Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:01:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DOWN] Bitlc.net - P2SH, No invalid blocks, Custom payouts, EU, 0% fee, LP  (Read 180694 times)
Dimsum

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:22:43 PM

Another horrible night .. about a third of what I would normally get from Deepbit. If it isn't "miner is idle" its "problems communicating with bitcoin RPC" 2 nights in a row of poor performance is unacceptable. Hate that my GPU is sitting there idle while I sleep. Don't think I'm going to bother risking it tonight. 3rd time certainly wont be the charm for me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kookiekrak

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:41:48 PM

fix yo shit.

i make twice as much here as i do at deepbit. deepbit's fees are WAY TOO HIGH. plus, inorder for deepbit to match bitcoins.lc, deepbit needs to hit a block every 20 min. and that DOESNT HAPPEN!

tl;dr i make a ton more here than i do at any other pool.

FREE 100 GME if you post your Cryptsy TradeKey on the official GameCoinTalk forums

http://www.gamecointalk.org/index.php?topic=7.msg9#new
tekwarrior

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:05:05 PM

fix yo shit.

i make twice as much here as i do at deepbit. deepbit's fees are WAY TOO HIGH. plus, inorder for deepbit to match bitcoins.lc, deepbit needs to hit a block every 20 min. and that DOESNT HAPPEN!

I just looked at the deepbit stats page and the last 50 blocks were found within about 18 minutes each on average. I too make less money here, but it's due to my rejected shares which I get on this pool only (other pools with the exact same settings will only reject about 2-3%, not 50-70%).

This doesn't mean I'm mining at deepbit though and I really hope you can fix it as no matter what settings I use your pool rejects so many shares :-/.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 03:53:11 PM

fix yo shit.

I just looked at the deepbit stats page and the last 50 blocks were found within about 18 minutes each on average. I too make less money here, but it's due to my rejected shares which I get on this pool only (other pools with the exact same settings will only reject about 2-3%, not 50-70%).

This doesn't mean I'm mining at deepbit though and I really hope you can fix it as no matter what settings I use your pool rejects so many shares :-/.
What are your settings?
I actually get far fewer here than any other pool! I'm sitting at about .3% out of about 300,000+ shares!

shamathana

Activity: 46

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 07:11:53 PM

warning: job finished, miner is idle  <-----anyone know how to fix this? Is it a problem with the pool or something on my end?
me too. im getting "work queue empty miner is idle" a lot, even with short disconnects.
using phoenix 1.5 with phatk win7 32bit
http://s7.directupload.net/images/110624/temp/tbynf4wp.jpg
tekwarrior

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 07:47:44 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2011, 08:12:28 PM by tekwarrior

What are your settings?
I actually get far fewer here than any other pool! I'm sitting at about .3% out of about 300,000+ shares!

My settings for phoenix 1.50 are:
-k phatk PLATFORM=0 DEVICE=0 VECTORS BFI_INT AGGRESSION=12 WORKSIZE=128 FASTLOOP=false

I just started my miner again and will see if it works now.

With regards to the work queue empty problem:
Try adding -q 3 before the -k switch in phoenix to have more than only one queue. You probably have to figure out which value is perfect for you Wink.

Edit:
Seems to work perfectly now and I'm back to my usual 2%.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 09:35:32 PM

What are your settings?

My settings for phoenix 1.50 are:
-k phatk PLATFORM=0 DEVICE=0 VECTORS BFI_INT AGGRESSION=12 WORKSIZE=128 FASTLOOP=false

I just started my miner again and will see if it works now.

Try adding -q 3 before the -k switch in phoenix to have more than only one queue. You probably have to figure out which value is perfect for you Wink.

Edit:
Seems to work perfectly now and I'm back to my usual 2%.
Good! I noticed that one of my cards started to drop in Mh (30-40MH/s to be more precise), a quick restart of Phoenix solved it! Seems to be the "duct tape"!  Wink

darkskypoet

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 11:48:00 PM

Well, I am in Canada, so pretty far from bitcoins.lc geographically; and since I last restarted - 14147 shares accepted and 31 stale / rejected... that's 0.2%...

Not sure why some are having problems... i am just using Guiminer pulling 320-330MH/s on my 6950. I've never had an issue with stale/invalid shares.
shamathana

Activity: 46

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 02:25:40 AM

how high does it has to be? -q 7 isn't working, try even higher?
Jine (OP)

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 02:44:11 AM

If you know a C++ developer, or are one yourself - please take a look at our issue with amount of connections:
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/344

I would gladly pay 1 BTC to the person that finds someone to help us solve this.
Implementation of either;

1) Keep-alive in Bitcoind and/or - 10 BTC bounty
2) Unix-socket support in both Bitcoind and Pushpoold - 10 BTC bounty for support in Bitcoind, and another for 10 BTC for pushpoold.

We're currently experiencing a drop in hash rate due to the massive amount of connections between those two.
Bare with us, as we're trying to solve this problem.

--
Regards, Jim

Previous founder of Bit LC Inc. | I've always loved the idea of bitcoin.
CalibrataBG

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 07:40:10 AM

What's wrong guys? As of half an hour ago my miners are completly idle!
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2011, 09:20:09 AM

What's wrong guys? As of half an hour ago my miners are completly idle!
The pool is down, it will probably be until the morning US time for a restart.
PabloW

Activity: 228
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:53:26 PM

12 hour block?!??! what the fuck!!!!
PabloW

Activity: 228
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 04:54:43 PM

13 hours whats going on!!!
darkskypoet

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 05:21:12 PM

So how long was it down for? and do we stop work on the block we were on and move to a new one? or are we finishing the block that we were working on? or?

thanks
muyoso

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 06:10:08 PM

13.5 hour block.  I am done with this pool.  It started off amazing and I couldn't stop singing praises.  Now their are connection issues and blocks are taking 5-13 hours to solve even though the total hash rate has more than doubled since I joined.  For some reason the more people that join the pool, the slower we find blocks and the lower the payouts.

I drink it up!
darkskypoet

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 06:53:35 PM

13.5 hour block.  I am done with this pool.  It started off amazing and I couldn't stop singing praises.  Now their are connection issues and blocks are taking 5-13 hours to solve even though the total hash rate has more than doubled since I joined.  For some reason the more people that join the pool, the slower we find blocks and the lower the payouts.

Aside from the odd connection issue:

Difficulty has doubled (almost i think) so any growth in the pool would have to take that into consideration... Further, as pool hashing increases in magnitude, unless your hashing personally has increased to match, you represent a smaller part of the solution then what you once did. This combined with the increased difficulty means that your contribution in shares is less as a proportion of the total shares req'd for solution; therefore lower payouts.

So long story short, if the pool doubles in power, and difficulty also doubles, then you will get less payout then what you did before on average. Welcome to the difficulty conundrum, and why so many are getting out of mining period. The difficulty is not likely to ever get easier from here till the end.

muyoso

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 09:45:37 PM

Difficulty has doubled (almost i think) so any growth in the pool would have to take that into consideration... Further, as pool hashing increases in magnitude, unless your hashing personally has increased to match, you represent a smaller part of the solution then what you once did. This combined with the increased difficulty means that your contribution in shares is less as a proportion of the total shares req'd for solution; therefore lower payouts.

So long story short, if the pool doubles in power, and difficulty also doubles, then you will get less payout then what you did before on average. Welcome to the difficulty conundrum, and why so many are getting out of mining period. The difficulty is not likely to ever get easier from here till the end.

I understand fully that I should be getting paid less when the pool increases in size, but we should also be discovering blocks faster.  If you look at the stats and add everything up, we solved the same number of blocks on the first full day of the last difficulty as the last full day even though the pool grew from 350ghash to over 500ghash.   There was variance inbetween of course, but not the growth in found blocks one would expect to see from a 43% gain in hashing power.  Idk maybe I am wrong.

I drink it up!
Jine (OP)

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 10:27:34 PM

We had some difficulties last couple of days due to a massive amount of connections we're added to the pool.
All those connections (and hash power) came from the same source.

I've discussed this with the person "responsible" for that increase, and come up with a solution for him.
The pool should now be a bit more stable, and hash rate should increase again.

We're STILL looking for C++ people to help us modifiy bitcoind to allow keep-alive connections to pushpoold.
Please contact me, reward of 10-20 BTC is planned.

/ Jim

Previous founder of Bit LC Inc. | I've always loved the idea of bitcoin.
darkskypoet

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 01:38:04 AM

I understand fully that I should be getting paid less when the pool increases in size, but we should also be discovering blocks faster.  If you look at the stats and add everything up, we solved the same number of blocks on the first full day of the last difficulty as the last full day even though the pool grew from 350ghash to over 500ghash.   There was variance inbetween of course, but not the growth in found blocks one would expect to see from a 43% gain in hashing power.  Idk maybe I am wrong.

But a 43% gain in hashing power versus what growth in difficulty? The way I see it without breaking out a calculator, is that the difficulty has increased by at least 43% if not more... Wasn't it like 5xxxxx vs now 8xxxxx? Which would be something akin to a 60% increase in difficulty (pulling it right out of my axx, as I don't know if 'difficulty' as reported is a linear progression or not - but the numbers seem to indicate it is)

So with a 60% increase in difficulty on a sufficiently large sample of blocks, the 43% increase in hashing power wouldn't cover the increase in difficulty fully. So that means blocks solved on average goes down per unit of time (averaged over a given amount of time that is sufficient to show a proper distribution) and our payouts based on a smaller proportion of shares and a smaller number of solved blocks faces a double whammy deflator.

If however difficulty growth = hashing growth, then we would solve the same number of blocks as a pool, and yet still receive smaller payouts unless our personal hashing increased to match the pool.

Sadly, with the amount of horsepower that came online after the BTC spike, and the media coverage... Expect that the next difficulty increase may be even higher then this one. The system is designed to balance the amount of blocks generated to a certain rate, accounting for increased processing power.... Which means conversely, that if a bunch of people decide instead that because BTCs have dropped, and Mt Gox had its blow up, etc that they will return their hardware to new egg, sell it off, etc... That it is possible (albeit unlikely) for difficulty to go down if there isn't sufficient hashing power to meet the desired rate of solved blocks.

However, the trend will be that difficulty increases every few weeks, and thus our shares will be more and more expensive in terms of heat / electricity / etc.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: