Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:07:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sheep Market owner arrested!  (Read 3736 times)
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:52:40 PM

Karma seriously screws you up, there is no escaping.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:10:48 PM

He could have made the same amount of money if he just kept running the site honestly for the next 20 years. I guess fast money is too tempting, and he thought he could get away with it.

20 years? It's quite likely that the site would have been actually hacked or its owner would slip up and get caught by the feds during that time. 20 years is a long time when it comes to Bitcoin and computer security. Tor might not even be a reliable method of obscuring one's identity by then.

Also, it would have been easy to launder the stolen bitcoins if he had done it properly. He could have sent a portion of his stash through a mixer such as Bitmixer.io every couple of months and cashed out little bits at a time using LocalBitcoins. If the police becomes suspicious, he could have simply said that he was an early adopter which would be very difficult to disprove.
L

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:17:26 PM

He could have made the same amount of money if he just kept running the site honestly for the next 20 years. I guess fast money is too tempting, and he thought he could get away with it.

20 years? It's quite likely that the site would have been actually hacked or its owner would slip up and get caught by the feds during that time. 20 years is a long time when it comes to Bitcoin and computer security.

Also, it would have been easy to launder the stolen bitcoins if he had done it properly. He could have sent a portion of his stash through a mixer such as Bitmixer.io every couple of months and cashed out little bits at a time using LocalBitcoins. If the police becomes suspicious, he could have simply said that he was an early adopter which would be very difficult to disprove.

Yap, the longer he ran the site the more probable it would have been for him to get caught by authorities.
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:25:50 PM

He knew his face is well known, knew he was a suspect, but just couldn't wait and had to buy a residence and transfer a couple hundred thousand euros through his girlfriend's bank account, really?  Roll Eyes
In my country bank transfers of over €15k may be (and usually are) reported to the IRS, since Czech Republic is a part of the EU it may have similar rules.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:40:08 PM

I'm curious why karma doesn't work for USA presidents...
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 10:55:49 PM

It's not that easy. In such cases you have to be able to prove your story. They cannot prosecute you for any crime until proving your guilt, but they can and will seize your cash if you can't prove it's legit. Otherwise every criminal could just say "I'm an early bitcoin adopter and cashed my bitcoins slowly over time".

Plus, according to linked article:

Thomas was never arrested until know, even though that his name details were well known and reported to the Czech police soon after the scam.

that surely didn't help his attempt to money launder.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
duckydonald

Activity: 378

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:56:47 PM

cause they are protected and dont blame just the prez alone is the whole government.  

also one more thing they only go after you steal more then 300,000 dollars, I dont see people going to jail for 10,000  
duckydonald

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:58:25 PM

It's not that easy. In such cases you have to be able to prove your story. They cannot prosecute you for any crime until proving your guilt, but they can and will seize your cash if you can't prove it's legit. Otherwise every criminal could just say "I'm an early bitcoin adopter and cashed my bitcoins slowly over time".

Thomas was never arrested until know, even though that his name details were well known and reported to the Czech police soon after the scam.

if he took 40 million he should had moved and stay off the net. Case solved, the face he kept his facebook and other shit, he did the same shit like Dread pirate roberts did. Im sure the Evoulution scammers are scared of there asses now.  ha ha ha
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 11:05:55 PM

if he took 40 million he should had moved and stay off the net. Case solved, the face he kept his facebook and other shit, he did the same shit like Dread pirate roberts did. Im sure the Evoulution scammers are scared of there asses now.  ha ha ha
This Czech guy was just a lucky flop. He was not pro scammer but he just went with the flow and he won some big money. From the other hand Evolution creators were professional scammers, fraudsters and carders. They won't be easy catch.
Cult

Activity: 479
Merit: 100

Enter the future of gaming

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 12:10:44 AM

Hope he enjoys his new sex life. Cheesy

RedCatMetaverse   
    ●  Play Learn and Earn blockchain game  ●   
Instagram  ◣ Discord  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 12:28:07 AM

In the time that this scam happened, and the money was stolen , there was virtually possibilities of such scams on every corner. People were new to bitcoin, there was a large inflow of
money in bitcoin, and all that led to pranksters like this fatty to do what he did.
The very fact that he got cought in such a noob way tells more about him than any news, he obviously isnt smart enough to keep the money. Justice served right.

cheers
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 12:33:06 AM

Finally, someone gets arrested for running a scam. He definitely deserved this. Hopefully more bad guys will be caught in the future.
Just look at Karpeles, still a free man.
Agree, scammer got what he deserved. He looks terrible, and hurt a lot of dangerous people ;O
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 01:25:28 PM

What a fag, i thought he would look more badass for a darknet drug dev, but i guess they all look like an ugly nerd not being able to run a block, it's pathetic. Horrible for a drugdealer to see what kind of person took his money lol.
TheGr33k

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 05:57:48 PM

he would have been arrested if he ran the site for 20 years, when evo exit scammed someone pointed out that you can only leave in 3 ways; get arrssted, exit scammed, or shutdown with notice of the users. Only a fww sites ever done the last because they dont need to.
Jamie_Boulder

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 07:03:37 PM

Not sure if we're allowed to talk about this here but what's the new famous black market these days? still SR 2.0?

uvt9

Activity: 300

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 07:47:43 PM

The fact that someone getting investigated just because he suddenly got rich is really scary.

Why don't he just tell authority that he bought those coins years ago when it was only few cents a pop ? How did police end up revealing the stolen coins ?
Bytty

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 07:55:15 PM

Not sure if we're allowed to talk about this here but what's the new famous black market these days? still SR 2.0?

Check here: http://www.deepdotweb.com/2013/10/28/updated-llist-of-hidden-marketplaces-tor-i2p/
dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 08:22:10 PM

I'm curious why karma doesn't work for USA presidents...

Too funny!
Glad to see these thieves are being dealt with ...

^ I am with STUPID!
dhimasnk

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 11:37:51 PM

deserved severe punishment imposed on persons who have committed fraud. I hope other con men in the field of bitcoin soon caught, because they have damaged the reputation of bitcoin.

BUY LOW/SELL HIGH
24/7 TRADING BOT  GUNBOT  THE AUTOMATIC PROFIT GENERATOR FOR POLONIEX
LIMITED EDITION NOW AVAILABLE FOR KRAKEN AND BITTREX  My bitcoin address: 37xyZGoqmkeTTatsWcnFJS4iL4xdE4Cuia + wex.nz codes at Peermarketer@gmail.com
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 11:43:04 PM

Will this bring any justice? Maybe more Bitcoin auctions down the road?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: