Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:12:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I believe  (Read 1333 times)
yodark (OP)

Activity: 297
Merit: 264

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 12:45:41 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2015, 08:21:49 AM by yodark

I believe blockchain technology will create a profound change on our society.
I believe we are at a dawn of complete change on how people will exchange value over the internet. The internet consumer today is central to a hyper connected world where feedback is instant. Companies are directly in touch with their customers. Instant communication allows a brand to continuously be in contact with their customer. The Internet broke many boundaries of communication. With the internet, projects like Kickstarter have emerged where creators can communicate their ideas directly to potential customers. Blockchain technology allows creators not only to share real-time information with the market but also assets and ownership. We are moving in a world where products are designed by the market and benefit the market as well. We cut the traditional investor middle man.

I feel Bitcoin technology is so disruptive and beautiful that it needs to reach everyone’s hands. But I also believe the technology has to be simple and transparent to the end user. For it to reach the mainstream user, its story has to be told in simple words. This is the reason we designed our next game with beautiful illustrations that are an allegory of bitcoin and blockchain.

With the creation of my company EverdreamSoft, I gathered a talented team who share these same values. We created Moonga, a trading card game and our first game. Since its beginning in 2009 when the game was launched on the iPhone we felt strongly that the cards our players purchase has to truly belong to them. We have strived to bring the real trading card game experience to mobile. Moonga players are free to trade game items amongst each other. We’ve sold/distributed more than 4.5 million cards to this day. Some of our players are trading cards for real money (with amounts over $1000 for a card) even if it’s forbidden by our terms of service.

Many games like Hearthstone do not allow trades among players to ensure that each player buys cards only from Blizzard and not from each other. We believe if someone buys something, he has full ownership of it. These trivial liberties naturally lead us to explore blockchain technology.

What do you think about digital ownership in games ? Many thinks it's generating less revenue if people can share items they bought ?

But this is not all, since we strongly believe the game industry will change with the ability to do token sales People will be allowed to buy game premium currency in advance. As the premium currency is a Crypto asset (Counterparty), its value is linked to the game’s popularity. This way the more popular the game becomes, the more valuable are the assets. Players are rewarded when the game gets popular. Player are incentivized to talk about the game. Products are designed by the market and for the market. There is no longer a financial middle man. We want to pioneer the game industry and open the path to a new economical era.

I believe technology for mass adoption must be transparent. Technology has to be presented for the people’s benefit and not for the technology itself. In Indonesia, 36% people say they used Facebook but never used internet. I believe people don’t need to understand the complexities of how bitcoin and digital assets work. People just want to exchange and trade their assets in the cheapest and simplest manner. For this reason, I think it's important to  develop tools to make the bitcoin wallet complexity invisible and secure.

What do you think ?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
«««« SpellsOfGenesis.com  Collect Monsters and Cards on Blockchain  »Collect« »Trade« »Evolve« »Subscribe to beta now«»»»»
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 12:55:51 PM

I believe advertisements should go in the marketplace section.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 01:23:30 PM

no, this belongs to the project development section. I'm going to report it

edit: actually, I'm not even sure if this is a project.  Tongue
yodark (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 01:26:43 PM

Oh sorry ! As was not sure where to post  Wink
Hope the admin will put in on the right sub !

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
«««« SpellsOfGenesis.com  Collect Monsters and Cards on Blockchain  »Collect« »Trade« »Evolve« »Subscribe to beta now«»»»»
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 01:27:19 PM

This is awesome !

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 01:28:39 PM

Oh sorry ! As was not sure where to post  Wink
Hope the admin will put in on the right sub !

or you could just move it yourself. just search for "move topic". it's on the bottom of the page
hnin

Activity: 754
Merit: 510

EverdreamSoft Team

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 01:37:16 PM

The OP has an amazing vision of bringing blockchain to gaming!

Spells of Genesis is a long-running project by Swiss-based company EverdreamSoft. There will be a Token Sale in June on Koinify.

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 01:59:27 PM

The OP has an amazing vision of bringing blockchain to gaming!

Spells of Genesis is a long-running project by Swiss-based company EverdreamSoft. There will be a Token Sale in June on Koinify.

don't get me wrong, I kinda like the concept of this game and it looks pretty cool too, I just don't think it belongs in bitcoin discusssion.  Wink
9kv

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

Learning

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 01:59:48 PM

Cool project. I love hearing about stuff like this.
yodark (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 02:21:22 PM

don't get me wrong, I kinda like the concept of this game and it looks pretty cool too, I just don't think it belongs in bitcoin discusssion

I just discussed and thought about the right place. This post is talking about what we are doing of course (a project) but this thread is more about my vision and why I'm making it. It's meant also to open the discussion about digital asset in gaming.
So I think it's not a bad place for it. But I let this in the hand of the mod to decide where it belongs to.

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 02:24:45 PM

So I think it's not a bad place for it. But I let this in the hand of the mod to decide where it belongs to.
Bye honey, better luck with your next "Bitcoin" thread.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 04:47:12 PM

The idea is amazing, tbh. But the elements of a card game are rather unrelated to what the message wants to convey. Idk if this is an advertisement to a new card game or something like that, but I think it is inappropriate to put this in this board.  Sad

manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 05:20:16 PM

It's a great idea that could make the card thing go trendy again. Kinda ironic that the first exchange ever (MT GOX) used to trade magic the gathering cards lol.
NyeFe

Activity: 699
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 06:57:13 PM

I believe you're absolutely correct.

MicroDApp.com—Smart Contract developers. Lets build a decentralized future!
yodark (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 08:11:44 PM

Amazing, I like the digital card games and the true ownerships of the cards is what has been missing, this will definitely be cool. Honestly I am downloading this app right now to try it out.

Plus I am gonna have to try any card game with a Satoshi card.

Great ! I suggest you play against CPU before starting to play against other player I can be frustrating when you start people are there since ages Smiley

For the blockchain card I will make an announcement soon. There will be blockchain cards givaways. On the announcement forum this time Wink

oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 09:17:36 PM

I have seen that card of Satoshi being posted before. As far as I know OP is using it without the original authors permission? or you did that card?
If it's not part of the project (not used commercially) i guess it doesnt matter.
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 05:07:18 AM

I believe this thread should be deleted.

The OP has another thread in this forum for the same subject.

It's a cool game, but there is no need for spam  Wink
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:20:39 AM

can you give a link to that thread? I think I saw one thread like this but it wasn't created by this OP.
I'm using my phone at the moment and I hate navigating with this thing.
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 08:01:49 AM

can you give a link to that thread? I think I saw one thread like this but it wasn't created by this OP.
I'm using my phone at the moment and I hate navigating with this thing.

Here you go: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=815206.0

Like I said it looks like a really cool game, but there is no need for spam.
yodark (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 08:12:00 AM

Yes sorry I was not meant for spam Smiley
This topic was intended for the general bitcoin forum. But it was moved here. It was more about my personal vision that presenting a particular product
 I'm editing it to be less product centric

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: