Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 05:44:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IT is likely the first person who will live to be 1,000yo is already alive today  (Read 4439 times)
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

We have someone spreading Christian talk after some fine Kool-Aid. Pressing the ignore button will save this thread from disaster.

Back to the topic, this is actually awesome. I'm going to guess there are a lot of people who are going to be against it. This can cause problems like overpopulation.
Let's say that this thing becomes publicly available right now, how many people would there be on the Earth in 900 years (if there are no major catastrophes or anything)?
There would have to be some kind of restrictions or something unless people want serial killers to get out of prison after 5 life sentences (if they're still 100 years?).

Unfortunately that cant work. I didnt find the article i wanted to find because it claimed around 10 points or so why it wont be ever possible to get those persons back but i only found this video: http://bigthink.com/videos/why-cryogenics-is-bogus
That can't be true because they can't know that. Ask someone from the 15th century if we're ever going to be able to fly to the moon.   Roll Eyes

I see what you mean but the thing is that infos are lost. What is it worth if your brain is changed or damaged so far that you are like a child or something. And that only if they can heal the damage. Cells are broken and neurons damaged. And lost infos in there cant possibly be recreated since the info is nowhere stored.

So as long as they dont find a way to store the personality or develop time travel... it wont work i think.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 01:59:10 PM

Well I for one am not in the least interested in overstaying my time on earth, I lost my sense of awe a long time ago and I'm not even old. I can't bear the thought of sticking around these parts for another 1000 years, no matter how wide I stretch my imagination in terms of new tech/theories/possibilities/whatnot  Cheesy I can totally understand that some would find a gazillion things to do though  Smiley

That is awesome how you have experienced everything.

What parts of the world did you enjoy visiting the most? How many Asian countries did you get to visit?

Sorry I forgot all about this thread. Lol I can't tell if you're making fun or if you're serious  Cheesy Anyways no, I haven't experienced everything. I spent some time seeking thrills, in whatever form, like everybody else, new games, gadgets, some traveling and whatnot but it soon became obvious that I could never find closure with that lifestyle. That I could spend my whole life going from thrill to thrill and at the end I would've still not even scratched the surface of possible experiences. I'd have to be immortal and even then. It's a little like the dangling carrot in front of the donkey, you try all your life but never actually get there. The thing is awe can be distilled to its essence which is exactly the same in all awe-inspiring events. You only really have to experience it once and after that you've already learned all you can possibly learn from these events. Granted it might take different people a different number of experiences to get to that point and that's perfectly fine. This usually happens with age anyways.
To answer your question, trekking in the Himalayas and I've been to a few Asian countries not that many Wink

Adrenaline pumping thrills and gadget collecting with superficial people around you may create a void in some people's heart. Not saying it is your case though.

Others have experimented travelling millions of miles standing still...

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 02:02:23 PM

We have someone spreading Christian talk after some fine Kool-Aid. Pressing the ignore button will save this thread from disaster.

Back to the topic, this is actually awesome. I'm going to guess there are a lot of people who are going to be against it. This can cause problems like overpopulation.
Let's say that this thing becomes publicly available right now, how many people would there be on the Earth in 900 years (if there are no major catastrophes or anything)?
There would have to be some kind of restrictions or something unless people want serial killers to get out of prison after 5 life sentences (if they're still 100 years?).

Unfortunately that cant work. I didnt find the article i wanted to find because it claimed around 10 points or so why it wont be ever possible to get those persons back but i only found this video: http://bigthink.com/videos/why-cryogenics-is-bogus
That can't be true because they can't know that. Ask someone from the 15th century if we're ever going to be able to fly to the moon.   Roll Eyes

I see what you mean but the thing is that infos are lost. What is it worth if your brain is changed or damaged so far that you are like a child or something. And that only if they can heal the damage. Cells are broken and neurons damaged. And lost infos in there cant possibly be recreated since the info is nowhere stored.

So as long as they dont find a way to store the personality or develop time travel... it wont work i think.

We need to define what consciousness is first. Then find a way to copy it. Then find a way to transfer it. Then keeping someone's body in ice would be futile.

Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 02:10:17 PM

We need to define what consciousness is first. Then find a way to copy it. Then find a way to transfer it. Then keeping someone's body in ice would be futile.

The most important part of "consciousness" is memory, without memory then you'd have no idea who you are, past experiences, and the like. Cryogenics at this point isn't that promising because of the degradation that occurs to the cells, but there are many other fields which are very likely(and already have had) to have huge advances in human longevity; organ transplants, bionanotechnology, bio-mechanical parts, stem cells etc.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 02:25:04 PM

The most important part of "consciousness" is memory, without memory then you'd have no idea who you are, past experiences, and the like. Cryogenics at this point isn't that promising because of the degradation that occurs to the cells, but there are many other fields which are very likely(and already have had) to have huge advances in human longevity; organ transplants, bionanotechnology, bio-mechanical parts, stem cells etc.

And this is what I meant by defining what consciousness is first, as it is not just a collection of memories... If we know what it is then even trying to live up to 1000 years inside a body would become futile. We would live as long as the universe will, as pure energy (consciousness).

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 03:11:30 PM

And this is what I meant by defining what consciousness is first, as it is not just a collection of memories... If we know what it is then even trying to live up to 1000 years inside a body would become futile. We would live as long as the universe will, as pure energy (consciousness).
We have no definition of consciousness, so whatever is said may be labeled invalid. We don't even know much about memories else we would be able to modify/erase and whatnot. If we copy consciousnesses wouldn't that make it a clone and not the original? How about we define it and learn how to transfer and/or store it?

Sebastian that depends on the damage. If it is only partial we might have technology that would assume how it looked before and repair it. Don't underestimate technology.
It's actually sure if you were born in the 90s and you live till 50-60s you're going to live much more than 100 years. Advancements in nanotechnology will get rid of almost all the common causes for death like cancer, hearth diseases and such. We just have to find a way to stay younger.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Lorenzo

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 02:52:20 AM

"These therapies are going to be good enough to take middle age people, say people aged 60, and rejuvenate them thoroughly enough so they won’t be biologically 60 again until they are chronologically 90.

"That means we have essentially bought 30 years of time to figure out how to re-rejuvenate them when they are chronologically 90 so they won’t be biologically 60 for a third time until they are 120 or 150.

"I believe that 30 years is going to be very easily enough time to do that."

If they break the code for humans to live to at least a 1 000 years then by the time you'll reach your birthday science would have advanced enough for you to reach 10 000 years. By the time you'll reach 10 000 you'll be able to live to a 1 000 000 years. By the time you'll reach 1 000 000 you'll be able to live to 10 000 000 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longevity_escape_velocity

Kurzweil has written a few articles about this subject as well which are worth the read for anyone who is interested.

People who say that cryonics is crap are missing the point. You see, 99% of transhumanists don't want to be cryonically preserved. They would much rather prefer to continue living. But unfortunately, sometimes an accident can happen or a person's health can deteriorate to the point where it cannot sustain itself with current medicine. Compared to cremation or burial, cryonics is the least worst option since it affords the greatest possibility of recovery. We don't know what the exact likelihood of recovery is but many signs point towards it being >0%. This is the logic behind cryonics.

Morphologically modern humans have been around for 100,000 years. Antibiotics have only been around for 80 years and modern computers for 70 years. The discovery of the double helix was only made 60 years ago and only in the last 15 or so years did we sequence our own genome. Craig's Venter's artificial cell is only 5 years old. Last year, Intel announced their 14 nm chips.

As long as science and technology continues to advance, the age of nanotechnology will arrive. How am I so sure of this? Because the proof of work already exists in the form of cellular life today. We are working, living examples of nanotechnology. The nanomachines composed of protein which fulfill vital cellular processes are a working example of nanotechnology in action:

When you freeze human tissue, it may appear to be preserved superficially, but the ice crystals that form create massive cell damage, causing many cell walls to rupture.

No modern cryonics provider "freezes" their patients. The correct term is vitrification and unlike freezing, it preserves the neural structures intact:

Quote from: Alcor
The current technology favored by Alcor is vitrification, not freezing. Vitrification is an ice-free process in which more than 60% of the water inside cells is replaced with protective chemicals. This completely prevents freezing during deep cooling. Instead of freezing, molecules just move slower and slower until all chemistry stops at the glass transition temperature (approximately -124°C). Unlike freezing, there is no ice formation or ice damage in vitrified tissue. Blood vessels have been reversibly vitrified, and a whole kidney has been recovered and successfully transplanted with long-term survival after vitrification at a temperature of -135°C.

In 2001, Alcor drew on published advances in the field of organ vitrification to implement a protocol for vitrifying the human brain. This procedure is not yet reversible because of other damage (not caused by ice) including biochemical effects of the vitrification solution — but it eliminates ice damage and the preservation of fine structure is excellent.

The less advanced methods used by Alcor before 2001 still suppressed most freezing damage. Comparisons of cryonics to frozen vegetables and other ridiculous analogies therefore never had merit, even before the advent of vitrification.

Link: http://www.alcor.org/cryomyths.html
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 03:09:53 AM

"These therapies are going to be good enough to take middle age people, say people aged 60, and rejuvenate them thoroughly enough so they won’t be biologically 60 again until they are chronologically 90.

"That means we have essentially bought 30 years of time to figure out how to re-rejuvenate them when they are chronologically 90 so they won’t be biologically 60 for a third time until they are 120 or 150.

"I believe that 30 years is going to be very easily enough time to do that."

If they break the code for humans to live to at least a 1 000 years then by the time you'll reach your birthday science would have advanced enough for you to reach 10 000 years. By the time you'll reach 10 000 you'll be able to live to a 1 000 000 years. By the time you'll reach 1 000 000 you'll be able to live to 10 000 000 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longevity_escape_velocity

Kurzweil has written a few articles about this subject as well which are worth the read for anyone who is interested.

People who say that cryonics is crap are missing the point. You see, 99% of transhumanists don't want to be cryonically preserved. They would much rather prefer to continue living. But unfortunately, sometimes an accident can happen or a person's health can deteriorate to the point where it cannot sustain itself with current medicine. Compared to cremation or burial, cryonics is the least worst option since it affords the greatest possibility of recovery. We don't know what the exact likelihood of recovery is but many signs point towards it being >0%. This is the logic behind cryonics.

Morphologically modern humans have been around for 100,000 years. Antibiotics have only been around for 80 years and modern computers for 70 years. The discovery of the double helix was only made 60 years ago and only in the last 15 or so years did we sequence our own genome. Craig's Venter's artificial cell is only 5 years old. Last year, Intel announced their 14 nm chips.

As long as science and technology continues to advance, the age of nanotechnology will arrive. How am I so sure of this? Because the proof of work already exists in the form of cellular life today. We are working, living examples of nanotechnology. The nanomachines composed of protein which fulfill vital cellular processes are a working example of nanotechnology in action:

When you freeze human tissue, it may appear to be preserved superficially, but the ice crystals that form create massive cell damage, causing many cell walls to rupture.

No modern cryonics provider "freezes" their patients. The correct term is vitrification and unlike freezing, it preserves the neural structures intact:

Quote from: Alcor
The current technology favored by Alcor is vitrification, not freezing. Vitrification is an ice-free process in which more than 60% of the water inside cells is replaced with protective chemicals. This completely prevents freezing during deep cooling. Instead of freezing, molecules just move slower and slower until all chemistry stops at the glass transition temperature (approximately -124°C). Unlike freezing, there is no ice formation or ice damage in vitrified tissue. Blood vessels have been reversibly vitrified, and a whole kidney has been recovered and successfully transplanted with long-term survival after vitrification at a temperature of -135°C.

In 2001, Alcor drew on published advances in the field of organ vitrification to implement a protocol for vitrifying the human brain. This procedure is not yet reversible because of other damage (not caused by ice) including biochemical effects of the vitrification solution — but it eliminates ice damage and the preservation of fine structure is excellent.

The less advanced methods used by Alcor before 2001 still suppressed most freezing damage. Comparisons of cryonics to frozen vegetables and other ridiculous analogies therefore never had merit, even before the advent of vitrification.

Link: http://www.alcor.org/cryomyths.html

I had no idea what I was saying was already called Longevity escape velocity. Thanks for the link.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 08:44:35 PM

Lots (if not all) of the things in the partially quoted post are truth. But there are hidden things as well. Inside the above quote are some hidden things.

Youtube search on the name "Graham Hancock." Watch several of his videos. Look for corroborating evidence for the info in the videos. What are we looking for and finding? The worldwide evidence in archaeology, that in the past of the earth, there was a worldwide trade organization that may have been more scientifically advanced that we are... at least in some ways. It is the thing that many of us call Atlantis.

The above quote first says 100,000 years. Then it says 80 years, then 70, then 60, 15, and 5. It doesn't mention anything about the possible and potential many past times that mankind has reached a form of scientific or other greatness that has or might have surpassed our greatness of today.

Graham Hancock and others are showing the rise and fall of a worldwide civilization of mankind that suggestively happened prior to 12,500 in the past. Even if the timing and timelines are wrong, the evidence for the civilization is there.

The point? What makes us think that this time we are going to do what we failed to do in the past? True, we are going to try. But there are so many things right now in this world that indicate that if some great, worldwide catastrophe doesn't wipe us out (like what happened to Atlantis), we are on the verge of wiping ourselves out, with nukes, if nothing else. This time, we just might completely destroy all humankind from off the entire face of the earth.

Until we can do 200 years, 1,000 years along with cryogenics, is a Will-o'-the-Wisps future security. Of course, we will try. Have fun trying, or it isn't worth it.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 08:55:05 PM

I've known plenty of oldies who were fully ready to go when the time came and there was no talk of wanting more life. I guess that's directly related to the state of their bodies in most cases.

I don't think I could tolerate thousands of years of life. The idea of it coming to a halt reasonably soon is a comforting thought sometimes.

A better solution all round would be to have your consciousness uploaded somewhere once the body has given out. No natural resources to consume and you can still experience, learn and offer some wisdom. You can also turn yourself off when things get boring and wait it out.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 09:23:08 PM

I've known plenty of oldies who were fully ready to go when the time came and there was no talk of wanting more life. I guess that's directly related to the state of their bodies in most cases.

I don't think I could tolerate thousands of years of life. The idea of it coming to a halt reasonably soon is a comforting thought sometimes.

A better solution all round would be to have your consciousness uploaded somewhere once the body has given out. No natural resources to consume and you can still experience, learn and offer some wisdom. You can also turn yourself off when things get boring and wait it out.

Thats some interesting read there, has anyone ever tried to invent something like it? Wonder how the world will be in 1000 years, if it is still there Smiley

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 01:28:33 PM

Thats some interesting read there, has anyone ever tried to invent something like it? Wonder how the world will be in 1000 years, if it is still there Smiley

As far as I know this show is the one who went the furthest into developing that idea (mixing it with a lot of actions of course).

Not for children.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 11:53:39 AM

Scientists have identified a drug that rejuvenates ageing muscle and brain tissue

Scientists have identified a drug that simultaneously makes ageing muscle and brain tissue in mice act young again. The research is in its very early stages, but this could represent the first step towards a treatment that restores youth to multiple parts of the body at once.

As we get older, part of the reason our bodies start failing is because adult stem cells stop replacing our damaged cells. But scientists have found that a drug known as Alk5 kinase inhibitor can perk up old stem cells in various tissue types around the body, restoring their ability to keep it young.

“We established that you can use a single small molecule to rescue essential function in not only aged brain tissue but aged muscle,” one of the research team, David Schaffer from the University of California, Berkeley Stem Cell Centre in the US, said in a press release. “That is good news, because if every tissue had a different molecular mechanism for ageing, we wouldn’t be able to have a single intervention that rescues the function of multiple tissues.”

This research is particularly exciting because, instead of focussing on individual organs, this new drug could help make the whole body, including the brain, function as if it were younger. After all, what's the point of trying to keep our bodies alive forever if our brains turn to mush after we hit 100 (and vice versa)?

The key to this process is altering the stem cell environment, which naturally changes as we get older and stops stem cells from doing their job.

A team led by Irina Conboy, also at the University of California, Berkeley, first did this in 2005, when they showed that they could infuse old mice with blood from their younger counterparts, and rejuvenate ageing stem cells. Based on this research, a study began last year to see if this approach could help treat human Alzheimer's patients.

Unfortunately, drug transfusions are impractical and can be dangerous, so the Conboy's team instead tried to find out what it was specifically in the blood of the old mice that was ageing their stem cells.

Over the past decade, one clear culprit has emerged - a growth factor known as TGF-beta1, which the team found is upregulated as we age, and suppresses stem cell activity. Publishing in the journal Oncotarget, they describe how they've finally figured out how to block its activity.

The drug Alk5 kinase inhibitor, which is already being trialled as an anticancer agent, is able to block the growth factor's receptors in mice, stopping it from ageing the body's stem cells. "This is really the first demonstration that we can find a drug that makes the key TGF-beta1 pathway, which is elevated by ageing, behave younger, thereby rejuvenating multiple organ systems," Conboy said in the release.

However, the researchers are careful to caution that this is just one biochemical pathway involved in ageing, and other cellular processes such as inflammation also play a big role in the process. They're now looking for other ways to change the stem cell environment to keep them younger for longer.

"The challenge ahead is to carefully retune the various signalling pathways in the stem cell environment, using a small number of chemicals, so that we end up recalibrating the environment to be youth-like," Conboy explained.

Once they can work out how to keep the stem cells happy, it will effectively unlock our body's own ability to heal itself and stay young indefinitely.

Of course we're a long way off that, but it's pretty exciting to think that we're finally beginning to understand how our body ages... and how to reverse the process. Because if we want to live life like Roger Sterling from Mad Men and stay perpetually young at heart, we're going to need some help.

http://www.sciencealert.com/a-drug-has-been-found-that-rejuvenates-ageing-brain-and-muscle-tissue

legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 09:08:37 PM

Well the topic title is true. Jesus was raised from death almost 2,000 years ago, and He is still alive today... just not on planet earth physically.

Smiley

I wish I could take this Jesus person / myth and shove him up a Trex's ass. I truly do.
Regardless, how many of you have heard of the South african Penis transplant story ?

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 09:25:53 PM

Well the topic title is true. Jesus was raised from death almost 2,000 years ago, and He is still alive today... just not on planet earth physically.

Smiley

I wish I could take this Jesus person / myth and shove him up a Trex's ass. I truly do.
Regardless, how many of you have heard of the South african Penis transplant story ?

I don't understand you.

It is Jesus Who gave you life, when, in His pre-incarnate form He created this whole universe along with the Father.

It is He Who held the universe together when humankind sinned, and accidentally set its destruction in place.

It is He Who died on the cross and arose again to do the above.

It is He who is working on creating a better universe for us all, because this one will ultimately destroy itself; you can see it happening in the fact that all life dies.

It is He Who wants to share life, love and the new universe with you... where there will be peace and joy forever.

And you want to destroy Him?

Some of you people are really weird, and really have a death wish for yourselves.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 09:43:42 PM

Smiley

Irrational religious guy

Your opinion is as valid as the Ancient Greeks that believed in their Pantheon of Gods and Goddesses. No one cares, the proof of the bible's invalidity(It's inconsistencies and contradictions) are enormous and it truly is a storybook, nothing more.

With that being said, yes the first person to live an incredibly extended lifespan could indeed already be alive right ow.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:00:53 PM

Smiley

Irrational religious guy

Your opinion is as valid as the Ancient Greeks that believed in their Pantheon of Gods and Goddesses. No one cares, the proof of the bible's invalidity(It's inconsistencies and contradictions) are enormous and it truly is a storybook, nothing more.

With that being said, yes the first person to live an incredibly extended lifespan could indeed already be alive right ow.

Lots of things could happen. Your opinion on the validity of the Bible is as invalid as any other opinion might be.

Smiley

celestio

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:09:50 PM

Smiley

Irrational religious guy

Lots of things could happen. Your opinion on the validity of the Bible is as invalid as any other opinion might be.

Smiley

Except it's not an opinion. The bible states incorrect things that have already been refuted, such as the age of the Earth. There are trees living right now, older than how old the bible says Earth is.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:14:22 PM

Smiley

Irrational religious guy

Smiley

Except it's not an opinion. The bible states incorrect things that have already been refuted, such as the age of the Earth. There are trees living right now, older than how old the bible says Earth is.

The Bible doesn't state incorrect things. It simply states things for a different purpose than unbelievers generally understand. However, on the long side, the earth is no more than 25,000 years old. Modern science that suggests that it is, is only guessing. The Bible leaves this open to an absolute max of about 25,000 years. My personal interpretations suggest a much shorter time.

Smiley

celestio

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:16:38 PM

Smiley

Irrational religious guy

Smiley

The Bible doesn't state incorrect things. It simply states things for a different purpose than unbelievers generally understand. However, on the long side, the earth is no more than 25,000 years old. Modern science that suggests that it is, is only guessing. The Bible leaves this open to an absolute max of about 25,000 years. My personal interpretations suggest a much shorter time.

Smiley

And there are organisms older than 25,000 years on this planet that are still alive today.

Your lack of knowledge is astounding. You take a book that's been refuted over things that have been tested thoroughly through the scientific method. You've never seen or heard god, yet you believe. Sir, that's called believing purely by faith. To believe in something by faith alone or even partly is only what fools do. You have the ability to reason, so use it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: