Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:17:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: #BTCST Updates. Latest: August 28th 6:16PM EST  (Read 25000 times)
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 07:39:32 PM

No he did; in IRC at the time of closing.  Now he may have been full of shit but all the guesstimates and theories were based on that.

Also dammit I used the wrong account to post that & this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Electricbees

Activity: 322

We are bees, and we hate you.

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 09:45:24 PM

Anddddddddddd...
Everyone's fucked. Moving on...

Donations are welcome!
1BEES19ds5gEnRBoU1qNFPfjRXe94trMG3
Shadow383

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 11:37:46 PM

No he did; in IRC at the time of closing.  Now he may have been full of shit but all the guesstimates and theories were based on that.

I missed that then. Then again, it seems entirely plausible Pirate would refer to the number of coins in his wallet(s) instead of the principals + fictional accumulated interest.

yup.  He was talking about how much he got away with.

That bad boy:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=94675.0   had 500k ish BTC in it, the wallet was built over the course of 2012.

Best fit numbers for this scam:

1,000,000 BTC on paper

~700k BTC collected

~200k BTC paid out in interest over this year, most of it last 3-6 weeks

~500k BTC left when he now owes ~70k/wk BTC on paper,  some will take only interest out, most leave it in, but then with the interest takers + a few principal withdraws, the writing was on the wall for Pirate that he'd be broke in just a few short weeks of interest + withdraws, so just stop now with 500k+ BTC.

This makes no sense... I thought it was already confirmed that the big account belonged to silk road. It makes perfect sense.
How?
Why would the silk road:

1-Make 80k in withdrawals coinciding with pirate's attempt to "manipulate the market" with big selloffs when the price hit $9?
2-Suddenly decide to start emptying the address and laundering the coins as soon as BS&T collapsed?
Phraust

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

Mostly Harmless...

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 02:52:39 AM

Suddenly decide to start emptying the address and laundering the coins as soon as BS&T collapsed so much attention was drawn to it?
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 10:21:28 AM

Suddenly decide to start emptying the address and laundering the coins as soon as BS&T collapsed so much attention was drawn to it?

+1

biggest reason for it being Pirate booty is that nothing else - I mean nothing else in the entire BTC universe makes sense to have 5% of bitcoins in 1 wallet, built starting early this year until BCST busto. Nothing else it could be.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 12:30:13 PM

biggest reason for it being Pirate booty is that nothing else - I mean nothing else in the entire BTC universe makes sense to have 5% of bitcoins in 1 wallet, built starting early this year until BCST busto. Nothing else it could be.

MtGox moved about 424242 coins at the same time after the hack to prove they were still in control of them, and they probably have more now. ArtFortz mined a huge amount of the coins in the beginning so if he hasn't sold as many as he said he may have twice that amount. Some unknown rich guy may even just have bought that amount speculating that the price will rise.
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 12:36:25 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2012, 06:39:33 PM by sadpandatech

MtGox moved about 424242 coins at the same time after the hack to prove they were still in control of them, and they probably have more now. ArtFortz mined a huge amount of the coins in the beginning so if he hasn't sold as many as he said he may have twice that amount. Some unknown rich guy may even just have bought that amount speculating that the price will rise.

That and we have not done any technical analysis to link the 1Dky address definitively to any other entity at this time.

With the publicly and not so publicly available addresses (very few thus far) that I have acquired from despositors/receivers of BS&T, there was only a superficial link to that address. It was not enough beyond what you can find with most active addresses to make a determination. Hopefully more data will come available soon and we can make that determination.

And, Micon give it the fuck up already. You are not touching on anything new at all. We have been discussing the possible link to that address for months and many have been tracking coins in and out of it for even longer.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 02:38:45 PM

While they may have such amount of coins, neither MtGox or ArtFortz would be likely to build up a wallet like this over the past 6 months, and then liquidate it just when pirate fails.

We may never know for sure, but unless someone other than pirate stands up and proves ownership of that wallet,  its definitely the best hypothesis available..

ErebusBat

Activity: 560

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 06:36:42 PM

While they may have such amount of coins, neither MtGox or ArtFortz would be likely to build up a wallet like this over the past 6 months, and then liquidate it just when pirate fails.

We may never know for sure, but unless someone other than pirate stands up and proves ownership of that wallet,  its definitely the best hypothesis available..
While I do agree that this is likely the main BTCST wallet your statement of MtGox liquidating doesn't really make sense.

If this were some sort of MtGox cold/long-term storage then:

1. They would probably move large (10+k) batches at a time
 2. As they were used in the exchange it would appear as laundering due to the wide audience of gox.  Someone else used the term "bees with diabetes"

So it is quite possible that it is something other than the pirate wallet, even though a lot of things do fit for BTCST

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 08:17:11 PM

While I do agree that this is likely the main BTCST wallet your statement of MtGox liquidating doesn't really make sense.

If this were some sort of MtGox cold/long-term storage then:

1. They would probably move large (10+k) batches at a time
 2. As they were used in the exchange it would appear as laundering due to the wide audience of gox.  Someone else used the term "bees with diabetes"

So it is quite possible that it is something other than the pirate wallet, even though a lot of things do fit for BTCST

Has anyone asked magicaltux?

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
ehmdjii

Activity: 351

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:22:39 PM

does anyone have a log from what has been said by pirate on #btcst last night?

BTC: 1LsD5HpnX1Kfyti7CnHiVB1rjUEXGqmR2H
LTC: LQbpdMZmYyJa9bJG6NweBNxkSTfgZorkrG
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:29:34 PM

I was there, and he provided no information other than stating that he was not involved in zeek rewards.
vampire (OP)

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:32:50 PM

16:55 <@pirateat40> bot
16:56 <@pirateat40> I told him
16:56 <@pirateat40> TuxBlackEdo, no sorry you're stuck here.
16:58 <@pirateat40> tbcoin, I really wish I could, but don't have firm information yet and promised before I wouldn't give out details unless I knew for sure.
16:58 <@pirateat40> zeek?
16:58 <@pirateat40> Is that a new startup?
16:58 <@pirateat40> Huh
16:58 <@pirateat40> um
16:59 <@pirateat40> badbitcoin, i had no idea it was going on and no nothing to do with me.
17:00 <@pirateat40> lol
17:00 <@pirateat40> really
17:01 <@pirateat40> aq83, i didn't team up with anyone.  I lost one bet, im not going to lose another.
17:02 <@pirateat40> badbitcoin, reading...
17:03 <@pirateat40> UncleScrooge, nope, those that didn't missed their chance and can battle it out on the high seas.
17:04 <@pirateat40> tbcoin, I wish i was the boss.
17:05 <@pirateat40> Phraust, no comment
17:05 <@pirateat40> BarnacleTsunami, no comment
17:05 <@pirateat40> OneFixt, no pm's, sorry.
17:06 <@pirateat40> OneFixt, you can email me anytime.
17:08 <@pirateat40> Oinsane1, nope those are clear
17:13 <@pirateat40> Have a good evening, night or morning guys.  By for now.
17:13 <@pirateat40> Bye*
Shadow383

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:34:14 PM

I was there, and he provided no information other than stating that he was not involved in zeek rewards.
Does anyone still believe his shit?  Roll Eyes
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:36:10 PM

Something has recently come into my brain, that I am unable to let go of, as it almost seems plausible....

If he was in fact selling coins-for-cash, perhaps he's at a point now where he is having a difficult time getting money back onto/into the Exchange, in order to repurchase replacement coins on a large scale, while still remaining 'under the radar' of the IRS/AML Regs etc ?

Obviously I am 'spit-balling' here....but as I said, it was an idea.

So in short: If anyone was planning on flying a plane into his home, PLEASE DO NOT, as he could very well have a mattress stuffed full of $100 bills, ready to purchase bitcoins Wink

evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:45:07 PM

Oooooooor, and stay with me now, he just stole your money and has no intention of returning it.

The fact that this guy still has supporters is, quite frankly, baffling.

Your money is gone, dude, and its not coming back.
mobodick

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 03:01:42 PM

Something has recently come into my brain, that I am unable to let go of, as it almost seems plausible....

If he was in fact selling coins-for-cash, perhaps he's at a point now where he is having a difficult time getting money back onto/into the Exchange, in order to repurchase replacement coins on a large scale, while still remaining 'under the radar' of the IRS/AML Regs etc ?

Obviously I am 'spit-balling' here....but as I said, it was an idea.

So in short: If anyone was planning on flying a plane into his home, PLEASE DO NOT, as he could very well have a mattress stuffed full of $100 bills, ready to purchase bitcoins Wink

STFU and don't give the man any ideas.
Before you know it he'll be paying back in bits of mattress.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 03:12:13 PM

I've been trying to mine mattresscoin and I don't think I'm getting enough gigasnores on my BFL (Bed with Fluffy Linen). Is there a technician or someone who could take a look at this?
mobodick

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 03:36:08 PM

I've been trying to mine mattresscoin and I don't think I'm getting enough gigasnores on my BFL (Bed with Fluffy Linen). Is there a technician or someone who could take a look at this?

Maybe you haven't stuffed it with money enough...
mobodick

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 03:37:34 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2012, 09:33:06 PM by mobodick

--- please ignore
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: