Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:11:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussion about 10,000BTC Bet (Official)  (Read 104432 times)
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 06:21:55 AM

... I LOATHE Trendon Shavers.

One suggestion please talk to a tax professional first.

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=106778,00.html

I already have that link saved in my favorites....LOL

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 06:23:33 AM

It's not my fault he went full retard in the last day and tripled down on Pirate.

The accepted terminology is "developmentally delayed". Please do not use inappropriate and bigoted language in a forum which has already has sufficient inappropriate and bigoted developmentally delayed members.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 07:00:05 AM

Guys maybe we should let it go. I know man-code requires everyone to pick up dueling pistoles, but this whole situation is so f*ed up that perhaps it's better to  let everyone lick their wounds. I have a feeling the anger that is currently directed at pirate is about to focus on Matthew when he doesn't pay, when all his crime would be is to get a little too full of himself at the bar -sort-of-speak-.

I don't have money in it any which way, so it's not me to decide but I can image for the people who were believing (against all reason) in pirate, this is a pretty big blow.

more or less retired.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 07:01:57 AM

It's not my fault he went full retard in the last day and tripled down on Pirate.

The accepted terminology is "developmentally delayed". Please do not use inappropriate and bigoted language in a forum which has already has sufficient inappropriate and bigoted developmentally delayed members.

He already went full retard by getting into business with Jonathan Ryan Owens and Bitscalper.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 07:03:03 AM

He already went full retard by getting into business with Jonathan Ryan Owens and Bitscalper.

I went into business with Bitscalper? Funny. First I've heard of it. Got any more FUD I can chew on? MOAR!

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 07:16:59 AM

The accepted terminology is "developmental delay". If you had ever worked with someone having a severe developmental delay, you would perhaps be a little less free with the "retard" label. Unless of course you meant "retard" as in "slowing down" then I would ask for more information as in that case what you have written does not make sense.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 07:27:47 AM

The accepted terminology is "developmental delay". If you had ever worked with someone having a severe developmental delay, you would perhaps be a little less free with the "retard" label. Unless of course you meant "retard" as in "slowing down" then I would ask for more information as in that case what you have written does not make sense.
I think I love you.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 07:30:34 AM

Guys maybe we should let it go. I know man-code requires everyone to pick up dueling pistoles, but this whole situation is so f*ed up that perhaps it's better to  let everyone lick their wounds. I have a feeling the anger that is currently directed at pirate is about to focus on Matthew when he doesn't pay, when all his crime would be is to get a little too full of himself at the bar -sort-of-speak-.

I don't have money in it any which way, so it's not me to decide but I can image for the people who were believing (against all reason) in pirate, this is a pretty big blow.

The moment he started taking big bets he waived this possibility. I wish he didn't do it but that's the way it is.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
JingleBalls

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 07:41:06 AM

I went into business with Bitscalper? Funny. First I've heard of it. Got any more FUD I can chew on? MOAR!

It was brought up in this thread -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101109.msg1105811#msg1105811
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 07:45:48 AM

when there were 10,000 BTC  in the bet everyone was excited and some people even doubted Matthew has that much BTC in case of a loss

Now there are somehow around  31,500BTC in the bet

what has changed ? if it wasnt obvious before its looking pretty certain now that matthew is not alone in this belief and as crazy as it sounds someone else must
also be pumping money into this bet besides matthew

dust

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 08:02:42 AM

when there were 10,000 BTC  in the bet everyone was excited and some people even doubted Matthew has that much BTC in case of a loss

Now there are somehow around  31,500BTC in the bet

what has changed ? if it wasnt obvious before its looking pretty certain now that matthew is not alone in this belief and as crazy as it sounds someone else must
also be pumping money into this bet besides matthew
Matthew must have other motives.  Anyone certain pirate will pay and trying to make money can just buy passthroughs at <50% and come out further ahead.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 08:52:10 AM

Guys maybe we should let it go. I know man-code requires everyone to pick up dueling pistoles, but this whole situation is so f*ed up that perhaps it's better to  let everyone lick their wounds.

Considering just where those wounds are, all but the most flexible will find that anatomically impossible.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 08:59:11 AM

Guys maybe we should let it go. I know man-code requires everyone to pick up dueling pistoles, but this whole situation is so f*ed up that perhaps it's better to  let everyone lick their wounds.

Considering just where those wounds are, all but the most flexible will find that anatomically impossible.
We could lick eachother's wounds, if you swing that way.

Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 09:01:33 AM

The fact that he's still taking bets shows he is sure he has a way to avoid paying, and maybe even making you pay, so increasing it now seems pretty stupid.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 09:02:39 AM

The fact that he's still taking bets shows he is sure he has a way to avoid paying, and maybe even making you pay, so increasing it now seems pretty stupid.

Wisdom. Or I'm just sure I'll win.  Shocked

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 10:14:24 AM

Are you betting with your own coins or has someone else asked you to make this bet for them.  You claim to know very little about Pirate and his operations yet you don't come off as stupid enough to make a blind bet on a whim with such a large amount of your own cash.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 10:40:57 AM

Are you betting with your own coins or has someone else asked you to make this bet for them.  You claim to know very little about Pirate and his operations yet you don't come off as stupid enough to make a blind bet on a whim with such a large amount of your own cash.

No offense, but everyone is saying something different right now. Either I know something and I am not saying, or I don't know something and I'm just playing, or I'm just ignorant and don't know what I'm doing, or I'm lying and don't care about the outcome, or this or that or the other thing. Frankly speaking, this community has continuously been wrong about me from the first day I came into it. After this freakish display of accusations and speculation, I think I finally got over it. Everyone can think what they want, I'll keep doing what I want. ^_^ Cheers

bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 10:42:37 AM

Frankly speaking, this community has continuously been wrong about me from the first day I came into it.

I said you were annoying and I was your friend as well as enjoyed you on the forum.

Please don't tell me that I was wrong. I can't handle anymore heartache today.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 10:46:29 AM

Frankly speaking, this community has continuously been wrong about me from the first day I came into it.

I said you were annoying and I was your friend as well as enjoyed you on the forum.

Please don't tell me that I was wrong. I can't handle anymore heartache today.

<3

kentrolla

Activity: 1568
Merit: 565

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 11:06:25 AM

Why is there no question #1? Or is there? Or is this it? Or else?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: