Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:11:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussion about 10,000BTC Bet (Official)  (Read 104432 times)
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 12:35:29 AM

I think 14 year olds are hotties. Dudes, its not Creepy.

Dont mind him he is from the Medieval Times when 50 year olds got with 14 year olds like white on rice. I wish we were in those times still!

see what I did thur.

harhar. it was just as funny as wad u dided up dar...

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 12:38:54 AM

I think 14 year olds are hotties. Dudes, its not Creepy.

Dont mind him he is from the Medieval Times when 50 year olds got with 14 year olds like white on rice. Sadpandatech wish we were in those times still!

see what I did thur.

harhar. it was just as funny as wad u dided up dar...

Ahh i see...

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 12:42:56 AM

#6 What drugs are you on at the moment? List Legal and Non Legal.

That's a very rude question.  How many bitcoins do you have?  

I've never done drugs (at least not knowingly) in my life.

I've heard people say this before and I've always stood in wonder.. what could they possibly mean?  Really they have no concept of what the word drug means?  Despite the importance drugs have had in human society?  A dictionary might be helpful if that is really the case..    

More likely it is kind of a statement of faith, like claiming the virgin birth or Joseph Smith really had gold tablets delivered by angels.  You say it not because you really think its true, but to prove to others you are better than them or part of some elite club.  

Or it means something else?  Enlighten me.  

Well I'm not so interested in the elite club unless it helps improve human knowledge and make us safer and smarter so I'm gonna go send some coins to Erowid instead.  If you have any interested in drugs as a hater and/or user you will appreciate their resources.  And you will like they have a coin logo on their front page now Smiley  

http://www.erowid.org/donations/donations_bitcoin.php    

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 12:53:58 AM

I'm still agonizing over which is funnier... watching the entire spreadsheet worth of bettors get pantsed in public, or the outcry over it.

If anyone who had an IQ reaching into double digits did any background on Matty, and his Hilarious Horde of Hijinks you would have known good and early that this would turn out to be a spoof, a canard, a bon geste. You have all been made out to look as foolish as online personas can possibly be, and every single bettor who lined up for this abuse looks about as intelligent as the losers on To Catch A Predator, who stand there dumbfounded, wondering why they aren't screwing a 14 year old hottie, and they are being grilled on TV instead.

I would imagine the only remorse Matt has is that it fell on the 9th of September, and not the 1st of April.

What a boatload of buffoons! Quick, back into your clown car and go chasing after the next great scheme... you know they next one has to be real...
This needs to stay...too good not to quote.

What abuse exactly? those who made bets lost nothing. Matthew received a scammer tag.

Bad trolls need to stay home.
I'll say it again. Many people used the bet as a hedge; this usage was actually encouraged. Matthew had an undeniable amount of credibility at the time.
I bet (heh) that people did lose money.

1. Investor notices the bet thread
2. Investor notices TYGRR-BOND-P is trading at 0.1 BTC
3. Investor buys 1 share
4. Investor bets 1 BTC
5. MNW exposes the "loophole"
6. Investor is forced to sell his share again, at a loss of 0.04 BTC.

Just because MNW didn't gain doesn't mean others didn't lose. If I break your window, neither of us gain. I'd still be an asshole though, especially if there's no recourse you have against me.

Did you make a bet with matthew?  Did you give him credibility at that time of that bet.  If so that I would have to question your judgement.  If not why are you defending those who did.

I already gave him zero credibility before the bet which is why I never bet him  Grin

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 12:56:29 AM

Name:    Matthew N. Wright
Position:    SCAMMER
Date Registered:    June 16, 2011, 03:19:25 PM
Last Active:    Today at 01:49:01 AM <--- 5 min ago

He must be appreciating all the attention he got... reading and reading about himself lol
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 12:58:03 AM

He must be appreciating all the attention he got... reading and reading about himself lol

Psy let's put him on ignore.

That will piss him off if everyone does that.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078

BCJ

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 12:58:40 AM

Of course he is and we are all stroking his ego.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 01:03:12 AM

What for? He's not posting. And I'm not mad about him not paying, just about his lame excuse.
I would respect him more if he just said: Fuck you all, I'm not paying a dime. That's what you get for trusting me.

1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 01:18:01 AM

What for? He's not posting. And I'm not mad about him not paying, just about his lame excuse.
I would respect him more if he just said: Fuck you all, I'm not paying a dime. That's what you get for trusting me.

Absolutely +1

What enrages me (yes, rage is the trot word) isnt that I didn't get what I never was going to get, but the true fact of a significant financial loss: popcorn. I even purchased extra butter. This is all we get? A play on words? I am so let down by an aweful cop out ending.

If you're gonna get the scammer tag, at least earn it by going out like a man.

bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 01:37:04 AM

Agreed, I could give him a nominal amount of respect if he did that. But his statements prior, and subsequent weasel words show he was actually hoping for a payday. Despicable.

Also, trying to equate MNW bettors with pirate investors is ridiculous. MNW bettors lost 0 coin. On the other hand, to invest in pirate and then used MNW as a hedge (instead of selling PPT bonds for whatever they could get), is truly sad.

Worst part is, MNW acted like he was helping pirate investors. But they're the ones who got hurt, not the scam-callers he was attempting to "teach a lesson".

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
bitcoinsydney

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 01:45:14 AM

In all honestty though, I actually feel VIOLATED.

It's as if Matthew reached into my pocket and stole the Bitcoins right out from under me. This couldn't have come at a worse time, as I already spent the Bitcoins that I had planned to win, so in essence, he's not only a Scammer, but also a thief. Matthew stole my bitcoins.

You should slap yourself for spending money you didn't have.

What did you spend the coins on?
lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 01:47:00 AM

Never seen anyone commit social suicide via the internet before.  Shocked

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 01:49:43 AM

Pretty weak, can't say I'm shocked.

Dissapointed in Matt, will never bet with him again of course, and I believe he deserves the scamatar.

From a damage control standpoint, I hope this community separates the awesome work done by the handful of fine gentlemen that work on Bitcoin Magazine with this 1 crazy and hurtful action made by a guy that also works on the magazine.   Of course the backlash towards the magazine is unavoidable when you welch on a $700k+ bet, so that much shouldn't shock Matt or the others involved with that project - some users will not want to give any business to an entity that makes Matt coin.

I personally will be writing an article on BTC gambling for Bitcoin Magazine and I fully support that project after getting my issue #1 delivered a few months late I read it cover to cover and it was so well written and well produced I called every BTC friend in Vegas to see if they wanted to borrow it.  (my issues #2 & #3 are also pretty late, I think I ordered them 3-4 weeks ago - but it's that good I don't care as long as it gets here in calendar 2012)  I will write articles for free for BTC mag as many as they will take from me just to support their amazing magazine which certainly brings bitcoin awareness to many.

This was an idiotic thing for Matt to do.  He has lost almost all credibility with me.  Gamblers take bets very seriously, and had I lost I would have paid.  Because he didn't do that for me, we won't do any future business involving coin.  While me writing articles may directly make Matt coin, I will accept that injustice to fulfill the greater good of spreading BTC.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
jwzguy

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 01:51:31 AM

Dissapointed in Matt, will never bet with him again of course, and I believe he deserves the scamatar.

From a damage control standpoint, I hope this community separates the awesome work done by the handful of fine gentlemen that work on Bitcoin Magazine with this 1 crazy and hurtful action made by a guy that also works on the magazine.   Of course the backlash towards the magazine is unavoidable when you welch on a $700k+ bet, so that much shouldn't shock Matt or the others involved with that project - some users will not want to give any business to an entity that makes Matt coin.

I personally will be writing an article on BTC gambling for Bitcoin Magazine and I fully support that project after getting my issue #1 delivered a few months late I read it cover to cover and it was so well written and well produced I called every BTC friend in Vegas to see if they wanted to borrow it.  (my issues #2 & #3 are also pretty late, I think I ordered them 3-4 weeks ago - but it's that good I don't care as long as it gets here in calendar 2012)  I will write articles for free for BTC mag as many as they will take from me just to support their amazing magazine which certainly brings bitcoin awareness to many.

This was an idiotic thing for Matt to do.  He has lost almost all credibility with me.  Gamblers take bets very seriously, and had I lost I would have paid.  Because he didn't do that for me, we won't do any future business involving coin.  While me writing articles may directly make Matt coin, I will accept that injustice to fulfill the greater good of spreading BTC.

If the people who own the magazine kick him to the curb, then I will be happy to separate their work and reputation from his. Until then, I hope you'll post your article elsewhere, because I sure as hell won't be reading it in print.
Micon
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 01:57:27 AM

Matt is invited to come on DonkDown radio on Wed. to discuss this matter.

I feel a follow-up interview to his first one is needed at this point.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
jwzguy

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 01:59:25 AM

I hope you play him some clips of the other show.
Micon
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 02:06:44 AM

yes of course I will.  I believe I asked him directly "are you going to make up some weak reason at the end..." or something very close to that when he was on the show a few weeks ago. 

myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 02:09:25 AM

yes of course I will.  I believe I asked him directly "are you going to make up some weak reason at the end..." or something very close to that when he was on the show a few weeks ago. 

I look forward to hearing that show. Post a link to it here once it's up.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 02:16:38 AM

I enjoy reading what you write a lot more when you write in a similar fashion to this last post. Low on hyperbole and no emotive language, no references to genitalia/sex acts. It reads much more professionally and I pay it more attention - it might stand you in good stead if you wish to make this investigative journalism gig long term.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
bigasic

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:23:49 AM

Thank goodness that Bitcoin magazine has officially accepted his resignation from all responsibilities. This is the first step to recovery..

Bitcoin Magazine now has my full support..

They were innocent victims and have responded quickly and forcefully.. I applaud their behavior..

AR
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: