Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:44:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DASH Collapsing Monero UP  (Read 40364 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 09:51:40 PM

After learning that all my mined monero coins are practically unspendable because the pool paid me out in small amounts says alot about monero!

Its total crap if they cant design it to work with small amounts properly, never had this issue with BTC, NXT< NEM etc.

That problem was fixed almost two years ago.

It sucks that your coins got stuck in that manner but that's not an issue with the coin today.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 02:24:32 AM

After learning that all my mined monero coins are practically unspendable because the pool paid me out in small amounts says alot about monero!

Its total crap if they cant design it to work with small amounts properly, never had this issue with BTC, NXT< NEM etc.

That problem was fixed almost two years ago.

It sucks that your coins got stuck in that manner but that's not an issue with the coin today.

Thats good to know its been fixed, i was only told that the pools stopped making micro transactions to miners as a workaround.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
TechorMarketing

Activity: 174
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 03:36:18 AM

The timing of this DASH dump is peculiar with all the marketing activities currently happening in Miami.

Any feedback from people in attendance? Did the audience buy into the "DASH Evolution" vision or seem to reject it?
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2016, 09:04:41 PM

The timing of this DASH dump is peculiar with all the marketing activities currently happening in Miami.

Any feedback from people in attendance? Did the audience buy into the "DASH Evolution" vision or seem to reject it?

Here's the only feedback that matters:

Looks like the instamine beneficiaries took full advantage of the Evolution pump, just like the rebrand hype-and-crash cycle.

And/or the market is rejecting Evolution because it's just a roadmap.  People were expecting a unique new technology, not a heap of vaporware including lousy 'let's make yet another Sia/Storg/Maidsafe.'

DASH isn't well funded enough to do any of the Evolution projects well enough to beat specialized/well-funded competition in each category, yet alone do all of them.

Evolution is unicorns stacked on unicorns, all the way down.

It's easy for Evan to fool his largely self-deluding cheerleader and cultist bagholders.

Fooling the market for any extended period of time is a different story.

There will reversions to quality technological innovation, such as

https://github.com/ShenNoether/MiniNero/tree/master/brief (Ring Confidential Transactions).

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2016, 05:25:55 AM

DASH

Last Price

24hr Change
-12.43%

24hr High
24Hr Low

DASH CRASH right through 0.01 floor like it wasn't even there.

The market is screaming "we hate this Evolution roadmap of vaporware BS."

DASH must inflate by creating more coins to dump and pay for 1.5 years of EVOLUSHAM development and marketing BS like soda machine.

But the more Evan's MegaBlocks print and dump, the lower the price goes, so the more he must print/dump.

It's a vicious cycle.  Result: hyperinflation, DASH #R3KT.

DASH   Cry

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 05:22:59 PM

iCEBREAKER / Smooth / Riepietialian
we get it

come back with something spectacular
[you've got the base code / anon / not-ASIC]

Do something with it.  

You have lost the market capital battle (for now) ... regroup ... rethink ... hell you got some resources and capital ... don't waste it on whining ... just document the facts ... and move on!

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2016, 04:40:14 PM

At some point, even the True Believers of the Evan's Gate cult have to put down the Kool-aid and come out of the compound.

That point was almost two weeks ago!

There are entire, fully funded projects solely working on distributed storage. Then there are entire, fully funded projects working on social networking type applications. Then there are entire, fully funded projects working on API building.

Given that background, any self respecting investor is going to conclude that Dash has bitten off more than it can chew trying to do all this to a high technical standard with only 1 or 2 core developers. They will wonder where the efficiency gain is in development (i.e. what is it that those projects are doing that Dash doesn't need to do).

Dash  Cry

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
CoinEnthusiast

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 07:32:24 PM

At some point, even the True Believers of the Evan's Gate cult have to put down the Kool-aid and come out of the compound.

There are entire, fully funded projects solely working on distributed storage. Then there are entire, fully funded projects working on social networking type applications. Then there are entire, fully funded projects working on API building.

Given that background, any self respecting investor is going to conclude that Dash has bitten off more than it can chew trying to do all this to a high technical standard with only 1 or 2 core developers. They will wonder where the efficiency gain is in development (i.e. what is it that those projects are doing that Dash doesn't need to do).

Dash  Cry

Sooooo, how many site accept Monero as a currency?(not counting a real physical monero coin) Can you buy it at all with fiat outside using another coin? Some simple questions. Easy to find answers for Dash. Hell even the Dash site looks better. Maybe find another coin to compete with. Lets face it. Dash  has many unique features not seen in other coins, but monero was taken from an experimental coin(that should have never been used as a base) and took how long to even get a decent-ish wallet going? I don't intend by any means to start a troll war but I really do have to question who is drinking the kool-aid...

Edit: Just realized this had been going on for almost a year. Good predictions though. Wink
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2016, 07:41:51 PM

Dash  Cry

Sooooo, how many site accept Monero as a currency?(not counting a real physical monero coin) Can you buy it at all with fiat outside using another coin? Some simple questions. Easy to find answers for Dash. Hell even the Dash site looks better. Maybe find another coin to compete with. Lets face it. Dash  has many unique features not seen in other coins, but monero was taken from an experimental coin(that should have never been used as a base) and took how long to even get a decent-ish wallet going? I don't intend by any means to start a troll war but I really do have to question who is drinking the kool-aid...

Soooooo, how long does it take to mix using darksend? How many peer reviews has evolution had? Are there any plans to fix (replace) X11?

CoinEnthusiast

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 07:50:50 PM

Dash  Cry

Soooooo, how long does it take to mix using darksend? How many peer reviews has evolution had? Are there any plans to fix (replace) X11?

Really? You're gonna mention some bugs as an argument against higher adoption rate and more feasibility as a currency? I can go out today and buy products and services with Dash. What can Monero do? Oh right, buy me a physical Monero coin. Awesome, gonna get right on that one. But hey maybe i'll believe the year old hype that Dash is going to die tomorrow and buy Monero with it ok? Thanks for the great advice. Cheesy
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2016, 07:56:28 PM

Dash  Cry

Sooooo, how many site accept Monero as a currency?(not counting a real physical monero coin) Can you buy it at all with fiat outside using another coin? Some simple questions. Easy to find answers for Dash. Hell even the Dash site looks better. Maybe find another coin to compete with. Lets face it. Dash  has many unique features not seen in other coins, but monero was taken from an experimental coin(that should have never been used as a base) and took how long to even get a decent-ish wallet going? I don't intend by any means to start a troll war but I really do have to question who is drinking the kool-aid...

Really? You're gonna mention some bugs as an argument against higher adoption rate and more feasibility as a currency? I can go out today and buy products and services with Dash. What can Monero do? Oh right, buy me a physical Monero coin. Awesome, gonna get right on that one. But hey maybe i'll believe the year old hype that Dash is going to die tomorrow and buy Monero with it ok? Thanks for the great advice. Cheesy

X11 is more than a bug, but go on in your imaginary world of Dash mass acceptance. Last time I checked, I couldn't buy a happy meal with Dash. No one's there yet, so maybe I'll stick with a coin that doesn't take twenty hours to mix or have an algo with a fatal flaw--IE can't get there.

CoinEnthusiast

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 08:01:28 PM

Dash  Cry

Sooooo, how many site accept Monero as a currency?(not counting a real physical monero coin) Can you buy it at all with fiat outside using another coin? Some simple questions. Easy to find answers for Dash. Hell even the Dash site looks better. Maybe find another coin to compete with. Lets face it. Dash  has many unique features not seen in other coins, but monero was taken from an experimental coin(that should have never been used as a base) and took how long to even get a decent-ish wallet going? I don't intend by any means to start a troll war but I really do have to question who is drinking the kool-aid...

X11 is more than a bug, but go on in your imaginary world of Dash mass acceptance. Last time I checked, I couldn't buy a happy meal with Dash. No one's there yet, so maybe I'll stick with a coin that doesn't take twenty hours to mix or have an algo with a fatal flaw--IE can't get there.

In the time it took for that witty comment Dash has been used in good and services purchases. Monero has moved from one lucky persons hands to a sucker. I don't think I really need to justify this trolling anymore do I? Good game though. According to the monero lovers predictions Dash died a year ago. Sucks to be me.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2016, 08:09:31 PM

Dash  Cry

In the time it took for that witty comment Dash has been used in good and services purchases. Monero has moved from one lucky persons hands to a sucker. I don't think I really need to justify this trolling anymore do I? Good game though. According to the monero lovers predictions Dash died a year ago. Sucks to be me.

I'm guessing you are scared that the dash price can't stay above the .01 line, but I can buy plenty of things with Monero (like Peter Todd does) thanks to xmr.to and shapeshift and I can do so instantly and privately, unlike you die hard dashers who would rather pre-mix coins with a twenty plus hour mix in time than admit darksend is useless for the average person. I'm glad the Monero developers are making the tech work as advertised before marketing and official GUIs--rather than overpromising and under delivering like dash.

TechorMarketing

Activity: 174
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 08:13:46 PM

More proof of the brilliance from the DASH lead developer:

Anyone know where I could get historical price data for our market? I'm looking for an export of "open,close,high,low,price,volume", preferably in CSV

This question is even more ironic when combined with this:

I'm seeing all sorts of stuff happening in the charts all at once, which is a great sign when you see a bunch of bullish formations at once. This is how I used to day trade for my firm back in the day. The general idea here is you go from the shortest time period, then you walk out to the longest. If you see bullish or bearish signals in all of the charts at once, it's quite meaningful. Here's what I'm seeing:

On the really short term chart, there's a triple top:

Moving averages are crossing as we speak, so momentum is changing from negative to positive:

If you step out a bit, It looks like we're going to cross in a couple days, for a much more meaningful MA

If we break above 0.011, I believe this was a false breakdown

When trading, there's also a couple other things to consider:
- The order book on the buy side, which is quite nice.
- Then there's the fundamental side for the trade (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GACaNvBlwc, The budget system and governance system? Plus everything we're about to do)

Away, that was fun.... back to coding

technical analysis from a dev who cannot even figure out how to access historical price data.

LOL

REKT!
CoinEnthusiast

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 11:04:30 AM

Dash  Cry

I'm guessing you are scared that the dash price can't stay above the .01 line, but I can buy plenty of things with Monero (like Peter Todd does) thanks to xmr.to and shapeshift and I can do so instantly and privately, unlike you die hard dashers who would rather pre-mix coins with a twenty plus hour mix in time than admit darksend is useless for the average person. I'm glad the Monero developers are making the tech work as advertised before marketing and official GUIs--rather than overpromising and under delivering like dash.

You Monero trolls are as bad as the BTC doomsayers. I bought Dash a month ago at 0.085 but oh no it's dying!! Save me! Provide some relevant arguments and perhaps we can have in intellectual conversation if it's not too challenging. By the logic you use with Monero comparing it to Dash. If I use the same thought process Dash and BTC should have both been dead a long time ago. Guess the Euro, USD and the rest of the world currencies are gone too right? I've purchased BTC at 700 and 200. It's still there and still a currency. Currencies can best be judged by their feasibility of a number of factors. The first and foremost is ability to exchange for goods and services. The base of this thing called capitalism. Monero is more like a science experiement gone horribly wrong but noone has been kind enough to put the deranged beast out of it's misery.

Now if you want to have a decent conversation feel free to send me a PM. I'd rather not see my post count going up by getting into a troll war with people over invested interests. It's pointless and makes the whole crypto community look bad as a whole and I'm already ashamed with the part I have had in this already.
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 01:17:23 PM

When he wants privacy, Peter Todd knows how to determine whether to use Monero or snake oil. Smiley

Posted yesterday in bitcoincore slack channel.

iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 11:57:36 PM

As Dash fails in the struggle to keep its head above water at 0.01 BTC, Monero heads to the moon on record volume.

Of all XMR pairs, Dash is down the most.

This is Gentlemen.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 09:16:37 AM

Guys, the most Gentlemen thing of 2016 just happened. 

Monero just surpassed Dash on CoinGecko.  We just became the #6 global cryptocurrency! 

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 09:33:16 AM

seem like XMR is proving itself to be better than any other coins.
I've move some of my coins to monero as well, hope i can gain thru this and hope its value won't depreciates much.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 09:36:32 AM

seem like XMR is proving itself to be better than any other coins.
I've move some of my coins to monero as well, hope i can gain thru this and hope its value won't depreciates much.

I am not sure if Monero is better than other coins. They are just complimentary. They each have unique characteristics.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: