Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:27:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bryan Micon's List of Bitcoin Scammers, Shills, and Users Not To Trust IMO  (Read 7277 times)
Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 09:13:30 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2013, 10:56:11 PM by Micon

I'm going to categorize scammers into how bad I think they are.

BTCBTC Scammer Hall of Fame BTCBTC
this group is reserved for only the worst, largest, filthiest bitcoin scammers.  Massive ponzi, large BTC theft, large single or distributed scumbagging (borrow and don't repay)

1)  Pirateat40 (still operating Confirmed scumbag, possible 500k BTC theft ($5M when stolen) ) DONKDOWN -> http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2013/07/sec-says-man-named-the-pirate-was-running-bitcoin-ponzi-scheme/ & http://www.sec.gov/News/PressRelease/Detail/PressRelease/1370539730583#.Ue8JvEHYB8H
2)  Bitcoinica Hacker 1 (anon)
3)  Bitcoinica Hacker 2 (anon)
4)  MT Gox Hacker (anon)
5)  Alberto Armandi --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=93445.msg1205151#msg1205151
6)  PatrickHarnett (credit ratings promoting other scammers, ponzi running himself, still operating)  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=61262.0
7)  vescudero (ponzi) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89122.0
Cool  RustyRyan (ponzi)
9)  Hashking (ponzi)
10) mybitcointrade (ponzi) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=81357.0  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=62023  
11) nckrazze (ponzi)  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=81927.0

Lower Level Scammers
this group is reserved for the Ponzi affiliates (pass-throughs), smaller BTC scams and thefts,  & small BTC scumbagging.

1)  Payb.tc ($1M+ USD Pirate pass through,  top affiliate of the top BTC scam ever)
2)  BurtW  (outspoken PPT affiliate, wrote "Pirate is not a Ponzi" in his sig, blindly promoted the scam)
3)  Dank (where to start.  lovable little stoner-scammer with half-baked scams to get you to send BTC)

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 11:03:24 PM

So how do you know Todd Whitteles? Is he still as annoying now as he was 20 years ago on LA-area BBSs?

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 05:39:20 AM

If only someone had thought to compile such a list before now...     Roll Eyes

At least you all know not to trust Bitcoin Hacker 2 now.  And is Mt Gox Hacker the person who hacked Mt Gox last year or the person who breached Bitcoinica's Mt Gox account last month?  We need to know so we (well all of us except for Zhou) can avoid him.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 05:50:21 AM

Well this is a thread that isn't going to descend into a total clusterfuck...
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 03:42:08 PM

Im convinced Micon is now the no.1 attention seeking whore who dethroned BitcoinEXpress.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 04:40:01 PM

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/showthread.php?896-FBI-made-20-page-report-on-Bitcoins-on-April-24-2012&p=15741&viewfull=1#post15741
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 11:40:07 PM

Shadow and clipse covered this thread quite well, I believe.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
zaj

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 11:47:55 PM

if pirate pays out everyone next week, doesn't that mean he lost his 5000 btc? it would prove he's not  a ponzi .
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 07:10:55 AM

if pirate pays out everyone next week, doesn't that mean he lost his 5000 btc? it would prove he's not  a ponzi .

if it  were a ponzi ,there would not be enough to  pay back with this far in

pirate may end up pulling the rabbit out of the hat and shocking everyone  Smiley

Nachtwind

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 08:03:10 AM

Wow.. Micon.. watching your threads turn up i really wonder what pirate did to you to deserve that amount of the same bullshit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Just make it simple:
1) He is a scammer.
2) He is not a scammer.

And which one he is we will soon find out.

But tbh it pisses me off to open the forum just to see the next thread of yours declaring that you are the smartass of the year because you and you alone have seen something coming and knowing exactly how the dividends were generated etc etc.
So i would like to ask you, politely, to shut the fuck up.

What Bitcoin needs is sort of "Trust". Sure, Pirate's system could a ponzi, but who knows at this very moment except pirate? You sure dont have more information than me or the next guy. IMO this situation resembles pretty well the end of BitScalper and already back then there were people like you crying all over the place that they have always known. Yeah? So be it. Whoever is stupid enough to invest money in a 6%/week investment should know that it is likely his money is gone forever. People dont have to repeat that time and again (and before you ask, no, i am not waiting for funds from pirate).

So please... when next time the thought crosses your mind to start up yet another thread on the same topic again turn off your PC.. we really dont need yet another of your "IMO scammer" lists, threads, posts etc. We already all know that you know better than anyone else and thank you.
bytedisorder

Activity: 489
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2012, 07:40:09 AM

looks like he was a scammer.
Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2012, 11:25:43 AM

ty for the bump.

List updated. 

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 06:24:01 PM

LOL PussyAt30 is Trendon's new alias.  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 07:44:28 PM

On the side note, although Matthew scammed many people with his "bet", he didn't receive one satoshi out of it, so the damages are limited. But discussing this would be clearly off-topic here.
I didn't receive one Satoshi from Pirate's scam, does it follow that the damages are limited? Yes, Matthew made no profit from the damage he did. How does that show the damages are limited?

deliberately mis-managing another human's expectations about money makes a negative emotional impact on the victims.  This is what Matt did, this is what Pirate did, this is what Vescudero is doing.   Mis-managing expectations of many others in order for himself to profit greatly.

This is all too right.....and even formulated way to softly, how damaging it is for community spirit and the wherewithall of Bitcon !

But : To remind you of the late Sir Alan Greenspan : Bubbles ( ponzis ) are not recognizable in advance, they got to be cleaned up afterwards !

Of course in FIAT world this is a blatant lie, but it applies to bitcoin.

Where are the efforts of the great Moderators of this forum to put scammer - tags on the PPT -operators, who are still "mismanaging human´s expectations"

helping to hide the ill - gotten interest of the ponzi -scams ?  May I deduce that everybody watches out for the next one?...the same as false accusations have

no consequences and are greeted as evidence.....even if its just based on the limited ability to percieve the facts and the inability of nearly all the Super - Egos

to backpaddle, when getting their head handed back to them.

And so, as i love to put perceptions in the realm of reality, nobody is perfect Wink, would you mind, Sir Micon, to put up for otoh´s bet ?

Vescudero was (is) a useful service for me, as I earned his weekly interest in 15 min. after I took out a loan.

Thought of you as a bastion of honor or is your "justice" the last air-bag protecting the heroscammers of legitimate competition ?

Thanks Zyk

P.S. As long as i can´t see the same clean- up efforts  made to prosecute the big profiteers as have been shown for MNW......

bitcoin.org is a typical case of frying the small - fish and let the bigo(tt)nes going on scott -free.....

Me too can´t stand your bigotterie and ingorance anymore Sir Micon !

As there are still no tags for false accusations neither for outright lies, I dare you to offer again otoh´s bet,

I accept the bet , if we use Victor as escrow Wink

Don't mess with bitcoin.

an excuse to Victor Vescudero

or just cancel him and put payb.tc at his place, as this guy is still running his own ponzi scheme hiding behind pirates default !!!

@zyk lol

I propose these terms if anyone is interested, personally I choose to leave my funds with Victor but choose not to enter in to any bets, but I would be happy to act as an escrow if anyone wished though.

Vescudero will not default  - bet: Agree xxx BTC

Victor Escudero, Vescudero, will not default on the funds lent to him or on the interest due on them within the next 6 months. Funds covered are those listed in & added to his OP & a default is defined as being over 2 weeks late in paying out any interest or funds due.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89122.0;all

He may at any time change the rate of interest payed out &/or return any &/or all funds (with interest to date). He may close his offering at any time & if all funds & interest due has been payed then the bet is then classed as over & won.

Event date 2013 03 10
Bet deadline 2013 03 08

Put up or shut up !!

Thanks Zyk

dust

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 02:51:11 AM

5)  PatrickHarnett (credit ratings promoting other scammers, ponzi running himself, still operating)

Huh? PatrickHarnett has a reputation for being the most trustworthy community member so far. He repaid CPA over 400 bitcoins after the pirate crash even as *every other lender on the forums collapsed*.

You probably need to re-evaluate your priorities here.
I agree that PatrickHarnett is trustworthy and professional.  However, he is also too trusting.  His optimistic credit ratings and support of pirate probably led to thousands of BTC of losses across the community.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 03:36:28 AM

...PatrickHarnett.......optimistic credit ratings and support of pirate probably led to thousands of BTC of losses across the community.

I disagree 700% with the above statement.

There are people in far greater positions of both power and influence than Patrick Harnett on this forum who's PUBLIC participation in pirateat40's program were more than likely responsible for 'new meat' into the program (or related programs) than anything else..

This is typical AMERICAN BULLSHIT - Point the finger at a single scapegoat and people can THEN sleep better at night knowing that the 'evil' has a face.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 05:50:44 AM

The only one responsible for pirate scamming the community is pirate himself.

Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 09:26:48 PM

The only one responsible for pirate scamming the community is pirate himself.

No.

Just no. Pirate made a good Ponzi operator, but someone would have done it eventually. Maybe not on this scale, but the community was very strongly supporting the operation even after its nature was obvious. People can now say "There was no proof, he might have been legitimate," but in that same vein, he might be an alien who will soon pay everyone after importing spaceships from Andromeda.

hazek and Micon and multiple others described it pretty well: the argument was working the wrong way around. BS&T had excessive debt that lacked an explanation. To defend that, one has to provide evidence it's not a scam, instead of willingly ignoring all evidence that it was one. If you throw your money onto the sidewalk and then go on vacation, could you say "the only one responsible is the thief"? That's nonsensical.

The sentence may become true if you can show scamming was an error on Pirate's side, because it will have some sort of consequences. Well, I'm watching, the plan of investors isn't impressive so far. But even if that works out, many people were making it far too easy to get things to where they are today. Go ahead and read some of the stuff from early July, the flamewar that spread over half the forum. Pirateat40 couldn't possibly have made it through all that by himself, not even remotely. He had massive support.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 04:30:46 AM

BurtW . Gigavps , Imsaguy   Goat and many others  were basically telling people they knew it wasnt a ponzi and people were just not smart enough to understand how it works etc

go back and read the posts although many have been deleted and its clear that pirate was not the only one driving people into the ponzi

actually ,he had very little posts on the forum when the PPT guys were recruiting fresh accounts .........
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 04:35:24 AM

I will just leave this right here.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: