Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:11:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IT is likely the first person who will live to be 1,000yo is already alive today  (Read 4432 times)
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 08:50:14 AM

If everyone is able to live up to 1000 years, then the earth's population will increase by 1,500%. Right now, the population is around 7.3 billion. After a millennium, we can expect some 110 billion people living on earth (provided no other planet is made suitable for human habitation by then)!

Faster than light travel may not be possible.  If that's true, we will never relocate to another class M planet, and we will never interact with another intelligent species.

Since we haven't met any aliens yet, we have to assume either faster than light travel is not possible, or it is possible but intelligent life (that survives its own destruction) is rare.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 09:13:24 AM

If everyone is able to live up to 1000 years, then the earth's population will increase by 1,500%. Right now, the population is around 7.3 billion. After a millennium, we can expect some 110 billion people living on earth (provided no other planet is made suitable for human habitation by then)!

That would be like more than 100 billion more people figuring out how to make war. We'll obliterate ourselves long before we reach 110 billion pop, or anyone reaches 1000-y-o.

Smiley

Hmm... population increase can be a trigger for war. Here the population is increasing and proportionally, the availability of the resources is shrinking. According to the logic, the most over-crowded nations should be the first ones to declare war (Bangladesh, Philippines.etc).
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7992

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 02:30:42 PM

Faster than light travel may not be possible.  If that's true, we will never relocate to another class M planet, and we will never interact with another intelligent species.

Since we haven't met any aliens yet, we have to assume either faster than light travel is not possible, or it is possible but intelligent life (that survives its own destruction) is rare.

Class M planet is a Start Trek fictional designation.  There are in fact known, habitable planets which are relatively close to earth.  Gliese 832 c, for example, is described as a Planetary Class - warm superterran, Habitable class - mesoplanet, scoring a 0.81 on the Earth Similarity Index and it's only 16.1 ly away.  No need to reach (referring to my Star Trek Warp speed chart) Warp 1 for that.  We could make it there on an impulse cruise within a human lifespan!  Who's in?

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 03:13:07 PM

We always forget science and new ideas are not locked in separate vacuums. For example: the invention of concrete, then the invention of the elevator, then the invention of reinforced concrete, then the invention of sky scrappers... All together took 2000 years...

Now what is 2000 years if we can live to a 1000 years? I don't believe no other scientific discoveries will be made in a 1000 years. Propulsion, cheap energy, new "impossible" materials, etc...

Don't forget: Even if you start the treatment of living up to 1000 years at let say 70, you would gain 30 years of youth for the first time. Then the progress and the numbers of years you'll ad up will be exponential. Just like Moore's law and so many other advances in human technology (besides the pyramids and other multiple ton monuments we have yet to know how to re build but that's for another thread...)

So a "lifetime" to reach another planet or for people to get on other places, low cost space building cities, etc, will take place at the same time people will try to push back death.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 03:55:24 PM

We always forget science and new ideas are not locked in separate vacuums. For example: the invention of concrete, then the invention of the elevator, then the invention of reinforced concrete, then the invention of sky scrappers... All together took 2000 years...

Now what is 2000 years if we can live to a 1000 years? I don't believe no other scientific discoveries will be made in a 1000 years. Propulsion, cheap energy, new "impossible" materials, etc...

Don't forget: Even if you start the treatment of living up to 1000 years at let say 70, you would gain 30 years of youth for the first time. Then the progress and the numbers of years you'll ad up will be exponential. Just like Moore's law and so many other advances in human technology (besides the pyramids and other multiple ton monuments we have yet to know how to re build but that's for another thread...)

So a "lifetime" to reach another planet or for people to get on other places, low cost space building cities, etc, will take place at the same time people will try to push back death.

I agree. If things keep on going relatively like they are now, we all can have an indefinite length of life in our future.

Longer life means more time to think without having to learn all the things over that we had already learned. A new person has to learn it all first, before he can use it to think new things.

The question has to do with all the unforeseen things that might change the present status quo. One of these is that there might be a religion that is right, and a vengeful God might crush us for not believing in Him.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 05:24:48 PM

I agree. If things keep on going relatively like they are now, we all can have an indefinite length of life in our future.

Longer life means more time to think without having to learn all the things over that we had already learned. A new person has to learn it all first, before he can use it to think new things.

The question has to do with all the unforeseen things that might change the present status quo. One of these is that there might be a religion that is right, and a vengeful God might crush us for not believing in Him.

Smiley

One of the unforeseen thing that might happen is movie stars with 156 mile long imdb.com web pages...

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 06:18:38 PM

Gliese 832 c, for example, is described as a Planetary Class - warm superterran, Habitable class - mesoplanet, scoring a 0.81 on the Earth Similarity Index and it's only 16.1 ly away.  No need to reach (referring to my Star Trek Warp speed chart) Warp 1 for that.  We could make it there on an impulse cruise within a human lifespan!  Who's in?

Only 16 light years!   Wink

The human body can only accelerate so fast.  How would you like to spend 40 years (20 speeding up, 20 slowing down) pressed into your seat at maximum acceleration?  Remember we can't get anywhere near the speed of light - the more energy we apply the more gets converted to mass.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 07:30:53 PM

Gliese 832 c, for example, is described as a Planetary Class - warm superterran, Habitable class - mesoplanet, scoring a 0.81 on the Earth Similarity Index and it's only 16.1 ly away.  No need to reach (referring to my Star Trek Warp speed chart) Warp 1 for that.  We could make it there on an impulse cruise within a human lifespan!  Who's in?

The human body can only accelerate so fast.  How would you like to spend 40 years (20 speeding up, 20 slowing down) pressed into your seat at maximum acceleration?  Remember we can't get anywhere near the speed of light - the more energy we apply the more gets converted to mass.

Yes but the acceleration need not be so great!  A constant acceleration of 5m/s2 applied to the ship will create a comfortable, artificial gravity for the occupants (actually half the gravity of earth) and will attain near light speed in one year.  The ship will have traveled about 0.5 light years in that time.  If we maintain that force over the duration of the journey and point the ship in the opposite direction at the halfway point maintaining that same constant acceleration in the opposite direction, the occupants of the ship can enjoy the benefits of the artificial gravity throughout the entire journey.  Since we can't exceed the speed of light using this crude method of propulsion and current technology, the entire journey should take about 17 years.

Also, let's say we convert the mass of the ship to energy as we go.   I'm thinking about a fusion type reactor though I don't have a mechanism for this yet but if the mass of the ship is going to increase with speed at near light speeds, we would have more fuel as well.  By the time we arrive at our destination, most of our ship would be used up and we wouldn't have to worry about recycling it.

NB I have no training in nuclear physics.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 07:54:35 PM

Yes but the acceleration need not be so great!  A constant acceleration of 5m/s2 applied to the ship will create a comfortable, artificial gravity for the occupants (actually half the gravity of earth) and will attain near light speed in one year.  The ship will have traveled about 0.5 light years in that time.  If we maintain that force over the duration of the journey and point the ship in the opposite direction at the halfway point maintaining that same constant acceleration in the opposite direction, the occupants of the ship can enjoy the benefits of the artificial gravity throughout the entire journey.  Since we can't exceed the speed of light using this crude method of propulsion and current technology, the entire journey should take about 17 years.

Also, let's say we convert the mass of the ship to energy as we go.   I'm thinking about a fusion type reactor though I don't have a mechanism for this yet but if the mass of the ship is going to increase with speed at near light speeds, we would have more fuel as well.  By the time we arrive at our destination, most of our ship would be used up and we wouldn't have to worry about recycling it.

The whole ship would be like a traveling wave reactor, burning itself out while reaching its destination...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traveling_wave_reactor

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 08:57:56 PM

The whole ship would be like a traveling wave reactor, burning itself out while reaching its destination...

Never work. We would run into all that dark matter, and at those speeds annihilate ourselves.

Grin

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 09:23:59 PM

Never work. We would run into all that dark matter, and at those speeds annihilate ourselves.

Grin

I never said I would be on that particular ship... It's not like I will be an hurry jumping in if I can live 2000 years and wait for a better technology, in my geostationary space villa...

xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 01:10:15 AM

Grin

I never said I would be on that particular ship... It's not like I will be an hurry jumping in if I can live 2000 years and wait for a better technology, in my geostationary space villa...

Dark matter is the least of our worries since we already have dark matter/energy maps to use for our travels.  We just need to chart the best path through the fields.

http://io9.com/scientists-map-the-dark-matter-around-millions-of-galax-1698685506

Given that we're only going 16 ly, the maps of that region are probably very detailed already.  Now that we also have a potentially awesome propulsion system, I suggest we start a funding round.  What do you think; Bitcoin or Dogecoin?  Keep in mind we might not need this for 1000 years or more while we work out the details.  Which one is going to last?

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 01:46:21 AM

Grin

Dark matter is the least of our worries since we already have dark matter/energy maps to use for our travels.  We just need to chart the best path through the fields.

http://io9.com/scientists-map-the-dark-matter-around-millions-of-galax-1698685506

Given that we're only going 16 ly, the maps of that region are probably very detailed already.  Now that we also have a potentially awesome propulsion system, I suggest we start a funding round.  What do you think; Bitcoin or Dogecoin?  Keep in mind we might not need this for 1000 years or more while we work out the details.  Which one is going to last?

We need a new coin that will be fulled mined 10 millions years from now... How shall we call it? Every single name I tried to come up with was already taken... Shocked

xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 02:02:10 AM

Well then it has to be the Wilikoin Wink
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 03:40:19 PM

Well then it has to be the Wilikoin Wink

Grin Cheesy Grin

I shall be honored if that ever happen even if I do not deserve it...

Although it would be a fun challenge to create such a coin I guess, even if we end up living for a new average of 200 years, not 2000...

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 04:03:04 PM

Revelation 9:6:
During those days men will seek death, but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.

Roll Eyes

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 08:11:38 PM

I don't like the idea of Rockefeller, Soros, Buffett or any of the other criminal jerks being able to live longer than God/fate allows.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 10:00:34 PM

I don't like the idea of Rockefeller, Soros, Buffett or any of the other criminal jerks being able to live longer than God/fate allows.

And yet you know they already are first in line $$$$...
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 02:57:15 PM

But only first. The rest of us get the better, refined products that come later.

Smiley

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:02:16 PM

But only first. The rest of us get the better, refined products that come later.

Smiley

Indeed

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: