Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 05:59:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PAPERBACK - Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies  (Read 27190 times)
BitcoinPenny
aka CJBianco
Legendary

Activity: 2662
Merit: 2203

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 01:14:03 AM

This stamp could go on the front cover, on the back or inside.
Is there a general preference?

How about stamping a $100 bill and taping it to the inside cover?

Chris

BitcoinPenny.com | "When it comes to bitcoin swag, we make perfect CENTS!"
elianite (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1137

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 01:20:56 AM

How about stamping a $100 bill and taping it to the inside cover?

Chris

For the low low price of 0.185BTC extra!

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 01:55:04 AM

I think stamping on the inside of the book is the right way to go.  I was concerned when you said it would be on the side, because I think it would wear off with use.

Great minds think alike.  Exactly my sentiments.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
Candsno8

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 05:53:40 AM

Don't put the stamps on the outside.  Go for the title page. 

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2200

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 09:07:04 AM

I think stamping on the inside of the book is the right way to go.  I was concerned when you said it would be on the side, because I think it would wear off with use.

Great minds think alike.  Exactly my sentiments.
I agree as well. A stamp on the side of the book looks a bit weird in my opinion.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 11:21:55 AM

I also agree with the others that it should be inside of the book.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
elianite (OP)
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 06:27:46 PM

I also agree with the others that it should be inside of the book.

All books have now been stamped on the inside.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
nathansenn

Activity: 308
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 05:03:25 AM

I want to reserve #64 and #71 i use paypal please tell me where to send the money!

Bitrated user: nathansenn.
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 05:48:36 AM

I want to reserve #64 and #71 i use paypal please tell me where to send the money!
ohhh
Newbie requesting for payment with PayPal, OP handle it with care. Also the first post is in here, looks very much legit.  Tongue Tongue
Lol

elianite (OP)
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 10:06:03 AM

ohhh
Newbie requesting for payment with PayPal, OP handle it with care. Also the first post is in here, looks very much legit.  Tongue Tongue
Lol

I have a well documented history of being quite trusting here..
What I dislike about this community is the suspicion and distrust; I almost quit more than once because of it.
That said, I will give them the fair opportunity to pay by Paypal as long as it seems legit.

gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 10:08:49 AM

I reserve 78 but I cant see a price?

To peel or not to peel.
Mariowot

Activity: 639
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 10:37:47 AM

I reserve 78 but I cant see a price?

70 GBP each which is ~0.236 BTC at current price

price is in OP
nathansenn

Activity: 308
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 03:45:56 PM

ohhh
Newbie requesting for payment with PayPal, OP handle it with care. Also the first post is in here, looks very much legit.  Tongue Tongue
Lol

I have a well documented history of being quite trusting here..
What I dislike about this community is the suspicion and distrust; I almost quit more than once because of it.
That said, I will give them the fair opportunity to pay by Paypal as long as it seems legit.

Thanks Just sent the payment for 2 copy's of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies, cant wait to get these copys!

Bitrated user: nathansenn.
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 01:28:27 PM

I am very disappointed that the people who paid in full months ago were not give even a week to reserve a copy of the collectors signature edition. If you had offered a deluxe version from the beginning, I would have bought that instead.
dozerz
Legendary

Activity: 2217
Merit: 1057

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 01:31:14 PM

I am very disappointed that the people who paid in full months ago were not give even a week to reserve a copy of the collectors signature edition. If you had offered a deluxe version from the beginning, I would have bought that instead.

agreed, a few hours to fight over 25 copies when we have waited months is bad form and has soured a great endeavor. more consideration should have been made for early investors who were not able to act at such short notice.

space for rent, shilling for sats
hybridsole

Activity: 944
Merit: 783

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 01:50:25 PM

The signature editions were only offered to people who had already prepaid and the rest were not going to be offered to the general public until 4/11, but because demand was much higher than 25 among the pre-buyers they sold out within a few hours. Maybe he could have limited it to one signature edition per buyer to give more people a chance though.   
bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 03:11:42 PM

agreed, a few hours to fight over 25 copies when we have waited months is bad form and has soured a great endeavor. more consideration should have been made for early investors who were not able to act at such short notice.

I had asked about a signed edition a long time ago on this thread before I volunteered for the project.  I later pushed for it again a couple months ago.  It took those few months to get confirmation if Mike C would sign these, since we felt it was very important.  It was literally the last minute figuring out the details on many things, if Mike would sign, how many he would sign, logistics, and if we were going to go ahead.  As such,  this edition wasn't guaranteed from the beginning.

I think we were all surprised by the level of interest, and didn't think it would sell out within 48 hrs.  Elias did email out a PM to those that pre-ordered to be able to upgrade, and offered it only to people who preordered the regular edition to be as fair as possible.   While in theory more books could be signed by the 3 authors and made wallets, Mike only agreed to a certain amount, so we're constrained by that amount, plus what we committed to as an edition size for the people who bought this.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 03:27:26 PM

Letting the first few people buy up the lot on a first come first serve basis when the whole project was financed with prepaid orders is dishonest and unprofessional. You can send my refund to 1Pstchot2E47xwWR4zzW2XxHh5V1yMJRoS.

I had asked about a signed edition a long time ago on this thread before I volunteered for the project.  I later pushed for it again a couple months ago.  It took those few months to get confirmation if Mike C would sign these, since we felt it was very important.  It was literally the last minute figuring out the details on many things, if Mike would sign, how many he would sign, logistics, and if we were going to go ahead.  As such,  this edition wasn't guaranteed from the beginning.

I think we were all surprised by the level of interest, and didn't think it would sell out within 48 hrs.  Elias did email out a PM to those that pre-ordered to be able to upgrade, and offered it only to people who preordered the regular edition to be as fair as possible.   While in theory more books could be signed by the 3 authors and made wallets, Mike only agreed to a certain amount, so we're constrained by that amount, plus what we committed to as an edition size for the people who bought this.

elianite (OP)
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 07:42:04 PM

Letting the first few people buy up the lot on a first come first serve basis when the whole project was financed with prepaid orders is dishonest and unprofessional. You can send my refund to 1Pstchot2E47xwWR4zzW2XxHh5V1yMJRoS.

I'm sorry you feel this way.

As bithalo stated, we were constrained by the number of Signature Edition copies that we were able to make, and time was an issue. Considering there were ~50 individuals who had pre-ordered, and only 20 Signature Edition's up for grabs, I don't know if there would have been a way to make this much more 'fair'. I did limit the copies to only those who had pre-ordered, and made it a first-come, first-serve model among those people. only. Holding so many separate auctions would have been impractical.
That said, I have retained ~3 copies for myself, paired with low xx/100 numbers. My intent is to make these available by auction later on, so truly anyone has the chance to get one. I also auctioned off #25, which was mis-reserved on my end.

I have sent you a PM, and hope to work this out with you. Because of your unique situation which you mentioned, I have also offered to send you a digital version of the book for free once it becomes available, whether you cancel your order or not.

TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 07:49:34 PM

I understand that this is a tricky situation because it was a last minute call to make the Signature Editions. The only thing that you could've done more is by offering it to the first 20 people who pre-ordered your book. They were the ones to show most trust and interest in your book. I am bummed that I missed out on a Signature Edition but I can only blame myself for not deciding sooner Sad.

When will the books be shipped?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: