Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:21:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DOWN] Bitlc.net - P2SH, No invalid blocks, Custom payouts, EU, 0% fee, LP  (Read 180694 times)
crazy987

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 10:44:08 AM

i cannot connect from NL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jine (OP)

Activity: 403

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 11:22:06 AM

THIS JUST IN:

Jine is in DC with his girlfriend eating cheeseburgers!

No I'm not? I was asleep. Stop spreading bullshit, it's enough with your trolling in our irc-channel.

The issue currently is that I'm seeing huge amounts of getworks from a proxy, that makes one node hang.
When pfSense detects a node non-functional, it shuts it down and transfers the connections to another node.

... which then creates a spiral where all nodes go *poff* one at the time. After a few minutes, those other nodes becomes responsive again - and they are back online. After a while, the proxy/whatever is back on that same node again, and makes it hung once more.

I banned the proxy a few seconds ago, when i woke up. (Or to be correct, i banned a few subnets, to avoid the "bad guy" just switching VPS/IP/etc.)
I'm sorry for the instability during the night. I'm currently trying to setup a traffic shaper/limiter for amount of connections.

Previous founder of Bit LC Inc. | I've always loved the idea of bitcoin.
Dusty

Activity: 731
Merit: 503

Libertas a calumnia

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2011, 11:25:58 AM

I want to simply thank Jine for his dedication on this (difficult) task. Thanks!

And long live bitcoins.lc Wink

Articoli bitcoin: Il portico dipinto
Jine (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 11:28:24 AM

I want to simply thank Jine for his dedication on this (difficult) task. Thanks!

And long live bitcoins.lc Wink

Thanks!

And if anyone have suggestions on what we should do to avoid this in the future, please feel free to help out.
I'm starting to get out of ideas.

Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 11:43:19 AM

The issue currently is that I'm seeing huge amounts of getworks from a proxy, that makes one node hang.
When pfSense detects a node non-functional, it shuts it down and transfers the connections to another node.

... which then creates a spiral where all nodes go *poff* one at the time. After a few minutes, those other nodes becomes responsive again - and they are back online. After a while, the proxy/whatever is back on that same node again, and makes it hung once more.

Substantial amount of getworks per second & the use of VPN/proxy suggests an inefficient, large CPU miner network (very likely botnet),
probably selecting this pool for maximum efficiency due to 0% fees.

Maybe a script can be made which restricts getworks based on total valid shares being submitted from that IP range
(because bots will only be sending a few shares per hour due to a majority of infected computers being CPU's only, leading to a very inefficient workload which stresses the server)

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
Dusty

Libertas a calumnia

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2011, 01:15:51 PM

And if anyone have suggestions on what we should do to avoid this in the future, please feel free to help out.
Jack's idea seems to me the most interesting one: instead of just restricting number of getWorks (or, more in general, web access) to an IP you should use the worker name as a discriminator.

In other words there must be a minimum ratio between number of web requests and number of valid shares per unit time. This way a large (and productive) user behind a proxy is not penalized while a bot network issuing requests from all over the world (and using the same worker name) can be correctly detected and shutted down.

I don't know php but I would handle this kind of policy using a filter under tomcat (a java app server), this way it's not handled by the application but it's simply an access layer.

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 02:23:39 PM

Jack's idea seems to me the most interesting one: instead of just restricting number of getWorks (or, more in general, web access) to an IP you should use the worker name as a discriminator.

Next step for botnet operator: write a small script to generate 100000 worker names and set the worker name in your trojan payload to random(100000)

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
gentakin

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 02:29:23 PM

If the last-15-minutes-efficiency (submitted shares per getwork request) on a connection/account drops below x (say, 0.2): limit that connection to max. 1 getwork request per y seconds.

However, this will hurt "backup miners" when their backup pool is bitcoins.lc.. And I'm not sure if it helps at all. Just an idea. Huh

1HNjbHnpu7S3UUNMF6J9yWTD597LgtUCxb
darkskypoet

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 03:32:08 PM

Any way to have a certain min MH/s to play? I mean if the worry is CPU miner botnets, then could you not have one node that handles first attempts / requests, and the other nodes only get involved to serve work after the first node is satisfied that its one of us (a GPU miner). Then a handoff occurs, as we are vetted? So a pool of load balancing nodes once you're in the club so to speak, that way the work is getting done, the majority of us are unaffected, however new requests, new addresses, etc (some way to filter it) can't get past the initial node w/o x share / x time?

It means issues would threaten that initial node, may make it hard to get accepted to the other nodes, but the other nodes would still cheerfully toss out work to the majority of users mining away.

PabloW

Activity: 228
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 04:03:36 PM

Sorry to say this Jine, but as you may notice many people are leaving, and thats because many of the promised things, as little as they can be, are not being done. Something basic like auto-payout cant be missing out at this time.
Dusty

Libertas a calumnia

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2011, 04:35:21 PM

Next step for botnet operator: write a small script to generate 100000 worker names and set the worker name in your trojan payload to random(100000)
You can simply avoid such a behavior with a captcha (both for account creation and new worker.

Anyway, the more work a bot owner has to do, the more it looks for simpler alternatives, i.e.: less managed pools.

Jine (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 05:18:00 PM

Something basic like auto-payout cant be missing out at this time.

I have multiple times said that that is not going to be implemented due to future plans of the site.
And I'm working as fast as i can with the new system, for each time someone attacks, points botnets or using proxys with multiple hundrets of clients behind it - i have to stop and solve the issues.

Please bare with us. I'll implement stuff as soon as i can Smiley

speckman

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 05:34:47 PM

Sorry to say this Jine, but as you may notice many people are leaving, and thats because many of the promised things, as little as they can be, are not being done. Something basic like auto-payout cant be missing out at this time.

No.  Way more likely they're leaving because they can't get work/connections.  I like the payout system the way it is.  I only left because my miners were idle.

And Chick, wtf is wrong with your signature?  Is that your face?  Why would anyone want to see your face x6 every time you say something?  Don't say anything cause I don't want to see it again, but seriously, that's the ugliest, most annoying sig on the site. 
Chick

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 06:00:12 PM

No.  Way more likely they're leaving because they can't get work/connections.  I like the payout system the way it is.  I only left because my miners were idle.

And Chick, wtf is wrong with your signature?  Is that your face?  Why would anyone want to see your face x6 every time you say something?  Don't say anything cause I don't want to see it again, but seriously, that's the ugliest, most annoying sig on the site.  

I would take that as a compliment, he's the COO of Nintendo of America. It is quite a face and goes well with 'GOXED'.

Chick

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 06:05:00 PM

THIS JUST IN:

Jine is in DC with his girlfriend eating cheeseburgers!

No I'm not? I was asleep. Stop spreading bullshit, it's enough with your trolling in our irc-channel.

I banned the proxy a few seconds ago, when i woke up. (Or to be correct, i banned a few subnets, to avoid the "bad guy" just switching VPS/IP/etc.)
I'm sorry for the instability during the night. I'm currently trying to setup a traffic shaper/limiter for amount of connections.

I guess you were trolling me. Tongue It's quite a feat accomplishing that.  Cheesy

speckman

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 06:53:21 PM

I would take that as a compliment, he's the COO of Nintendo of America. It is quite a face and goes well with 'GOXED'.

Yeah, I'm not surprised that you'd take that as a compliment because I'm surely not the first person to say Jesus Christ, do we really all have to stare at the face x6 every time you open your mouth?  And I understand that there are all types of people, and one of them is the type that loves to annoy other people.  :|
V2-V3

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 09:37:42 PM

Yeah, I'm not surprised that you'd take that as a compliment because I'm surely not the first person to say Jesus Christ, do we really all have to stare at the face x6 every time you open your mouth?  And I understand that there are all types of people, and one of them is the type that loves to annoy other people.  :|
Would you like it better if he used one large image so you only have to see the face once?

Also, nice pool Jine! Keep up the good work Smiley

WTF.....
Jine (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 10:04:35 PM

Seriously, please stop spamming this thread with unnecessary posts.

padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2011, 02:24:13 AM

Very impressive! Running for 90 minutes or so and keeping rejects at 0.590%

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
pandemic

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 03:04:50 AM

Can't mine tonight, tomorrow, or tuesday. We have guests... and it's friggin hot in my apartment right now. Looking forward to winter Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: