Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:50:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Network Repaired][ANN][BITS] BitSeeds - A Currency that Grows!  (Read 36401 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
worth

Activity: 558
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 11:34:20 PM

I hate to say "I told you so".........

NAH<.........I love to say "I told you so"

Pump, dump, go away.......  repeat

Patience.  Trees don't grow overnight.

I'm all for patience, and I don't like it when people just post "I told you so" on various threads for kicks...

However, it would have been nice to get an update on how the meetings with potential devs went.  I think you posted that you were meeting with them the weekend of July 11th, and that's the last we've heard of it, at least on this channel.

Alternatively, if there's a Slack channel or something that has more information, perhaps post that here (apologies if I missed it in the thread)?

I'm not planning to get rid of my XSEED in the near future, but it would be encouraging to hear from you and Gabe more frequently, so we know whether things are in the works or if the project is dying a slow death, or something else altogether.

Thanks!

Delong,
  I was going to be posting any day now but wanted to wait for more specific/definitive news.  We were having problems finding a new dev but Monday Gabe interviewed someone who sounds like he is onboard. I've sent the dev the details of the project and we're waiting to hear back (unless he's just spoken to Gabe and I haven't heard yet). 

The course videos that will be released along with the daily giveaway & before the final drawing are recorded, edited, and have been uploaded them privately to my YouTube profile so we'll be going ahead with that after the dev details are finalized and we have an updated wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
delong

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 02:41:02 PM

I hate to say "I told you so".........

NAH<.........I love to say "I told you so"

Pump, dump, go away.......  repeat

Patience.  Trees don't grow overnight.

I'm all for patience, and I don't like it when people just post "I told you so" on various threads for kicks...

However, it would have been nice to get an update on how the meetings with potential devs went.  I think you posted that you were meeting with them the weekend of July 11th, and that's the last we've heard of it, at least on this channel.

Alternatively, if there's a Slack channel or something that has more information, perhaps post that here (apologies if I missed it in the thread)?

I'm not planning to get rid of my XSEED in the near future, but it would be encouraging to hear from you and Gabe more frequently, so we know whether things are in the works or if the project is dying a slow death, or something else altogether.

Thanks!

Delong,
  I was going to be posting any day now but wanted to wait for more specific/definitive news.  We were having problems finding a new dev but Monday Gabe interviewed someone who sounds like he is onboard. I've sent the dev the details of the project and we're waiting to hear back (unless he's just spoken to Gabe and I haven't heard yet). 

The course videos that will be released along with the daily giveaway & before the final drawing are recorded, edited, and have been uploaded them privately to my YouTube profile so we'll be going ahead with that after the dev details are finalized and we have an updated wallet.

Thanks very much for the update!  I hope you don't think I was being trollish in asking for an update, I've just been burned enough by various crypto projects that fall into silence and a death spiral, and start to feel a little unsure when updates slow down.

But it sounds like things are forging ahead, and I'm glad to see it!  I wish I had some expertise to offer on this project, but unfortunately I'm just a crypto enthusiastic and not really an expert... I'll be sure to spread the word when more publicity/promotion starts, though.

Anyway, thanks again!
worth

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 01:36:12 AM

Delong,
  I was going to be posting any day now but wanted to wait for more specific/definitive news.  We were having problems finding a new dev but Monday Gabe interviewed someone who sounds like he is onboard. I've sent the dev the details of the project and we're waiting to hear back (unless he's just spoken to Gabe and I haven't heard yet).  

The course videos that will be released along with the daily giveaway & before the final drawing are recorded, edited, and have been uploaded privately to my YouTube profile so we'll be going ahead with that after the dev details are finalized and we have an updated wallet.

Thanks very much for the update!  I hope you don't think I was being trollish in asking for an update, I've just been burned enough by various crypto projects that fall into silence and a death spiral, and start to feel a little unsure when updates slow down.

But it sounds like things are forging ahead, and I'm glad to see it!  I wish I had some expertise to offer on this project, but unfortunately I'm just a crypto enthusiastic and not really an expert... I'll be sure to spread the word when more publicity/promotion starts, though.

Anyway, thanks again!

Happy to help. I didn't think you were being trollish at all; perfectly reasonable to want an update. Can't always promise I'll have a ton of info to share, depending on the situation, but happy to answer questions as best as I can.
worth

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 10:48:46 AM

Guys, quick update. Still in discussion with a dev; just spoke briefly with him a couple hours ago in fact.  Will update the thread with more details pretty soon. 

In the mean time, I was having some internet issues Thursday that kept my own and the current Bitseeds staking wallet offline, but everything's back again now. I have some suggested addnodes for you that should help if you're having any problems running your wallets - I'm seeing 3 connections right now, and saw 5 just a few minutes ago, so that means there are people out there using their wallets, which is good to see.

You can add the following two lines to a bitseeds.conf file

addnode=72.130.92.25:2332
addnode=162.159.245.225:2332

please note these nodes may/will be changing in the near future so always use the latest info posted by Gabe or myself.
worth

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 12:26:48 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2015, 02:57:31 AM by worth

OK everyone. Thanks for being patient with the transition process. We have officially hired a new developer who is working on the project as we speak.  We'll be giving a more detailed update soon, but suffice to say we're working on a brand new wallet made from scratch with a new codebase that has nothing left from the old dev.  

However, the new dev is working on the update specifically with the plan of making it so there won't be any complex "swap the old coins for the new coins" process. So you should be able to just install the update once it's available and keep your existing wallet.dat files to make it as easy for everyone as we can.  

We're also reintroducing POW mining and reverting to the original mining schedule to allow a slow and steady inflation with POW designed to continue for decades. Since we have the hood up, we're adding in a few new features Gabe and I've been discussing and laying the groundwork for more we'll talk about in future.

I'll be back sometime in the next week or so with some more info. Once the new wallet updates are available, we'll schedule the beginning of the big giveaway we've been talking about.

There are two more specific milestones in development that we'll be announcing after that, with more to come!
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 04:27:34 PM

Good news, curious to know who the new developer is, I'm sure you narrowed it down to someone good.
delong

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 02:43:16 PM

OK everyone. Thanks for being patient with the transition process. We have officially hired a new developer who is working on the project as we speak.  We'll be giving a more detailed update soon, but suffice to say we're working on a brand new wallet made from scratch with a new codebase that has nothing left from the old dev.   

However, the new dev is working on the update specifically with the plan of making it so there won't be any complex "swap the old coins for the new coins" process. So you should be able to just install the update once it's available and keep your existing wallet.dat files to make it as easy for everyone as we can. 

We're also reintroducing POW mining and reverting to the original mining schedule to allow a slow and steady inflation with POW designed to continue for decades. Since we have the hood up, we're adding in a few new features Gabe and I've been discussing, including merged mining and laying the groundwork for more we'll talk about in future.

I'll be back sometime in the next week or so with some more info. Once the new wallet updates are available, we'll schedule the beginning of the big giveaway we've been talking about.

There are two more specific milestones in development that we'll be announcing after that, with more to come!

Thanks for the update, I'm looking forward to hearing more information whenever you have it!
worth

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 02:35:33 AM

Well. I guess somebody became a Bitseeds whale today.

3.57 BTC volume and over 275,000 bought, vaulting us up to the second page on Bittrex!
lcmines

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 03:08:45 PM

3.57 BTC volume and over 275,000 bought, vaulting us up to the second page on Bittrex!

Is there a working blockchain explorer?

I would assume that large purchase was someone self buying unless we can find a transaction of ~275K moving from a bittrex address shortly after the buy up. The distribution tab doesn't seem to reflect it.
Ccexicocartel

Activity: 207

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 01:42:40 PM

It was obvious selfbuys. Someone has been cockblocking the market with a large sell at 1400 for weeks and weeks now. Thankfully though the sell is down to 90k, and he's moved the cockblock down to 1000 satoshi, so hopefully he'll be bought out soon and we can proceed upwards.
delong

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 04:32:11 AM

Any updates on the new dev? 
worth

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 06:20:42 AM

OK, guys. Sorry for the long overdue update.

Basically the dev we thought we had working for us vanished without a trace. One day he was talking to me and to Gabe saying he was starting on it and then we never heard from him again. 

No idea what happened, so I won't bother speculating.  I kind of had a very slightly iffy/flaky vibe about the guy from the start, which is why I think I decided not to give his name at the time.

BUT the good news is that we've just hired Hazard, who's been developing and supporting altcoins for at least a couple of years now. We're expecting to have the update with a new explorer and wallet available around the end of the week. He doesn't do Macs, but we've got two different devs who've offered to build OS X wallets for us - I'll let you know which one we end up going with in a few days.

Really happy to be moving forward again after the delay!

I'll be back with more updates around the end of the week including info on the much-delayed release of my new crypto course that will help teach the newcomers discovering crypto for the first time through the Rainforest Foundation's giveaway.
worth

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 06:26:34 AM

Is there a working blockchain explorer?

I would assume that large purchase was someone self buying unless we can find a transaction of ~275K moving from a bittrex address shortly after the buy up. The distribution tab doesn't seem to reflect it.

We'll have an explorer in a few days, so you'll be able to check if you're still curious.

It was obvious selfbuys. Someone has been cockblocking the market with a large sell at 1400 for weeks and weeks now. Thankfully though the sell is down to 90k, and he's moved the cockblock down to 1000 satoshi, so hopefully he'll be bought out soon and we can proceed upwards.

I know who the guy is with the 114,000 (I think it was originally) wallet that has been selling them off - he's about the only person who's been using the $XSEED tag on Twitter.  

Don't think he was doing it to hold the market down; just not ready to wait for the new version, which is fair enough.

Looks like he has about 32K left... suspect it'll be gone soon. Though he may regret not waiting.
worth

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 06:27:41 AM

Good news, curious to know who the new developer is, I'm sure you narrowed it down to someone good.

Any updates on the new dev? 

Sorry for the slow response, guys!
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 08:23:42 PM

Good to hear, not familiar with Hazard's work but seen his name around here quite a bit. I assume when the network and coin issues are sorted out we might start seeing marketing and promotion again?
delong

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 08:33:22 PM

No problem at all - I'm glad that things are still moving with XSEED, and it's good to hear that there is finally a new dev involved in the project. 

I would really love to see this coin overcome the stain of Bryce Weiner's poisonous involvement and rise to become a successful crypto use case for a solid charitable cause.  Best of luck, and looking forward to more updates!
worth

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 11:57:49 PM

Good to hear, not familiar with Hazard's work but seen his name around here quite a bit. I assume when the network and coin issues are sorted out we might start seeing marketing and promotion again?

Absolutely.  If all goes well we want to pick up where we left off as soon as next week. 

Approximate timeline: 

Week 1 & 2 - daily release of one-three related videos on using Bitseeds (or any crypto wallet), forming a full course that can introduce complete newbies to cryptocurrency.
Each video will be paired with a giveaway to the first people to share the video and post their Bitseeds receive address; approximately 16 videos total. The videos will be promoted to my own newsletter of about 25,000 email subscribers as well as by the Rainforest Foundation to their newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Week 3 - announce the winner of the drawing (each person submitting an address above gets an equal shot in the drawing)

Week 4 or 5 - very cool new and unique Bitseeds-based product that's been planned since before the April launch should be ready around this point (more details to come)

About week 8 - our merchant service provider should be ready to allow stores to accept Bitseeds as payment, saving them merchant service fees compared to credit cards AND providing the merchants with a charitable tax deduction. Great incentive for merchant adoption.

And there are a few other smaller things along the way.  Should keep things busy right into the holidays.
worth

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 11:59:13 PM

No problem at all - I'm glad that things are still moving with XSEED, and it's good to hear that there is finally a new dev involved in the project. 

I would really love to see this coin overcome the stain of Bryce Weiner's poisonous involvement and rise to become a successful crypto use case for a solid charitable cause.  Best of luck, and looking forward to more updates!

Thanks!
worth

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 02:12:58 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2015, 04:51:21 AM by worth

OK everybody, our new dev has sent us the updated code and a Windows wallet. I'm doing some testing and I've passed the code along to MystPhysX to build a Mac wallet for us.  Once everything looks good, I'll post download links here and we ask you to please update.

We will be reintroducing POW starting with block 8800; if you know anyone interested in running a pool, please let them know. I'll also look back at the earlier posts in this thread and contact the people who ran one before to see if they'd like to again.  Don't think ispace.co.uk ran a bitseeds pool before, but I want to contact them about it too since they're pretty much my favorite pool and I'd love to see Bitseeds mined there.

In the mean time, here's a basic explorer you can check out (we're working on an Iquidus-based one with more advanced features).  

http://explore.cryptolife.net/bitseeds

I'll most likely be starting a new ANN thread soon as well since we're locked out of the account that started this one.

Will be back soon with more.
worth

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 11:11:25 AM

OK guys, here's the updated info.  The official repository is now located here:

https://github.com/BitSeedsOrg/Bitseeds

And the download links:

MS Windows QT wallet application:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmbq3jwfehpravf/bitseeds-win-1.2.exe?dl=1
Virustotal results:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/968fca479882801536f86235c49c79d4a55806e655714bbdc36b79ef8804b0f4/analysis/

Mac OS X QT wallet application for current Macs:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q8zqfhxfplegv7z/BitSeeds-Qt.zip?dl=1
Virustotal results:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/113f914e0e56c1b87877b70602b4c10daa9cb138b8b60092212bfaec981ce6f2/analysis/

Mac OS X QT wallet application for pre-2011 Intel Macs:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z1qyowjfh3sqkx5/BitSeeds-Qt%20Non-AVX.zip?dl=1
Virustotal results:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/025d26e3dced7c0b60c9bde302df2a0523caec6e7d295fca13e8b1c522c68896/analysis/1441946285/

(try the second Mac link only if the first doesn’t work for you)

I've tested these on a few machines and everything seems to be working except on one older Mac. It seems to be a pretty specific issue and our Mac dev is working on it, so I may update the link if needed.  Please download and use the new version and report any issues.

NOTE: Windows users please make sure to uninstall the old version first or you may get a runaway exception error.  Just find Bitseeds in the Start Menu or remove it through the Control Panel before launching the new version.  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: