Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 01:32:13 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 151 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ECC  (Read 259321 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 06:54:12 AM

The wallet stopped to sync with the network. A few months all was well, and three weeks ago, have been delayed. This is a problem of the developers or what?
There are wallets and other cryptocurrencies. They work fine.
What happened to the wallet of the cryptocurrency?

Everything is working for my wallet. Also the wallet from the blockexplorer (https://www.blockexperts.com/ecc#) and the peers seem to work fine. Maybe you need to update the wallet or do a resync.

There has been an update that requires a minimum protocol version 60021. So if you have an older wallet with lower than 60021 then your wallet will be kicked out
prototip

Activity: 116
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 08:51:06 AM

The wallet stopped to sync with the network. A few months all was well, and three weeks ago, have been delayed. This is a problem of the developers or what?

Everything is working for my wallet. Also the wallet from the blockexplorer (https://www.blockexperts.com/ecc#) and the peers seem to work fine. Maybe you need to update the wallet or do a resync.

There has been an update that requires a minimum protocol version 60021. So if you have an older wallet with lower than 60021 then your wallet will be kicked out

And where to look for this update? So stupid with the wallet. To fix it just to sell all the coins and forget about the coin with these developers.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 10:21:40 AM

And where to look for this update? So stupid with the wallet. To fix it just to sell all the coins and forget about the coin with these developers.

Hmm, you look for the update like every other coin on the OP (1st Post in this Topic)

Windows under
ECC Wallet Download Links:

Linux @ https://github.com/Greg-Griffith/ECCoin

Cool

FYI:
You can dump if you wish, smarter move would be to only sell your stakes and use it for a Dogecoin miner , since you are into Doge.
RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 01:50:00 PM

So, what your saying is updates are stupid? But what you are not saying is that you did not read the forum nor did you run the wallet from time to time to keep it synced nor did you bother go to the OP for more information? I see, stupid, yes indeed...

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 03:56:22 PM

Hmm, you look for the update like every other coin on the OP (1st Post in this Topic)

Windows under
ECC Wallet Download Links:

Linux @ https://github.com/Greg-Griffith/ECCoin

Cool

FYI:
You can dump if you wish, smarter move would be to only sell your stakes and use it for a Dogecoin miner , since you are into Doge.

linux is actually on the OP as well. (as long as you are on a deb package machine and not a rpm)
*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 07:34:51 AM

How's going a CryptoBank development, dear Griffith?
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 08:24:04 PM

hmm.. i believe i had posted something about that a while back... but idk where it is and i dont wanna make u dig for it so this about sums up what i said.

Until an alternative to the traditional chain storage that is more disk oriented as opposed to RAM is created then the concept of cryptobank, while it does work, is infeasible with practical application. The amount of memory needed for each chain just stacks and it uses the same memory resources as running all the wallets individually on your computer. Most of my attempts to correct this problem did not work out as i had hoped.

This is due to all chains being loaded and stored the same way and not being able to be condensed with each other since they have 0 to do with each other data wise.

I had come to the conclusion to actually make it work, i would need to rewrite a lot of the chain storage, loading, and handling code myself. I never actually attempted this on the cryptobank project itself. although i am writing my own blockchain that is different from bitcoins in my spare time that addresses a lot of the issues i feel bitcoin has but also does other things. (basically how ETH made their own blockchain but it was different from bitcoins).

so as for right now. it is on hold. i havent been working on it for the past few months. i had been thinking about revisiting it recently but i am also helping launch a different crypto-platform and was morely focusing on that right now
*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 04:38:24 PM

hmm.. i believe i had posted something about that a while back... but idk where it is and i dont wanna make u dig for it so this about sums up what i said.

Until an alternative to the traditional chain storage that is more disk oriented as opposed to RAM is created then the concept of cryptobank, while it does work, is infeasible with practical application. The amount of memory needed for each chain just stacks and it uses the same memory resources as running all the wallets individually on your computer. Most of my attempts to correct this problem did not work out as i had hoped.

This is due to all chains being loaded and stored the same way and not being able to be condensed with each other since they have 0 to do with each other data wise.

I had come to the conclusion to actually make it work, i would need to rewrite a lot of the chain storage, loading, and handling code myself. I never actually attempted this on the cryptobank project itself. although i am writing my own blockchain that is different from bitcoins in my spare time that addresses a lot of the issues i feel bitcoin has but also does other things. (basically how ETH made their own blockchain but it was different from bitcoins).

so as for right now. it is on hold. i havent been working on it for the past few months. i had been thinking about revisiting it recently but i am also helping launch a different crypto-platform and was morely focusing on that right now

Good. Thank you for sharing with us. I will wait for further news and HODL.
dirtyboots77

Activity: 255

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 01:55:10 AM

I've been way off the grid for a bit...is there anything new on MWC?
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 10:07:14 AM

I've been way off the grid for a bit...is there anything new on MWC?

nope. and this is no longer the thread for that coin. this thread is ECC only + other stuff that i make
RJF19

Activity: 420

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 07:32:07 PM

Might want to inform CoinMarketCap that they still have the old announcement thread linked for ECC...

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 12:35:30 AM

Cmon people, if you own ECC, stake please.

Great coin, great developer.

Support your own investment and keep the network strong.

@Griffith

Great work thus far!

couple questions:
1) Is Super still supported by CryptoBank Development? I see there is a new thread but not sure of the relation, if any, to CryptoBank Development.
2) Whats in store for 2017 for each of your projects and is there a timeline to reference?

Thanks,
john

Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 10:36:14 AM

Might want to inform CoinMarketCap that they still have the old announcement thread linked for ECC...

did not notice that. thank you. will do.

@Griffith

Great work thus far!

couple questions:
1) Is Super still supported by CryptoBank Development? I see there is a new thread but not sure of the relation, if any, to CryptoBank Development.
2) Whats in store for 2017 for each of your projects and is there a timeline to reference?

Thanks,
john

You are correct in observing that the super thread is completely unrelated. It is. im not sure what barry is doing with his new wallet chain swap thing. That community opted to do a coin swap to get a smaller chain instead of fixing the chain that is already there at which point i backed out of offering to work on a fix since i HATE coin swaps when they are not necessary. so until that dust settles any service i provide will not include super.

Incase people havent noticed, i have actually backed out of all voluntary coin dev that isnt ecc (since i need a coin to put my new ideas in =p ) any updates you see me making to other coins are "Dev for hire" updates. I had actually considered making a coin (since ECC was not mine from launch, it too was a takeover since at the time i had 0 experience with coins so starting one myself would have been a disaster) but for now that thought is on hold.

I will go around and clean up some of the thread posts / info on external coin services though. so i will be messaging people about such stuff soon (within the next few days).

as for a timeline.... you are right. i dont have one posted.

i had said at some point that i was redoing the website i use since the-node.net was just something i had thrown together and never really finished (i didnt like my overall concept at all). That redoing of the website is actually almost done. just have some ssl cert stuff to do tomorrow and will put up a beta before new years.

back to the point though... i could just post a text timeline and leave it at that. but most people like a visual or graphic of some sort. i will contact my graphic designer to make one for me. until that is done i will edit the second post to put a text time line tomorow afternoon. (will post again when that is up). Now im not sure if you are inquiring about a timeline of ECC development or my overall project development schedule so i will make some notes towards both in that post. As you can see most of the recent ECC updates were just kind of an all of a sudden "OH HEY lets add this" kind of deal. will still be doing that but will be a bit more structured and announced in the future.

With that being said ECC has about 4.4 billion more coins to mint to hit 25 billion. was considering pushing an update to actually lower that number to 21 billion. (unless the additional code math turns out to be a pain). Thoughts on that anyone?

CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 06:49:22 PM

Thanks for the reply  Smiley

Too bad about Super. It seems the features not fully implemented from the original dev should be the primary focus vs a swap but i'm no expert.

In regards to ECC. Its always a balance between rewards and total coin count. The POS rewards are nice and might be a good place to start a reduction but as I type this I have zero connections so obviously we have an issue already with community staking  Undecided

ECC is a great project with a very marketable name(E Commerce Coin).

Thanks for your work thus far Griffith, I look forward to future developments and updates.

thanks,
john
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 09:54:26 PM

Thanks for the reply  Smiley

Too bad about Super. It seems the features not fully implemented from the original dev should be the primary focus vs a swap but i'm no expert.

In regards to ECC. Its always a balance between rewards and total coin count. The POS rewards are nice and might be a good place to start a reduction but as I type this I have zero connections so obviously we have an issue already with community staking  Undecided

ECC is a great project with a very marketable name(E Commerce Coin).

Thanks for your work thus far Griffith, I look forward to future developments and updates.

thanks,
john

Turns out my dns server went down for my nodes so they werent resolving to give you an initial connection until about 30 minutes ago. so that was a mistake. i am working on putting up some additional 24/7 nodes.

normally there are between 7-12 connections on the nodes i host
logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2016, 10:11:26 PM

@Griffith

Great work thus far!

couple questions:

Thanks,
john

Yes yes it has never been greater than now. The question is why would people stake and show support to ur accomplishments when I seed doubts about the gloomy future being that this coin is not prone to success and wont have glory times. Sure people will listen to me.

Cryptobank might close in january (monero pump will expel numerous companies from their places). And not only companies. All alts will fall. Not sure maybe somebody has encouraging prognosis for this coin for the next year. I would not expect this coin will last more than a months.

Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 01:05:48 AM

@Griffith

Great work thus far!

couple questions:

Thanks,
john

Yes yes it has never been greater than now. The question is why would people stake and show support to ur accomplishments when I seed doubts about the gloomy future being that this coin is not prone to success and wont have glory times. Sure people will listen to me.

Cryptobank might close in january (monero pump will expel numerous companies from their places). And not only companies. All alts will fall. Not sure maybe somebody has encouraging prognosis for this coin for the next year. I would not expect this coin will last more than a months.

you know this coin is like 2.5 years old right? also monero is just a bunch of bot nets. and cryptobank is an application i wrote. im super confused by your post in general
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 08:34:53 AM

I did update the second post with a roadmap of sorts. i cant fill in most of the details since they havent been decided yet but for now thats what i got. feel free to ask questions.

i did message coinmarketcap as well
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 01:13:52 PM

With that being said ECC has about 4.4 billion more coins to mint to hit 25 billion. was considering pushing an update to actually lower that number to 21 billion. (unless the additional code math turns out to be a pain). Thoughts on that anyone?

After some recent studies into inflation , I whole hearty agree with dropping to 21 Billion ,
The sooner that quantity stops increasing the sooner the price per coin will begin to rise.  Smiley
Good Call on your part.

Cool
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 06:20:48 PM

After some recent studies into inflation , I whole hearty agree with dropping to 21 Billion ,
The sooner that quantity stops increasing the sooner the price per coin will begin to rise.  Smiley
Good Call on your part.

Cool

i can say from experience, any study of inflation in the non-crypto world has almost no application to crypto inflation/prices. just purely due to the way the market works.

the reason why i wanted to cap it at 21 now is because i want it to completely mine out
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 151 »
  Print  

Jump to: