Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:59:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get free Bitcoin by exploiting a DASH InstantX  (Read 6240 times)
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 12:21:02 PM

In the oven and done....

You're the one having difficulty "rationalizing'  how any moron could call an instamine a fair launch and a good for the invested community;)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
busterzzz

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 07:30:56 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2015, 07:43:53 PM by busterzzz

This is exactly what the system wants. In fighting between two groups of people who are almost going in the same direction but tear eachothers necks off because of a few differences. There is a much bigger picture here, bigger than dash v monero v shadowcash v bitcoin v whatever the fuck coin - it doesn't matter. Most the people here want to change the current system, cryptocurrencies, block chain technology, it allows us to do that. We are sitting in a time where we have opportunity to be a part of something amazing, and we sit here and tear eachothers heads off about who has a better project or who is doing it right. THIS IS EXPERIMENTS. You guys are all fools arguing about whose project is better. There is no set way to do any of this because it's never been done. Anyone who says "It must be done this way" is a fool. Look at the bitcoin developers struggling to pay themselves. Who says the coins that were mined in the first two weeks of DASH wont help the project? Who says it wont help fund the developers who spend their free time developing a project. These guys deserve to get paid. They take more risk than anyone. You Think if Evan wanted to scam people and steal money from them he would put his name, face? Is Evan trying to hide from anyone? NO, he is here.

I'm so tired of all this in fighting. I'm so tired people cant see the big picture here and look past their petty little arguments. Grow the fuck up people, accept that you are living in a time with a great opportunity and get with the picture. This isn't aimed at any coin, it's aimed at all the people engaging in pointless banter over the last year and a half.  Shocked Shocked Shocked
busterzzz

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 07:46:09 PM

Fuck instamined coins and fuck scammers, they are scum and the coin is crap.

There you go, thats the way to progress into the future. Big boi bang that chest. Bang bang bang.
busterzzz

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 07:56:35 PM

Fuck instamined coins and fuck scammers, they are scum and the coin is crap.

There you go, thats the way to progress into the future. Big boi bang that chest. Bang bang bang.

You are not interested in the future, you are interested in a scam. People are finally seeing dash for what it is and now you try to appeal to emotion, fuck scams is all I say, I would fallback to bitcoin thats the future but we have Monero so your little schemes and games are out of luck Smiley

You interest is meaningless in fighting between two groups of people. You have no interest in cryptocurrencies. What do you do to help besides make post on forums that do nothing for anybody? Do you make help videos to get people into cryptos? Do you make help videos to show people how to use wallets? Do you try to get people to use cryptos in business? Do you host a podcast every day talking about cryptos trying to get people interested in bitcoin and other leading technologies? What do you do besides sit on forums and post bull shit all day defending your worthless project that only a few thousand people in the world know about? You think any of these coins matter right now besides bitcoin? You think monero is doing anything substantial for anyone? I am a huge supporter of DASH and Im not going to sit here and lie to myself and say its the next big thing. I put my trust into people who put their name and face out there, just as you do with monero. Only difference is you cant see the big picture, you cant see that you are living in a time where there is an opportunity to change the world. I don't push cryptos on anyone. I provide information to people and let them make decisions. I am here to help change the world. There is more to this universe then being right on internet forums. Good luck with your project and I hope that some day you see the light, and get over yourself. Your project is not important, none of these projects are important in this current moment. The only way they become important is if we work with eachother, move forward and progress. Keep fighting, and in two years we will be in the same exact place as we are now. Bitcoin monopoly and a bunch of alt coin developers fighting over whos the best.
busterzzz

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 08:02:13 PM

tl;dr

wait so your reading level is so low you cant read 2 paragraphs in under a minute? Wow.

tl;dr your monero project is not important and never will be.
busterzzz

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 08:08:29 PM

tl;dr

wait so your reading level is so low you cant read 2 paragraphs in under a minute? Wow.

You wish Wink

I wish what? That you had a higher reading level and could actually read my paragraphs?

You use tl;dr because you have no response. You have no argument. You cant see past your petty arguments. All you see is 'monero monero monero' its the best thing ever, monero monero monero bla bla bla. So great, so great, so rad, so amazing, we rule.

You cant even admit that your tech is new, experimental. Who lies to themselves? Sociopaths. At least I can admit the tech I believe in is experimental, new, and something to be approached with caution. All the crypto tech is. You sit here and lie to yourself about how great your shit is. Hahah. Who wishes? Me? You wish. You wish your coin was worth more than a dollar. You wish your developers would spend time developing and not arguing on reddit. But hey, wishes can come true, so keep wishes bud.
busterzzz

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 08:10:55 PM

tl;dr

You wish Wink

its not "my project" lolol stupid trolls  Cheesy

Oh it's not? Exactly the reason you are a bag holding moron. You preach preach preach monero and you cant associated yourself with the project? hahaha. bag holder. Troll? How am I a troll when I sit here and say WE SHOULDNT" BE FIGHTING. if you had a reading level higher than 3rd grade you would have read my post and seen my sincerity in it all. This fighting is pointless and children like you will never see it, because you just wanna sit around and watch your developers do work, and perhaps get rich at the same time. You do nothing for the cryptocurrency industry except give ALL of them a bad rap.
busterzzz

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 08:12:38 PM

tl;dr

You wish Wink

I wish what? That you had a higher reading level and could actually read my paragraphs?

You use tl;dr because you have no response. You have no argument. You cant see past your petty arguments. All you see is 'monero monero monero' its the best thing ever, monero monero monero bla bla bla. So great, so great, so rad, so amazing, we rule.

You cant even admit that your tech is new, experimental. Who lies to themselves? Sociopaths. At least I can admit the tech I believe in is experimental, new, and something to be approached with caution. All the crypto tech is. You sit here and lie to yourself about how great your shit is. Hahah. Who wishes? Me? You wish. You wish your coin was worth more than a dollar. You wish your developers would spend time developing and not arguing on reddit. But hey, wishes can come true, so keep wishes bud.

Maybe I'm a Sociopath, your words mean nothing to me Sad

The ones you can read at least right? Cause that 3rd grade reading level and all?
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 08:22:42 PM

Darkcoin/Dash is organized crime
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 08:45:24 PM

i tried to read all the reply posts, i honestly tried but halfway through i got depressed from reading
all these low quality troll comments and decided to use my time better.

to OP : next time please do some investigation into the coin you are trying to discredit, would save us all
a lot of time and energy reading throughts these posts.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
FryMaple (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 09:57:47 PM

This attack could, of course never be carried out on any Proof of Work network InstantX.

You should look at the code and read the whitepaper, because it deals with this exact situation. Nice try though...

This attack could, of course, be carried out on any Proof of Work network.

Why did you change my quote? Are you saying Dash doesn't accept the longest blockchain?

Correct. If you get a successful lock on a transaction, conflicting blocks are outright rejected.

Read the code here:
https://github.com/dashpay/dash/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L2849

You realize we have a testnet with very low hashrate? You could try this, Feel free.

Is there a bounty for double spending an instantx on testnet?

How about 50BTC?
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 10:44:46 PM

Maybe they will change name back now when everyone will see how insecure DASH is.
busterzzz

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 10:47:43 PM

tl;dr

You wish Wink

Maybe I'm a Sociopath, your words mean nothing to me Sad

The ones you can read at least right? Cause that 3rd grade reading level and all?

hmmm, why the personal attacks? I just dislike dash, you won't make me like it in any shape or form, in the same way I dont care what you think about Monero...

Well that's the point I was trying to originally make. Like I said in one of my previous post, I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything. I'm actually not even convinced about any of these myself. You are completely correct in that we all trust and have faith in different projects. This is the first time I've ever gotten into it on here, with anyone. I've sat back and watched a project I care about get trolled on by monero people for months now. I've held my tounge, and well this post got the best of me I guess? I don't mean to offend anybody, and if you actually go up and read my original posts you will see I am attempting some kind of comradery. My entire reason for posting here was to point out how foolish it is for us to argue about pointless stuff, and  here I am getting dragged into it. It sucks, honestly man it just sucks. I would love to see a world where two, three, 5, 10, additional technologies other than bitcoin become successful,  but it's not going to happen if we sit here and tear each other apart.

Thanks for pointing out my slide toward the dark side I will try my best to leave personal attacks out of it as I always have in the past. Take care monero people, and in all honesty and truth, I hope that you guys are one of those two, three, 5, 10 coins that does make it.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 10:53:10 PM

You have no interest in cryptocurrencies.

And no clue either  Wink

What do you expect from people who entertain the idea that 'invisible money's ever going to have any value.

Or that making the public half of the blockchain "disappear" is a solution to privacy. Or that peeking down the end of a toilet roll at the balance of one address remotely equates to an "audit".

Or who think that now we have a financial model with total accountability and transparency, people are going to want to go back to opacity where no-one can see sh*t that's going on and thats a breeding ground for scams, heists and corrupt technology.

Thats the real scam here - not some "instamine" b.s. accusations.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 12:17:06 AM

You have no interest in cryptocurrencies.

I have no clue

What do you expect from people who entertain the idea that privacy has any value.

Or that making the private half of the blockchain "disappear" is a solution to privacy. Or that providing a viewkey that another user(s) can use to verify the transaction data trustlesly via the blockchain (that's been verified by math!) for one or all of their transactions equates to an "audit".

Or who think that now we have a financial model with total accountability (NSA Rules!) and transparency (which still exists via the viewkey), people are going to want to go back to opacity where no-one can see sh*t that's none of their business and that's a breeding ground for scams, heists and corrupt technology--like Evan's instamine and the masternode reward system. (Do I sound enough like a concern troll? I'm really working on my technique).

That's the real scam here - not some "instamine" that Evan claims was an accident though that doesn't actually change what happened which was an instamine. 500,000 coins in a few hours is an instamine in most people's book, but maybe if I put quotaion marks around it like Farley's motivational speaker people will think I'm being authentic and mocking the "elitist Monerians".

You need a better editor and to learn how the viewkey works--bitcoin has the same protocol available as Peter Todd pointed out when one of the xdarkdashians went full retard on r/bitcoin. I get the fact that you're shill, but anyone who gives a shit is gonna research and realize that you're spouting off an infographic with no clear understanding of how the viewkey or protocols work--those that can't or won't research, you can keep. Stupid just gets in the way.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 07:14:23 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2015, 07:53:26 AM by toknormal

You need a better editor and to learn how the viewkey works

Can you see all the blockchain addresses that transactions originated in with the viewkey ? (i.e. the sending address)

And how does someone without a viewkey see anything at all ?

The blockchain derives its value from the fact that it's public. Ultimately, transactions happen by public consensus in cryptocurrency, not by "math" because there is no trusted third party as with the fiat banking system.

You hide the public blockchain and you don't have anything - not money and no value - just a cryptographic messaging system for bookkeeping.

As far as "auditing goes", a transaction has 2 ends. To "audit" it you need to see the balance in the sending address, the balance in the receiving address and the transaction amount itself. Then check that "debits = credits" in each address. i.e. that the sending address balance has decremented and that the receiving address has incremented by the same amount. Not only that but EVERYBODY needs to see it for there to be consensus, not just some pin stripe suite accountant with a "viewkey".

Another area where none of this was thought through in cryptonote is the fact that crypto is not like fiat in that there are no associations between legal entities and private keys (or blockchain addresses). So the idea that you just give an auditor a "viewkey" and thats an audit is laughable. As far as he's concerned you might as well be giving him any random viewkey for any account. It's about as meaningful as me using the fact that I've got a set of housekeys in my pocket as evidence that I own a house. (In fact less so because a viewkey is even less unique than a full private key).
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 08:29:16 AM

You need a better editor and to learn how the viewkey works

I need to do more research before I criticize what I don't understand and stop making presumptions that endorse my cognitive dissonance (because I know if this argument fails, then I'll have to come up with all new infographics with more bogus claims)  I'll start here. https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/en/how-can-monero-be-both-anonymous-and-transparent-same-time

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 09:10:41 AM

No. It doesn't mean that because an auditor wants to verify the origin of the funds and therefore has to see the balances in the sending addresses as well.

Ever heard of "double entry bookkeeping" ? That alludes to the fact that there are two or more balances involved in a transaction, not one.

A great tribute to bitcoin's success as 'money' is the fact that their is public consensus that all the recent bitcoin "heists" of late (Bitstamp, etc) were in fact thefts and not somebody 'fooling the system'. That consensus is only achaived by virtue of the public blockchain and the fact that EVERY SINGLE ADDRESS is auditable. Not public by choice but public by force.

That is the very same consensus that gives the balance in an address its value - and thereby turns it into money.

Privacy is supported by the private blockchain. The phrase "public-private key encryption" alludes to the fact that one key is supposed to be public and the other private. In cryptocurrency therefore, we maximise the anonymity of the private key by maximising the fungibility of the public addresses - not my making them invisible but my making them more fungible, a very different thing.

You can't go burying the public blockchain in a mountain of cryptography.

What you've got is an encrypted bookkeeping system for banks. Go the Ripple route and try selling it to them  Wink

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 11:00:35 AM

I love the fact the the OP has been called out to prove that his claims are possible in testnet but can't do it...because its a flawed theory.

I don't have any false illusions that Dash is perfect but it has been a long time since somebody has come up with a vulnerability that actually works. 

Possibly the last person was that dude who managed to manipulate masternode payments for a while? 
cloudboy

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 12:55:20 PM

I love the fact the the OP has been called out to prove that his claims are possible in testnet but can't do it...because its a flawed theory.

I don't have any false illusions that Dash is perfect but it has been a long time since somebody has come up with a vulnerability that actually works. 

Possibly the last person was that dude who managed to manipulate masternode payments for a while? 

He asked about a bounty on the last page.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: