Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:12:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A Public Plea for Civility  (Read 4900 times)
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 07:39:23 PM

The problem really lies in the Marketplace, where posts are over run by random dumb comments. If someone post a security, goods, or services type post why do people feel the need to comment if they can not contribute?
[..snip..]
But what are we to do as the whole? I think the Market place needs a overhaul really bad with stricter posting guidelines.

The problem with the Marketplace is that its overrun by "give me money" scams and ponzis. "Give me money and I'll give you back a percentage of it" scams are extremely anti-civil and damaging to the community and to the economy.

The dumb clutter is all the comments like "he paid me back 20BTC so I just gave him 2,000 BTC Smiley two thumbs up. trustworthy guy with high rating". Everyone can see where that logic got them with pirate.

Marketplace, securities, lending, etc. would be removed it were up to me. Pirate and pass-through operators and ponzi copycats and "mining biz" loan-takers should start a forum for themselves on bitcoinhyip.biz.

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
deeplink

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 08:05:25 PM

Marketplace, securities, lending, etc. would be removed it were up to me. Pirate and pass-through operators and ponzi copycats and "mining biz" loan-takers should start a forum for themselves on bitcoinhyip.biz.

+1
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 09:27:29 PM

+1

The entire marketplace on a system based around a method of exchange should be removed? Smart. Idiots will always soon be parted from their money, as they always have been. This will never change. Scamming is one thing, but a holder of assets can not claim to have no responsibility in the matter.
Chong Ciao

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 01:36:24 PM

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Thats part of the freedom of speech of course and I fully support!, but....
Moderators and administrators with their special powers are not accountable when profiting from proven scams???
not even needing to fear that those brotherhoodly gained powers are being taken away or even questioned ?

Even we newbies, coming with press transported hopes and illusions can see, that this forum is an undemocratic, inbreeding chain - letter, where moderators, heromembers
are colluding to skin us off.
If this is a false impression, I appologize , but then tell me , how the highest authority is allowed to leave this post uncommented:

I don't trust any PPT operators.

Theymos (who admits knowledge of and engagement in fraud) and other forum admins (shills) also helped Pirate and PPT operators by facilitating their promotion and encouraging/stickying Patrick's bogus ratings.

best posts:

How about you do a big public apology first to all the people that warned you, but that you have been shouting down and insulting for over 6 months and more importantly,  to the people who trusted your judgement, but that you misled by pretending you knew more than you really did?

The same goes for the rest of the pirate promo team who are now all pretending to be only victims fighting for the righteous cause.

I'd strongly advise filing complaints with whatever information you already have and adding any extra information you have as it comes in.  The longer it takes before those who can access all sorts of information about Trendon Shavers which this community cannot start investigating, the more opportunity he has to muddy the trail.

I also believe that it if it was legitimate to ask Bitcoin Magazine to distance itself from Matthew, it is equally legitimate to ask the other members of GPUMax to distance themselves from Trendon and to make a public statement regarding his current role in relation to that entity and whether or not GPUMax itself had any exposure to BS&T (we know that they shared a wallet, but we have no idea to what extent the businesses may have crossed over in other ways).

I doubt very much that no-one closely associated with Trendon knew what he was doing.  It's likely some were complicit in his fraud.

Will this auspicious collection of righteous souls also be going after the Pass Through operators who made a tidy little profit shilling for pirate, handling the recruitment of his victims, performing the actual transfer of his victim's funds into his scheme and now all want to so handily hide behind his skirt and claim no culpability?

Seems somehow disingenuous for anyone involved as a co-conspirator to get involved in an effort to track down the bad guy. Of course, OJ claimed he was hunting for his ex-wife's killer while still wiping the warm blood off his gloves, so I guess nothing should surprise us any more.

And drop the potentially. If this effort isn't already exploring every possible legal avenue with full disclosure and cooperation from every PPT operator to help out the investigation on behalf of the victims that you helped create, then this is clearly a scheme for a little extra taste for the poor junior boys who didn't make out like true bandits at the big people's table.

And I have been a very interested observer as you have learned how to put together your ventures. Your learning process has been very public. You just need to think about tightening up on the details now that investment mogul has turned to as-yet uncharged con-conspirator. You are standing at that crossroads where you have to decide who you are- a scummy little sycophant who is trying to bluff his way out of responsibility with empty words, or a man of honor who will do the right thing, and own his mistake, be honest about it, and work to make it better. And perhaps, a small note of humility and contrition?
[/quote]

[/quote]

The fish stinks from the head and some slates need to be wiped clean, if bitcoin wants to get not only the smoke and mirrors image intended by this forum but rather
the factual trustworthyness, inherently given by its technical properties!

Lets see how far there is still a freedom of speech ingrained at this place
left alone consequences to damaging groupthink  Shocked Huh Wink
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 01:40:57 PM

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Thats part of the freedom of speech of course and I fully support!, but....
Moderators and administrators with their special powers are not accountable when profiting from proven scams???

proven scam != likely scam
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 01:51:20 PM

I think it would be in the very best interest of the community not to let obvious scams run rampant on this forum.

You say freedom of speech. Well, people can run scams, but why should people that come to this (i suppose the larget bitcoin forum), be exposed for it here, and I also think that such operations should not be allowed to run ads here.

If the mods and admins do not want to 'censor' such criminal enterprises, then perhaps there should be some feature that people could use that would lable users and threads that are likely to be scams, as such.

To avoid being scammed in this community it seems you need to be super paranoid and having a engineers degree. Smiley Of course, the old saying: "If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is" is still valid.

I don't think known scammers and schemes that are 99.9999999% sure to be frauds should not have any place whatsoever in this forum.

There will always be scammers and frauds, but I don't think we should support them or avoid taking actions because of 'freedom of speech'.
Chong Ciao

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 02:05:28 PM

I think it would be in the very best interest of the community not to let obvious scams run rampant on this forum.

You say freedom of speech. Well, people can run scams, but why should people that come to this (i suppose the larget bitcoin forum), be exposed for it here, and I also think that such operations should not be allowed to run ads here.

If the mods and admins do not want to 'censor' such criminal enterprises, then perhaps there should be some feature that people could use that would lable users and threads that are likely to be scams, as such.

To avoid being scammed in this community it seems you need to be super paranoid and having a engineers degree. Smiley Of course, the old saying: "If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is" is still valid.

I don't think known scammers and schemes that are 99.9999999% sure to be frauds should not have any place whatsoever in this forum.

There will always be scammers and frauds, but I don't think we should support them or avoid taking actions because of 'freedom of speech'.

obvious scams, likely scams are not proven scams   am not asking to take anything down but asking for consequences to the powers of moderators and administrators
when they try to or actually profited in proven scams !
gene

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 10:15:35 PM

Even we newbies, coming with press transported hopes and illusions can see, that this forum is an undemocratic, inbreeding chain - letter, where moderators, heromembers
If this is a false impression, I appologize , but then tell me , how the highest authority is allowed to leave this post uncommented:

Theymos thinks that by ignoring criticism, that people here will forget or overlook his active roles in the scams.

This place is a sewer of scam artists and miscellaneous bottom feeders, including some of the admins.

*processing payment* *error 404 : funds not found*
Do you want to complain on the forum just to fall for another scam a few days later?
| YES       |        YES |
Chong Ciao

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 10:30:00 PM

Theymos thinks that by ignoring criticism, that people here will forget or overlook his active roles in the scams.

This place is a sewer of scam artists and miscellaneous bottom feeders, including some of the admins.

Still no problem here....everybody should be free to sell anybody some bridges.....this is free human will.......and for that I like this place.....but privileging some
in this game is wrong......there must be a higher moral standard and integrity to people , who are handed the power over others.....and when evidently attained
the ordour of dishonesty and greed in their behaviour those powers have to be taken away or any attempt at civility is completly in vain !
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: