Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:36:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The next bubble could well surprise even the early traders...  (Read 5693 times)
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 06:38:05 PM

you might want to check this thread :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=800330.0

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 06:46:29 PM

I think we're nearing the start of another bull cycle, Dollar Index is looking toppy too. Smiley
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 07:39:34 PM

Something better be happening soon, I'm getting bored. That damn supply is killing the price I tell you hwhat. Every 10 minutes someone gets 25 bitcoins. 3600 bitcoins get dumped erry day. The demand is actually pretty good if you consider the fact that price is holding triple digits under all this selling pressure from miners. If miners were to stop selling, where would the price go?

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
brg444

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 07:51:52 PM

Something better be happening soon, I'm getting bored. That damn supply is killing the price I tell you hwhat. Every 10 minutes someone gets 25 bitcoins. 3600 bitcoins get dumped erry day. The demand is actually pretty good if you consider the fact that price is holding triple digits under all this selling pressure from miners. If miners were to stop selling, where would the price go?

Will you people eventually stop repeating this nonsense.

No, 3600 bitcoins do not get dumped on the market everyday.

No, not all miners have to sell their mining rewards in order to keep running.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 08:05:37 PM

So what? It's the intrinsic supply. You want be a smartass and whine about precision? Sure some won't sell but then again there are old coins that get sold. I'm referring to the order of magnitude of new coins that the network has to handle every day.

brg444

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 08:14:44 PM

So what? It's the intrinsic supply. You want be a smartass and whine about precision? Sure some won't sell but then again there are old coins that get sold. I'm referring to the order of magnitude of new coins that the network has to handle every day.

Your whole post is complaining about pressure from miners selling.

I'm here to tell you only a portion of them do and surely the current price is not a result of miners' selling pressure.

Take it how you want it but I'm just saying you're barking at the wrong door.

ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 08:29:01 PM

3600 BTC get dumped every day? Who says that this is actually true? Don't you think that at least a considerable amount of those coins are *not* liquidated? What about people buying BTC in bulk from miners, in order not to push the price up (long term acquiring phase)?

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 08:58:35 PM

I'm here to tell you only a portion of them do and surely the current price is not a result of miners' selling pressure.

The only one complaining is your mom. Surely the current price is the result of the miners' selling pressure because if miners didn't sell or didn't receive a single coin the price would be higher. Now you probably want to say that miners are not the only factor and I agree but you must admit that mining still generates a lot of coins out of thin air and we can never say for sure where they end up.

3600 BTC get dumped every day? Who says that this is actually true? Don't you think that at least a considerable amount of those coins are *not* liquidated? What about people buying BTC in bulk from miners, in order not to push the price up (long term acquiring phase)?

Yes I think at least a considerable amount of those coins are not liquidated. That doesn't change the fact that a considerable amount of those coins are being sold every day. My point is that if miners would get only 3.125 bitcoins for a block then the price of a single bitcoin would be much higher than what it is today. You can say it's because of miners' selling or that it isn't but the price would without doubt be higher. Basic supply and demand logic, you can't argue that.

uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 06:58:40 AM

that is how horizontal markets look like. Boredom for most of the time until the pop happens. Usually most of the people get bored on the way, waiting for the pop. That is where I believe Bitcoin is right now.

this space is intentionally left blank
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 07:47:26 AM

that is how horizontal markets look like. Boredom for most of the time until the pop happens. Usually most of the people get bored on the way, waiting for the pop. That is where I believe Bitcoin is right now.

Surely I was also expecting more movement over this past week. I'm sure a jump is coming (either way) but the waiting makes it tempting to play into the boring phase too.

calchuchesta

Activity: 124
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 11:08:53 AM

Im getting loaded with btc as we speak, the big rally could start at any time now.
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 12:18:56 PM

Yes I think at least a considerable amount of those coins are not liquidated. That doesn't change the fact that a considerable amount of those coins are being sold every day. My point is that if miners would get only 3.125 bitcoins for a block then the price of a single bitcoin would be much higher than what it is today. You can say it's because of miners' selling or that it isn't but the price would without doubt be higher. Basic supply and demand logic, you can't argue that.

Yeah, sure, I don't disagree that this is definitely putting more pressure on the price than when there weren't any coins being mined every day. That's also the reason why everyone is waiting for the block reward halving. The supply isn't new, though. And never underestimate speculation.

zyzzbrah

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 12:39:11 PM

Yeah, sure, I don't disagree that this is definitely putting more pressure on the price than when there weren't any coins being mined every day. That's also the reason why everyone is waiting for the block reward halving. The supply isn't new, though. And never underestimate speculation.
The halving is a nice price trigger but we don't really need to depend on it, other things will push the price up, it will be the sum of a lot of variables.
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 12:44:34 PM

The halving is a nice price trigger but we don't really need to depend on it, other things will push the price up, it will be the sum of a lot of variables.

It's not as much as a trigger - the halving will be priced in well before it occurs. We may already now pricing it in slowly without even realizing it. Then again, it could push the next potential bubble way higher than otherwise (without the halving).

Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 02:04:40 PM

It's not as much as a trigger - the halving will be priced in well before it occurs. We may already now pricing it in slowly without even realizing it. Then again, it could push the next potential bubble way higher than otherwise (without the halving).

Considering the amount of coins that can potentially be sold every day just for the sake of it, we must congratulate ourselves for even price stagnation. As long as the price doesn't decrease rapidly by orders of magnitude, time is actually our friend.

ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:07:38 PM

Considering the amount of coins that can potentially be sold every day just for the sake of it, we must congratulate ourselves for even price stagnation. As long as the price doesn't decrease rapidly by orders of magnitude, time is actually our friend.

Yeah, I guess you are right. I for one would like to enter a short position in a definite and clear bear market, though. And right now things seem to be as tense as never before Cheesy

ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 04:57:00 PM

If Luc is right,

3 (Weekly sma20)
2 (Daily sma200)
1 (Log trendline)

... and lift off, Bitcoin the worlds first digital currency starts to its historical wave three to be in next comming years!

then OP could very well be on to something.  Grin
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 06:42:21 AM

The only one complaining is your mom. Surely the current price is the result of the miners' selling pressure because if miners didn't sell or didn't receive a single coin the price would be higher. Now you probably want to say that miners are not the only factor and I agree but you must admit that mining still generates a lot of coins out of thin air and we can never say for sure where they end up.

You need to have people selling some bitcoin ("dumping"), else there would be no volume.. Would you rather have one big green candle pointing at 1000 USD because there are no sellers between 260 and 1000 USD?
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 12:26:57 PM

Yeah, I think one of the biggest advantages we now have may be the sheer mass of people with a lot of money lying around watching Bitcoin to see if it bubbles again at some point. If it does, they will enter. Just wait for a trend-reversal...

It is a beautiful cycle, in its own way. People get attracted to bitcoin as the price rises and quickly invest in it, giving it even more rise. This rise keeps happening as trade expands and people seem to use bitcoin adopting the currency. The trend reversal takes place and a lot of money is poured in, the hype is important. The constant hype bitcoin gets, the better it grows, the bigger it expands!
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 03:46:56 PM

If Luc is right,

3 (Weekly sma20)
2 (Daily sma200)
1 (Log trendline)

... and lift off, Bitcoin the worlds first digital currency starts to its historical wave three to be in next comming years!

then OP could very well be on to something.  Grin

Do I need to mention he said "in the coming years"? He'll come back in 2020 when the price is at $1000 again and say "i told you so" Cheesy

It won't stop at 1000$. If this is a "real" wave 3, and the run-up from wave 1 ended at 1200$, then we will see numbers of over 100k$ and the bull market will continue till +2020.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: