Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:07:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scotland to ban smoking in cars with children  (Read 2475 times)
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 05:31:38 PM

Scotland is to ban smoking in cars with children, bringing it into line with forthcoming legislation in England and Wales to protect young people from secondhand smoke.

The Scottish government announced it would back the smoking prohibition (children in motor vehicles) (Scotland) bill, which has been put forward by the Liberal Democrat MSP Jim Hume.

The bill, which is hoped will receive royal assent before the next Holyrood elections in May 2016, covers all cars, although Hume acknowledged that as it progresses discussion may take place about exempting convertibles, when they have the roof fully down, to bring it into line with English laws.

“This legislation will ensure that we can put a stop to the 60,000 journeys being made in Scotland each week where children are being exposed to dangerous secondhand smoke,” he said.

More : http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/mar/25/scotland-to-ban-smoking-in-cars-with-children

Are they serious? Where is the freedom of choice to do whatever you want (but in the respect of the other people)? Can you say your opinion here? Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 06:03:09 PM

Scotland is to ban smoking in cars with children, bringing it into line with forthcoming legislation in England and Wales to protect young people from secondhand smoke.

The Scottish government announced it would back the smoking prohibition (children in motor vehicles) (Scotland) bill, which has been put forward by the Liberal Democrat MSP Jim Hume.

The bill, which is hoped will receive royal assent before the next Holyrood elections in May 2016, covers all cars, although Hume acknowledged that as it progresses discussion may take place about exempting convertibles, when they have the roof fully down, to bring it into line with English laws.

“This legislation will ensure that we can put a stop to the 60,000 journeys being made in Scotland each week where children are being exposed to dangerous secondhand smoke,” he said.

More : http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/mar/25/scotland-to-ban-smoking-in-cars-with-children

Are they serious? Where is the freedom of choice to do whatever you want (but in the respect of the other people)? Can you say your opinion here? Thanks.

i bolded what i think is important for a possible answer.
we know for sure that smoking/cigarette smoke is bad for human beings especially for children.
the problem is now parents that smoke usually dont think about that and it becomes natural for the child to see and inhale smoke.

in essence if someone would ask you to stop smoking beside him/her you should stop but it just dont happen in reality.
i think this bill is really about the protection of children.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:19:32 PM

i bolded what i think is important for a possible answer.
we know for sure that smoking/cigarette smoke is bad for human beings especially for children.
the problem is now parents that smoke usually dont think about that and it becomes natural for the child to see and inhale smoke.

in essence if someone would ask you to stop smoking beside him/her you should stop but it just dont happen in reality.
i think this bill is really about the protection of children.

I don't smoke, but if someone ask me to not do something beside him I stop immediately because I respect the other person. Here as you told it is a question of protection/health of the children (the most important thing when you are talking about 'smoke').
Thanks for your opinion, come one guys I would like to read your opinion about this fact : Are you agree or disagree?
protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:29:47 PM

I think it's a stupid law that's a waste of money, but I do agree that people shouldn't smoke around kids (I smoke myself btw).

I would expect that the vast majority of people wouldn't smoke in the car with children anyway, but for the ones that do, why not just tell the kids in school from a young age that it might, possibly harm them if daddy smokes a fag on the school run every day? They will be giving daddy an earful on the ride home that day, and the next day he will wait till he gets home before sparking up  Cheesy And all with negligible cost to the taxpayer! You know what, fuck this Bitcoin shit, I'm running for government bitches.
Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:50:39 PM

Whatever happened to liberty and an individuals right to chose?
If people want to smoke, drink, eat doughnuts or whatever it's their choice alone and none of the governments damned business.
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:58:38 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2015, 09:55:59 PM by jbrnt

Smoke in a small enclosed environment is sufficating even for smokers, let alone small children. Getting a cigarette from the box and lighting it is as dangerous as using your mobile phone while driving. I think this law is very reasonable.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:00:44 PM

I have heard of pet rocks. But children cars?    Grin

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:19:52 PM

I think it's a stupid law that's a waste of money, but I do agree that people shouldn't smoke around kids (I smoke myself btw).

I would expect that the vast majority of people wouldn't smoke in the car with children anyway, but for the ones that do, why not just tell the kids in school from a young age that it might, possibly harm them if daddy smokes a fag on the school run every day? They will be giving daddy an earful on the ride home that day, and the next day he will wait till he gets home before sparking up  Cheesy And all with negligible cost to the taxpayer! You know what, fuck this Bitcoin shit, I'm running for government bitches.

Yes, for someone is 'another' stupid law for other people is a 'great' law. Everyone think at one thing, and the government don't help....

If people want to smoke, drink, eat doughnuts or whatever it's their choice alone and none of the governments damned business.

I suppose you ar (almost) an anarchy or am I wrong? However also you are right but always in the respect of the other people.
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:23:02 PM

Smoke in a small enclosed environment is sufficating even for smokers, let alone small children. Getting a from the box and lighting it is as dangerous as using your mobile phone while driving. I think this law is very reasonable.

As I said in the other post the children should be safeguarded, it is in their right.

You are so funny, but can you stay on topic? Thanks.
worhiper_-_

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:26:33 PM

How is it secure to smoke while driving while holding a phone on your hand is considered not safe...
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:31:38 PM

Smoke in a small enclosed environment is sufficating even for smokers, let alone small children. Getting a from the box and lighting it is as dangerous as using your mobile phone while driving. I think this law is very reasonable.

As I said in the other post the children should be safeguarded, it is in their right.

You are so funny, but can you stay on topic? Thanks.

Thanks for the admonishment.

As far as banning anything that the people do, government doesn't do it because they love the children, or anyone else. Government does it to control the people, or to help the insurance companies keep rates down.

Government people that have sympathy don't make it up that high in government. You gotta be hard and tough to get up there. They don't care about the people. All they care about is money and political manipulation.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BootstrapCoinDev

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:13:26 PM

Nicotine is a very good means to increase concentration, using a mobile phone does exactly the opposite. A crackdown on mobile use whilst driving would be much more appropriate.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 10:16:16 PM

Would be better if they made a law that exempted children from prosecution for defending themselves against scumbags hotboxing them in captivity.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 11:25:16 PM

I'm a smoker myself, but I used to avoid smoking when non-smokers travelling with me. Smoking around children is also a "taboo" for me. So, this law is a good and necessary one.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 11:28:43 PM

I'm a smoker myself, but I used to avoid smoking when non-smokers travelling with me. Smoking around children is also a "taboo" for me. So, no problem here.
I'm a smoker too and wouldn't smoke around any of my younger cousins but the threat of force towards those that would is wrong. Also, the threat of second hand smoke has been debunked and this nanny statism is not something that we need more of.
Snipe85

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

Infleum

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 11:34:59 PM

Would be better if they made a law that exempted children from prosecution for defending themselves against scumbags hotboxing them in captivity.
Great idea! Now think of all those middle aged people suing their elderly parents for lung damages they got inhaling smoke in the car. It's always better to prevent then repair the damages.

I agree with the smoking ban, it's unhealthy and some people are just ignorant and won't stop even if you ask them nicely. They have to be hit in their wallets to learn anything.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 06:14:17 AM

Top 3 things stolen in convenience store robberies:
Money
Cigarettes
Alcohol

Even legal marijuana dispensaries without armed security are getting robbed.

No amount of financial disincentive has ever stopped addicts, only their free will, or their deaths.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 06:34:20 AM

Top 3 things stolen in convenience store robberies:
Money
Cigarettes
Alcohol

Even legal marijuana dispensaries without armed security are getting robbed.

No amount of financial disincentive has ever stopped addicts, only their free will, or their deaths.

Here's the way it works.

1. Government requires vaccination of little kids and babies.
2. The children get ADD and ADHD and autism, etc., from the vaccines.
3. The kids are placed on all kinds of drugs, like Ritalin, especially in school.
4. These drugs are habit forming worse than cocaine.
5. When the kids get out of high school (if not sooner), government stops supplying the drugs.
6. The kids have to supplement their government and medical induced habit.
7. Government makes more money off people that they make sick from early childhood than anything else... through fines and prison and covertly supplying the drugs.

While smoking is not quite like cocaine/Ritalin, it is induced in kids in subtle ways through the things that they have to go through in school, and through lack of health brought about by eating processed foods. Kids feel that they need cigarettes and alcohol to make up for something that they are missing in their health. Then the smoking and alcohol make things worse.

Smiley

(oYo)

Activity: 476

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 07:22:29 AM

I'm pretty sure this law already exists here in Canada and they're working on expanding it to include homes as well.

Rampton

Activity: 525

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:22:20 AM

Should I be allowed to follow you around and blow smoke in your face for hours? No. Should a parent be allowed to force-feed their children doughnuts 24/7? No. This isn't about the smokers liberty but the children's liberty. They have no choice and are forced to breathe that crap in and second hand smoke can cause cancer. It makes it even worse when they're in a car.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: