Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:58:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: btccharts.com  (Read 39924 times)
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 05:39:29 PM

A few more things I noticed:

1) Bitfloor order book is not complete. Elsewhere someone mentioned they have two APIs, one with complete orderbook.

2) Bitfloor buys show up as red on the sale chart ,while sells show up as green. I am not sure if this is true for any other exchanges.

3) A toggle to hide the date information could be useful.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
invader

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 12:32:50 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2012, 12:45:16 PM by invader

i really decided to post just to say thanks to creator of btccharts for what was before changes, as i was using this service and was quite happy with it's speed and functionality before last updates. i don't like last new design change - in my opinion it works slower , less informative configuration, absense of white theme. but as long as it was free i has nothing to complain about. everything is changing and there is a lot of things we can't stop changing even if we like as it was before. but now when i noticed login bar, and the last useful bits of even that slow config was removed - i totally disappointed in this service. first - if i gonna pay for it - i must say that i would like to pay for older version, not new one. second - i found the use-fee is too high - if i pay for a month of use it costs me a half what i pay to my ISP. third - even if you say "pay when you need it" - i don't want to pay every time before i use it as i don't do hard daytrading most of the time, but i often use service as one of browser tabs which i can monitor for price and switch to it fast if i want to look for details and/or begin trading.
so to say finally, again thanks for past times of such service, and i also think you deserve to earn money with it - but personally i don't like this way so if you totally close the site to allow registered users only in next step - i probably then will have a kickstart to finish my own market monitoring routine with the output i like for myself and just add some load to gox servers while fetching their markets data.
Miner99er

Activity: 310

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 08:34:37 AM

Pay. I ROFLED when I read it...

Now I can't scroll...

Guess I don't need to use the site anymore.

Bought From Yochdogx2, Alexmat, SgtSpike, David_Benz, Beaflag VonRathburg, Slaveindebt, Cptmooseinc, Coinhoarder

Donations? SURE! 16foPr8FAjYXKL8ApQAzihnigXm1qNhi8Q

http://pyramining.com/referral/yfab9med7   
http://pyramining.com/referral/ahmc7en6z
http://pyramining.com/referral/pagndq4xc   
http://pyramining.com/referral/79b2gmrzx
http://pyramining.com/referral/e2ghz4asy
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 09:06:23 AM

Pay. I ROFLED when I read it...

guess if mtgoxlive had taken the challenge and kept up with development I would have rofled, too but now I see no real competitor Sad But I'm sure there will be.

Anyway: I tried the payment feature and I'm very frustrated about having to log in 5 times per day without my password manager managing a damn thing. Can you make the login html based somehow, so the default managers can kick in. This is for sure one more reason not to pay again.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
bzzard (OP)

Activity: 398

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 09:16:59 AM

Anyway: I tried the payment feature and I'm very frustrated about having to log in 5 times per day without my password manager managing a damn thing. Can you make the login html based somehow, so the default managers can kick in. This is for sure one more reason not to pay again.
Please send me your login to PM - I will check some stuff.

And guys, this site is 10 months hard work of developer with 13 years of experience. Do you think someone will spend so much time on site to give it just for free? Be happy that you have still at least one live service that will show you current trades and ob when big moves are going on.

BTCCharts.com - still for free!
Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 03:15:16 PM

And guys, this site is 10 months hard work of developer with 13 years of experience. Do you think someone will spend so much time on site to give it just for free? Be happy that you have still at least one live service that will show you current trades and ob when big moves are going on.

Nobody is complaining that you are charging, they are complaining because you are making unwanted changes AND charging.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 06:31:57 PM

I also have my projects that started as free projects with the intention to charge later. I'm also pissed, when people are disrespectful of my hard work.
My replies are hopefully not perceived as disrespectful. I try to give you my most honest feedback on who might be willing to pay how much and don't try to make you believe nobody's gonna pay anyway. People that complain about my app I point to my closest up competition. If they still nag, apparently I have what they want and there is nothing wrong with charging them whatever amount. In the end nobody is forced to pay. This approach clearly only works if you are the best in the field which you at the moment are, too.

My request to charge less was only as I find the step from paying nothing for a good service to paying a lot for the full product too steep. If you charge according to modules used, price scales both better with user's benefit and with your server load. I'm actually not using at all those modules (after i tried them all once) and the only incentive to pay is to get the total trade volume over a picked time frame.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
bzzard (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 11:06:32 PM

A few more things I noticed:

1) Bitfloor order book is not complete. Elsewhere someone mentioned they have two APIs, one with complete orderbook.
I've contacted with them in this case. Full order book is available only by socketIO - this technology is banned for me. We must wait until they implement full orderbook. I really have no idea why they are afraid a little more traffic, it's so cheap. You can always bug them by the mail Wink

2) Bitfloor buys show up as red on the sale chart ,while sells show up as green. I am not sure if this is true for any other exchanges.
I've checked this case and it looking good at my code. Maybe bitfloor have this inverted. Anyway, I've inverted this at my code. Case with small trades range is the same as with orderbook - their API is passing just last 100 trades. I can get trades before but I don't want to spend time on this because this is only exchange that have such issue.

3) A toggle to hide the date information could be useful.

Check out: http://btccharts.com/forum/index.php?topic=4.msg12#msg12

bzzard (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 02:17:45 AM

I'm closing this topic. Please continue discussion at http://btccharts.com/forum/index.php

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  All
  Print  

Jump to: