Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:55:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New users flooding this forum  (Read 3742 times)
Beta-coiner1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 02:14:46 AM

I still feel kinda new,but it wasn't really until the gox got above 10 again did I have any interest again and had many variable coins all over.I think if the news started reporting on BTC there would obviously be another flood.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 02:22:20 AM

I still feel kinda new,but it wasn't really until the gox got above 10 again did I have any interest again and had many variable coins all over.I think if the news started reporting on BTC there would obviously be another flood.

Yes lol... Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 06:01:00 AM

I'm new and I signed up because I wanted to start exchanging btc face to face, plus sell anything I can make or source locally. I'm trying to build up some btc balance it's my latest interest.

Check out LocalBitcoins.com.

isthisreallife

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 10:03:15 AM

I'm new.

I started buying BTC in June, after a few months of reading. Turned out to be great timing Cool I'd heard about bitcoin before, and loved the idea, but hadn't had the time to do enough research to get involved in any meaningful way.

Since the growth has been so dramatic it's been a bit hard to shut me up about bitcoin lately Cheesy A few of my mates have since bought BTC. Another has started accepting BTC for her jeans.

Pure speculation, but I'm sure there are many like me, and it's being reflected in the price.
salty

Activity: 562
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 10:17:52 AM

I'm new and I signed up because I wanted to start exchanging btc face to face, plus sell anything I can make or source locally. I'm trying to build up some btc balance it's my latest interest.

Check out LocalBitcoins.com.

Already on there, only 1 enquiry so far in 2 1/2 months Sad I guess there's not much demand in my area *shrug*
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 10:18:42 AM

I'm new, but I've been lurking (off and on) for over 18 months.

At first I said "Duh, there's a 21 million cap, how's this economy s'posed to grow? Sounds like the Great Depression"

Then I checked out the graph of the long term gold price

Then I bought a little cache of coins

Then some more

Now I'm here, and I'm rich! (I think.... I hope......!)

Vires in numeris
ruski

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 10:25:15 AM

Not new, but haven't been posting recently. Only really got exciting in the last month or so, and here I am. Was mining and trading last year. Bought Crysis with bitcoins to play on my mining rig Grin

bullioner

Activity: 166
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 10:50:07 AM

Yep, I'm new.  I've been lurking on speculation for quite a while now, but wanted to make my investment before talking it up.  I've now almost fully invested the amount I've allocated for this, so am coming out of the woodwork.  I'm not what you folks call a "big player".  For me it's a significant proportion of my own savings, but still an amount I can afford to lose, of course.  This makes me what you people would call "long", but I can't quite bring myself to use that jargon yet, so I'll just say I've invested in it.
ruski

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 11:06:52 AM

Yep, I'm new.  I've been lurking on speculation for quite a while now, but wanted to make my investment before talking it up.  I've now almost fully invested the amount I've allocated for this, so am coming out of the woodwork.  I'm not what you folks call a "big player".  For me it's a significant proportion of my own savings, but still an amount I can afford to lose, of course.  This makes me what you people would call "long", but I can't quite bring myself to use that jargon yet, so I'll just say I've invested in it.

Long means you've bought and expect it to go up. Short means you have sold borrowed coins and hope to rebuy them at a low price to repay them - expecting the price to go down. It's not really jargon. Welcome! Smiley

bullioner

Activity: 166
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 11:10:25 AM

It's not really jargon. Welcome! Smiley

Okay.  Would you agree that it's terminology which is especially defined in relationship to a specific activity, though?

Welcome! Smiley

Thanks.
ruski

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 11:14:46 AM

It's not really jargon. Welcome! Smiley

Okay.  Would you agree that it's terminology which is especially defined in relationship to a specific activity, though?

Sure, but it extends to the whole world of trading. Although I live in the trading world so I can see how it's as common as bread to me. Silly me thinking everyone knows what it all means. Sorry! Cheesy

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: