Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:18:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How will Pirateat40's debt repayment unfold?
He will never repay all of his debt. - 26 (66.7%)
He will repay all of his debt within one week. - 2 (5.1%)
He will repay all of his debt after more than one week. - 11 (28.2%)
Total Voters: 39

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] How will Pirateat40's debt repayment unfold?  (Read 12868 times)
finkleshnorts (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 01:45:09 PM

If anyone is positive that Pirate is a ponzi/scam, please see this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101751

I don't know how you guys feel about betting, but for those of you who really think he's full of shit, then this should be easy money for you: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101751

If you're gonna shit on this thread, that's fine. Just don't do it twice.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 06:44:55 PM

Personally I feel that Pirate will pay back every last BTC. I just joined the forum back in April and it seemed that everyone was one big happy family at first and then all of a sudden the FUD against Pirate absolutely exploded to the point where it seems people are spending their entire day on this forum warning others about the dangers of the "Pirate Ponzi". Think about it - why are people devoting so much of their time and energy worrying about other people's money for absolutely nothing in return? The only explanation I can think of is that this is some sort of psyops that was put into action to try to discredit Bitcoin and contain its rise.

Yes that is his job to make you feel good to keep you happy while robbing you blindly. But I have yet to be proven otherwise.

Time is a ticking....

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

bitsire

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 08:43:18 AM

My biggest fear is not whether or not Pirate will eventually pay back the coins - it's that once he does, the FUD will still continue to the point where nobody will want to bother taking deposits anymore.
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 09:01:05 AM

1)  I voted that he will not pay back because he is running an obvious Ponzi scam slightly updated to use BTC.  Pirate's object was to put many bitcoins into a wallet he controls, and he has done that.  He does not care about you or your lost BTC or your feelings or family.  It takes a real hard core scumbag to run a Ponzi.  This is literally a 100 yr old scam executed almost to the letter. 

2)  It is amazing how long some of the marks are holding on to hope that he pays this community the $1M+ USD he scammed from them.  It will be interesting to see which ones hold on longest. 

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 09:43:09 AM

Personally I feel that Pirate will pay back every last BTC. I just joined the forum back in April and it seemed that everyone was one big happy family at first and then all of a sudden the FUD against Pirate absolutely exploded to the point where it seems people are spending their entire day on this forum warning others about the dangers of the "Pirate Ponzi". Think about it - why are people devoting so much of their time and energy worrying about other people's money for absolutely nothing in return? The only explanation I can think of is that this is some sort of psyops that was put into action to try to discredit Bitcoin and contain its rise.

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 09:45:51 AM

Classic! I must quote this too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

-
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 09:46:52 AM

Funniest sh*t I've read in a while.  Cheesy

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 09:51:01 AM

I highly recommend this lecture:

"The Greatest Shortcoming of the Human Race is our Inability to Understand the Exponential function."
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=6A1FD147A45EF50D

Its old and poor quality and begins with things you will think are trivial and utterly obvious, but watch it entirely. Its quite an eye opener.

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 01:19:19 AM

So if you think it is not believable for a government or institution to pay people to go on forums to discredit things that aren't in their interests then you are quite naive.
It's common practice, for instance it's been a major growth area in advertising in recent years.

EDIT: Sorry, that was OT. Voted he'll pay out within a week, he's taking a big risk though. That will be one hell of a balance by now and that's a lot of temptation Wink

nobody knows exactly how much temptation except pirate  Grin
bitsire

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 06:42:21 PM

Yes that is his job to make you feel good to keep you happy while robbing you blindly. But I have yet to be proven otherwise.

Time is a ticking....

Hmm, seems like you and me have very different definitions of the term "robbing you blindly". I did not realize that when one willingly speculates on an investment and knowingly takes on a RISK in hopes of a REWARD that they are being robbed. I guess that would make Pirate a sort of confused Robin Hood who robbed from himself to pay out 7% interest to foolish investors such as myself.

Many who have been invested with Pirate for a while now have already made back far more than they put in. Next time you go to school, make sure you get on the short bus because the wittier kids on the regular bus are simply confusing you.

bitsire

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 06:51:27 PM

Vladimir, thank you very much for the link sir - I am ashamed by my ignorance. Here I was thinking that the Stockholm Syndrome referred to when a hostage begins to look kindly upon their captor, but you have taught me that it can also refer to when one has faith and trust in an individual who graciously allowed them to share in their business venture and made them fistfuls of cash in the process.

Pussy Riot will surely sing tales of your mystical Russian wisdom upon their release from the gulag!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 05:50:20 AM

Vladimir, thank you very much for the link sir - I am ashamed by my ignorance. Here I was thinking that the Stockholm Syndrome referred to when a hostage begins to look kindly upon their captor, but you have taught me that it can also refer to when one has faith and trust in an individual who graciously allowed them to share in their business venture and made them fistfuls of cash in the process.

Pussy Riot will surely sing tales of your mystical Russian wisdom upon their release from the gulag!

I just spit my drink.

Vladimir

Activity: 812

-

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 08:21:29 AM

Vladimir, thank you very much for the link sir - I am ashamed by my ignorance. Here I was thinking that the Stockholm Syndrome referred to when a hostage begins to look kindly upon their captor, but you have taught me that it can also refer to when one has faith and trust in an individual who graciously allowed them to share in their business venture and made them fistfuls of cash in the process

You are intellectually lazy, bitsire. Is it that difficult to make a connection from  people being held hostage to people's money being held hostage? Do I really need to explain you the obvious?

-
bitsire

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 09:26:02 PM

Vladimir, thank you very much for the link sir - I am ashamed by my ignorance. Here I was thinking that the Stockholm Syndrome referred to when a hostage begins to look kindly upon their captor, but you have taught me that it can also refer to when one has faith and trust in an individual who graciously allowed them to share in their business venture and made them fistfuls of cash in the process

You are intellectually lazy, bitsire. Is it that difficult to make a connection from  people being held hostage to people's money being held hostage? Do I really need to explain you the obvious?

No need to spell it out for me - I totally see your point and understand the symbolism. Pirate is like my captor, but instead of taking me against my will I voluntarily walked into his house (ignoring the fact that there was a cube van with a heart shaped window parked out front). Next, instead of tying me up and bum blasting me in the basement, he showered me with cash and told me that I was free to go at any time. However, being the greedy piggy that I am, I stayed until he finally ran out of bills. Now I'm sitting in his living room waiting for him to get back from the bank. Before he left he told me where he was going and how long it would take, but even though he calls every now and then to let me know he's on his way home, deep down I realize he's on a flight to the Lady Boy Palace in Thailand and ain't never coming back.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 09:41:34 PM

You should post more, bitsire.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 12:05:07 AM

No need to spell it out for me - I totally see your point and understand the symbolism. Pirate is like my captor, but instead of taking me against my will I voluntarily walked into his house (ignoring the fact that there was a cube van with a heart shaped window parked out front). Next, instead of tying me up and bum blasting me in the basement, he showered me with cash and told me that I was free to go at any time. However, being the greedy piggy that I am, I stayed until he finally ran out of bills. Now I'm sitting in his living room waiting for him to get back from the bank. Before he left he told me where he was going and how long it would take, but even though he calls every now and then to let me know he's on his way home, deep down I realize he's on a flight to the Lady Boy Palace in Thailand and ain't never coming back.

You are all intellectually lazy....by writing nice pitoresque and fabulous stories  smoking and mirroring the crime scene which was hertofore born out of a community spirit

with OTC Ratings and personal trust.....from there on pirate started.....may be still proud of his own reputation...went down the slippery slope of a celebrity......applauded

by the colluders ( yes all those perpetrators off the same ponzi with the oldest accounts),

feeded by coins and coins he couldn´t even attach a buiseness model to.........and spiraled BTC from uselessness after the last crash to a ponzi currency...which´s sole purpose

is to skin off the newbies to the scene....and then and thats what takes so long right now...who is allowed to run off with which percentage of the stolen funds!?

There won´t be any bitcoincommunity left, if BCST is not closed in a transparent way, where the " buiiseness model " is disclosed and common sense applied in the

aftermaths !!

There is no one fell swoop of payment coming.......so what is the payout order???

The stance in the justness of this technality  seperates the criminals from the patsys and the victims!

May some discussion begin....in community spirit where common christian values are applied.

Thanks for listening

Cheers Zyk

P.S.  Bitcoin should be managed as the new world reserve currency ponzi....not as a mining pool chain letter
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826

rippleFanatic

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 06:18:00 PM

The turn of events in the forum is quite sad. I hope that when Pirate pays everyone back we can all forget about this, and move on to more happy discussions (and stop accusing without proof, like Mathew said).

What do you (and other pirate lenders) hope happens here if pirate doesn't pay back?

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 06:24:11 PM

The turn of events in the forum is quite sad. I hope that when Pirate pays everyone back we can all forget about this, and move on to more happy discussions (and stop accusing without proof, like Mathew said).

What do you (and other pirate lenders) hope happens here if pirate doesn't pay back?

Some people will disappear lol. I know I won't. I'm assuming my mistakes, and still am 100% sure of Pirate not being a scammer (even in the event of a partial default).
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 06:25:37 PM

For the rest, we alreay saw it. Lot of deposit takers seemed to have shut down (how surprising...).

People will be more cautious maybe, I dunno.
Tittiez

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 12:40:40 AM

Interesting, it seems its a 50/50 in regards to if he will pay or not.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: