News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Supply Reduction:
10,000 to 1 - 20 (57.1%)
1,000 to 1 - 8 (22.9%)
Do not reduce - 7 (20%)
Total Voters: 35

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DSH] Dashcoin (Cryptonote) UPDATE: New source/wallets+GUI - 1.0.10  (Read 157855 times)
DashCoinInfo (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 11:19:54 PM

Community Update #4 - 4/15/16  - Wallet updates and Blocksize change

1) 1.0.10 - New Source and Wallet Links have been updated within the OP
2) New GUI wallet also available
3) Block size change from 20,000 to 100,000. Hard fork when 90% mine with the latest update. Will fix the issues with the unconfirmed transactions.
4) Some Eye Candy: Stats and Charts - http://democats.org/charts/?name=dashcoin
5) Contacting Exchanges

Thank you!

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 02:18:16 AM

the GUI wallet looks nice..

Dashcoin should be newbie friendly from now on.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 06:02:16 AM

HI
I am a new to dashcoin, and i just install my wallet and want to make transaction and i am confused what to do with id payment, can anyone explain to me how can i know what is my id payment or how to find it please
thank u Smiley

you can send coins without using payment id, if you will send coins to poloniex exchange, payment id is required though..

haven't generated payment id for myself...anybody who can teach how?

If you mean a new payment ID in poloniex, they have disable that possibility.

no, I mean generating payment ID from my PC, using our dashcoin wallet...I believe this is what NEKOGAMI is asking.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 01:41:21 PM

HI
I am a new to dashcoin, and i just install my wallet and want to make transaction and i am confused what to do with id payment, can anyone explain to me how can i know what is my id payment or how to find it please
thank u Smiley

you can send coins without using payment id, if you will send coins to poloniex exchange, payment id is required though..

no, I mean generating payment ID from my PC, using our dashcoin wallet...I believe this is what NEKOGAMI is asking.

It's just a random hex string (well, doesn't have to be random, but it is a 64 character hex string). You can do it in a one-line function with python like:
Code:
# Generate random hex strings for payment id
def gen_paymentid():
   return ''.join([random.choice('0123456789ABCDEF') for x in range(64)])

Or you can use this website:
https://www.randomlists.com/random-hex
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 01:58:56 PM

HI
thank u Smiley

It's just a random hex string (well, doesn't have to be random, but it is a 64 character hex string). You can do it in a one-line function with python like:
Code:
# Generate random hex strings for payment id
def gen_paymentid():
   return ''.join([random.choice('0123456789ABCDEF') for x in range(64)])

Or you can use this website:
https://www.randomlists.com/random-hex

thanks..I've read that using payment ID is useful to prove a transaction came from whom, that's why poloniex required the use of this.

I think it would be useful for the GUI wallet to have a 64 hex character string generator and in the address book too for record keeping.

@ NEKOGAMI

there is your answer.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 11:28:07 PM

Community Update #4 - 4/15/16  - Wallet updates and Blocksize change

1) 1.0.10 - New Source and Wallet Links have been updated within the OP
2) New GUI wallet also available
3) Block size change from 20,000 to 100,000. Hard fork when 90% mine with the latest update. Will fix the issues with the unconfirmed transactions.
4) Some Eye Candy: Stats and Charts - http://democats.org/charts/?name=dashcoin
5) Contacting Exchanges

Thank you!

Nice work on the quick merge.
kokonit

Activity: 53

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 02:19:06 AM

Nice work on the update. Is it adopted by any exchanges yet?
Anybody else thinking a name change is a good idea by the way?
Xommam

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 05:04:53 PM

First, A big thanks to those who have been working hard to keep the project alive!

I've mined DSH since the early days and have always liked the name and logo. So, I understand if people in the community might feel hesitant to give it up. However, It seems like the coin has been undervalued since the name was stolen.

I agree with kokonit that a name change could be good and help clear the confusion for newcomers just discovering this coin. It might be a good way for us all to look to the future.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 01:42:46 AM

playing a little bit innocent? we have already an exchange for a long time https://poloniex.com/exchange#xmr_dsh

First, A big thanks to those who have been working hard to keep the project alive!

I've mined DSH since the early days and have always liked the name and logo. So, I understand if people in the community might feel hesitant to give it up. However, It seems like the coin has been undervalued since the name was stolen.

I agree with kokonit that a name change could be good and help clear the confusion for newcomers just discovering this coin. It might be a good way for us all to look to the future.

you and the other newbie account (kokonit), first post post are both dashcoin..kokonit post are only in two altcoin btw dashcoin and DASH (darkcoin)

confusion? personally I prefer that they discover what happened and learn the power of decentralization by not backing down from DASH (darkcoin) interest.

and also if there is a confusion, dashcoin is the one benefiting, why? because DSH is the cheaper, undervalued, underdog coin  Wink

=========================================

now let's discuss the name dashcoin and the pros and cons of changing and not changing it..

what are your suggestions? (this will be fun  Grin )

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 04:23:21 AM

May I be the first to suggest jwintermcoin, I feel as though it just rolls off the tongue Tongue
Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 04:46:02 AM

Just give it few more months trolls and your darkcoin will be renamed for the 4th (or 5th time, lost count) and you wont be concerned about Dashcoin name anymore.

kokonit

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 05:31:12 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2016, 10:41:43 AM by kokonit

arielbit I have more than 0 DSH and 0 DASH

My question was did Poloniex or HitBTC updated their wallet, because I want to withdraw my coins. This is an impossible task if they did not update. I don't feel it is good my coins to be stored on exchanges only. If Poloniex or HitBTC collapse for any reason this coin is simply dead.

I also think it is good to discuss the pros and cons about keeping the "Dashcoin" name. I understand it is not a trivial task. To be fair I seriously doubt we have the organisational potential to do it.
Pros:
- It is a quite good name actually
- No need to rework the site
- No need for new logo
- No need for contact all the sites to change the name and logo  (not trivial at all)

Cons:
- Dashcoin search in google will lead you to DASH website. dashcoin.info is at 2nd page. New users cannot find us.
- Dashcoin have no identity. Users think it is Dash
- Minergate chatbox is constantly flooded with messages from users confusing Dashcoin with DASH. I am sure they are not the only ones. Pools and exchanges have extra expenses because of this. Unaffiliated users trend to think we are scam because of this.

Kushedout DASH will not change its name anymore, unless it dies.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 07:28:49 AM

- Dashcoin search in google will lead you to DASH website. dashcoin.info is at 2nd page. New users cannot find us.

I realize google searches can be different for different users but that is certainly NOT the result I get. If I search for "dashcoin" I get this thread as the very top result. If I search for "dash coin" I get this thread as one of the links in the second result.

Dashcoin have no identity. Users thinks it is Dash

Speak for yourself.

Kushedout DASH will not change its name anymore, unless it dies.

The track record says otherwise. There is massive confusion and inherently poor SEO due to so many other uses of the word. Again YMMV with google, but my first result is the Kardashians' stores, the second is an OS X utility, the third is an online tutorial for HTML, the fourth is the wikipedia entry for the punctuation symbol, the fifth is a mass transit system in Los Angeles, well down on the page in sixth is the coin formerly known as Darkcoin/X-coin, and, somewhat unbelievably, the seventh is another mobile payment app that has nothing to do with the coin.

Frankly, and not only for the above reasons but those are certainly good ones, "Dash" is a terrible, terrible name. At least "Dashcoin" tells you what the hell it is.

kokonit

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 12:45:57 PM

BTC-e just added Dash with ticker DSH. Please tell me again how Dashcoin currently have any identity for a new user.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 02:30:23 PM

for those who think DSH does not look good on BTC-e

LOL  Grin

BTC-e just added Dash with ticker DSH. Please tell me again how Dashcoin currently have any identity for a new user.

DSH ticker symbol is the identity of dashcoin..

a coin named dash is dashcoin..

released in july, 2014..

....... let the whole word deal with that!  Cool
Xommam

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 09:08:11 PM

...darkcoin will be renamed for the 4th (or 5th time, lost count)...

haha OK, good point. I guess another re-brand for darkcoin wouldn't be that surprising. Let's hope for that!

confusion? personally I prefer that they discover what happened and learn the power of decentralization by not backing down from DASH (darkcoin) interest.

and also if there is a confusion, dashcoin is the one benefiting, why? because DSH is the cheaper, undervalued, underdog coin  Wink
I'm not convinced that the confusion is always beneficial to DSH. The situation isn't great. But, you're right that patience could pay off in the long term and demonstrate strength and stability. Maybe that's more important. Sorry if I offended/overstepped with my first post here.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 02:42:46 AM

The identity is that of The Real Dashcoin, before that other coin ripped off the name and tried to bully this one. Let new users come and learn about it.

kokonit

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 01:18:23 PM

dashcoin.info displays "Internal Server Error"
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 01:19:55 PM

The identity is that of The Real Dashcoin, before that other coin ripped off the name and tried to bully this one. Let new users come and learn about it.

in other words this name "Dashcoin" and ticker symbol "DSH" has a story..and i like it  Cheesy
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 04:29:58 AM

the GUI wallet should use "DSH" more

like..

balance       1000 DSH
unconfirmed      0 DSH

we have to maximize "DSH" exposure, it is ours.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: