Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:05:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5630 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 5638 5639 5640 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 [5680] 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 5696 5697 5698 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 5720 5721 5722 5723 5724 5725 5726 5727 5728 5729 5730 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 07:40:25 AM

We have had a lot of interest in the Vender-Experience Budget Proposal.  We appreciate the constructive questions.  I have updated the proposal to add an FAQ to help everyone understand this proposal.  For more details or to vote, here are the links and voting command.
https://www.dashwhale.org/p/Vendor-Experience
https://dashtalk.org/threads/budget-proposal-vendor-experience-updated.7863/
dash-cli mnbudget vote-many 1cfc2525f33d8dee81640f6860fc85751acea552724ec58d6619f7fcee694ea1 yes
Thanks for the further clarification. I think many will be more positive to the proposal now after the explanations!
I agree. X-posted from DashTalk:

The clear point that needed to be made was that this endeavor is NOT a startup, and any benefits will be directly for Dash by having an increased vendor base.

It's true, Dash development should be three-pronged: Consumer Experience (Dev Team), PR / Marketing (Tungfa, Daniel), and Merchant Outreach (potentially Solarminer, Camo, and moocow).

This proposal makes a lot of sense, start giving people places to use their shiny new iPhone wallets. And once you start and merchants start seeing the benefits, it will snowball.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rentahash

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 07:58:21 AM

We have had a lot of interest in the Vender-Experience Budget Proposal.  We appreciate the constructive questions.  I have updated the proposal to add an FAQ to help everyone understand this proposal.  For more details or to vote, here are the links and voting command.
dash-cli mnbudget vote-many 1cfc2525f33d8dee81640f6860fc85751acea552724ec58d6619f7fcee694ea1 yes
Thanks for the further clarification. I think many will be more positive to the proposal now after the explanations!

I dont mind budgeting anything if community thinks that is good for developing of DASH ecosystem, and I can vote YES.

I am thinking more about initiatives from other developers/business entrepreneurs who can develop online shops, gaming, betting and gambling portals exclusively designed for DASH. If we provide services which can bring new level of comfort (instanTX and privaTX), I see very very bright future of expanding usage of DASH.
Like to be in that field more then asking budget from blockchain.

That said, would like to hear from dev team when issues I posted in earlier post could be resolved?
Dont know why nobody is pointing these issues, or maybe they dont see that is essential for usage.
On another hand DASHe is on long run and normally these issues will be solved, but we need to have as close as we can before DASHe is finally released...

I want to point few major issues why we are still not in production:

1. there is not a way to sendmanyIX
2. there is not a way to mix coins trough dash-cli
3. there should be a better way to get notification if transaction came trough IX or normal.

I know devs are busy but I think these issues could be fast resolved.

Long Live DASH!

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 08:21:23 AM

Dont know why nobody is pointing these issues, or maybe they dont see that is essential for usage.

On another hand DASHe is on long run and normally these issues will be solved, but we need to have as close as we can before DASHe is finally released...

3. there should be a better way to get notification if transaction came trough IX or normal.

4. Pre-mixing D-ash may take anywhere from hours to days, creating a terrible user experience, especially compared to the ~instant privacy of some competing coins.

These 4 major issues need to be addressed before Evan leaves on some quixotic quest to build his own BURST/SIA/STORJ/MAIDSAFE distributed file system (with soda and hookers).

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
rentahash

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 08:32:14 AM

4. Pre-mixing D-ash may take anywhere from hours to days, creating a terrible user experience, especially compared to the ~instant privacy of some competing coins.

These 4 major issues need to be addressed before Evan leaves on some quixotic quest to build his own BURST/SIA/STORJ/MAIDSAFE distributed file system (with soda and hookers).

you are not in dev team so please stick to your troll actions outside of my posts...
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 08:38:36 AM

We have had a lot of interest in the Vender-Experience Budget Proposal.  We appreciate the constructive questions.  I have updated the proposal to add an FAQ to help everyone understand this proposal.  For more details or to vote, here are the links and voting command.

I dont mind budgeting anything if community thinks that is good for developing of DASH ecosystem, and I can vote YES.

I am thinking more about initiatives from other developers/business entrepreneurs who can develop online shops, gaming, betting and gambling portals exclusively designed for DASH. If we provide services which can bring new level of comfort (instanTX and privaTX), I see very very bright future of expanding usage of DASH.

That said, would like to hear from dev team when issues I posted in earlier post could be resolved?

Long Live DASH!
For #1.  Don't know.

For #2, you mix coins by putting these items in your dash.conf before you start dashd.  The mixing is automatic.
darksendrounds=2
anonymizedashamount=100   

For #3.  We are working on instant detection. (Well, Moocowmoo is)  The instant detecting of an IX is not simple.  We still have a few bugs, but it is pretty close.
If you just want to see if a transaction is an IX or not from the command line use listtransactions and you will see confirmations=5 and bcconfirmation=0 when an IX is sent/received.  A non-IX will have both start at 0.
Or in the QT wallet, double click on the transaction and the first line will say this for an IX.
Status: 5/confirmed (verified via instantx), broadcast through 10 nodes
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 08:44:57 AM

you are not in dev team so please stick to your troll actions outside of my posts...

But he's invested and does make the odd relevant point - albeit couched in toxic rhetoric.

There are entire, fully funded projects solely working on distributed storage. Then there are entire, fully funded projects working on social networking type applications. Then there are entire, fully funded projects working on API building.

Given that background, any self respecting investor is going to conclude that Dash has bitten off more than it can chew trying to do all this to a high technical standard with only 1 or 2 core developers. They will wonder where the efficiency gain is in development (i.e. what is it that those projects are doing that Dash doesn't need to do).

I think the distinction needs to be fleshed out more to support confidence in that area.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 08:50:49 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2016, 09:07:40 AM by iCEBREAKER

There are entire, fully funded projects solely working on distributed storage. Then there are entire, fully funded projects working on social networking type applications. Then there are entire, fully funded projects working on API building.

Given that background, any self respecting investor is going to conclude that Dash has bitten off more than it can chew trying to do all this to a high technical standard with only 1 or 2 core developers. They will wonder where the efficiency gain is in development (i.e. what is it that those projects are doing that Dash doesn't need to do).

I think the distinction needs to be fleshed out more to support confidence in that area.

Thanks for understanding at least half of my point.

The other half is that D-ash still has outstanding issues (EG concrete-drying slow mixing, no SendMany, no masternode blinding, no grandpa-friendly family wallet, etc) that need fixing before Evan wanders off on some random hopeless quest to catch up to "fully funded projects solely working on distributed storage...social networking type applications...[and]...API building."

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
rentahash

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 08:52:26 AM

Long Live DASH!
For #1.  Don't know.

For #2, you mix coins by putting these items in your dash.conf before you start dashd.  The mixing is automatic.
darksendrounds=2
anonymizedashamount=100   

For #3.  We are working on instant detection. (Well, Moocowmoo is)  The instant detecting of an IX is not simple.  We still have a few bugs, but it is pretty close.
If you just want to see if a transaction is an IX or not from the command line use listtransactions and you will see confirmations=5 and bcconfirmation=0 when an IX is sent/received.  A non-IX will have both start at 0.
Or in the QT wallet, double click on the transaction and the first line will say this for an IX.

Thank you Solarminer for #2 we will test it, maybe that is good enough for the first version Smiley

For #3, yeah that is the very same how we are handling it, hope it will get improved Smiley

And #1 sendmanyIX would be great success if there is a way to make it soon Smiley

Thank you for fast reply!

Long Live DASH!

UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 09:31:24 AM

For #1.  Don't know.

darksendrounds=2
anonymizedashamount=100   

#1 I'll have a look

#2 to start mixing you also need
Code:
   -enabledarksend=<n>          Enable use of automated darksend for funds stored in this wallet (0-1, default: 0)

#3 yep, there is no specific notification but I guess you can use
Code:
  -walletnotify=<cmd>      Execute command when a wallet transaction changes (%s in cmd is replaced by TxID)
to get txid and then feed it into "gettransaction". Look for
Code:
            "  \"confirmations\" : n,     (numeric) The number of confirmations\n"
            "  \"bcconfirmations\" : n,   (numeric) The number of blockchain confirmations\n"
to get idea if that was IX or not.

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 10:14:19 AM

Wink
Solarminer

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 10:38:39 AM

Code:
   -enabledarksend=<n>          Enable use of automated darksend for funds stored in this wallet (0-1, default: 0)
That is only needed if you want to send mixed coins by default.  If you only want to mix, you don't need it.

If you have a password you will need to unlock your wallet for mixing.  1000000 is time in seconds.  The true indicates unlock for mixing only.

dash-cli walletpassphrase password 100000 true
S3cco

Activity: 2035
Merit: 528

❤ Bitcoin Garden

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 10:38:58 AM

Will Dash Market Capitalization be over $32M at the end of 1st half 2016? Yes or no? Dare to bet in Bitcoin?
https://www.betmoose.com/bet/dash-over-32m-market-cap-end-of-1st-half-2016-1517?ref=scacco

Hacker, Pirate, Milf Hunter, Owner of Bitcoin Garden
UdjinM6
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 10:46:05 AM

Code:
   -enabledarksend=<n>          Enable use of automated darksend for funds stored in this wallet (0-1, default: 0)
That is only needed if you want to send mixed coins by default.  If you only want to mix, you don't need it.
Nope, that's wrong  Roll Eyes
-enabledarksend is what you need to start mixing in daemon mode
"darksend <dashaddress> <amount>" is what you use in dash-cli to send mixed coins

Solarminer

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 10:52:32 AM

Code:
   -enabledarksend=<n>          Enable use of automated darksend for funds stored in this wallet (0-1, default: 0)
That is only needed if you want to send mixed coins by default.  If you only want to mix, you don't need it.
Nope, that's wrong  Roll Eyes
"darksend <dashaddress> <amount>" is what you use in dash-cli to send mixed coins
Ah...I have liquidityprovider=1.  Not the same function as it only mixes when others demand, but why I am mixing without the enabledarksend.
UdjinM6
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 11:09:29 AM

Code:
Ah...I have liquidityprovider=1.  Not the same function as it only mixes when others demand, but why I am mixing without the enabledarksend.
Yep, liquidityprovider > 0 forces enabledarksend=1 internally so you don't have to worry about it Smiley

rentahash

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 11:22:19 AM

Code:
Yep, liquidityprovider > 0 forces enabledarksend=1 internally so you don't have to worry about it Smiley

Thank you guys you really cleared me some things... will keep posted.

Long Live DASH!
rentahash

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 11:24:48 AM

#1 I'll have a look

It would be wonderful if you could make it Smiley

Thnx in advance Smiley

dazbarlby

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 12:24:00 PM

Long Live DASH!

I Like your DASHe = DASH to the power of Evolution :-)
rentahash

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 01:46:22 PM

Yeah i like it too Smiley
BiteMyShinyMetalAss

Activity: 617
Merit: 509

Crypto Card - https://platinum.crypto.com/r/28cz7d

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 01:57:44 PM

Would it not be easier to sign contract with bitpay to accept dash? Or offer them money to do the development as they have contacts, experience and 'infrastructure". Like Tresor did ?
Instead of financing the current budget agreement?

The best lending rates in 1 place www.21bitcoin.eu/interests
NEXO, CELSIUS, CDC and other tax reports www.21bitcoin.eu
Pages: « 1 ... 5630 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 5638 5639 5640 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 [5680] 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 5696 5697 5698 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 5720 5721 5722 5723 5724 5725 5726 5727 5728 5729 5730 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: