Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:31:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network  (Read 307471 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 03:49:57 AM

Currently 1.3% are for sale at Polo at 3 sats and, likely, someone will come along and dump into the 1 & 2 sat orders.  Personally, I think this is a shame.  If there is ever going to be a marketing campaign, it needs to happen soon.  If Qora gets down to a market cap of 100 or 200 BTC consistently, I don't see how it can gain any traction.  People don't buy into "dead" coins no matter how cool they are.

I'm not trying to be cynical and I do still own a LOT of qora.  But this has gotten sad.  A lot of work has been done around here and, honestly, I don't know what to do to turn this ship around. Sad

To be honest, this phase of the altcoin bear market baffles me. Good and even innovative coins get shot down for seemingly no reason. I'm even at a loss to explain why Horizon's been spared - so far.

The hard core crypto 'fans' on this forum don't have enough funds to sustain lots of alts, and many 2013 converts got burnt and left. My belief is there is a tsunami of capital waiting to see if wall st can adopt blockchain without bitcoin. If Jamie dimond and blythe masters and co can create private blockchain the game is up for all alts and bitcoin exists as a fringe curiosity. qora code would end up being used by legacy finance to make rich bankers even richer.

The other factor i see here is ordinary people don't care about crypto, but would after the global financial system blows up. Put these two together and you get a couple of scenarios:

1- private blockchains take off and banks morph into new lean mean institutions with established brands and the dream of decentralised finance goes into statis
2- private blockchains fail, global financial system blows up, bitcoin marketcap in trillions, with quality alts marketcap in billions

My BIG fear for qora and some other quality alts is we get scenario 2- but not for another 2-3 years, and by then many alts will be dead, even though they had the 'right stuff' to moon into the billions. What we need now is a use case for crypto fans to keep these quality alts alive long enough to reap the reward, and that's probably gambling.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 04:33:39 AM

I don't see why private and public blockchains can't coexist.  Private blockchains are just a centralized method of exchange which is cheaper and more efficient than current centralized methods, and public blockchains are a new decentralized method of exchange.  Why can't we have both?
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:36:27 AM

If Qora gets down to a market cap of 100 or 200 BTC consistently, I don't see how it can gain any traction.  People don't buy into "dead" coins no matter how cool they are.

I'm not trying to be cynical and I do still own a LOT of qora.  But this has gotten sad.  A lot of work has been done around here and, honestly, I don't know what to do to turn this ship around. Sad

Things look bad if you focus exclusively on price (which we all do, we're only human) but the price drop is across all alts, and in many ways the alt coin wipe-out will serve Qora if it kills off all the shit coins. I see this long bear market as a cleansing - bad coins gone, bad actors gone too. Anybody following Qora today knows it is different to every other alt coin, and unique.

Thought experiment - imagine Qora price drops to zero, what would happen then?

Would the community still run enough nodes to keep Qora alive?

Would the developers keep working on the code?

Would Qora still have any potential?

I think the answer might be YES to all the above! Maybe the devs work less, but why would they leave when the potential of Qora is still huge? The community would be small, but why would everyone leave? All alts are being hammered, so the choice would be to leave crypto all together, and I don't see everyone doing that.

I know my enthusiasm for crypto hasn't been diminished due to the recent alt market crash, but my time expectations for greater adoption have lengthened.

Early bitcoiners got involved when BTC was literally worth zero, why? Coz bitcoin and crypto are really interesting, and will change the world eventually. I don't want to see  Qora go to zero either, but I don't know if it would definitely kill if off completely, and I think if it survived long enough it would come back.
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:52:25 AM

What we need now is a use case for crypto fans to keep these quality alts alive long enough to reap the reward, and that's probably gambling.

+1
crypto types love gambling
JPred

Activity: 392

my magic is growing strong[er]

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 07:20:01 AM

faucet has been funded > so you have something to get the gambling going.

FREEDOM
xinyichao

Activity: 247

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:04:09 PM

Currently 1.3% are for sale at Polo at 3 sats and, likely, someone will come along and dump into the 1 & 2 sat orders.  Personally, I think this is a shame.  If there is ever going to be a marketing campaign, it needs to happen soon.  If Qora gets down to a market cap of 100 or 200 BTC consistently, I don't see how it can gain any traction.  People don't buy into "dead" coins no matter how cool they are.

we need to push the qora be on bter38.com  and jubi exchange platform
there need activity team to finish it.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:49:12 PM

Oh, thanks for letting us know. I recognized some days ago that the faucet run out of funds and I wanted to post it here. But now it has been done Wink

faucet has been funded > so you have something to get the gambling going.
7Pay.in

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 11:14:02 AM

who may do fork QORA???

I need some adds - voting system by shares volume etc.
pay by bitcoin

http://LITE.cash payment gateway
nxtZen

Activity: 606
Merit: 513

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 10:10:27 PM

you can add a new node 77.88.208.12 to a config. 6 months will work with guarantee
Warren.Buffet

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 10:12:02 PM

who may do fork QORA???

I need some adds - voting system by shares volume etc.
pay by bitcoin

why not just use QORA?
SISAR

Activity: 651
Merit: 518

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 05:11:03 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2015, 06:05:11 PM by SISAR

Houston, we have a problem! Few hours ago generators stopped confirming my name registrations but still processed someone else's name registration. And now there is no new block for over 60 minutes. When I restart my wallet I can see that all my non-confirmed transactions are still present on network. They are visible at http://qora.co.in/?unconfirmed as well. So what is happing here, is it some nasty bug or did someone with way too much forging power decided that he will ignore my transactions and then he went offline?

Update:

Few new blocks were created but all my transactions are still waiting confirmation.
mr angry

Activity: 298
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 06:01:01 PM

Houston, we have a problem! Few hours ago generators stopped confirming my name registrations but still processed someone else's name registration. And now there is no new block for over 50 minutes. If I restart my wallet I can see that all my non-confirmed transactions are still present on network. They are visible at http://qora.co.in/?unconfirmed as well. So what is happing here, is it some nasty bug or did someone with way too much forging power decided that he will ignore my transactions and then he went offline?

Update:

Few new blocks were created but all my transactions are still waiting confirmation.

Usually when this happens it's due to a giant wallet with a massive forging weight suddenly stopping forging leaving the difficulty too high for the small wallets. There have now been a few new blocks in the last ten minutes so the difficulty might have dropped, and your transactions might have been included in them. This is what I can see on the block explorer.

162895   2015-12-26 17:45:56 utc
162894   2015-12-26 17:45:01 utc
162893   2015-12-26 16:36:06 utc
162892   2015-12-26 16:32:09 utc
162891   2015-12-26 16:23:16 utc
162890   2015-12-26 16:20:43 utc

This also happens with POW coins when a pool with a massive hashing power starts mining a coin, then abruptly stops when it becomes unprofitable because the difficulty has become too high. I have waited hours for a block of a number of POW coins while the difficulty has become too high.
SISAR

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 06:10:22 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2015, 06:25:30 PM by SISAR

I'm aware of everything you posted but this is not your average hashrate (forging power) abuse case. For some reason my transactions stopped confirming after block 162,882 that should actualy contain 2 more transactions which were broadcasted to network much earlier then block was generated. And then at block 162,888 someone else successfuly registered "voxx" which means an intentional ignorance of my transactions, problems with transaction propagation to some nodes or some bug.
Skerberus

Activity: 909
Merit: 663

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 11:07:43 PM

I'm aware of everything you posted but this is not your average hashrate (forging power) abuse case. For some reason my transactions stopped confirming after block 162,882 that should actualy contain 2 more transactions which were broadcasted to network much earlier then block was generated. And then at block 162,888 someone else successfuly registered "voxx" which means an intentional ignorance of my transactions, problems with transaction propagation to some nodes or some bug.

If you have one unconfirmed transaction (for whatever reason) all of your following transactions will be unconfirmed too. You can clear all of your unconfirmed transaction by browsing to http://127.0.0.1:9090/index/deleteunconfirmed.html .
After that you can try it again.
SISAR

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 06:58:18 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2015, 07:44:48 AM by SISAR

If you have one unconfirmed transaction (for whatever reason) all of your following transactions will be unconfirmed too. You can clear all of your unconfirmed transaction by browsing to http://127.0.0.1:9090/index/deleteunconfirmed.html .
After that you can try it again.

Previously I have done "GET wallet/synchronize" which removed all except my last name registration "belts" and now http://127.0.0.1:9090/index/deleteunconfirmed.html removed that name registration as well but there are still my 50 name registrations and my 1 payment still unconfirmed at http://qora.co.in/?unconfirmed for total of 51 unconfirmed transactions. Based on what you said it seems those transactions will never be confirmed because they are all linked to QPFsbXuM1d66s2AWGBrXSzFyS88QV6YGUH which went crazy at some point.

Out of curiousity and to check it is not all because only my wallet is broken I have withdrew 1,000 QORA from Poloniex and there at first I got ERROR message but then after webpage reload transaction was shown as supposedly sent, with tx ID 3jomyh1AE48FN29moMsyUKLyyNscv452WRUt7jobZoQX7yxVmuF1U4yr1VT5f6QmVqAGtk2aqZBHDZr Awmm7jgX which is not shown at explorer or my wallet. But there is however someone's 1 payment confirmed at block 162,995 so right now I have no other explanation besides that at some point the network splitted in two (hard-fork).

I forgot to mention that while I was registering names I was getting an error message every few hours that my copy of blockchain is not synchronized and wallet was auto-starting a full (re)sync.

Please try to deposit or withdraw some small amount of coins from Poloniex and let me know how it ended for you.
keats3

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 01:44:11 PM

I tried a small withdrawal from poloniex, but all it's showing is "COMPLETE: ERROR". There is no transaction ID shown, and my wallet on poloniex shows it hasn't had any coins withdrawn from it.

This must be poloniex's wallet QPVknSmwDryB98Hh8xB7E6U75dGFYwNkJ4 because my coins from my last poloniex deposit were swept into it.

It contains over two billion coins, and forged most blocks until block 162891 on 2015-12-26 16:23:16 utc. After that it hasn't forged a block. Is poloniex's wallet resyncing?

SISAR

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 02:26:31 PM

As previously stated, my first Poloniex withdrawal had "COMPLETE: ERROR" but then after webpage reload it changed to proccessed with posted tx ID. Some time later I withdrew coins again and got "COMPLETE: ERROR" which is not changing status. I have warned Poloniex mods about the problem and they said they will check it, that was few hours ago. Their wallet should take no more than 10 minutes to resync unless they are syncing from scratch. But QPVknSmwDryB98Hh8xB7E6U75dGFYwNkJ4 is still not forging. Fingers crossed it is not some bigger issue.

In the meantime I have continued successfuly registering names with my other addresses but my address QPFsbXuM1d66s2AWGBrXSzFyS88QV6YGUH is definitely bugged somewhere, there are now 61 transactions pending all related to that address.

http://qora.co.in/?unconfirmed
SISAR

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 04:45:21 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2015, 04:59:40 PM by SISAR

hello. i can upload in blockchain small file 139 kb? And how i can download his after 1-2 years?

You can upload arbitrary data into the namestorage of your name. So open your Qora client: In order to use the namestorage you need to register a name, if you don't have a name yet you can register one here (names must be lowercase!) http://127.0.0.1:9090/registername . After that browse to http://127.0.0.1:9090/index/namestorage.html . Choose your name from the dropdown menu. After that choose a key under which you will find the file later (e.g. myfile.txt). Use the browse button and choose your file and press upload. After that is done you need to press the submit button to upload it into blockchain and approve the security call. Keep in mind that there is a 50 transaction per batch restriction at the moment, so if your file exceeds that limit uploading it will be forbidden, so 139KB might be too much if it can't be compressed well.
Keep in mind that the namestorage is public so after uploading the file everyone will be able to download that file here http://127.0.0.1:9090/yourname/yourkey so you need to encrypt it yourself if you don't want others to read the content.

Can I read up somewhere on how exactly that storage works ?

Here is a common explanation:
What is NameStorage?
The NameStorage is basically a decentralized data storage that is tied to names that can be registered or bought through name exchange. The NameStorage allows the owner of the corresponding name to store arbitrary data (e.g. pictures, files) in the NameStorage. Only the owner of a name can change the corresponding NameStorage, but everyone can access the uploaded data in an easy way. The data is stored with the help of special arbitrary transactions that have the service number 10. The NameStorage itself is key/value based which means you store the data under a key which will be in most cases the name of the file.

Feel free to ask any more questions.

Thanks but I was talking about a more technical explanation:) Looking at the blockexplorer it seems they are simply stored as base64 though rigtht ?

That is correct, keep in mind that an arbitrary transaction has a size limit, the namestorage not. So basically you "feed" the namestorage with (multiple) arbitrary transactions and the content is stored in a key/value map so that it can be accessed in a fast and easy way, completly transparent for the user. The whole social network and qora web is based on this namestorage technology.

I got result as expected ( http://127.0.0.1:9090/cabal/cabal_archon.jpg ) but wallet highly miscalculated required number of transactions and fee. Image was uploaded using 11 transactions and 243 QORA but wallet stated, before submitting uploaded image, that it will require 27 transactions and like 3,144 QORA for the job. Also after my wallet created and broadcasted those 11 transactions it started acting weird, upon attempting to switch to Accounts or Naming service (main window) or Blocks (Debug window) I was getting insane amount of errors and wallet was pretty much unusable so I had to restart it which happened but only after 2nd quit attempt via File menu.

After a restart Naming service became unusable (possibly something else as well, had no time to check) with some errors reported. After another restart wallet started resyncing the blockchain and only after resyncing was complete wallet returned to normal operation.

Way too many bugs.
Skerberus

Activity: 909
Merit: 663

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 05:12:00 PM

hello. i can upload in blockchain small file 139 kb? And how i can download his after 1-2 years?

You can upload arbitrary data into the namestorage of your name. So open your Qora client: In order to use the namestorage you need to register a name, if you don't have a name yet you can register one here (names must be lowercase!) http://127.0.0.1:9090/registername . After that browse to http://127.0.0.1:9090/index/namestorage.html . Choose your name from the dropdown menu. After that choose a key under which you will find the file later (e.g. myfile.txt). Use the browse button and choose your file and press upload. After that is done you need to press the submit button to upload it into blockchain and approve the security call. Keep in mind that there is a 50 transaction per batch restriction at the moment, so if your file exceeds that limit uploading it will be forbidden, so 139KB might be too much if it can't be compressed well.
Keep in mind that the namestorage is public so after uploading the file everyone will be able to download that file here http://127.0.0.1:9090/yourname/yourkey so you need to encrypt it yourself if you don't want others to read the content.

Can I read up somewhere on how exactly that storage works ?

Here is a common explanation:
What is NameStorage?
The NameStorage is basically a decentralized data storage that is tied to names that can be registered or bought through name exchange. The NameStorage allows the owner of the corresponding name to store arbitrary data (e.g. pictures, files) in the NameStorage. Only the owner of a name can change the corresponding NameStorage, but everyone can access the uploaded data in an easy way. The data is stored with the help of special arbitrary transactions that have the service number 10. The NameStorage itself is key/value based which means you store the data under a key which will be in most cases the name of the file.

Feel free to ask any more questions.

Thanks but I was talking about a more technical explanation:) Looking at the blockexplorer it seems they are simply stored as base64 though rigtht ?

That is correct, keep in mind that an arbitrary transaction has a size limit, the namestorage not. So basically you "feed" the namestorage with (multiple) arbitrary transactions and the content is stored in a key/value map so that it can be accessed in a fast and easy way, completly transparent for the user. The whole social network and qora web is based on this namestorage technology.

I got result as expected ( http://127.0.0.1:9090/cabal/cabal_archon.jpg ) but wallet highly miscalculated required number of transactions and fee. Image was uploaded using 11 transactions and 243 QORA but wallet stated, before submitting uploaded image, that it will require 27 transactions and like 3,144 QORA for the job. Also after my wallet created and broadcasted those 11 transactions it started acting weird, upon attempting to switch to Accounts or Naming service (main window) or Blocks (Debug window) I was getting insane amount of errors and wallet was pretty much unusable so I had to restart it which happened but only after 2nd quit attempt via File menu.

After a restart Naming service became unusable (possibly something else as well, had no time to check) with some errors reported. After another restart wallet started resyncing the blockchain and only after resyncing was complete wallet returned to normal operation.

Way too many bugs.

Hi there Smiley,
I checked your picture and get the following in the security question:
"Because of the size of the data this call will create 11 transactions.
All Arbitrary Transactions will cost: 243.00000000 Qora."
So this looks correct to me. Can you please try again ( of course you can deny the api call, so there is no need for you to upload it again).
The gui issues are known, we will move the wallet into the qora web in the future so it will be lightweight and most likely won't have those issues.

SISAR

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 02:24:04 PM

Retried and now wallet reports everything correctly.  Huh
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: