Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:50:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 151 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ECC  (Read 259316 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 09:03:58 AM

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all the support you have shown so far. Everyone on the CryptoUnited team appreciates it.  I just want to make a quick post so everyone knows what to expect in the next week and a general outline of the next month or two.

A lot of people are asking for more questions about the coin, how it works, and what can be expected in the future and I haven't been able to exactly point them anywhere. I do take responsibility for not having all of the proper resources for people to do their research on the coin up quite yet. To be honest, I didn't think the popularity would jump up so fast after the wallet release and thought I would still have a few quieter days to push out some technical papers and roadmap related materials while people slowly took notice.

So I would like to outline what the team is working on over the next week.

I will be working with our other web dev to push out the next set of updates to the website that includes reorganizing the coin page and including a few pages about the parts of the E-Currency Coin project. The pages on the different parts of the project will include information about the technology going into the coin, the network it runs on, and our mini projects that we are working on to go with the coin. We have also gotten a lot of positive feedback about the 10 videos that are out so far and would like to continue to expand our video library so our designers will be working on making more videos and other media for our youtube channel. Our marketing person who is running the twitter will continue to do marketing. A community member has volunteered to get us started on an electron wallet GUI alternative that will be available for ECC in the future. Instead of having the same old gui in the wallet that other coins have had for so long we are going to be building a better cross platform gui that will run on top of electron which is the same software that was used to make Slack.

The number updates to the actual coin code itself will actually be slowing down a bit over the next week while we work on catching up on all the other content.

Just as important as the coin, is the community that surrounds it.

A lot of you are new to the cryptocurrency scene and blockchain technology in general and at CryptoUnited we feel that it is not only important to make a superior product to our altcoin competitors but also teach the community about the product and technology so that it is better understood what is actually going on and why it is important. I personally feel, as a long time member of it, that the bitcoin community has recently suffered a rather large disconnect between the people actually working on the coin and the people using it. As I see new people getting into blockchain tech I notice that they are starting to struggle to understand what makes blockchain so special. Partly because no one is willing to help or teach the new people anymore and partly because the number of scams going on is climbing rapidly. As a member of the ECC community, if you have a question or don't understand how or why something works, dont be afraid to message a CU member and ask. We will try our best to either explain it to you or point you to a reliable resource that will explain what is going on and expand your understanding of how this all works.

-Griffith

note: if you find a bug or see something that has an error that should be fixed please PM me and i will address the issue as soon as i can
talkingdreams

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 09:56:00 AM

You said the previous owner premined 500m, how can we be sure that he cannot access this wallet anymore? Or that this is just a simple pump and dump?
huige007

Activity: 887
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 09:58:31 AM

E-CurrencyCoin  让更多中国人认识,努力推广ECC ,QQ群一起交流 319748986 欢迎新加入朋友 每人 赠送10000个ECC Smiley Smiley Smiley
E-currencycoin lets more Chinese people know, try to promote the ECC, QQ group to communicate 319748986 and welcome new friends to give away 10,000 ECC Smiley Smiley Smiley
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:11:07 AM

You said the previous owner premined 500m, how can we be sure that he cannot access this wallet anymore? Or that this is just a simple pump and dump?

hmmm...are you serious with your question?
talkingdreams

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:19:14 AM

Yes. As he said on his main post "Premine: 500 million coins to original dev (Not me)". I would like to know if the old dev can still access his wallet.

And with the pump and dump I mean the old dev dumping all of his coins on the market crashing the price.
chronik

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:19:28 AM

Great stuff! Keep up the awesome work!

I think there were few comments re: logo re-design.

Ive been a designer for the past 12+ years and willing to help out if you are looking for help with the re-design of the logo

It would definitely help towards having a professional presence socially as well as when ECC get listed on the bigger exchanges

let me know if you need help

thanks

Grin
mdtspain
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:21:51 AM

Yes. As he said on his main post "Premine: 500 million coins to original dev (Not me)". I would like to know if the old dev can still access his wallet.

I personally think (but I can't be sure) that he sold his premise in april,2014 on the Mintpal Exchange.
mdtspain
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:23:51 AM

Great stuff! Keep up the awesome work!

I think there were few comments re: logo re-design.

Ive been a designer for the past 12+ years and willing to help out if you are looking for help with the re-design of the logo

It would definitely help towards having a professional presence socially as well as when ECC get listed on the bigger exchanges

let me know if you need help

thanks

Grin

Griffith will be awake in about 8 hrs from now and then of to work. I am sure he will give you a response later on.
talkingdreams

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:24:43 AM

I personally think (but I can't be sure) that he sold his premise in april,2014 on the Mintpal Exchange.

Ok thank you, that also answered my other question.

This question was not to be rude to Griffith but just a concern I had. Wink
Voitech

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:40:24 AM

Hello,

How fast will increase coin in wallet, when it will be saved and holded ? How this mechanism work?
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 10:44:30 AM

And with the pump and dump I mean the old dev dumping all of his coins on the market crashing the price.

1.  You can never be sure what happened to the amount mined early.

2.  The amount of 500m is relatively modest compared to total supply.

3.  The original dev understood the distributon is critical, and I believe he sold a lot. see posts around this time  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=503236.msg6407501#msg6407501

4.  Amounts for sale don't crash prices, contrary to popular belief. Something else will crash the price. Nobody knows what, nobody knows when.

Roy_Watchdog

Activity: 13

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 11:57:44 AM

I would highly recommend Cryptopia there listing fee isn't that expensive and they are awesome. Yobit is very liquid also and so is C-CEX. The more exchanges the faster the price will go up.
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 11:58:49 AM

So, after upgrading to the new windows wallet, all my coins (50mm) show to be immature, nothing in the "Available" or "Pending" columns, all 50 million in the Immature. What's up with that?

Update: Restarted the wallet, now I have no coins, all gone.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
McDoge

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 12:05:09 PM

Please add custom data directory options in the gui for wallet install on next rev.

Thanks!
n1que

Activity: 197
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 12:27:25 PM

So, after upgrading to the new windows wallet, all my coins (50mm) show to be immature, nothing in the "Available" or "Pending" columns, all 50 million in the Immature. What's up with that?

Perhaps this is the answer of your question:

Hi everyone,

With the massive update released last night there was bound to be a bug somewhere. 11,000 updated lines of code is hard to review effectively in one weekend. It turns out there was a staking bug. There is a typo that prevents the wallet from staking. It was found and fixed this morning. However upon staking, the wallet showed all staking transactions as 0's in the gui and it looked like coins had randomly disappeared when they had not. I checked the chain itself and the staking is fine. So this was only a display error. To prevent a panic with people thinking that their coins had disappeared, i wont release the staking patch until i get home tonight and can fix the gui display issue.

Everything else in the new wallet does work. Sending and receving coins does work fine.

I have removed the new wallets temporarily until a fix comes out tonight. OSX wallets will also be out tonight with the fix.

Sorry about this hiccup in the coins development.

-Griffith

Please add custom data directory options in the gui for wallet install on next rev.

Thanks!

you can create a *.bat file (if you are on windows) like this:
Code:
start /b eccoin.exe -datadir=YOUR_DESIRED_DIRECTORY_PATH

replace eccoin.exe with whatever executable that match your machine OS (64 or 32 bit).
hope that help.
R-J-F

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:11:02 PM

Hi everyone,

With the massive update released last night there was bound to be a bug somewhere. 11,000 updated lines of code is hard to review effectively in one weekend. It turns out there was a staking bug. There is a typo that prevents the wallet from staking. It was found and fixed this morning. However upon staking, the wallet showed all staking transactions as 0's in the gui and it looked like coins had randomly disappeared when they had not. I checked the chain itself and the staking is fine. So this was only a display error. To prevent a panic with people thinking that their coins had disappeared, i wont release the staking patch until i get home tonight and can fix the gui display issue.

Everything else in the new wallet does work. Sending and receving coins does work fine.

I have removed the new wallets temporarily until a fix comes out tonight. OSX wallets will also be out tonight with the fix.

-Griffith

Yes, could be. I'll wait for the new version before I panic!   Grin

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
McDoge

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:13:25 PM

Hi everyone,

-Griffith

Thanks!

Code:

replace eccoin.exe with whatever executable that match your machine OS (64 or 32 bit).
hope that help.

Thanks for that!  Do I need to use the batch file every time I activate the wallet?
n1que

Activity: 197
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:20:05 PM

Thanks for that!  Do I need to use the batch file every time I activate the wallet?

yes, just double-click the *.bat file and the wallet data directory would go to your desired folder.
i use this approach for every wallet that have no option for setting data directory.
R-J-F

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:20:27 PM

Hi everyone,

-Griffith

Thanks!

Code:

hope that help.

A batch file will do what you want but in a rather inelegant way. Just add the directory info to the shortcut. Check it out here: https://superuser.com/questions/29569/how-to-add-command-line-options-to-shortcut  This is for XP but it works in all versions of Windows.

jaipagare01

Activity: 123

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:58:27 PM

Need Help Here.

I have old wallet of ECC and was not aware, there was new direction in development in other way. What am I suppose to do now?

Should I download new wallet and restore old wallet into new?
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 151 »
  Print  

Jump to: