Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:57:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ECC  (Read 259316 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Aquazi

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:29:33 PM

Being cheaply priced won't help the coin long term, apart from the low price I haven't seen anything about this coin that would make it a worthy long term investment. I've seen other cheap coins that at least had something that made them stand out but with ECC I see nothing special so far.

Says the guy with 3 posts who registered on June 8   Grin Grin Grin

Why don't you browse this thread and find out why it has such strong interest & potential?

Yet you have absolutely nothing to counter his point.

Everybody comes here and makes the question: what's good about this coin.

Nobody has a single fuckin answer, not one, just "great developer".

What did the developer do?

Write one post in very poor english where he doesn't even specify where's ECC heading.

Do you even guys understand how comparable services work? Like Sia?

The fact that this coint is worth 1-100-1000-1000000 satoshis is close to meaningless to anybody apart the investor.

The real case use is a renter that says "what is the best storage I can use, how much I'm gonna pay for the bandwidth, how much I'm gonna pay for the storage, ecc, ecc"?

If you go on siahub:

http://siahub.info/

You can see the prices for hosting files on a much more mature network and a much more developed coin.

The price of sia is absolutely meaningless as well to anybody by the investors.

It's the hosts that set the prices, collateral and bandwidth. Sia can double the price, it doesn't matter, hosts will compete by lowering the fees.

You guys here provide no information, no value to the discussion, you have absolutely no argument to explain why this coin's good at all.

99 % you bought at the peak and now are desperately trying to motivate people to bail you out.

Meanwhile there's absolutely no discussion on the technology that ECC provides or how it distinguishes from other similar coins like storj or sia.

Great developer? Who is he? Name? What are his credentials. More serious coins have entire development teams, roadmaps, here? I can see nothing. There is barely a functioning wallet.

Keep begging everywhere (where you the guy on the trollbox slack trying to pump ecc?) so people buy it.

Come at me next month and say that ECC doubled it's value, you'll still miss all of my previous points. Wish you at least to make some money with it. Bye.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raoulsergia

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:34:40 PM

Being cheaply priced won't help the coin long term, apart from the low price I haven't seen anything about this coin that would make it a worthy long term investment. I've seen other cheap coins that at least had something that made them stand out but with ECC I see nothing special so far.

Why don't you browse this thread and find out why it has such strong interest & potential?
Grin Grin Grin Grin

obv if he has more to "invest " he will invest in bitcoin or other coin

but guess his balance is down to 10 satoshi so he got 0.5 ecc and now making sound  Grin

heytoday

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 07:47:56 PM

Roadmap

https://i.imgur.com/RIrTctv.jpg

Coin Core Upgrade
This is currently being worked on. There is a release planned for the 10th -12th of June. It will consist of a large code base and gui update to the wallet including a large code refactor, messaging upgrade, gui updates, added functionality to enable the future node differentiation to the project, and a few other minor technical things/bug fixes.

File Storage:
file storage using blockchain will be implemented so users can store encrypted files using the chain and retrieve them when desired. this will cost ECC to do. your files will not be able to be viewed by other people unless you provide them with your key or send the file to their key. Anyone will be able to run a node with storage server enabled as long as you have enough free hard drive space to store other users files. When a user stores files, they will be broken up and stored on multiple nodes so that the file is still retrievable if one of the nodes is offline. in order to run a storage node you MUST be able to accept incoming connections from peers. if you get peer info and notice that none of the connections are inbound then you might need to adjust firewall/router settings.

Messaging/Email on the blockchain
This will be added after file storage. some sort of naming system will probably be implemented to make this easier, but the details of how messaging will work are not yet ironed out.

Mobile Wallets
after messaging and email

Merchant Integration to accept ECC for products and services
after mobile wallets

Is there something wrong with the wallet? I transferred my ECC from CoinExchange almost 24 hours ago and haven't received anything.
CJ_900

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 07:48:05 PM

Write one post in very poor english where he doesn't even specify where's ECC heading.

The fact that this coint is worth 1-100-1000-1000000 satoshis is close to meaningless to anybody apart the investor.

The real case use is a renter that says "what is the best storage I can use, how much I'm gonna pay for the bandwidth, how much I'm gonna pay for the storage, ecc, ecc"?

If you go on siahub:

You can see the prices for hosting files on a much more mature network and a much more developed coin.

It's the hosts that set the prices, collateral and bandwidth. Sia can double the price, it doesn't matter, hosts will compete by lowering the fees.

You guys here provide no information, no value to the discussion, you have absolutely no argument to explain why this coin's good at all.

99 % you bought at the peak and now are desperately trying to motivate people to bail you out.

Meanwhile there's absolutely no discussion on the technology that ECC provides or how it distinguishes from other similar coins like storj or sia.

Great developer? Who is he? Name? What are his credentials. More serious coins have entire development teams, roadmaps, here? I can see nothing. There is barely a functioning wallet.

Keep begging everywhere (where you the guy on the trollbox slack trying to pump ecc?) so people buy it.

Come at me next month and say that ECC doubled it's value, you'll still miss all of my previous points. Wish you at least to make some money with it. Bye.

Thank you, I asked a simple question and the calvary came out in full force and still up to now no one has an answer.
anotherlateminer
Legendary

Activity: 1411
Merit: 1003

Bagholder. Hodling shit since 2014

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 07:51:55 PM

V2.4.7.5
The balance of the wallet is not correct, the coin is lost, how do you find it???
If you wallet shows incorrect balance, try to run it with -rescan key, it should help.
saxman717

Activity: 137

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 07:59:35 PM

I've withdrawn a significant amount to CoinExchange.io ---- in the past, it has shown up within 30 minutes to 1 hour.  This transaction shows as confirmed in my wallet, but CoinExchange.io has not received anything ~2 hours later.

What could  be happening??? 
huige007

Activity: 887
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:01:40 PM

I've withdrawn a significant amount to CoinExchange.io ---- in the past, it has shown up within 30 minutes to 1 hour.  This transaction shows as confirmed in my wallet, but CoinExchange.io has not received anything ~2 hours later.

Now A wallet sends COINS to B wallet, which is confirmed. Twenty minutes later, the purse didn't show the coin.
saxman717

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:04:26 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2017, 08:27:09 PM by saxman717

I've withdrawn a significant amount to CoinExchange.io ---- in the past, it has shown up within 30 minutes to 1 hour.  This transaction shows as confirmed in my wallet, but CoinExchange.io has not received anything ~2 hours later.

What could  be happening???  
Now A wallet sends COINS to B wallet, which is confirmed. Twenty minutes later, the purse didn't show the coin.

Yes, this is the problem ----- what could cause this?  It's a significant amount of coins floating out there and not available on the exchange or in my wallet for staking......

EDIT:  The most likely problem is that apparently the CoinExchange ECC wallet is under maintenance.  The issue is on the CoinExchange end and should be resolved soon.
altay76

Activity: 206
Merit: 26

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:24:56 PM

Why do you trust ecc ?
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:26:41 PM

Not sure but, I sent a good amount there as a test and they were received in less than a minute. Then sent them back to my wallet, same thing, less than a minute so, all else being equal, the system, the exchange and the wallet work.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
R-J-F

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:28:36 PM

Why do you trust ecc ?

Because the Dev is Greg Griffith who has been around for a while and has worked on other coins and has proven himself trustworthy.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
saxman717

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:37:10 PM

Not sure but, I sent a good amount there as a test and they were received in less than a minute. Then sent them back to my wallet, same thing, less than a minute so, all else being equal, the system, the exchange and the wallet work.

Did you do that just now?  The ECC wallet on CoinExchange is currently under maintenance.
El marinero

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 09:07:57 PM

If you go on siahub:

Thank you, I asked a simple question and the calvary came out in full force and still up to now no one has an answer.

All coins are the same, just need to send data secure from point a to point b, all the flowers and whistles are just a dress up, but as somebody said,I do not see the point of your comments, if you do not like to risk it to a new venture, well, cowards have not made this world move so far, so if you do not like this project and you do not support, stop trolling, or perhaps are you the fail developer of another project that puke envy over others possible success?
R-J-F

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 09:09:03 PM

I've withdrawn a significant amount to CoinExchange.io ---- in the past, it has shown up within 30 minutes to 1 hour.  This transaction shows as confirmed in my wallet, but CoinExchange.io has not received anything ~2 hours later.

What could  be happening???  

Did you do that just now?  The ECC wallet on CoinExchange is currently under maintenance.

Nah, that was last night but it explains why there is a problem now. Did you hit up their tech support?

heytoday

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 09:12:24 PM

The wallet isn't doing anything. It says it is 15 hours behind for over 6 hours now. "Connecting to peers" and I see no movement . A little red dot on the bottom right says 1 connection. It seems like it just stopped connecting. What can I do to fix this? It says progress is 100%, but it's "calculating" both the progress increase per hour and the estimated time left until synced
altay76

Activity: 206
Merit: 26

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 09:40:44 PM

Ecc does not have any social media website does not exist in very bad stock markets
R-J-F

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 09:47:07 PM

The wallet isn't doing anything. It says it is 15 hours behind for over 6 hours now. "Connecting to peers" and I see no movement . A little red dot on the bottom right says 1 connection. It seems like it just stopped connecting. What can I do to fix this? It says progress is 100%, but it's "calculating" both the progress increase per hour and the estimated time left until synced

Sounds like you need to update your peer list. I'll let Griffith explain.

Sonatix

Activity: 118

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 09:51:55 PM

Hello guys.
I have old wallet.dat with old version of the wallet 2.3.0 (2015 year).  Can i still migrate to new wallet? Or for now i can just forget about my eccoins?

WEX.NZ yкpaл y мeня нa 0.5 BTC
saxman717

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 09:56:20 PM

Griffith -- -as a near-term goal, could you please tighten up the wallet to make it more stable and hands-off?  I don't want to have to close and re-open the wallet or re-scan in order to see accurate totals or pending/completed coins or to get new stakes. 

Right now, stakes usually don't show up unless I close and re-open the wallet periodically.  Also, I still have many stakes that have not minted.  This should not take so long to confirm and be added to the wallet.

For long-term success, the wallet functionality needs to be tightened up soon, IMO.
sanduz

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 10:16:56 PM

The wallet dont sync, nor from a backup boot strap, nor from Zero, but I have 6 conections, before that, the coins dont display correctly in any case (backup wallet, rescan, etc.). Please fix, this wallet, works well until the last 3 updates.
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »
  Print  

Jump to: