, what would be your next step?"  (Read 6249 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
xawksow

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 11:32:41 PM

We also have quite a good number of merchants. Smiley
You can check them here: http://wiki.digitalcoin.co/index.php/Where_to_spend_digitalcoin
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kenel (OP)

Activity: 578
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 02:18:32 PM

You can check them here: http://wiki.digitalcoin.co/index.php/Where_to_spend_digitalcoin

We should probably sort these into categories to make it easier to read Smiley
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 07:01:35 PM

Where are all the Baritus fanboys now?

I remember catching a serious load of crap for calling him out for the scammer he is.

Any one still think he didn't steal the $30K worth of DGC?

~BCX~

Please remind me as I can't remember, who did he steal the coins from ?

He ripped off the all the investors he solicited from to build his next time proven follow on scam, CryptoAve.

I find it amazingly coincidental that an unknown "mystery employee" swipes $30K of DGC from Baritus personal stash in the damn near the same amount he raised from investors. Basically he used their money to fund CAVE and sold his personal coins at the same time.

Any more questions?

~BCX~

I also dropped DGC after that fiasco, it was blatantly obvious what was going on. zakryze was kind enough to show a lot of us on irc some convincing blockchain proof. Coming on the heels of the Inputs "hack" it just didn't feel right.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
SimonTower

Activity: 473

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 07:05:31 PM

Done. I hope You will pleased.  Wink
kenel (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 07:23:57 PM

Where are all the Baritus fanboys now?

I remember catching a serious load of crap for calling him out for the scammer he is.

Any one still think he didn't steal the $30K worth of DGC?

~BCX~

Please remind me as I can't remember, who did he steal the coins from ?

He ripped off the all the investors he solicited from to build his next time proven follow on scam, CryptoAve.

I find it amazingly coincidental that an unknown "mystery employee" swipes $30K of DGC from Baritus personal stash in the damn near the same amount he raised from investors. Basically he used their money to fund CAVE and sold his personal coins at the same time.

Any more questions?

~BCX~

I also dropped DGC after that fiasco, it was blatantly obvious what was going on. zakryze was kind enough to show a lot of us on irc some convincing blockchain proof. Coming on the heels of the Inputs "hack" it just didn't feel right.

Would urge you to reconsider your position on DGC. Good team, good guys, making a lot of progress Smiley
kenel (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 07:24:15 PM

Done. I hope You will pleased.  Wink

Looks great simontower!
TheIrishman
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 07:43:28 PM

Do not quit. The current dev team is doing a great job, and DGC is the only alt I'm invested in. I believe the main thing that made people turn away from DGC was the price plunge from the high 40,000's, when I myself bought a lot of coins. I still have them and keep buying more whenever I can. Anyone who can't deal with that kind of thing should stay away from any market that involves risk, including traditional stock markets. I'm almost glad the price dropped as it did because that made the "get rich quick" parasites leave the community. The keyword here is persistence. I can see Digitalcoin becoming more and more relevant in the long run. Just stick to what you're doing and we'll get there eventually.
siameze
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 07:47:35 PM

Would urge you to reconsider your position on DGC. Good team, good guys, making a lot of progress Smiley

What have you guys accomplished in the past ~2 years I have been out? Cliff notes please.  Cheesy

There were some good folks I met in irc, but I had enough drama for one summer by the time cryptoave tanked.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
mrbodz

Activity: 800

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 08:26:28 PM

Mainly adoption on a number of services. A massively more secure blockchain. Client source which is friendlier to the end user. Based off the 0.9.3 BTC source with a 0.10 upgrade coming soon. (Once i've got more free time and xawksaw's finished the DGC services he's working on). We also now are not controlled by a single dev and as like whats been done here. Taken input from the wider community, those who are and are not invested in DGC. such as yourself which allows everyone a fair way to contribute towards DGC and its future without being held back like what baritus did.

Ahmed
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 08:54:11 PM

seeing as there's a lot of attention in this thread, supposing DGC eventually grows to be on par with BTC, would anyone be open to increasing the mint rate along with user adoption?

this isn't really integral but it'd be more grease for the wheels; more people join, they get more coins, they're compelled to spend more = healthier, more active economy.

logically it's senseless as coin units are very granular but it's the thought that counts Smiley
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 08:55:18 PM

What have you guys accomplished in the past ~2 years I have been out? Cliff notes please.  Cheesy

There were some good folks I met in irc, but I had enough drama for one summer by the time cryptoave tanked.

I'm working on a simple blockchain based PKI system which utilises the DGC blockchain.

There is much work to do on a project like this but everything starts small and in my opinion we have plenty of time.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 11:48:06 PM

agreed and hence why the various 'quit' replies sound like pretty sound advice to me   Grin

Suppose I should pack it all up and move along because some devs of other coins told me to; Sounds like solid advice to me Smiley

you're question has always been what would be 'your' next move, and in reference to me that's exactly what I would do, tis not at all advice on what you should do.

and to quit sounds like sound advice, as you stated you can't change the past, so dgc will always be haunted by its past.

Fair enough. I appreciate your input!

and by a past that got on peoples bad side I wasn't talking just Baritus, a few core members of dgc earlier on took to ddos.......hint didn't make some of us so happy did my defence by building a dgc holding war chest Wink

kelsey, would you be willing to join our IRC channel and hash this out with me personally?

Your crew didn't seem to what to hash it out with me on IRC at the time, tried on several occasions, baritus though not directly involved (as far as I know) chose to stay silent on the matter even after pleading with him to rain in his lap dogs.

siameze
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 12:26:11 AM

Is baritus still involved in this coin at all? I guess whether or not I decide to reconsider DGC depends on that.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
mrbodz

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 12:51:23 AM

not at all. he never will be. That is the precise reason why we decided to go the foundation route with the possibility for everyone to contribute equally.

Ahmed
kenel (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 04:31:01 AM

agreed and hence why the various 'quit' replies sound like pretty sound advice to me   Grin

Suppose I should pack it all up and move along because some devs of other coins told me to; Sounds like solid advice to me Smiley

you're question has always been what would be 'your' next move, and in reference to me that's exactly what I would do, tis not at all advice on what you should do.

and to quit sounds like sound advice, as you stated you can't change the past, so dgc will always be haunted by its past.

and by a past that got on peoples bad side I wasn't talking just Baritus, a few core members of dgc earlier on took to ddos.......hint didn't make some of us so happy did my defence by building a dgc holding war chest Wink

kelsey, would you be willing to join our IRC channel and hash this out with me personally?

Your crew didn't seem to what to hash it out with me on IRC at the time, tried on several occasions, baritus though not directly involved (as far as I know) chose to stay silent on the matter even after pleading with him to rain in his lap dogs.

What?
kenel (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 04:33:53 AM

Is baritus still involved in this coin at all? I guess whether or not I decide to reconsider DGC depends on that.

No.
KLONE

Activity: 264

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 04:57:26 AM

Do you know tenebrix, fairbrix? Tonal bitcoin? those were the starter alts..lack of everything left them dead and buried.

Not too up to date on the alt history are you?

Tenebrix and Fairbrix died because I personally exterminated them along with a few of the other early alts that were pieces of shit. In all fairness TBX and FBX were prototype coins and I was asked by the devs to stress them. They were the forerunners of Litecoin.

~BCX~

Everyone loves your work man ... your record speaks for itself!!
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 05:33:36 AM

What?

what? what?

i'm saying I tried to sort it out on chat in the past, but the core group still continued their actions, so I don't see any reason not to continue mine.
mrbodz

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 09:32:40 AM

Do you know tenebrix, fairbrix? Tonal bitcoin? those were the starter alts..lack of everything left them dead and buried.

Tenebrix and Fairbrix died because I personally exterminated them along with a few of the other early alts that were pieces of shit. In all fairness TBX and FBX were prototype coins and I was asked by the devs to stress them. They were the forerunners of Litecoin.

Back on topic.

The title of the thread is "If you were the President of the DGC Foundation, what would be your next step"

There seems to be a real concern by people about Baritus still being involved. Count me in as one of those people and as I am sure Ahmed can tell you, having experienced first hand that I can be a significant barrier to any coin I desire to be.

What would convince me is that if kenel or the DGC Foundation publicly and clearly stated that Baritus is not involved in any manner, never will be and more than likely stole the $30K of DGC, I would consider the matter closed. The last I heard from the DGC Foundation was that Baritus was not involved but was considered a valuable friend and would remain behind the scenes while building his exchange.

So kenel, how about that clarification on Baritus and his involvement in the BS story?

~BCX~

Baritus wont ever be involved in DGC and its development EVER. (Atleast not while i'm around). My own personal opinion (not from the foundation or kenel) is that baritus most likely dumped the DGC himself rather than an employee. (No exchange operator is dumb enough to leave their wallet unsecured on a device which other people have access to).
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 10:45:49 AM

Back on topic.

The title of the thread is "If you were the President of the DGC Foundation, what would be your next step"

There seems to be a real concern by people about Baritus still being involved. Count me in as one of those people and as I am sure Ahmed can tell you, having experienced first hand that I can be a significant barrier to any coin I desire to be.

What would convince me is that if kenel or the DGC Foundation publicly and clearly stated that Baritus is not involved in any manner, never will be and more than likely stole the $30K of DGC, I would consider the matter closed. The last I heard from the DGC Foundation was that Baritus was not involved but was considered a valuable friend and would remain behind the scenes while building his exchange.

So kenel, how about that clarification on Baritus and his involvement in the BS story?

~BCX~

Baritus wont ever be involved in DGC and its development EVER. (Atleast not while i'm around). My own personal opinion (not from the foundation or kenel) is that baritus most likely dumped the DGC himself rather than an employee. (No exchange operator is dumb enough to leave their wallet unsecured on a device which other people have access to).

now doesn't that just leave yet another with a big stash to dump anytime dgc moves forward?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: