Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:47:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "If you were the President of the DGC Foundation, what would be your next step?"  (Read 6249 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 11:08:46 AM

now doesn't that just leave yet another with a big stash to dump anytime dgc moves forward?

I don't understand the issue here ?

Are you complaining that some people have lots of coins and might dump them if the price goes up ?
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SimonTower

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 11:51:35 AM

Baritus wont ever be involved in DGC and its development EVER. (Atleast not while i'm around).

I'm completely agree with You.
kenel (OP)

Activity: 578

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 12:32:33 PM

Do you know tenebrix, fairbrix? Tonal bitcoin? those were the starter alts..lack of everything left them dead and buried.

Not too up to date on the alt history are you?

Tenebrix and Fairbrix died because I personally exterminated them along with a few of the other early alts that were pieces of shit. In all fairness TBX and FBX were prototype coins and I was asked by the devs to stress them. They were the forerunners of Litecoin.

Back on topic.

The title of the thread is "If you were the President of the DGC Foundation, what would be your next step"

There seems to be a real concern by people about Baritus still being involved. Count me in as one of those people and as I am sure Ahmed can tell you, having experienced first hand that I can be a significant barrier to any coin I desire to be.

What would convince me is that if kenel or the DGC Foundation publicly and clearly stated that Baritus is not involved in any manner, never will be and more than likely stole the $30K of DGC, I would consider the matter closed. The last I heard from the DGC Foundation was that Baritus was not involved but was considered a valuable friend and would remain behind the scenes while building his exchange.

So kenel, how about that clarification on Baritus and his involvement in the BS story?

~BCX~

You're absolutely right that when The Foundation first took over the development of the coin, we had every intention on playing nice. I'm not one to burn bridges.

As time went on, and the code that made up Digitalcoin V2 was dissected, and baritus became ever more distant, I believe the mentality changed a bit.
We're now on V3 with multi-algo and a lot of fun extras (inlcuding a large op_return data in our blockchain which once realized by the public is going to be a major positive for DGC), have been stress tested, and completely rewritten by xawksow and ahmed.

I'll thank him for two things -- 1) Digitalcoin is a great and marketable name. Kudos. 2) Handing over control of the coin to the foundation. Best thing he's done.

As for the DGC being stolen, I don't know. They were donations and his "personal fund". I'm not sure that even if he did dump them that would be considered stealing. I think it's complete bullshit and immoral if he did dump them, and something I would never do myself, but to each his own. It is what it is.

What I think most people are concerned about are the shares of the failed CryptoAve project. If those shares / DGC value were dumped instead of being returned to investors, yes, I believe that would be considered stealing.

Baritus hasn't contributed a single bit of input since we took over development. I haven't seen him around in months aside from the one or two posts on our Digitalcoin forum (which is now privatized for DGC holders only) at the beginning of the month.

So, TLDR:

Baritus is no longer involved in the development of DGC. We initially fully intended to keep him as a 'consultant' for the foundation. The entire situation has changed. We are developed now by xawksow, ahmed, and the rest of our foundation guys. There's a possibility that he dumped his personal fund/donations of DGC....if he did, shame on him, but I'm not his mother nor do I really even care if he did or not.
kenel (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 12:34:47 PM

Do you know tenebrix, fairbrix? Tonal bitcoin? those were the starter alts..lack of everything left them dead and buried.

Tenebrix and Fairbrix died because I personally exterminated them along with a few of the other early alts that were pieces of shit. In all fairness TBX and FBX were prototype coins and I was asked by the devs to stress them. They were the forerunners of Litecoin.

Back on topic.

The title of the thread is "If you were the President of the DGC Foundation, what would be your next step"

There seems to be a real concern by people about Baritus still being involved. Count me in as one of those people and as I am sure Ahmed can tell you, having experienced first hand that I can be a significant barrier to any coin I desire to be.

What would convince me is that if kenel or the DGC Foundation publicly and clearly stated that Baritus is not involved in any manner, never will be and more than likely stole the $30K of DGC, I would consider the matter closed. The last I heard from the DGC Foundation was that Baritus was not involved but was considered a valuable friend and would remain behind the scenes while building his exchange.

So kenel, how about that clarification on Baritus and his involvement in the BS story?

~BCX~

Baritus wont ever be involved in DGC and its development EVER. (Atleast not while i'm around). My own personal opinion (not from the foundation or kenel) is that baritus most likely dumped the DGC himself rather than an employee. (No exchange operator is dumb enough to leave their wallet unsecured on a device which other people have access to).

now doesn't that just leave yet another with a big stash to dump anytime dgc moves forward?

Not really -- our distribution is pretty spread out compared to other coins.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dgc/#!rich
kenel (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 12:35:47 PM

agreed and hence why the various 'quit' replies sound like pretty sound advice to me   Grin

Suppose I should pack it all up and move along because some devs of other coins told me to; Sounds like solid advice to me Smiley

you're question has always been what would be 'your' next move, and in reference to me that's exactly what I would do, tis not at all advice on what you should do.

and to quit sounds like sound advice, as you stated you can't change the past, so dgc will always be haunted by its past.

Fair enough. I appreciate your input!

and by a past that got on peoples bad side I wasn't talking just Baritus, a few core members of dgc earlier on took to ddos.......hint didn't make some of us so happy did my defence by building a dgc holding war chest Wink

kelsey, would you be willing to join our IRC channel and hash this out with me personally?

Your crew didn't seem to what to hash it out with me on IRC at the time, tried on several occasions, baritus though not directly involved (as far as I know) chose to stay silent on the matter even after pleading with him to rain in his lap dogs.

What?

what? what?

i'm saying I tried to sort it out on chat in the past, but the core group still continued their actions, so I don't see any reason not to continue mine.

You'll be hard pressed to find that same mentality in our community anymore. I invite you to see for yourself Smiley
pr9me

Activity: 369

Cryptsy.com • Got Shitcoins?

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 01:41:04 PM

Just hopped on here for the first time this year... I'm pleasantly surprised to see that DGC still has a following. Keep at it man!
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 01:48:01 PM

siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 01:54:05 PM

Baritus wont ever be involved in DGC and its development EVER. (Atleast not while i'm around).

I'm completely agree with You.

Well that is definitely good to hear. I have a lot of respect for ahmedbodi, and I have followed his work on other coins - including Myriad.

I admit I was rather livid when the baritus thing occurred and probably sold my DGC a bit too hastily. For the record I did approve of letting BCX sort the whole issue out, but it seems he is ready to call a truce as well. Having the foundation publish a statement on the matter isn't too much to ask is it?

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 01:57:12 PM

Just hopped on here for the first time this year... I'm pleasantly surprised to see that DGC still has a following. Keep at it man!

Welcome back?  Good to see your first post is here with DGC...  Smiley

We are still in irc if you want to swing by.

-tb-

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 02:06:25 PM

I don't understand the issue here ?

Are you complaining that some people have lots of coins and might dump them if the price goes up ?

not at all, seeing I'm one of the ones with a large holding that does suppress the price when it goes up.
mrbodz

Activity: 800

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 02:38:25 PM

Back on topic.

~BCX~

Baritus wont ever be involved in DGC and its development EVER. (Atleast not while i'm around). My own personal opinion (not from the foundation or kenel) is that baritus most likely dumped the DGC himself rather than an employee. (No exchange operator is dumb enough to leave their wallet unsecured on a device which other people have access to).

i'm not that heavily invested in DGC. I own maybe 40k and considering ive stuck with DGC since the beginning. I doubt  i'd ever dump it even if its worthless (You couldnt count the number of worthless coins i hold)
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 04:43:13 PM

The last I heard from the DGC Foundation was that Baritus was not involved but was considered a valuable friend and would remain behind the scenes while building his exchange.

~BCX~

Okay, i seem to be the only person who cares about being rational and doesn't think baritus is a scammer (and yes, i lost dgc to cryptoave), SO i think that only adds to the credibility when i say he is NOT involved with DGC development. in fact I pm'd him about a week ago asking him to delete his old github and haven't gotten a reply yet. coming from probably the only person who ever defended him, i'll repeat he hasn't been involved with development whatsoever. DGC v3 is entirely new codebase implemented by Ahmed. so cool your shit bcx.

really, i'd rather the original dev of DGC be known as a poor entrepreneur, rather than an outright scammer. the DGC he solicited for his exchange project came from willing investors, not from rigging the DGC network. if you're gonna spread shit, at least spread accurate shit. also, the amount of DGC he solicited was roughly 550k total, about the same amount dumped, so i don't believe there's any more coins left to dump, as if that even matters since his holdings, along with all other DGC ever distributed, were gained legally. people just want a public figure to roast when their investment in an overhyped environment turns sour. that's all conversations about him have ever been about.

let's just forget about the guy and move on. the DGC network is clean, that is all that ever mattered and is the only thing worth discussing here.
mrbodz

Activity: 800

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 04:53:12 PM

The last I heard from the DGC Foundation was that Baritus was not involved but was considered a valuable friend and would remain behind the scenes while building his exchange.

~BCX~

Okay, i seem to be the only person who cares about being rational and doesn't think baritus is a scammer (and yes, i lost dgc to cryptoave), SO i think that only adds to the credibility when i say he is NOT involved with DGC development. in fact I pm'd him about a week ago asking him to delete his old github and haven't gotten a reply yet. coming from probably the only person who ever defended him, i'll repeat he hasn't been involved with development whatsoever. DGC v3 is entirely new codebase implemented by Ahmed. so cool your shit bcx.

really, i'd rather the original dev of DGC be known as a poor entrepreneur, rather than an outright scammer. the DGC he solicited for his exchange project came from willing investors, not from rigging the DGC network. if you're gonna spread shit, at least spread accurate shit. also, the amount of DGC he solicited was roughly 550k total, about the same amount dumped, so i don't believe there's any more coins left to dump, as if that even matters since his holdings, along with all other DGC ever distributed, were gained legally. people just want a public figure to roast when their investment in an overhyped environment turns sour. that's all conversations about him have ever been about.

let's just forget about the guy and move on. the DGC network is clean, that is all that ever mattered and is the only thing worth discussing here.

Yea were not going to agree there. Xawksaw, samson, techbytes and kenel helped in the creation of DGC V3. Baritus in my personal opinion is an outright scammer. No one in their right minds would say he isnt. Everyone lost a shit ton of DGC in cryptoave. That money was not gained legally at all. He claimed it was for CryptoAve an exchange that would be launched for DGC which barely stayed online at all. Its a non-existant service. So it is a scam.

Also DGC was not overhyped at all. Infact the money that people gave towards the marketing of cryptoave and DGC. Which never happened. DGC was one of the most under marketed coins at a time that was critical for DGC.

Ahmed
siameze
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 05:11:51 PM

~BCX~

Yea were not going to agree there. Xawksaw, samson, techbytes and kenel helped in the creation of DGC V3. Baritus in my personal opinion is an outright scammer. No one in their right minds would say he isnt. Everyone lost a shit ton of DGC in cryptoave. That money was not gained legally at all. He claimed it was for CryptoAve an exchange that would be launched for DGC which barely stayed online at all. Its a non-existant service. So it is a scam.

Also DGC was not overhyped at all. Infact the money that people gave towards the marketing of cryptoave and DGC. Which never happened. DGC was one of the most under marketed coins at a time that was critical for DGC.

Ahmed

I couldn't agree more. I know this will remain a hotly debated subject for some time to come, but the facts are far too compelling. And just way too convenient.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
kenel (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 06:45:59 PM

I couldn't agree more. I know this will remain a hotly debated subject for some time to come, but the facts are far too compelling. And just way too convenient.

Hotly debated?
siameze
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 07:55:32 PM

Hotly debated?

Well it seems the tide has changed in the 1.5+ years I have been out of touch here.  Cheesy

cosmoo seems to be his only staunch supporter left. I will drop into irc one afternoon and check out the pulse on your project. DGC was probably the first alt outside of namecoin I ever owned.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 08:16:44 PM

Hotly debated?

Well it seems the tide has changed in the 1.5+ years I have been out of touch here.  Cheesy

cosmoo seems to be his only staunch supporter left. I will drop into irc one afternoon and check out the pulse on your project. DGC was probably the first alt outside of namecoin I ever owned.

it's not that i want to support him, just to me the facts point to him being a lousy entrepreneur, not a scammer. i've lost money to legit scams and the feeling is different here.

i acknowledge i'm a minority and probably won't change anyone's opinion, whatever, we're all entitled to one. i'd just prefer it if the progenitor of the coin we're trying to support wasn't labelled as a criminal. shitty entrepreneur honestly seems more accurate to me and doesn't carry the pure, negative impact trolls like BCX get paid to spread.
Tsquared

Activity: 500
Merit: 501

http://digitalcoin.org/

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 10:12:03 PM

If the purpose of this thread was to start another pointless discussion about Baritus, mission accomplished.

If the purpose was to get some ideas rearning what needs done, update your websites.

Day in and day out incredible accomplishments (as many have touched on in this thread) are barely mentioned and don't even make it to the sadly static Digitalcoin and Digitalcoin Foundation websites.

The wiki is very nice thanks to SimonTower, but everything else is really out of date.

http://digitalcoin.co/services.php
http://digitalcoin.foundation/projects/
http://digitalcoin.foundation/news/

This is what people first see when they start looking into Digitalcoin, and it doesn't make for a good first impression.

Also, if you must lock down the forum, you should make it a little more clear what you're asking people to do, and you should remember that most people don't even know what irc is.

TT
kenel (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 10:29:30 PM

If the purpose of this thread was to start another pointless discussion about Baritus, mission accomplished.

If the purpose was to get some ideas rearning what needs done, update your websites.

Day in and day out incredible accomplishments (as many have touched on in this thread) are barely mentioned and don't even make it to the sadly static Digitalcoin and Digitalcoin Foundation websites.

The wiki is very nice thanks to SimonTower, but everything else is really out of date.

This is what people first see when they start looking into Digitalcoin, and it doesn't make for a good first impression.

Also, if you must lock down the forum, you should make it a little more clear what you're asking people to do, and you should remember that most people don't even know what irc is.

TT

Hang onto your fur.....we're going to pop into lightspeed.

All these things are currently under development, one of them will be ready shortly.

siameze
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 12:55:18 AM

TT

My purpose wasn't to derail the thread, I was just genuinely curious as to whether baritus was still on the development team or not. I have not even bothered to do any research into DGC until I happened across this thread and it piqued my curiosity. I don't like to keep all my eggs in one basket so it is nice to check things out.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄