Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:22:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PAPERBACK - Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies  (Read 27190 times)
elianite (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2016, 08:36:20 AM

Any sign of the e book ? Just to keep me going while I await the hard copy ...

Will look to have the PDF link by Monday to everyone who has messaged me requesting one.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elianite (OP)
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2016, 08:39:04 AM

Has anyone received their books yet? I may be interested in purchasing one (I'd first probably go for the eBook though) to be sure. Who is selling the remainder of the books while you go away on your travels?

Thanks

MinerJones has possession of the remaining books at this time, and some unsigned copies may also be available from him soon. Prices and such for those will be set in the near future.

At this point the digital version is not for sale, as it is only a PDF and not a proper eBook.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 08:53:56 AM

Any sign of the e book ? Just to keep me going while I await the hard copy ...

Will look to have the PDF link by Monday to everyone who has messaged me requesting one.

Would it be an idea to watermark all .PDF's with the individual (forum) names of the people who requested it? That way you might prevent people from spreading it.
hgch

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 02:06:51 PM

i think watermark all .PDF's with the individual (forum) names would be the best way to prevent unauthorised spreading. And I would have my own watermarked copy.
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2016, 02:11:26 PM

i think watermark all .PDF's with the individual (forum) names would be the best way to prevent unauthorised spreading. And I would have my own watermarked copy.

Well, to prevent the spread of unauthed copies, you could watermark with the buyers full details. 
This would ensure that MOST of us wouldn't even consider giving it out. 
But, it would also just make someone buying it provide fake details.
So, it would not eliminate a spread.

elianite (OP)
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2016, 02:55:51 PM

Probably what I will do is mark each file with an ID number. That will mean that I can easily identify the source, etc.

nathansenn

Activity: 308
Merit: 117

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 04:34:10 AM

Received both my books today very happy with them!!!!

Bitrated user: nathansenn.
elianite (OP)
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 08:06:32 PM

Collector's Signature Edition  #06/25 is now on auction until May 10th.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1458747.new#new

Also, I have now sent PDF versions to those who requested them.

dozerz
Legendary

Activity: 2214
Merit: 1057

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 04:10:17 AM

just wanted to say public thanks to elianite after receiving my pdf copy today.

there's a huge amount of work here and the level of detail including the historical backstories on the coins and their makers is very impressive. big thanks for putting all of this together in what will become a great asset to the collectible community.

space for rent, shilling for sats
elianite (OP)
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 09:41:20 AM

Just so everyone is clear:
The Collector's Signature Edition books have NOT shipped yet. They are currently with Mr. Caldwell for signing.

Thank you for the kind words, I hope to hear back from everyone regarding their thoughts on the book. Obviously there will be errors; they can be fixed for later editions if any are released.

Though many of you have recived the PDF now, I do recommend reading the hard copy as it is an enjoyable experience.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 09:46:03 AM

The Collector's Signature Edition books have NOT shipped yet. They are currently with Mr. Caldwell for signing.
The international shipping time (as specified) is absurdly long, and now there's another delay? How long do we have to keep waiting for them (any ETA)?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
elianite (OP)
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 09:52:01 AM

The international shipping time (as specified) is absurdly long, and now there's another delay? How long do we have to keep waiting for them (any ETA)?

As previously stated, the Signature Edition books will take longer. This is because they are not shipped by myself, but go through several people (Myself > Mike Caldwell > Howard Kesselman > Buyer). Instead of shipping the books to the UK for signing by Matthew Rippon (an extra month at minimum), high quality acid-free foil labels have been signed by Matthew which will be affixed onto the signature page.

Right now, they are in Mr. Caldwell (Casascius') possession, and he will forward them to Howard as soon as he has signed them.

As for international shipping, the book prices come with 'basic' shipping. This alone cost $15-$25 CAD per package on my end, largely because each book weighs above 500 grams. International shipping is probably cheaper from the US (from where the Signature Edition books will be shipped from). I will message all buyers regarding this before shipment is arranged, to ensure everyone has the opportunity for shipping upgrades if they desire.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 09:54:31 AM

As previously stated, the Signature Edition books will take longer. This is because they are not shipped by myself, but go through several people (Myself > Mike Caldwell > Howard Kesselman > Buyer). Instead of shipping the books to the UK for signing by Matthew Rippon (an extra month at minimum), high quality acid-free foil labels have been signed by Matthew which will be affixed onto the signature page.

Right now, they are in Mr. Caldwell (Casascius') possession, and he will forward them to Howard as soon as he has signed them.
Ah, so that is what's going on; it was the unclear part (at least to me, as I don't check the thread often). So, I'll assume that it is going to take quite some time until they are shipped out to the Buyer. I'm ready for Q3 2016, I guess. Could you send me a PDF version as well? I would appreciate it.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 02:01:43 PM

I appreciate that you have given us the PDF copy before the signed copies arrive but I was disappointed to see the watermarking on every page under text areas (not just on the margins).  There are clear identifiers on the left and right margins of each page that tell an ID number which is encrypted to most likely correspond to a purchaser which may have been sufficient enough.  I understand why you did the "under text" watermarking but unfortunately I had some strain while focusing on reading the PDF due to the feint blue text layering with the watermark and I'd prefer to avoid that.  Wink

Simply put, what is the pricing structure of the remaining books and how can I purchase a physical copy to receive it in a timely manner apart from the time it will take for my signed copy to arrive?

Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 02:07:26 PM

I appreciate that you have given us the PDF copy before the signed copies arrive but I was disappointed to see the watermarking on every page under text areas (not just on the margins).  There are clear identifiers on the left and right margins of each page that tell an ID number which is encrypted to most likely correspond to a purchaser which may have been sufficient enough.  I understand why you did the "under text" watermarking but unfortunately I had some strain while focusing on reading the PDF due to the feint blue text layering with the watermark and I'd prefer to avoid that.  Wink

Wasn't the PDF an afterthought?   Meaning, I bought the book to get the book.  I had no idea that a 'free' PDF copy would be available at the time of purchase.

Unfortunately, I didn't keep up with the thread either, else I would have opted to get the special/signed version.

Anyone want to sell me their copy not wanting to wait?   Smiley

digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 02:25:19 PM

Wasn't the PDF an afterthought?   Meaning, I bought the book to get the book.  I had no idea that a 'free' PDF copy would be available at the time of purchase.

Unfortunately, I didn't keep up with the thread either, else I would have opted to get the special/signed version.

Anyone want to sell me their copy not wanting to wait?   Smiley

Correct, I was not under the impression the PDF would be provided when pre-ordering the book and the PDF was a nice surprise to be able to view the TOC and general layout/imagery.  From previous posts I was under the impression I would be receiving my book this week, but since I upgraded to the collectors edition there will be an extra wait time.

Lairew

Activity: 494
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 11:23:51 AM

Myself > Mike Caldwell > Howard Kesselman > Buyer

is Howard Kesselman shipping from EU?
Because I really don't want to pay VAT (I'll ask a refund if I'll pay for that).
monkeynuts
Legendary

Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 11:31:12 AM

Myself > Mike Caldwell > Howard Kesselman > Buyer

is Howard Kesselman shipping from EU?
Because I really don't want to pay VAT (I'll ask a refund if I'll pay for that).

Elianite is in Canada, bithalo is in US. Either way VAT would have been applicable when recieving into the EU, from one or the other ? Wouldnt have mattered if it was a single copy direct to end buyer, or bulk shipping to an EU distributor - VAT would be applied when coming in, at some point.

I am expecting it when recieving into the UK. Only potential saving grace would be a low value declared (like $40) to dip under the trigger
Lairew

Activity: 494
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 11:37:12 AM

I've made a huge mistake!
I've read Elianite live in UK... that's my bad  Grin

oh well, now there's no chance to avoid VAT  Cry
bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 02:08:03 PM

Mike C still has the Signature books, so I hope to receive them next week.  I'll then sign and add the holo.  I should be able to turn them around quickly next week once I receive them.  I live in the US.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: