Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:48:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IT is likely the first person who will live to be 1,000yo is already alive today  (Read 4432 times)
UliJonHoth

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:26:22 PM

The Devil put that science stuff here to fool us, I tell ya!
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:27:32 PM

Well the topic title is true. Jesus was raised from death almost 2,000 years ago, and He is still alive today... just not on planet earth physically.

Smiley

I wish I could take this Jesus person / myth and shove him up a Trex's ass. I truly do.
Regardless, how many of you have heard of the South african Penis transplant story ?

Irrational religious guy

Your opinion is as valid as the Ancient Greeks that believed in their Pantheon of Gods and Goddesses. No one cares, the proof of the bible's invalidity(It's inconsistencies and contradictions) are enormous and it truly is a storybook, nothing more.

With that being said, yes the first person to live an incredibly extended lifespan could indeed already be alive right ow.

Lots of things could happen. Your opinion on the validity of the Bible is as invalid as any other opinion might be.

Smiley

Except it's not an opinion. The bible states incorrect things that have already been refuted, such as the age of the Earth. There are trees living right now, older than how old the bible says Earth is.

The Bible doesn't state incorrect things. It simply states things for a different purpose than unbelievers generally understand. However, on the long side, the earth is no more than 25,000 years old. Modern science that suggests that it is, is only guessing. The Bible leaves this open to an absolute max of about 25,000 years. My personal interpretations suggest a much shorter time.

Smiley

And there are organisms older than 25,000 years on this planet that are still alive today.

Your lack of knowledge is astounding. You take a book that's been refuted over things that have been tested thoroughly through the scientific method. You've never seen or heard god, yet you believe. Sir, that's called believing purely by faith. To believe in something by faith alone or even partly is only what fools do. You have the ability to reason, so use it.

If there are living organisms that seem as old as or older than 25,000 years, nobody has been around long enough to verify the truth. Suggestions, even when backed by modern science, can't take into account nearly all the potential happenings over a 25,000 year period that might be giving science a false reading.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:46:01 PM

Well the topic title is true. Jesus was raised from death almost 2,000 years ago, and He is still alive today... just not on planet earth physically.

Smiley

I wish I could take this Jesus person / myth and shove him up a Trex's ass. I truly do.
Regardless, how many of you have heard of the South african Penis transplant story ?

Irrational religious guy

Your opinion is as valid as the Ancient Greeks that believed in their Pantheon of Gods and Goddesses. No one cares, the proof of the bible's invalidity(It's inconsistencies and contradictions) are enormous and it truly is a storybook, nothing more.

With that being said, yes the first person to live an incredibly extended lifespan could indeed already be alive right ow.

Lots of things could happen. Your opinion on the validity of the Bible is as invalid as any other opinion might be.

Smiley

Except it's not an opinion. The bible states incorrect things that have already been refuted, such as the age of the Earth. There are trees living right now, older than how old the bible says Earth is.

The Bible doesn't state incorrect things. It simply states things for a different purpose than unbelievers generally understand. However, on the long side, the earth is no more than 25,000 years old. Modern science that suggests that it is, is only guessing. The Bible leaves this open to an absolute max of about 25,000 years. My personal interpretations suggest a much shorter time.

Smiley

And there are organisms older than 25,000 years on this planet that are still alive today.

Your lack of knowledge is astounding. You take a book that's been refuted over things that have been tested thoroughly through the scientific method. You've never seen or heard god, yet you believe. Sir, that's called believing purely by faith. To believe in something by faith alone or even partly is only what fools do. You have the ability to reason, so use it.

If there are living organisms that seem as old as or older than 25,000 years, nobody has been around long enough to verify the truth. Suggestions, even when backed by modern science, can't take into account nearly all the potential happenings over a 25,000 year period that might be giving science a false reading.

Smiley

Go study geography, archaeology, and paleontology. In fact go and become a professional in one of those fields. Once you do, then you may continue to post on this thread. Otherwise you look like one hell of an uneducated fool.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:56:49 PM

Smiley

Irrational religious guy

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

Go study geography, archaeology, and paleontology. In fact go and become a professional in one of those fields. Once you do, then you may continue to post on this thread. Otherwise you look like one hell of an uneducated fool.

The one thing that all these disciplines have as their bottom line is that they are all "ifs." What I mean is, if things had happened in the past to have gone exactly like the studies said they did, then they might very well be correct. However, nobody knows for a fact that all these things in ancient history happened exactly the way the studies say they did. There are potential and possible changes in history, even in physics that might have affected things differently. We just don't know for sure.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
celestio

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:57:44 PM

BADecker, you are the dumbest person I've met in my life, and that's saying something. I really hope you're trolling and don't actually believe the crap that you type...I really do.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 11:00:39 PM

BADecker, you are the dumbest person I've met in my life, and that's saying something. I really hope you're trolling and don't actually believe the crap that you type...I really do.

There you go again, with the character assassination theme. You don't have a real answer, so you go and use character assassination.

Smiley

celestio

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 11:10:22 PM

There you go again, with the character assassination theme. You don't have a real answer, so you go and use character assassination.

Smiley

As I said before. You prefer to believe in a book without any evidence put into it to back up it's statements, rather than things that have been peer reviewed and tested by researches all over the world. In fact, go become a archaeologist and you can do these things yourself, such as finding out the age of rocks and plants, etc.

The whole point is that you believe in something purely from faith, which requires no evidence and are things only fools do. You do not use reason. It's like you're walking around life with your eyes closed, even though you have the chance to open them up. If you believe in god, believe in said god from logic and reason.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 11:16:54 PM

Smiley

As I said before. You prefer to believe in a book without any evidence put into it to back up it's statements, rather than things that have been peer reviewed and tested by researches all over the world. In fact, go become a archaeologist and you can do these things yourself, such as finding out the age of rocks and plants, etc.

The whole point is that you believe in something purely from faith, which requires no evidence and are things only fools do. You do not use reason. It's like you're walking around life with your eyes closed, even though you have the chance to open them up. If you believe in god, believe in said god from logic and reason.

If you are talking about the Bible, the reports in the Bible are eye witness reports. The strong tradition of the whole nation of Israel says that the reports are true. And if you knew anything about the fastidiousness of Israel, you would see that their traditions are nothing to sneeze at. In addition, there is much science and prophesy in the Bible that has been proven true. You need to look into it a bit before you make goofy claims.

Smiley

celestio

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 11:28:13 PM

Smiley

If you are talking about the Bible, the reports in the Bible are eye witness reports. The strong tradition of the whole nation of Israel says that the reports are true. And if you knew anything about the fastidiousness of Israel, you would see that their traditions are nothing to sneeze at. In addition, there is much science and prophesy in the Bible that has been proven true. You need to look into it a bit before you make goofy claims.

Smiley

Have you ever heard of that game where the teacher says something to one person the class, and by the time whatever was said reaches everyone in the class, it's something totally different from what the teacher originally said? That's what the bible is.

Show me some science the bible has in it. So called Prophecy can be found in any book, even Dr Seus, it's a technique where a computer collects words on a page and creates "prophetic statements" out of the text. Don't get fooled kiddo.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 11:56:17 PM

Smiley

Smiley

Have you ever heard of that game where the teacher says something to one person the class, and by the time whatever was said reaches everyone in the class, it's something totally different from what the teacher originally said? That's what the bible is.

Show me some science the bible has in it. So called Prophecy can be found in any book, even Dr Seus, it's a technique where a computer collects words on a page and creates "prophetic statements" out of the text. Don't get fooled kiddo.

Except that Isaiah in the Dead Sea Scrolls is very similar to the current Isaiah. So things haven't changed in the Bible.

Smiley

celestio

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:20:42 AM

Smiley

Smiley

Except that Isaiah in the Dead Sea Scrolls is very similar to the current Isaiah. So things haven't changed in the Bible.

Smiley

I could also say my nextdoor neighbor named Moses, is very similar to Moses from the bible... Your statement means absolutely nothing.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 08:28:16 AM

I could also say my nextdoor neighbor named Moses, is very similar to Moses from the bible... Your statement means absolutely nothing.
We all know why parts of the Bible are locked in the Vatican. The best parts were picked and published. Enough now, that is off topic.
Celestio, please put him on ignore and let's get back on track.

Scientists have identified a drug that rejuvenates ageing muscle and brain tissue

Scientists have identified a drug that simultaneously makes ageing muscle and brain tissue in mice act young again. The research is in its very early stages, but this could represent the first step towards a treatment that restores youth to multiple parts of the body at once.

As we get older, part of the reason our bodies start failing is because adult stem cells stop replacing our damaged cells. But scientists have found that a drug known as Alk5 kinase inhibitor can perk up old stem cells in various tissue types around the body, restoring their ability to keep it young.

“We established that you can use a single small molecule to rescue essential function in not only aged brain tissue but aged muscle,” one of the research team, David Schaffer from the University of California, Berkeley Stem Cell Centre in the US, said in a press release. “That is good news, because if every tissue had a different molecular mechanism for ageing, we wouldn’t be able to have a single intervention that rescues the function of multiple tissues.”

This research is particularly exciting because, instead of focussing on individual organs, this new drug could help make the whole body, including the brain, function as if it were younger. After all, what's the point of trying to keep our bodies alive forever if our brains turn to mush after we hit 100 (and vice versa)?

The key to this process is altering the stem cell environment, which naturally changes as we get older and stops stem cells from doing their job.
-snip-
The problem is that some things just stay in the 'research phase'. We've seen lots of examples, and lots of news appearing online. Ranging from battery technology and "elixirs of youth" that never showed up.
Stem cell research is the right way to go. The question is, are we shifting enough funds towards it? When will we see something that is ready for use?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 09:50:50 AM

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

Wow! You have a neighbor who is like 3,500 years old? Do you think he is telling the truth? Usually the women want to go the other direction... younger rather than older.

Smiley

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 12:41:03 PM

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

Wow! You have a neighbor who is like 3,500 years old? Do you think he is telling the truth? Usually the women want to go the other direction... younger rather than older.

Smiley

I'm 26,000 years old.  A few posts up, you mentioned that nobody was around 25,000 years ago to verify things.

Well, I'm telling you I'm 26,000 years old.  What now?  Surely you wouldn't rely on evidence to suggest I might actually be in my 20's or 30's, would you?
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 04:57:58 PM

The Devil put that science stuff here to fool us, I tell ya!

Rather, it is shrewd politicians who are extrapolating the truth of science into all kinds of things that may or may not have happened. Then they publish their extrapolations as though they were truth, when they really don't know if their extrapolations are truth or not.

As a form of pure science, we know by experiment, right under our noses, that if you pass electricity through a brine, you get a separation of water into hydrogen and oxygen. If that is all that we know about this scientific operation, we can make all kinds of guesses as to why it works like this. Until the guesses are proven, they remain only guesses.

The brine electrolysis example is something under our noses. The things that Isaac Newton wrote about are examples we can trust even though we were not there, because we can duplicate them, because Newton was found to be a trustworthy person, and because others of his day corroborated them after they heard and saw from Newton. The things that we don't know from Newton's day are the things that were never reported by Newton or anybody else. When we see some of these things that happened back then, we can make educated guesses about them, but beyond the actual things we see, we are only guessing, even though the guesses are educated guesses.

The point is, until we KNOW about the actual truth of scientific extrapolations, until we know about the things of the distant past by going there and seeing, or by eye witness reports from other people who were there and saw, the only thing we can know is what is right under our noses.

For example, Big Bang may have happened. But it is just a story because nobody knows that there wasn't something else that happened, something else that makes us think that there was a big bang, but something else that was NOT a big bang, yet produced end results that look just the same as results that would have been produced by a big bang if it were a big bang that had caused them.

We simply do not know for sure. So, let's stop parading things as science that are only guesses.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:02:19 PM

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

I'm 26,000 years old.  A few posts up, you mentioned that nobody was around 25,000 years ago to verify things.

Well, I'm telling you I'm 26,000 years old.  What now?  Surely you wouldn't rely on evidence to suggest I might actually be in my 20's or 30's, would you?

Well, if you are saying this like it is a reality, then I would have to respond that you are a liar, the part about you being 26,000 years old, that is.

Smiley

C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:07:06 PM

I can only imaging what a horrible place the world would be if all of you were around forever.  Cheesy

The eventual demise of each and every one of us is the only thing that gives me hope for the future.  Grin

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:17:41 PM

I can only imaging what a horrible place the world would be if all of you were around forever.  Cheesy

The eventual demise of each and every one of us is the only thing that gives me hope for the future.  Grin

There are still places in the world that one can go to be a hermit. The advantage is, these days, that we have a few modern conveniences that a hermit can take with him to the top of his mountain that will make life easier for him.

Smiley

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:27:18 PM

I can only imaging what a horrible place the world would be if all of us were around forever.  Cheesy

Solidarity. Always...

Smiley

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:52:20 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2015, 06:12:24 PM by Buffer Overflow

So, let's stop parading things as science that are only guesses.

Please go and educate yourself the difference between a "scientfic theory" and "guessing". If only to stop yourself from further embarassment. Thanks.  Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: