Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:04:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Beta][Seedbox] Free "cloud" seedbox  (Read 7407 times)
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 05:28:54 AM

Logging in also returns me to the login screen, will clear some cache & see if that fixes it.... Smiley

EDIT: nope Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MonkeyCoin11 (OP)

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 05:47:13 AM

Logging in also returns me to the login screen, will clear some cache & see if that fixes it.... Smiley

EDIT: nope Smiley
Fixed.
It's again this log file... I do not understand it at all.
Anyway, I added a cron job to delete this file every minute.
jdebunt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 05:54:00 AM

Fixed.
It's again this log file... I do not understand it at all.
Anyway, I added a cron job to delete this file every minute.

Wish I knew more about that to help you fix it Sad

Just tried it, still not logging in unfortunately Smiley
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:53:18 AM

You have a problem with the SSL cert ..  Sad
jdebunt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 10:43:18 AM

Looks like the site has been pulled offline, hope the issues get sorted soon Smiley
MonkeyCoin11 (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 04:02:46 PM

Hello guys,
bad news here, we got alot of email about copyright infragment these last days.
These letters plus a strange attack that cause our log very huge is too much for us.
We did not want that our users got problems, because all of you agree the ToS and the ToS said you were responsible.
All these copyrights infragments were could lead to problems for users, so we decided to close the website with my friend, nobody will have problem.

We are sorry and we are very sad about that, I loved code this website and see it grow in only one week we was near 1k of users without any press article.

I expect nobody will be angry against us, I am still open for question.

R.I.P. Bananas Sad
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 04:57:09 PM

Well, it was to be expected. People always end up abusing these kinds of services. If your ISP is demanding concerning what kinds of torrents go through your network, you should have added some kind of torrent filter... Smiley And you can reopen with such filter. I would still use the service because it's always nice to have a lot of seeds in my favorite Linux distros... Smiley
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 05:29:16 PM

I'm sorry to hear that MonkeyCoin11  Sad
You did a fine job with the website, it's a shame it came to that.
Maybe you should try a different approach and code something nice with the crypto projects like StorJ \ Maidsafe \ Ethereum what do you think ? Have you heard about them ?
MonkeyCoin11 (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 05:36:16 PM

Well, it was to be expected. People always end up abusing these kinds of services. If your ISP is demanding concerning what kinds of torrents go through your network, you should have added some kind of torrent filter... Smiley And you can reopen with such filter. I would still use the service because it's always nice to have a lot of seeds in my favorite Linux distros... Smiley
We think blocking is bad for torrenting world, filters is not what we want.
And it would be not very viable.

I'm sorry to hear that MonkeyCoin11  Sad
You did a fine job with the website, it's a shame it came to that.
Maybe you should try a different approach and code something nice with the crypto projects like StorJ \ Maidsafe \ Ethereum what do you think ? Have you heard about them ?
These crypto projects looks great, but they are actually not very use, not like torrent so I do not know if it is viable.
But i already tried to build one cloud encrypted for fun, but ISP for "home" are giving a too slow connection speed for a cloud i think.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 05:39:55 PM

I understand Smiley No chance to run the site how you want it/how it is with your current ISP then Sad
MonkeyCoin11 (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 05:48:54 PM

I understand Smiley No chance to run the site how you want it/how it is with your current ISP then Sad
It's hard yeah Sad
jdebunt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 06:19:46 AM

Hello guys,
These letters plus a strange attack that cause our log very huge is too much for us.
We did not want that our users got problems, because all of you agree the ToS and the ToS said you were responsible.
All these copyrights infragments were could lead to problems for users, so we decided to close the website with my friend, nobody will have problem.

We are sorry and we are very sad about that, I loved code this website and see it grow in only one week we was near 1k of users without any press article.

R.I.P. Bananas Sad

Really sorry to hear things went south Sad

But it's better not to take unnecessary risks in this regard, and we appreciate that Smiley

It was fun to be a part of the experience, and you have shown us that you are capable of providing a good service. Wish you the best of luck with future projects!
MonkeyCoin11 (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:06:42 AM

Hello guys,

R.I.P. Bananas Sad

Really sorry to hear things went south Sad

But it's better not to take unnecessary risks in this regard, and we appreciate that Smiley

It was fun to be a part of the experience, and you have shown us that you are capable of providing a good service. Wish you the best of luck with future projects!
It's cool to hear that Smiley
We are actually searching a new project, maybe some DIY Smiley
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:23:09 PM

ah ... damn it  Roll Eyes
FromRussia

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 08:11:25 PM

Why you don't get a server in another country?

MonkeyCoin11 (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 08:16:02 PM

Because they are expensive.
There is no country in UE that will be safe of it, USA maybe is the worst place.
Other place, the peering is bad and/or bandwidth expensive and/or servers expensive.
FromRussia

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 08:20:39 PM

There is no country in UE that will be safe of it, USA maybe is the worst place.
Other place, the peering is bad and/or bandwidth expensive and/or servers expensive.

There is a very good one in EU actually Smiley

If you want I can suggest you in private message.
However with these type of things, you should go East as far as you can.

MonkeyCoin11 (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 08:22:54 PM

EU law is same in every country about copyright, there is no better country for it
FromRussia

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 08:28:12 PM

EU law is same in every country about copyright, there is no better country for it

There is a host in EU which throws DMCA papers in garbage...

MonkeyCoin11 (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 09:25:42 AM

There is a host in EU which throws DMCA papers in garbage...
That's what they say in public, they got arregement with them to give information and USA authority do not tell their source when they arrest some people.
That's what VPN do most of the time also, they say "no logs" but they lie and they only make deal to keep their reputation ok.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: