Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:26:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussion about 10,000BTC Bet (Official)  (Read 104432 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 08:59:12 PM

Everybody calm down, after three sleepless nights, I think I finally have it all figured out. I must compliment Matthew here on his brillance, his scheme is actually pretty clever.

Matt came up with the bet at the time when everybody, sans select few still in denial, realized that it would take at least a miracle for Pirate to pay out, and he rightfully anticipated that lots of members will join in lured by what it essentaily is, free-money handout. People thought Matt was nuts and made few tasteless jokes at his expense, but make no mistake, he's no idiot, he knew full well that he was going to lose the bet. He also knew that he didn't have required bitcoins but these never had any role in his ingenious plan anyway. Here comes the brilliant part. Matt is secretly gay, he hopes that when it comes to payout, he will be able to subsidize bitcoin with another commodity to make bettors whole, blowjobs. For this reason initial pool of 10k BTC rose to 80k BTC after vigorous testing conducted to make sure Matt can accomodate $900k worth of blowjobs. The lesson is some men will do anything for a chance to choke on bag of dicks.

1 BTC
1HB5XMLmzFVj8ALj6mfBsbifRoD4miY36v
Just the tip.

Only one spelling error: Blowjobs ---> BlowBobs
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 09:11:51 PM

Everybody calm down...

Well... With ur joke u've transgressed some bounds. I don't wish our community had ppl like u. Say hello to my ignore button.
Fluttershy

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 11:01:17 PM

Everybody calm down...

Well... With ur joke u've transgressed some bounds. I don't wish our community had ppl like u. Say hello to my ignore button.
It's just his tsundere way of saying he's in love with Matt. I mean, who wouldn't be?

DonShrents

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 11:05:07 PM

Perhaps the people that are most concerned with Matthew's intentions to follow through with his bet should now take the time to provide proof that they have their side of the bet's funds ready and waiting to be paid out, in case Matthew actually wins ?
Anyone who is upset can obviously prove that they have lived up to their end of the agreement with either proof from a 3rd party Escrow service or deposit, or a coin address that contains the amount that they are personally responsible for, as their wager ?

~DonShrents
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 11:06:23 PM

I am very curious to know Vladimir's thoughts on all of this.
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 12:03:18 AM

Perhaps the people that are most concerned with Matthew's intentions to follow through with his bet should now take the time to provide proof that they have their side of the bet's funds ready and waiting to be paid out, in case Matthew actually wins ?
Anyone who is upset can obviously prove that they have lived up to their end of the agreement with either proof from a 3rd party Escrow service or deposit, or a coin address that contains the amount that they are personally responsible for, as their wager ?

~DonShrents

They are as likely to understand what you are saying as they are to even realize who is posting said rationalization...

so umm, where's your ol' partner Trendon at?
Are you familiar with the inner workings of BTCS&T?
do explain.. every thing.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 12:07:55 AM

~DonShrents

They are as likely to understand what you are saying as they are to even realize who is posting said rationalization...

so umm, where's your ol' partner, Trendon at?

ol' partner? I think it's just a pseudonym he used its an anagram of Trendon Sh
legolouman

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 12:10:29 AM

~DonShrents

That's a good point. One thread said that Shrents is the owner of pirateat40.com AND btcst.com

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 01:13:36 AM

~DonShrents

That's a good point. One thread said that Shrents is the owner of pirateat40.com AND btcst.com

On GNU/Linux this is as simple as: Open a terminal and
Code:
whois pirateat40.com
or
Code:
whois btcst.com

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Fluttershy

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 01:22:51 AM

~DonShrents

It's a pretty obvious anagram, since it keeps the "don sh" from the original.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 01:22:58 AM

~DonShrents

Code:
whois pirateat40.com
or
Code:
whois btcst.com

Even simpler...just read this thread.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

legolouman

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 01:30:02 AM

~DonShrents

Code:
whois pirateat40.com
or
Code:
whois btcst.com

Even simpler...just read this thread.

Was that in this thread? Darn, I've been all over today, sorry.

evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 01:30:27 AM

I have a feeling that payments will be going out this weekend, so I would advise everyone to get their bitcoins ready for payment to Matthew.

~DonShrents

Hear that guys? Pirates gonna pay off his marks investors....for real this time!!!.... honest!! Everyone get ready, forums poster donshrents has a feeling this scammer will have a change of heart....sounds legit, guys!
legolouman

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 01:31:12 AM

I have a feeling that payments will be going out this weekend, so I would advise everyone to get their bitcoins ready for payment to Matthew.

~DonShrents

Hear that guys? Pirates gonna pay off his marks investors....for real this time..... honest!! Everyone get ready, forums poster donshrents has a feeling this scammer will have a change of heart....sounds legit, guys!

WE SO EXCITED, WE WE SO EXCITED.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 01:44:40 AM

~DonShrents

Hear that guys? Pirates gonna pay off his marks investors....for real this time!!!.... honest!! Everyone get ready, forums poster donshrents has a feeling this scammer will have a change of heart....sounds legit, guys!

Donshrents doesn't realize is that Matthew said that if pirate pays out as he said he would which was all bitcoins and all interested accrued up until the hour they were returned. At this moment7% weekly interest on 500k bitcoins is like....over 100k bitcoins. So at least 600k bitcoins need to be returned.

Pirate already stated in IRC that he wont be paying out interest even after promising it. So this by default is what shows me that the bet has already been lossed. It's just a deadline technicality to finalize the bet.

Time's a ticking...

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 01:48:11 AM

~DonShrents

Donshrents doesn't realize is that Matthew said that if pirate pays out as he said he would which was all bitcoins and all interested accrued up until the hour they were returned. At this moment7% weekly interest on 500k bitcoins is like....over 100k bitcoins. So at least 600k bitcoins need to be returned.

Pirate already stated in IRC that he wont be paying out interest even after promising it. So this by default is what shows me that the bet has already been lossed. It's just a deadline technicality to finalize the bet.

Time's a ticking...

Quoted for truth.

I know the 9th (Sunday) is the bet deadline....but what time and time zone? We need an official countdown.
nazgulnarsil

Activity: 672
Merit: 258

https://cryptassist.io

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 01:57:38 AM

Is matthew still taking bet increases?  Closed out several client accounts today.  Can transfer to BTC on request though the xfer would take a few days since it isn't on gox already.

1750 BTC

1EzdZBu6DJUqScXFbRYbTXPqTcXNAUKAxc

People who aren't willing to roll the dice should stop trolling.  You just look like idiots.  Put at least some skin in the game if you want to mouth off.  it doesn't matter if it's $5 or $5000.

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 02:07:44 AM

Is matthew still taking bet increases?  Closed out several client accounts today.  Can transfer to BTC on request though the xfer would take a few days since it isn't on gox already.

1750 BTC

People who aren't willing to roll the dice should stop trolling.  You just look like idiots.  Put at least some skin in the game if you want to mouth off.  it doesn't matter if it's $5 or $5000.

Who are you talking to?

Most of us here are in fact betting against Matthew.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2012, 02:15:48 AM

I know the 9th (Sunday) is the bet deadline....but what time and time zone? We need an official countdown.
Korea. It's in one of his posts in the bet thread.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
Fluttershy

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 02:19:28 AM

1750 BTC

Are you betting with or against him?

And I wanted to bet but Matt wouldn't let me.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: