Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 04:07:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ECC  (Read 259318 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 09:22:07 PM

Trying to compile the GUI wallet but it keeps giving errors for raspberry pi.

Code:
Makefile:1090: recipe for target 'build/node.o' failed
make: *** [build/node.o] Error 1

Makefile:1053: recipe for target 'build/txdb-leveldb.o' failed
make: *** [build/txdb-leveldb.o] Error 1

makefile.unix:196: recipe for target 'build/checkpoints.o' failed
make: *** [build/checkpoints.o] Error 1

1. Cloned the ECCoin github, cloned the Ecc-Qt-Gui github.
2. Dragged the QT and eccoin-qt.pro to the ECCoin map.
3. Open ECCoin folder
4. qmake eccoin-qt.pro
5. make -j 3
6. Then you get the compiling error.

What am I doing wrong?

yes. both the qt and electron guis are completely disconnected from anything right now. electron should be done tomorrow night. QT is disabled completely right now which is why i moved it out of the coins repo. if you are on a pi, use the command makefile.unix in the eccoin repo to compile a daemon
thehallmonitor

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 09:23:33 PM

im using latest wallet, i added a huge list of nodes suggested by Griffith. Man this wallet is not working. There are no peers. Very annoying. Kindly help out if you can !

ya with the bootstrap, kiklo snapshot and about 8 hours of catching up, i'm finally synced and my deposit came through. it just takes a while and i had 3-4 peers connected max... usually only 3.
the wallet does need a bit of work, and maybe a FAQ or SOME kind of instructions in one easy place, but with the help of some cats in here i got it sorted. just deposited all my coin off from CE.

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder97/500x/60299097/futurama-fry-now-we-play-the-waiting-game.jpg

new wallet i just published should address some of the connection issues. people are finding its more like 7-8 peers instead of 2-3 now

but yes. i am working on making the wallet a lot easier to use. this is essential for growth and gaining new members in the community

cool! really appreciate your transparency and interaction here and in the trollbox!
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 11:05:33 PM

Ok, ive said it quite a few times already but here it is once more =p

there will be a whole new UI released for the wallet this weekend that will make it a lot easier to use. so be patient on that, we are working on it. it will also make it possible for us to update OSX agian.

CoinExchange is under maintenance because they are currently upgrading their wallet to v0.2.5.0 so there is no need to worry about that.

and yes, mac is the operating system that is having most of the problems right now. we know. but right now there is no way to update OSX (dev environment got corrupted and appple is doing everything it can to prevent us from fixing it) so that makes it really hard to fix the wallets for them. the new wallet UI this weekend will fix a lot of the issues people are having

I am normally more than happy to help people fix their issues. but most of the issues will be fixable from a button click or two once the new UI is finished. so im just gunna have to ask everyone to sit tight on that for a little bit

-Griffith

That's fantastic news --- thank you for all of the hard work and dedication.  Looking forward to seeing the upcoming new UI

it is being designed so that if you need help, you click on the help tab. and find your problem. and it has a button to fix it

Hi Griffith, since you are the developer do you mind telling me what makes this coin unique? Or what you plan to add to this coin to make it more competitive? I know file storage and messaging are planned but there are other coins that do this, just so you know I am not trolling I am genuinely curious.

This coin will travel the space, and will fly like superman, and will cook like my grand ma, and will make love like Stefania, and make the best ice cram free for all at the beach, and will swim across the ocean, and will make a single skin color to all humans, and will twerk better than Milley Cirus, and will do tatoo and tatoo removal the the same time no laser required, and jump like van helen, and will live forever, and your grand sons will buy a new tesla car with only 5 of it

Don't forget foster World Peace, and create sustainable energy and development.  (We used to call this Ecology Coin, before it was Easy Clear Coin)
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 12:03:42 AM

Don't forget foster World Peace, and create sustainable energy and development.  (We used to call this Ecology Coin, before it was Easy Clear Coin)

it was ecology coin? i did not know that...
altay76

Activity: 206
Merit: 26

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 01:45:55 AM

It will be 50 st this week? I have never given confidence to me as an investor in the single stock market and the stock market is not reliable not as in 2014 may be lost in the middle
Lm13827

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 02:31:46 AM

there will be a whole new UI released for the wallet this weekend that will make it a lot easier to use. so be patient on that, we are working on it. it will also make it possible for us to update OSX agian.

CoinExchange is under maintenance because they are currently upgrading their wallet to v0.2.5.0 so there is no need to worry about that.

and yes, mac is the operating system that is having most of the problems right now. we know. but right now there is no way to update OSX (dev environment got corrupted and appple is doing everything it can to prevent us from fixing it) so that makes it really hard to fix the wallets for them. the new wallet UI this weekend will fix a lot of the issues people are having

I am normally more than happy to help people fix their issues. but most of the issues will be fixable from a button click or two once the new UI is finished. so im just gunna have to ask everyone to sit tight on that for a little bit

-Griffith

That's fantastic news --- thank you for all of the hard work and dedication.  Looking forward to seeing the upcoming new UI

it is being designed so that if you need help, you click on the help tab. and find your problem. and it has a button to fix it

Hi Griffith, since you are the developer do you mind telling me what makes this coin unique? Or what you plan to add to this coin to make it more competitive? I know file storage and messaging are planned but there are other coins that do this, just so you know I am not trolling I am genuinely curious.

This coin will travel the space, and will fly like superman, and will cook like my grand ma, and will make love like Stefania, and make the best ice cram free for all at the beach, and will swim across the ocean, and will make a single skin color to all humans, and will twerk better than Milley Cirus, and will do tatoo and tatoo removal the the same time no laser required, and jump like van helen, and will live forever, and your grand sons will buy a new tesla car with only 5 of it

So basically what your saying is that ECC is Chuck Norris disguised as a coim?! *scratches head* Makes complete freakin sense!  Cheesy
BarTeam

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

HGPUPC addicted!

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 03:51:31 AM

-Griffith

That's fantastic news --- thank you for all of the hard work and dedication.  Looking forward to seeing the upcoming new UI

Old times yes. Glad about Griffith progression. It would make a story already if people would care to read all the posts. Totally legit. Can't say the same about the guys that left ECC in first place... huge excuse, but no real passion.
altay76

Activity: 206
Merit: 26

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 03:58:12 AM

Will ecc be published Bitfinex ?
taaku

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:06:03 AM

website is down ..can not download wallet

BTC: 1DgUj6s1yRwauEb89mGn92ZfNqK8xwcZPP
renbit

Activity: 257

[insert trending meme] 人

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 07:37:50 AM

-Griffith

Old times yes. Glad about Griffith progression. It would make a story already if people would care to read all the posts. Totally legit. Can't say the same about the guys that left ECC in first place... huge excuse, but no real passion.
I can remember one time it being called Energy Conscious Coin, but one thing is for sure Griffith has done a sterling job as dev on this coin and repect is due.

Sonatix

Activity: 118

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:01:21 AM

Guys, i miss something - how i can migrate from my old wallet.dat to new wallet. When i install new wallet it says - Error loading wallet.dat. Wallet requires newer version, try running wallet with upgradewallet one time.
But how i cant upgrade if i cant start my wallet?

WEX.NZ yкpaл y мeня нa 0.5 BTC
raoulsergia

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:04:46 AM

i think best to wait for the new wallet upgrades

i think the old wallet designed by previous developers has many bugs which griffith tried to fix, but now he has started to build a wallet from starting so it should improve the features

Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:53:15 AM

Guys, i miss something - how i can migrate from my old wallet.dat to new wallet. When i install new wallet it says - Error loading wallet.dat. Wallet requires newer version, try running wallet with upgradewallet one time.
But how i cant upgrade if i cant start my wallet?

if you have downloaded v0.2.5.0 then add upgradewallet=20500 to your conf file and this will fix that issue

i think best to wait for the new wallet upgrades

i think the old wallet designed by previous developers has many bugs which griffith tried to fix, but now he has started to build a wallet from starting so it should improve the features

yes. i just finished making all the code changes needed to compile the wallet as a daemon that can be connected to our  new electron gui. the code i did today can be found on this branch

https://github.com/Greg-Griffith/ECCoin/tree/electron_gui_backend
mrbasty

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 10:46:11 AM

My wallet in OSX is (out of sync) since i downloaded it two days ago, what could i do ? I have the  last version.
patsi

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 12:39:10 PM

Having only 1 active connection on the latest update v0.2.5.0 64 bit windows 7. Any conf file for syncing faster?
BarTeam

Activity: 313

HGPUPC addicted!

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 12:51:32 PM

Having only 1 active connection on the latest update v0.2.5.0 64 bit windows 7. Any conf file for syncing faster?

https://www.coinexchange.io/network/peers/ECC
cryptohome

Activity: 183

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 01:25:45 PM

Hi ECC Hodlers,

newbie here...so don't be mean about this question...

I read the roadmap but it was not clear nor did it show the UVP (unique value proposition), for instance, how is ECC different from Storj or Sia?

Please anyone care to shed some light?  I am asking this question after investing in the coin after liquidating Sia - so probably a post-mortem question but a question I wanted to get answer from this thread...

thanks a bunch!

barean

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:01:09 PM

upgraded to 0.2.5.0 and synced (took a while) Now the problem is that stakes never get confirmed. What´s next? waiting?... Thanks.
Sonatix

Activity: 118

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 06:05:00 PM

Strange. My 2.5.0 x64 wallet stuck at 3 y 14 w behind with 2 active connections.
Used nodes from this source https://www.coinexchange.io/network/peers/ECC

WEX.NZ yкpaл y мeня нa 0.5 BTC
GLITCHSTA

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 06:44:01 PM

Strange. My 2.5.0 x64 wallet stuck at 3 y 14 w behind with 2 active connections.
Used nodes from this source https://www.coinexchange.io/network/peers/ECC

Ya mine wont sync either...I put my username and password for cryptounited in the conf, added the nodes from coinexchange, ran the wallet and it just sits there at syncing headers. It will connect to a 3rd node it seems but still no progress....safe to say the wallet just does not work at the moment?
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »
  Print  

Jump to: