Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:54:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.info wallet on iOS - install it now!  (Read 6315 times)
ErebusBat

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 03:22:43 PM

hmmm, unable to download... Might be because i have the app from Cydia too, lol.
Interesting idea... I ran into the same issue.  I removed the Cydia package and then the iOS version installed without a hitch. 

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 06:25:59 PM

That is necessary for many things since Apple has designed the iOS system with large restrictions on what they can do compared with things like Android, Bada, Tizen, Meego. Those four are based on Linux, which is free and open software.
iOS is unix based too

mobile4ever

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 06:30:43 PM

That is necessary for many things since Apple has designed the iOS system with large restrictions on what they can do compared with things like Android, Bada, Tizen, Meego. Those four are based on Linux, which is free and open software.
iOS is unix based too

I said "Linux", you said "Unix".

http://unix.stackexchange.com/
ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 06:48:57 PM

Lets see how long the goodness will last:

http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=562

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 06:51:10 PM

Seems to me like a real Bitcoin wallet...that keeps the coins on the server, not on the phone. Not a Bitcoin client. Pretty cool.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 07:57:57 PM

We're both right Smiley

ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 08:44:51 PM

You guys should put your money where your mouth is and stop supporting Bitcoin blocking Apple. Buy some Bitcoin loving Android phone.
Except then I would have an android phone.

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 10:11:23 PM

You guys should put your money where your mouth is and stop supporting Bitcoin blocking Apple. Buy some Bitcoin loving Android phone.
+1

Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 10:18:41 PM

Wich would be a good thing actually

ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 12:12:55 AM

Not unless android has matured by orders of magnitude in the last year.

aq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 09:58:58 AM

Unfortunately in the head of those disciples the Apple religion is stronger than (Bitcoin) freedom.
ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 04:23:54 PM

Unfortunately in the head of those disciples the Apple religion is stronger than (Bitcoin) freedom.
So I can't have free choice and choose apple?  If I choose apple then I am a zelot?  The only true choice is android?  Doesn't sound much like free will to me.

aq

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 04:42:57 PM

So I can't have free choice and choose apple?  If I choose apple then I am a zelot?  The only true choice is android?  Doesn't sound much like free will to me.
No you got it wrong. If you choose apple, you also choose not to have a Bitcoin client. So you can choose between apple and Bitcoin. So don't complain once your choice was apple.

Apple and their walled garden system is the same as central banks and fiat. Looks great from a distance, has some (not so) hidden drawbacks. People got so used to fiat and to be governed by apple that they have a hard time to get into Bitcoin and free open source smartphones.
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 04:56:19 PM

No you got it wrong. If you choose apple, you also choose not to have a Bitcoin client. So you can choose between apple and Bitcoin. So don't complain once your choice was apple.
Or you choose to jailbreak your phone, or you choose to have a separate QR code reader, or you choose to build your app from source with xcode. I'm cool with that, and trust me, I do open source.

Now you like Android, good for you I respect your choice, I'll personnally pass for now thank you very much.

mobile4ever

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 04:59:53 PM

We're both right Smiley

Do Unix programs/apps run on Android or Meego? I really like Tizen also. Do Unix apps run on that one?
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 05:02:32 PM

You are free to choose

But if you choose a fail thing then other ppl will notice your choice and react based on that. Buying iphone is so much fail.

A Galaxy S3 with the latest version of android is so much much much better.

aq

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 05:10:52 PM

Or you choose to jailbreak your phone, or you choose to have a separate QR code reader, or you choose to build your app from source with xcode. I'm cool with that, and trust me, I do open source.
So your choice would be Windows with a MacOS theme instead of MacOS?

Now you like Android, good for you I respect your choice, I'll personnally pass for now thank you very much.
I like real freedom, instead of hacks that taste a little bit like freedom.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 10:07:31 PM

Seeing as this thread is already way off topic, I figured I'd throw in my two cents. I want a phone that works. I do not like that an arbitrary decision can be made to exclude a program, however, that's the price I'm willing to pay to have my phone just work. Bitcoin is bigger than Apple. Whether Apple realizes this or not is irrelevant.

P.S., I didn't type this and I'm posting from my iPhone.

streblo

Activity: 165

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 07:15:40 PM

Is the wallet app still available on Apple's official app store and still fully functional (able to send and receive coins)? Can someone with an iPhone please confirm?

Is Apple changing its tune? Was (re)allowing the fully-functional app a mistake? Will Apple's mobile payment platform, Passport, due with iOS5 officially support Bitcoin? </rampant_speculation>
runlinux

Activity: 566

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 07:18:03 PM

It is still available - just checked. Yes it can still send and receive coin. Just used it Smiley

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: