Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:24:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussion about 10,000BTC Bet (Official)  (Read 104432 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:19:03 AM

Edit:  Just saw this posted on IRC

<_matthew_> The fact that there were this many people willing to do a bet without escrow shows you how ignorant and greedy this community can get

That's his point? That we trusted him to not be a dick? Shame on us! Somebody escrow my damn coins already.

This is where you hear what Matthew's intentions are in his own voice.

http://www.donkdown.com/media/DDRadio-2012_08_22_19_00_07.mp3

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:22:05 AM

<_matthew_> The fact that there were this many people willing to do a bet without escrow shows you how ignorant and greedy this community can get

That's his point? That we trusted him to not be a dick? Shame on us! Somebody escrow my damn coins already.

Win or lose, I'll be going back on there but just to laugh for 20 minutes straight.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:24:13 AM

Win or lose, I'll be going back on there but just to laugh for 20 minutes straight.

Sounds good. I'll be listening and hopefully with a wallet full of bitcoins.  Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

nazgulnarsil

Activity: 672
Merit: 258

https://cryptassist.io

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:28:36 AM

"The fact that there were this many people willing to do a bet without escrow shows you how ignorant and greedy this community can get"

This bet was originally about people talking shit according to you Matthew.  Now people who bet against you (and you turned down early offers of escrow IIRC) are ignorant and greedy?

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:29:42 AM

In the event that you do not pay up Sunday, I would refuse to fund an organization that is directly involved with you. If you do pay out the $650K+ in bets, I will apologize for misjudging your character, and I"ll be heading to B&N to pick up my first copy of Bitcoin Magazine.
I would refuse to fund an organization that is directly involved with you.

I'm not sure if there are any bitcoin businesses not directly involved with me. Guess you'll be leaving bitcoin then.
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:32:14 AM

if I receive bet winnings, the first thing I do will be to purchase a magazine. Or at least donate.
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2012, 06:40:11 AM

Curious words.  Doesn't make me feel too good about risking 1000 BTC vs. you, very low confidence in Matt's ability to pay this obvious losing bet now.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
labestiol

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:41:28 AM

What about you both answer ?

+1.  Something smells rotten in Denmark...

That would be their cheese, don't worry about it.
(Sorry, I need to get to 100 posts in a hurry.  Tongue)

BTW, la bestiole, you French?

Yep I am French.
And BTW, nothing smells more than French cheese

Now back to the topic.

1BestioLC7YBVh8Q5LfH6RYURD6MrpP8y6
Fluttershy

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:42:07 AM

Look, I want in on this action. I haven't done anything trollish so I don't see why you're rejecting my wager.

if I receive bet winnings, the first thing I do will be to purchase a magazine. Or at least donate.
I'd buy a magazine too if I won, I don't see why not. And one of those casascius (fake edit: had to go check the spelling) bitcoins as well, to commemorate the victory.

CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:46:09 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2012, 07:17:41 AM by CrazyBlane

Curious words.  Doesn't make me feel too good about risking 1000 BTC vs. you, very low confidence in Matt's ability to pay this obvious losing bet now.

Agreed, I'm not sure what would be so funny about losing and paying $650k.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:48:05 AM

Curious words.  Doesn't make me feel too good about risking 1000 BTC vs. you, very low confidence in Matt's ability to pay this obvious losing bet now.

Well Micon, he did sound sincere when you guys talked.

If he shows up on your show and hasnt paid if he lost then things are going to get interesting.

I'm just waiting for the 9th to roll around before passing any judgement on Matthew's ability or intentions on paying. I think he deserves that.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:52:40 AM

This pretty much plainly says Matthew has no intention of paying out.

In the event that you do not pay up Sunday, I would refuse to fund an organization that is directly involved with you. If you do pay out the $650K+ in bets, I will apologize for misjudging your character, and I"ll be heading to B&N to pick up my first copy of Bitcoin Magazine.
I would refuse to fund an organization that is directly involved with you.

I'm not sure if there are any bitcoin businesses not directly involved with me. Guess you'll be leaving bitcoin then.
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 07:12:02 AM

If he's genuine about paying I'd feel to guilty to take his money it would be little more than theft from someone very misguided.

Every legit business on this forum seems to be treated respectfully and 95% of the time "trolls" make accusations it's with very good reason. Trolls are your friends Matthew, if the things they say hurt you because they're true that's just because you're a pussy and isn't worth losing your house boat and car over.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 07:17:11 AM

Trolls are your friends Matthew, if the things they say hurt you because they're true defamation and total FUD and are only said to try and make you lose business, that's just because you're a pussy and isn't worth losing your house boat and car over you're a normal human being who reacts rationally to parasites who should be destroyed.

FTFY

Chang Hum

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 07:30:49 AM

Trolls are your friends Matthew, if the things they say hurt you because they're true defamation and total FUD and are only said to try and make you lose business, that's just because you're a pussy and isn't worth losing your house boat and car over you're a normal human being who reacts rationally to parasites who should be destroyed.

FTFY

Matthew you seem like a nice bloke I'm not trying to be horrible to you but what your standing for is warped: Real people have lost a substantial amount of real money because they didn't listen to so called trolls spreading fud. Hopefully pirate will face criminal responsibility for what he's done.

The trolls aren't the parasites in all this, and you're idea of teaching people a lesson seems to be lining their pockets with gold.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 07:32:48 AM

FTFY

should people who made bets with you be destroyed?

*Chaang Noi tells everyone that his bonds are in default
*Chaang Noi tells Matthew that he thinks Pirate will pay out
*Chaang Noi tells Pirate that he won't cooperate when asked for very basic details
*Chaang Noi continues to sell his bonds as if nothing is happening and evades every direct question about them responding with just "lol"
*Chaang Noi tells Matthew that he won't bet in his thread because he wants escrow
*Chaang Noi asks numerous other individuals to approach Matthew to bet for him while instructing them to keep it a secret
*Chaang Noi tells Matthew "Pirate needs to talk to my lawyer to do anything"
*Chaang Noi fails horribly at attempting to sabotage and profit from bet and is labelled "scummy fuck" by everyone on IRC
*Chaang Noi comes to forums because he's currently ignored on IRC

Real people have lost a substantial amount of real money because they didn't listen to so called trolls spreading fud. Hopefully pirate will face criminal responsibility for what he's done.
Yes, I couldn't agree more. If pirate in fact is running away with people's money (which hasn't happened) I would definitely be the -first- in line to track him down and see to it that justice is done properly. Seems like a very fun thing to do actually.

The trolls aren't the parasites in all this
You just contradicted your point. You said pirate has stolen money when it just isn't so  -yet-, then you said you hope he is criminally prosecuted for something that hasn't even been proven yet, then you said trolls are here to help. Nothing about what you say is helping, it's just trolling.

Chang Hum

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 07:40:22 AM

You just contradicted your point. You said pirate has stolen money when it just isn't so  -yet-, then you said you hope he is criminally prosecuted for something that hasn't even been proven yet, then you said trolls are here to help. Nothing about what you say is helping, it's just trolling.

No it's not helping Matthew because your heads so far up your arsehole you can't listen to reason. I've absolutely not contradicted myself and yes if you listened to people like me who you regard as trolls you would have stopped betting a long time ago so it would have helped you a lot.... from yourself!
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 07:42:47 AM

No it's not helping Matthew because your heads so far up your arsehole you can't listen to reason. I've absolutely not contradicted myself and yes if you listened to people like me who you regard as trolls you would have stopped betting a long time ago so it would have helped you a lot.... from yourself!

Your "voice of reason" assumes I am losing money on this bet and that people won't be learning a valuable lesson. This thread was created to ask question. It turned out exactly like I thought it would-- a bunch of people barking, throwing accusations and making veiled threats "gonna get a scammer tag!" rofl. It's been comical. If you're not a troll, please just turn away, this show isn't for you.

Dansker

Activity: 740

Hello world!

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 07:45:46 AM

Oh Mattheus,

It was fun calling you out on your magazine being ever so massively delayed, and your promises falling apart back then.

Now it seems to happen here as well with other people picking up my torch.

And hey, where is bitcoin magazine #2? Tongue

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 07:50:06 AM

Now it seems to happen here as well with other people picking up my torch.
If we do this enough times, the community might finally figure out that they're wrong. Naah, that'd be hoping too much in sperg land.

And hey, where is bitcoin magazine #2? Tongue

#2 and #3 were both shipped. Hope it comes quickly!

Btw How's Coineer? Haven't seen it....seems like they're a fraud. They announced they'd have another issue and it never materialized. What a scam.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: