News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Supply Reduction:
10,000 to 1 - 20 (57.1%)
1,000 to 1 - 8 (22.9%)
Do not reduce - 7 (20%)
Total Voters: 35

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DSH] Dashcoin (Cryptonote) UPDATE: New source/wallets+GUI - 1.0.10  (Read 157839 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 12:45:37 AM

Whether or not it will have any short term effect, I still urge all members of the Dashcoin community to contact btc-e and request that they stop creating confusion by using Dashcoin's DSH ticker to identify another coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dihydrogenmonoxide

Activity: 197
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 05:13:49 AM

Whether or not it will have any short term effect, I still urge all members of the Dashcoin community to contact btc-e and request that they stop creating confusion by using Dashcoin's DSH ticker to identify another coin.

This is exactly what i have proposed to a Dashcoin community member, but it got rejected:

congratulations for your coin being added to BTC-e

[...]

DSH is Dashcoin's ticker symbol

Thanks for the heads up, we did not notice this yet. Must be a typo. Could you please report it to BTC-e support?

I am afraid, that their system is only capable for 3 char tickers. Like it was the case with bitfinex in the past.

why me?? it is your coin written in another coin's (Dashcoin's original since July 2014) ticker symbol ..you should be concerned...or you really want DSH ticker symbol ha??  Grin well tough luck my friend Dashcoin isn't going anywhere.

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong is to let him have his own way." - Josh Billings
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 05:24:22 AM

This is exactly what i have proposed to a Dashcoin community member, but it got rejected:

[...]

Thanks for the heads up, we did not notice this yet. Must be a typo. Could you please report it to BTC-e support?

I am afraid, that their system is only capable for 3 char tickers. Like it was the case with bitfinex in the past.

why me?? it is your coin written in another coin's (Dashcoin's original since July 2014) ticker symbol ..you should be concerned...or you really want DSH ticker symbol ha??  Grin well tough luck my friend Dashcoin isn't going anywhere.

I just asked why me?? ... it is not rejection, It seems you wanted your DASH (darkcoin) to be called DSH hmmm.

how about we both ask BTC-e? ..fair enough? both our coins are misinterpreted..makes sense we both do something about it, right?
dihydrogenmonoxide

Activity: 197
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 05:52:10 AM

[...]

I just asked why me?? ... it is not rejection, It seems you wanted your DASH (darkcoin) to be called DSH hmmm.

how about we both ask BTC-e? ..fair enough? both our coins are misinterpreted..makes sense we both do something about it, right?

I have already reported it to btc-e yesterday. Sad to see you did not yet, since this typo is surely creating a lot of confusion for your community...

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong is to let him have his own way." - Josh Billings
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 08:41:08 AM

[...]

why me?? it is your coin written in another coin's (Dashcoin's original since July 2014) ticker symbol ..you should be concerned...or you really want DSH ticker symbol ha??  Grin well tough luck my friend Dashcoin isn't going anywhere.

I have already reported it to btc-e yesterday. Sad to see you did not yet, since this typo is surely creating a lot of confusion for your community...

It is certainly not causing confusion here. Everyone here knows the real and original [DSH] dashcoin from the copycat. What it may do is create confusion among others, which is why btc-e should stop using the wrong symbol. Thank you for your assistance in asking them to fix it.

Macrochip

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2016, 09:40:16 AM

we own the original dashcoin git.

Official Statement On Rebranding To Dash:
"Months ago the community organically came up with the name “Dash” as a possible rebranding idea of Darkcoin, I took notice of this and the good deal of support it had in the forums. This lead to us researching the Dash brand for a few months. In the process of doing some investigation, we found that there was another company in the financial space that was filing a trademark. This resulted in me buying another coin “Dashcoin” and challenging their trademark application."
"we were in control of the Dashcoin project. Acquiring Dashcoin is no different than getting a previously existing domain name, the acquired project itself will not continue only the DRK project will move forward under a new name."
https://dashtalk.org/threads/official-statement-on-rebranding-to-dash.4297/

Dash Birthday / Trademark Resolution / Blocksize Limitation:
"We are also happy to announce the legal procedures have concluded and we and our service providers can safely use the brand Dash in everything that relates to virtual currencies. With this Dash becomes one of the few cryptocurrency projects with well-defined trademark rights."
https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-birthday-trademark-resolution-blocksize-limitation.7696/#post-79144

Dash Cryptocurrency Secures Trademark Rights, Moves to Increase Block Size to 2 MB
http://allcoinsnews.com/2016/01/19/dash-cryptocurrency-secures-trademark-rights-moves-to-increase-block-size-to-2-mb/

"the acquired project will not continue"

what you mean by "the acquired project will not continue"
have any news, will change the name or what?

the acquired project itself will not continue only the DRK project will move forward under a new name

ie coin will live? nothing except the name and developers will not change?
all the dashcoins in safety?

Your coins are fine, of course. If you want the code to be upgraded/maintained/fixed(if it breaks), you better find a new developer to do it, because the original developer has sold out and the acquirer has said he won't be continuing it.

It is a fair question, development of "Dashcoin" will stay frozen and the Github will be locked. The original developer decided not to continue with that project and our focus is DASH. You are all welcome to join the DASH community if you wish to, it is a really promising project.

lold. so this end?

acquiring Dashcoin is no different than getting a previously existing domain name, the acquired project itself will not continue only the DRK project will move forward under a new name

it looks like it  Sad
Dashcoin officially died over 1 year ago Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Trying to backpeddle on your own words now, shitcoiners? How mad are you?  Tongue

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 09:53:39 AM

Funny thing, Macrochip, despite all those heavy-handed attempts by Evan & Co to kill Dashcoin, it is still here, going strong with a dramatically higher market cap than last year, and just had a new update a few weeks ago.

It turns out you taken by slb, and bought nothing more than a worthless, now abandoned, repo. Boo, fucking hoo.

DSH - The real Dashcoin
Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2016, 10:11:25 AM

kokonit

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 01:03:52 PM

It is 4 times more valuable now compared to March '15 despite DASH. Enough said.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 01:19:39 PM

It is a fair question, development of "Dashcoin" will stay frozen and the Github will be locked. The original developer decided not to continue with that project and our focus is DASH. You are all welcome to join the DASH community if you wish to, it is a really promising project.

lold. so this end?

acquiring Dashcoin is no different than getting a previously existing domain name, the acquired project itself will not continue only the DRK project will move forward under a new name

it looks like it  Sad
Dashcoin officially died over 1 year ago Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Trying to backpeddle on your own words now, shitcoiners? How mad are you?  Tongue

yup it looks like it...

it is what Evan Duffield and his cohorts are trying to do...

we fought back didn't we? and we are still standing  Cheesy
lewis.jr

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 06:45:22 PM

is this coin still mineable in minergate? just curiosity....
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 02:46:58 AM

is this coin still mineable in minergate? just curiosity....

Looks that way https://minergate.com/pool-stats/dsh
Farty Mcfly

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 11:15:00 PM

https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/dashcoin/usd

Anyone want to take a gander at what happened from April 25th to May 2nd? Why did the price rise up so much? Why did it fall? Did people mistake DSH for Dash again? What can we do to increase the value again? Lastly, can people trade from HitBTC if you are from NYC.

I know its a lot of questions, I am a noob to the ALT coin world. Thank you in advance if for answering any of the questions.

Regards,

Farty
kokonit

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 06:59:39 AM

https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/dashcoin/usd

Anyone want to take a gander at what happened from April 25th to May 2nd? Why did the price rise up so much? Why did it fall? Did people mistake DSH for Dash again? What can we do to increase the value again? Lastly, can people trade from HitBTC if you are from NYC.

I know its a lot of questions, I am a noob to the ALT coin world. Thank you in advance if for answering any of the questions.

Regards,

Farty
It is because BTC-e is using the DSH ticker for Dash. Coingecko is aggregating information automatically. If exchange is using a wrong ticker, it confuses their scripts.
_nur

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 01:27:22 AM

any paper wallet?
Farty Mcfly

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 04:51:11 PM

Did the developers give up? When you go to http://dashcoin.info/ and go to the FAQs page, its a page not found. When you go to Coingecko and you look at Developer percentage its 12% out of like a 100%. 
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 03:20:59 AM

Did the developers give up? When you go to http://dashcoin.info/ and go to the FAQs page, its a page not found. When you go to Coingecko and you look at Developer percentage its 12% out of like a 100%. 

There's not really a developer, per se. It's just supposed to mirror Bytecoin's development, without the 80+% premine, which I believe it's up-to-date with.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 06:51:24 AM

any paper wallet?

You can try this one: http://xmrtests.llcoins.net

It is a little bit noob-unfriendly in my opinion but if you follow the directions carefully it should work. I would try it with a small test amount first, then redo using the same steps for a real paper wallet.
Farty Mcfly

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 03:25:00 PM

What would happen to Dashcoin if the Bytecoin network were to go down?
papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 03:48:37 PM

What would happen to Dashcoin if the Bytecoin network were to go down?

It would keep on going. Different chain.

Maybe it would stop being a clone and begin active development. Maybe.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: