Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:07:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DOWN] Bitlc.net - P2SH, No invalid blocks, Custom payouts, EU, 0% fee, LP  (Read 180698 times)
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2012, 04:44:25 PM

This silence does not inspire confidence in bitlc. Why isn't there any news on this being posted?
Payments are not down, not anymore at least. I made a withdraw a few minutes ago and everything worked fine.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hollyhunter

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 04:50:40 PM

This silence does not inspire confidence in bitlc. Why isn't there any news on this being posted?
Payments are not down, not anymore at least. I made a withdraw a few minutes ago and everything worked fine.
That's strange; I'm trying right now and it still gives the same message! How is that even possible, are payments coming from different wallets or something?
Bit LC Inc.

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2012, 05:10:14 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2012, 05:24:02 PM by Bit LC Inc.

Hi ABCPool.co!

Yes, they do.

You see, we do not allow pool-hopping pools nor huge botnets on our pool. (We've written this multiple times on our twitter, and I KNOW that you're aware of it, since you're doing your best to avoid protections for that)

We've done a few changes to our environment to make it a harder use and register 10 accounts and use then for your own hopping-pool.

The payments for your account(s) will remain disabled until we're done with that. ABCPool and other pool-hopping pool is affected by this.

Sorry for the late response tho, seems like the update notifications for this thread bugs every now and then.

// Best Regards,
Bit LC Inc.

EDIT: Btw, why did you register a new account? Don't you want your users to know that you're hopping multiple pools to allow PPS for such a low charge (and then taking all other extra hopping income to yourself, incl. the 1.5% pps "fee"?)
stoppots

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 05:47:46 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2012, 06:00:05 PM by stoppots

got buried
Jine (OP)

Activity: 403

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 05:58:03 PM

To be totally honest, we've been waiting to hear from you...

And yes - all recent downtime and pool issues have been related to their abuse of our services.
Including the downtime for a few days ago.

Previous founder of Bit LC Inc. | I've always loved the idea of bitcoin.
stoppots

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 06:00:27 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2012, 06:15:10 PM by stoppots

That's strange; I'm trying right now and it still gives the same message! How is that even possible, are payments coming from different wallets or something?

Hi ABCPool.co!

Yes, they do.

You see, we do not allow pool-hopping pools nor huge botnets on our pool. (We've written this multiple times on our twitter, and I KNOW that you're aware of it, since you're doing your best to avoid protections for that)

We've done a few changes to our environment to make it a harder use and register 10 accounts and use then for your own hopping-pool.

The payments for your account(s) will remain disabled until we're done with that. ABCPool and other pool-hopping pool is affected by this.

Sorry for the late response tho, seems like the update notifications for this thread bugs every now and then.

// Best Regards,
Bit LC Inc.

EDIT: Btw, why did you register a new account? Don't you want your users to know that you're hopping multiple pools to allow PPS for such a low charge (and then taking all other extra hopping income to yourself, incl. the 1.5% pps "fee"?)

The Little Guys Take A Stand

MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 09:08:45 PM

To be totally honest, we've been waiting to hear from you...
the 'you' above might refer to ABCPool, so we'll reply here.
all recent downtime and pool issues have been related to their abuse of our services.
Including the downtime for a few days ago.
ABCPool relays work to a variety of sources. For any pool we use we have a specific and low limit on the number of connections that are open simultaneously, and a maximum amount of requests we do. Furthermore, ABCPool retires a pool when errors start to occur.

We want to spread our risk among pools, and bringing a pool down really does not help in that area.

Jine (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 09:21:08 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2012, 10:18:05 PM by Jine

Funny that there is patterns in our downtime (and issues) and those reported in your own thread. DDoS-attempts against you guys WILL affect the pools you're hopping - as the getwork requests are issued to the pool you hopping.

Also why did you guys create a new account here on the forums (2 days ago) to ask about your payments? What's wrong with your own accounts?

And why do you use multiple accounts (with bogus e-mails), multiple (hundreds in total) of workers, is it to avoid detection of your (bad) techniques, avoid our botnet detection and potential bans cause of the pressure you're puting on the system? That's just bad behavior, and also - why don't you be clear about you guys BEING a pool-hopper pool to allow such low pps-fees?

I'm going to publish everything i know about you guys, cause i really - really dislike the concept, tactics and methods. I also dislike that fact that you don't have balls enough to stand for what you do.

It's dangerous, bad for the commuity, bad for pools and bad for miners (especially when it breaks pools).

Unfortunately, our EULA isn't up on the site yet, the lawyer is looking over it atm.
This will absolutly be a part of that, doing shit against the community that affects our legit users will not be tolerated.

--
Regards, Jim
Bit LC Inc.

hollyhunter

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 09:49:46 PM

I stopped hashing for bitlc a few days ago. As you can see in your logs, I did not run a botnet. Botnets are pure evil and can bring a pool down fast.

I am a pool hopper though. I understand that a proportional pool wants to deter pool hoppers, but be clear about it. Put it in the terms of service, mention it during registration, in a faq. Maybe even enforce it by blocking workers from connecting.

Can you point out where on your site you inform people that payouts are withheld for pool hoppers? I cannot find it. I also just searched the forum and your Twitter account for the word 'hop'. No results at all on Twitter. Burried in 56 pages of messages in this forum thread I managed to find these messages:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=10121.msg351107#msg351107

and also:
I would however suggest you guys that ARE pool hopping to stop it, not because I'm going to ban you nor steal anything, it may have been the wrong choice - but only for the sake of the pool.
More people ACTUALLY mining means faster blocks, which means a more stable pool and a lot more reason for me to act up and evolve it to something more then just a pool.
Is this a policy to disallow hoppers?

I have contributed lots of blocks to bitlc. As it stands now you have been holding my bitcoins hostage for more than a week under the pretence of a 'wallet switch'.

Do you have an estimate for when the payouts will be done?

That's OK; the forum software is indeed a bit buggy sometimes.
Jine (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 10:27:07 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2012, 11:03:55 PM by Jine

Why do you guys keep posting with the "fake" accounts? hollyhunter is saying that "I am a poolhopper", does that confirm that ABCPool actually is runned by just one user - you? I haven't found anything stating that it's more then you (ONE user) that's responsible...

Our ToS / EULA and Security Terms isn't online yet - I'm well aware of that. As i said - our laywer is checking it out currently.
It's on it's way in either way Smiley

We will withhold your balance until we've sorted this out. It's a special case just for you, we do not usually care what our users mine with, as it usally doesn't affect our other users - but you do. The reson behind this is the damage you've caused and loss of income for other users due to downtime and instability (Not due to hopping, just to be clear). I know this isen't the first time you "lose" funds cause of you pool hopping and misbehaving.

As you refuse to answer my other questions above, you're welcome to contact us via e-mail if you have any more questions regarding this (as regular users do!).

The funds bound to your account is in another wallet, hence the wallet switch-message.

EDIT: Also, you've deliberately abused our system with using mutiple accounts (there is nothing wrong with that, just to be clear - as long as it's used for a good purpose) and hundreds of workers to avoid the security mesurments that's in place to avoid these kinds of things, limitations in workers, LP-connections and overall IP's connected to each account to name a few. We implemented that it back in the pushpoold-days already - after the multicoin poolhopper experience. We though that was enough to stop this kind of behavor, as you WILL run in to troubles if trying to use it like you do. Apparently it wasn't.

I'm sure you're aware of exactly what we do to stop it, as you've taken mesurements to avoid it.

An investigation for new mesurements to stop this will be implemented asap.

Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2012, 09:18:19 PM

I hope that all those cheating, greedy ass pools go down !

eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 09:33:17 PM

I hope that all those cheating, greedy ass pools go down !
It won't be long.  There won't be many hoppable pools left, and even fewer hoppable pools that can actually handle the influx of traffic from Proxy Pools.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 09:33:59 PM

[...] why did you guys create a new account here on the forums (2 days ago) to ask about your payments? What's wrong with your own accounts? [...]
We were indeed posting 'anonymously' using the hollyhunter account.

Using the forum accounts associated with ABCPool for communication with upstream pools could confuse our customers and potentially give away details of our business model. Details that our competitors would be very interested to know. We choose to communicate such practical matters regarding upstream pools through more anonymous forum accounts.

We have contacted Jine privately and hope we'll be able to come to an agreement with him in that way to resolve the issue of the unpaid balances.

eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 10:38:08 PM

[...] why did you guys create a new account here on the forums (2 days ago) to ask about your payments? What's wrong with your own accounts? [...]

Using the forum accounts associated with ABCPool for communication with upstream pools could confuse our customers and potentially give away details of our business model. Details that our competitors would be very interested to know. We choose to communicate such practical matters regarding upstream pools through more anonymous forum accounts.

We have contacted Jine privately and hope we'll be able to come to an agreement with him in that way to resolve the issue of the unpaid balances.

Still won't just openly admit that all your pool does is proxy pool hop and keep the profit?  Your "competitors" know what you're doing, because you weren't the first or the last.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 12:12:38 AM

If you were open about it and actually advertised your system for what it was, you could probably make an absolute killing in the way the GPUMAX has.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Jine (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 03:14:06 PM

Bitcoin is based upon trust, as there's no central authority to trust - people have to trust site-ops, pool-ops and people doing bitcoin business.
If you don't build trust towards your customers, but instead trying to base the business upon lies and deceit - this is not the right business for you.

It wouldn't "confuse" your "customers", it would just be telling the truth.
And you know what they say - if someone is lying to you, it's prob. cause they're afraid that you wouldn't be on their side if you know the truth.

And guess what? It is probably correct.

stoppots

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 10:43:38 PM

Seems ABC has been more open with its statements on mining practices in this thread than in its own thread.
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 02:06:47 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2012, 02:20:24 AM by Starlightbreaker

nevermind, i'm being stupid lol.

Jine (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 02:08:12 AM

... huh, no? :O

/ Jim

RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 08:13:37 PM

Problems at the moment?

Blockchains.info (which is normally accurate) says you've found 2 blocks recently, but your site says the current round is 1 day 5 hours so far....

Don't pull a Bitclockers Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: