Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:50:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bytecoin Roadmap (including CryptoNote protocol updates)  (Read 8111 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Ullo (OP)

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 04:27:05 PM

Of course wallets don’t matter this much. But payment gateway definitely does. I mean, this is huge thing for services/businesses/etc. Now exchanges, shops and any other projects could easily accept Bytecoin and other CryptoNote coins. This does matter.

I just haven’t got it how exactly this would work? Something like CoinPayments or what? How quickly can I implement this on my website, for example?

As it's said in the OP, a new payment gateway will be
capable of receiving and sending thousands Bytecoin transactions simultaneously

Why not make the same feature for GUI wallet?

Why do we need that? Wallet is a wallet, just a GUI. I highly doubt that you will send thousands of transactions in a minute using GUI wallet.

There are two issues that your question raises. As of version 1.0.4 there will be three different wallet implementations for Bytecoin: simplewallet (largely re-written), GUI wallet, and payment gateway. All three are powered with the same IWallet and INode interfaces, so their network performance will be exactly the same.

The difference is in REST adaptor that is used by 3rd party services to process transactions (e.g. check deposits, pay out withdrawals). Currently simplewallet can process up to 200 simultaneous transactions, while payment gateway will be capable of processing up to 10,000 txs at the same time. We expect payment gateway to become the primary wallet for businesses, as it should be much more convenient than simplewallet in this case. Creating such a sophisticated REST adaptor is not a trivial task, and we do not see any need in the same functionality for simplewallet.

Bytecoin BCN core team: https://bytecoin.org/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DStrange

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:40:38 PM

Actually, it would be pretty good to make a special blog for bytecoin where developers will comment on what is happening.

You can use the IRC Freenode channel #bytecoin-dev and the technical discussion thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=718834. Here you can ask any questions about Bytecoin development. And you can write to Bytecoin support.
Developer's blog coming soon.

Xian_XDN

Activity: 115

DigitalNote: because you deserve privacy

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 04:43:24 PM

v.1.0.4

Color themes

This update provides Bytecoin users with a new set of color themes for Bytecoin Wallet. Even though our main focus is hardcore protocol features, we believe it's time for CryptoNote to become more user-friendly.

Would it be possible to make custom color themes for the GUI wallet? I remember good all days when everybody was so proud to develop their own IM-client builds (like Miranda and others) with featured skins. It was cool. I think I have a couple of good ideas for new Bytecoin GUI.

Also, why did you decided to add blockchain explorer into the wallet? Isn't it too complicated?

Come on, Jypsi. You know how it is important for a user to be able to see tx hash and to know if his transaction was included in the block or not. In DarkNote GUI we made it possible to open chainradar service in one click, but it's still too far from the ideal solution. I always feel myself a bit disappointed, when chainradar.com loading starts in the new browser window (unexpectedly!) after clicking TX hash in XDN wallet "history" section. Bytecoin devs try to do it in a user-friendly way. Being user-friendly is good.

Cheesus

Activity: 692
Merit: 254

terra-credit.com

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:52:54 PM

It is good to see that not only Bytecoin is developing but also a technology that it's based on. I think it's a bit questionable that Bytecoin and CryptoNote exist apart. I mean, people who develop Bitcoin technology are also developing coin...

Also, is it possible to join Bytecoin team? I would love to be a part of the team. I mean I would love to help but I need to know what is done. You have a great looking roadmap and probably a development plan. Can I take a look?

███████████████████████
  █████████████████████ 
    ███████████████████ 
      █████████████████ 
███████████████████████
          █████████████ 
            ███████████ 
              █████████ 
                ███████ 
                  ████ 
                    ███ 

terracredit

Powered by,
Ullo (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 05:00:33 PM

Also, is it possible to join Bytecoin team? I would love to be a part of the team. I mean I would love to help but I need to know what is done. You have a great looking roadmap and probably a development plan. Can I take a look?

We are open to anyone who is willing to contribute and help us develop new awesome features for users and ecosystem. If you seriously consider giving us a hand, just send us an email at contact@bytecoin.org, or PM amjuarez on github. I guess there are still plenty of things to work on.

neverminer77

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 05:09:46 PM

Bytecoin Roadmap

Bytecoin software is presented with two development branches, Bytecoin Reference Client and Bytecoin Wallet. The first one refers to the original CryptoNote console daemon and simplewallet binaries, while the latter is the graphical wallet for end-users. Bytecoin Wallet roadmap depends on Bytecoin Reference Client features, so versioning is the same for both Bytecoin branches.

Here is the visual representation of Bytecoin roadmap. The features are briefly covered below. One thing to mention, these are not some vague plans scheduled for 2050; every feature mentioned in this post is being either researched or developed actively. We aim to significantly improve CryptoNote protocol and give birth to broad ecosystem on top of Bytecoin network.

The majority of the updates has been discussed with CryptoNote team members to ensure that our work is aligned with their philosophy and vision. However, it is completely up to them to decide which of them should be included into CryptoNote's official codebase and become part of CryptoNote's core features.

There are going to be more great features coming out this year. It's high time CryptoNote technology become more user-friendly to ultimately drive mass adoption to the platform and all CryptoNote currencies. Even though the cryptographic protocol behind CryptoNote's anonymous transactions is well-tested and robust, there is still a lot of work ahead. That is why Bytecoin team puts a lot of effort to make whole CryptoNote ecosystem reach a radically new level.

You may follow the progress on Bytecoin website. The page is going to be updated with each Bytecoin release.

http://bytecoin.org/static/img/bytecoin-roadmap.png

Great news.

Very interesting Bytecoin update. Roadmap is more than impressive, I hope you will be able to develop all of this. When the first update will be published?
Xian_XDN

Activity: 115

DigitalNote: because you deserve privacy

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 05:20:52 PM

In-process INode for applications

INode interface is Bytecoin's high-level API library that provides network node functionality. Its in-process implementation allows to launch an instance of Bytecoin daemon inside any C++ application. As an example, it allows Bytecoin Wallet to run a native network node. What's more, if you have a local Bytecoin daemon running, INode will connect to it rather than create a new in-app instance. This update marks the start of Bytecoin lightweight wallet development, a long-awaited feature in CryptoNote ecosystem.

I guess INode is something new. Could you explain in more detail? Where could I find it on the website? Actually, it would be pretty good to make a special blog for bytecoin where developers will comment on what is happening.

INode's description that you quote is pretty self-explanatory. INode is a high-level API interface that has been introduced back in Bytecoin v.0.8.11. Basically, it is a C++ library that is capable of everything the CryptoNote network node should do. It can be used for other applications to replace bytecoind daemon running in the background and have everything inside one app. You may read more about the methods on our wiki but keep in mind that whole API section is going to be updated with the next release: https://wiki.bytecoin.org/wiki/High_level_Node_API

Is it easy to implement INode to other CryptoNote currencies?

DStrange

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 05:25:28 PM

Great news.

Very interesting Bytecoin update. Roadmap is more than impressive, I hope you will be able to develop all of this. When the first update will be published?

Thanks for your feedback! The next Bytecoin release will be available in early April.

Rias

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 05:44:38 PM

New network library

CryptoNote network layer is being migrated to a new library. Unlike epee library that has been used previously in all CryptoNote currencies, the new solution makes node's behavior much more predictable in runtime. This update splits CryptoNote network and worker threads and is a prerequisite for further multi-threading behavior optimization.

How important is this new library? Doesn't epee work fine? As far as I understand, epee is in the very core of CryptoNote. Wouldn't changing it affect a lot of other components?

My concern is that this should imply tremendous work, which can take a lot of time. Since it belongs to 1.0.5 release, does it imply that we're going to wait quite long for it be rolled out?
neverminer77

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 05:47:58 PM

Great news.

Thanks for your feedback! The next Bytecoin release will be available in early April.

Thank you, good to know. Smiley
Ullo (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 06:21:34 PM

Is it easy to implement INode to other CryptoNote currencies?

INode can be theoretically implemented in other CryptoNotes. However, it depends on the coins' developers whether it will actually be the case.

New network library
CryptoNote network layer is being migrated to a new library. Unlike epee library that has been used previously in all CryptoNote currencies, the new solution makes node's behavior much more predictable in runtime. This update splits CryptoNote network and worker threads and is a prerequisite for further multi-threading behavior optimization.
How important is this new library? Doesn't epee work fine? As far as I understand, epee is in the very core of CryptoNote. Wouldn't changing it affect a lot of other components?
My concern is that this should imply tremendous work, which can take a lot of time. Since it belongs to 1.0.5 release, does it imply that we're going to wait quite long for it be rolled out?

Epee is a great library but it doesn't fit in with our understanding of how Bytecoin core should operate. Unfortunately, I'm not ready to provide any further technical information at the moment, as this piece of work is far from being finished. What I can assure of is that we will do our best to implement this and every other mentioned feature as fast as possible.

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 09:31:28 PM

Bytecoin? The one currently trading at five satoshis on Polo?

Colored coins and assets
Colored coins are the next big thing in cryptocurrencies and is the next significant step for CryptoNote. They will allow Bytecoin users to create and distribute various CryptoNote securities and digital assets.

What's the rough ETA on this? More importantly: will the buying and selling of Assts be obfuscated on the blockchain? Would anyone be able to find out what Assets a Bytecoin holder buys and sells?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

bytemuma

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 09:49:25 PM

Yes that's right. You can buy BCN cheap.

███
                              █████
           ██           █████████              ██
       █████         
█████████         ██████
     ████████         
█████         █████████
         ████████       
███       █████████
            ████████              █████████
               █████       ███       █████

███       ██       █████       ██       ███
    █████            █████████            █████
█████████    █████████████    █████████
█████████    █████████████    █████████     
    █████            █████████            █████
      ███        ██      █████      ██      ███
               █████      ███       █████
            ████████              █████████
         ████████       
███       █████████
     ████████         
█████        █████████
       █████         
█████████        ██████
           ██           
█████████           ██
                              █████
                                ███

Adonx.one

◆ Twitter
◆ Telegram
◆ Discord

Rias

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:49:23 PM

What's the rough ETA on this?

As far as I understand, the exact release dates will be announced later, but all of the features should be implemented in 2015.
Ullo (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 01:36:07 PM

Colored coins and assets
Colored coins are the next big thing in cryptocurrencies and is the next significant step for CryptoNote. They will allow Bytecoin users to create and distribute various CryptoNote securities and digital assets.

What's the rough ETA on this? More importantly: will the buying and selling of Assts be obfuscated on the blockchain? Would anyone be able to find out what Assets a Bytecoin holder buys and sells?

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, we are not ready to provide you even with a rough ETA, since the work is currently in progress.

As to your question regarding obfuscating of buying and selling, transactions are going to be as anonymous as ordinary transactions, the only difference is that users will be able too see the "color" of input or output in blockchain but funds will still be untraceable. Please note that you can mix outputs that has the same "color" or no "color" at all.

In other words, the only thing you will be able to analyze with help of blockchain explorer is which "color" or asset is the most popular among Bytecoin blockchain.

Another thing worth mentioning is that "colored" coin emission can’t be mixed because there is nothing you can mix it with.

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 03:45:27 PM

Colored coins and assets

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, we are not ready to provide you even with a rough ETA, since the work is currently in progress.

As to your question regarding obfuscating of buying and selling, transactions are going to be as anonymous as ordinary transactions, the only difference is that users will be able too see the "color" of input or output in blockchain but funds will still be untraceable. Please note that you can mix outputs that has the same "color" or no "color" at all.

In other words, the only thing you will be able to analyze with help of blockchain explorer is which "color" or asset is the most popular among Bytecoin blockchain.

Another thing worth mentioning is that "colored" coin emission can’t be mixed because there is nothing you can mix it with.

Thanks for your answer. By "emission," do you mean issuing an Asset and/or trading it?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Ullo (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 04:55:37 PM

Colored coins and assets

Thanks for your answer. By "emission," do you mean issuing an Asset and/or trading it?

I've meant the process of issuing an asset. Transfers are still anonymous as long as you can mix your funds with other outputs.

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 11:42:18 PM

I've meant the process of issuing an asset. Transfers are still anonymous as long as you can mix your funds with other outputs.

Thank you! If Bytecoin takes off, its Asset Exchange would be a natural home for grey-market Assets. That's something you and the rest of the dev team should talk over...

dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 12:34:26 PM

Interested.
DStrange

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 03:45:19 PM

Interested.

If you have any questions, please contact us, we will be happy to answer.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: