Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:59:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Going after Trendon Shavers, Pirateat40, BTCST  (Read 48461 times)
El Cabron (OP)
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 05:14:02 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2012, 02:46:56 PM by Chaang Noi (Goat) ช้างน้อย

Update: See this thread    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108657.0

Greetings Bitcoin community,

There is a group of us who are gathering evidence and collecting names for legal action against Trendon Shavers, Pirateat40, BTCST.

We have collected a large amount of information and are working with the Bitcoin Police. We will be consulting a lawyer and potentially law enforcement.

The main goal would be to have as many coins recovered as possible however a second goal would be legal justice. Sadly at this time we have reason to believe fraud occurred. However we will assume that he is innocent until proven to be guilty.

Soon we will be asking for evidence, time, expert legal help, and BTC.

We are letting the public know that action is being taken and that once we set up a structure we will welcome the communities help.

There will be a meeting this weekend with more information being made public.

If you would like to help please just watch this thread.

At this time we are not collecting BTC, evidence or anything else. We need to set up a structure.

If you feel you could be a key member or even take the point on this please contact me directly.

Thank you ~Goat~

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 05:31:34 AM

Sadly at this time we have reason to believe fraud occurred.
If Pirate provides evidence that he was actually operating a passthrough to Zeek, will you still hold him responsible for returning your coins?

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
bitcoiners

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 05:46:43 AM

Seriously, I shart a little every time I read that phrase, "Bitcoin Police".  Oh no!!!  Don't call them!!!

Call the real cops/fbi/irs if you believe fraud has been committed.  Otherwise you won't see support from me.

Plan so far is collect evidence, get lawyer, go to FBI for wire fraud.

Cool, glad to hear it.  Honestly, I didn't like you at first.  But to me it really looks like you are attempting to help your shareholders.  I hope I'm not wrong.

Cheers!
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 05:58:31 AM

Seriously, I shart a little every time I read that phrase, "Bitcoin Police".  Oh no!!!  Don't call them!!!

Call the real cops/fbi/irs if you believe fraud has been committed.  Otherwise you won't see support from me.

Plan so far is collect evidence, get lawyer, go to FBI for wire fraud.

Cool, glad to hear it.  Honestly, I didn't like you at first.  But to me it really looks like you are attempting to help your shareholders.  I hope I'm not wrong.

Cheers!

This is not just me. I have talked to many many people involved. We waited for Matthew to lose the bet and Pirate to get a scammers tag and are now organizing.

I don't think I am the best guy for this job but well someone has to kick the ball first. I hope there is a trusted member of the community who is willing to take this over.

And on a sad note I will be traveling for the next 3 days and will have limited computer access. But anyway I will do what I can.

Thanks.

Train or Plane ?

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 06:01:06 AM

I think the guys from CLAG should be involved because I doubt anyone will donate btc to you goat even if only indirectly.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76216.0

Electricbees

Activity: 322

We are bees, and we hate you.

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 06:05:01 AM

Bravo, Goat. Glad to see this thread.

Donations are welcome!
1BEES19ds5gEnRBoU1qNFPfjRXe94trMG3
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 06:10:53 AM

I think the guys from CLAG should be involved because I doubt anyone will donate btc to you goat even if only indirectly.

I do not know what GLAG is but some people have already offered me BTC but I do not want it. That is not a role I will take part in. Sadly all the trusted ninjas like Maged do not have large accounts with BTCST however might be willing to fill this role for us.

Thanks for your support.

I do support the action though. Good luck.

Willowbitcoin

Activity: 106
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 06:13:24 AM

Goat you have my full support and i will donate BTC.

Whether people supported pirate or screamed from the rooftops that he was a ponzi, everyone should support this.
If scammers start to face real life justice we will start to see less and less of them in BTC land.

That can only be a good thing for everyone ( and the price of BTC ).
apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 06:18:48 AM

maybe worth a try:
there is http://www.zeekrewardsreceivership.com/
which claims that there is a lawyer collecting claims. i'd say you can express the suspicion that he was a passthrough to zeek.

from the lawer's pdf:
I encourage those affected to email
questions as well as relevant account information to info@zeekrewardsreceivership.com.
There, every message received will be read and catalogued. An official claim form will
also soon be made available on this site and each filed claim will be considered at the
time the assets are allocated back to the victims.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 06:19:14 AM

Will this auspicious collection of righteous souls also be going after the Pass Through operators who made a tidy little profit shilling for pirate, handling the recruitment of his victims, performing the actual transfer of his victim's funds into his scheme and now all want to so handily hide behind his skirt and claim no culpability?

Seems somehow disingenuous for anyone involved as a co-conspirator to get involved in an effort to track down the bad guy. Of course, OJ claimed he was hunting for his ex-wife's killer while still wiping the warm blood off his gloves, so I guess nothing should surprise us any more.

And if this particular clown car actually starts rolling... you may want to check your own records PPT folks... you had a secret clubhouse with the guy, you had ongoing secret dialog with him, it would only be reasonable to think that a gaggle of top flight biznessmen like yourselves would at least have a real name and phone number for the guy you gave $5,000,000 to, wouldn't it?

And in the sense of fair warning... if anybody asks for a penny of "contribution" for this effort, you will be the straw that broke the dam, and will become target number 1 for all abuse, serious questioning, threats of uncertain but very scary harm and concentrated legal action against you. Even stepping onto the path of "creating a structure" for that kind of heaping salt into the wound smacks of wanting to dig in and grab a few coins for yourself after the major crime has been committed.

And drop the potentially. If this effort isn't already exploring every possible legal avenue with full disclosure and cooperation from every PPT operator to help out the investigation on behalf of the victims that you helped create, then this is clearly a scheme for a little extra taste for the poor junior boys who didn't make out like true bandits at the big people's table.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 06:20:21 AM

Whether people supported pirate or screamed from the rooftops that he was a ponzi, everyone should support this.
If scammers start to face real life justice we will start to see less and less of them in BTC land.

No. Sending one penny to the conspirators who worked with pirate to rip off $5,000,000 of other people's money is exactly the opposite of what anyone should do.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 06:20:55 AM

Will this auspicious collection of righteous souls also be going after the Pass Through operators who made a tidy little profit shilling for pirate, handling the recruitment of his victims, performing the actual transfer of his victim's funds into his scheme and now all want to so handily hide behind his skirt and claim no culpability?

Seems somehow disingenuous for anyone involved as a co-conspirator to get involved in an effort to track down the bad guy. Of course, OJ claimed he was hunting for his ex-wife's killer while still wiping the warm blood off his gloves, so I guess nothing should surprise us any more.

And if this particular clown car actually starts rolling... you may want to check your own records PPT folks... you had a secret clubhouse with the guy, you had ongoing secret dialog with him, it would only be reasonable to think that a gaggle of top flight biznessmen like yourselves would at least have a real name and phone number for the guy you gave $5,000,000 to, wouldn't it?

And in the sense of fair warning... if anybody asks for a penny of "contribution" for this effort, you will be the straw that broke the dam, and will become target number 1 for all abuse, serious questioning, threats of uncertain but very scary harm and concentrated legal action against you. Even stepping onto the path of "creating a structure" for that kind of heaping salt into the wound smacks of wanting to dig in and grab a few coins for yourself after the major crime has been committed.

And drop the potentially. If this effort isn't already exploring every possible legal avenue with full disclosure and cooperation from every PPT operator to help out the investigation on behalf of the victims that you helped create, then this is clearly a scheme for a little extra taste for the poor junior boys who didn't make out like true bandits at the big people's table.
+1 You guys are a bunch of clowns if you're calling the police to get back your ponzi money.

CLOWNS...
P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 06:28:57 AM

No. Sending one penny to the conspirators who worked with pirate to rip off $5,000,000 of other people's money is exactly the opposite of what anyone should do.

+100
Anyone who still has any faith in this cabal should have their heads checked. Its like  the getaway driver investigating the bank robbery.

BinaryMage

Activity: 560

Ad astra.

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 06:58:39 AM

Good luck Goat. As Loup so eloquently puts it, us 'righteous souls' who take the so terribly illogical step of actually doing something, or at least making pretenses at doing something, will need all the auspiciousness we can get. I know not whether to trust you or frankly anyone these days, but I am willing to help if good reason exists.

Loup, your poignant wordplay is beyond my ability to contest, and I will not bother to endeavor, but unfailing pessimism, while it may attract legions in the tarpits of our dear friend the Internet, has little sway in the strange world outside that glowing screen. For once, I entreat you, use your clear capability in a more pragmatic fashion with regards to this so joyful community. You might be surprised, and I suspect pleased, at what results.

This effort may, and probably is, all for naught - with that I cannot disagree. Regardless, the only way we can guarantee failure is by failing to try. Now, you tell me, where's the fun in that?

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 06:59:29 AM

Goat, comments like "This is not a job I want." etc. show that you are not the right man for the job. Sad Nothing personal.
Get someone else to lead this project. Someone who has the time, brains, balls and desire to see it succeed.

One more thing, please close this thread but keep it updated or this will turn into another 50+ pages of verbal diarrhea and trollfest, where people are jerking of to their own writings on the wall of nonsense. (look at any PPT thread).

Cheers and good luck.

PS! And for fuck sake, stop slinging shit at each other. Concentrate your frustration and anger on pirateat40, asshole who screwed as all! Even those, who never invested in hist scams.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
labestiol

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 07:45:43 AM

Nice to see something finally happening...
I really think you should contact the CLAG (see here), they will probably be of some help.
And clearly you're not the one who should lead this, as a former passthrough operator and someone who defended BTCST as long as it was standing.

All the best to you guys

1BestioLC7YBVh8Q5LfH6RYURD6MrpP8y6
Luno

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 11:33:59 AM

The justice system doesn't work for free. If  to many demand regulation, taxation will find us maybe even on depositor accounts. If one has a legal Bitcoin business, you are in your right to take legal action as you pay taxes. We  can't have both.

I won't generalize, but in my country, in the EU, participating in a pyramid scheme is illegal, even on the lowest level where you only loose your own money, therefore you have no legal claim to make and as a payment processor or pass through, you have a greater liability and might face jail time . Some might think that governments do not have the right to decide what's a Ponzy, but the fact is that where I live there has never been a large scale gambling / pyramid scandal with a lot of lesser off people loosing their life savings. Pension funds / bank- scandals we have had our share of though.
sgravina

Activity: 451

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 11:34:57 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2012, 11:50:00 AM by sgravina

I support this.  I lost between 300 - 400 bitcoins in TYGRR.BOND-P.  I was gambling and I was wrong.  But I would like to recover what I can.

Some are discussing violence.  Please don't.  My Dad was murdered and it was a very unpleasant experience for everyone.  12 years on and our family is still recovering.

Pirateat40 should do what he can to repay and his lenders should do what they can to get repaid.

The monetary loss is not that big for me.  I earn that much money in a month, with some to spare.  But I do find the whole law versus bitcoin interaction interesting.  I want to see it play out.

I still have faith in Pirateat40.  I'm just a faithful kind of guy.  Plus, he just sent me some more GPUMAX bitcoins.  Part of his buisness is still sticking to its commitments.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 12:17:24 PM

The justice system doesn't work for free. If  to many demand regulation, taxation will find us maybe even on depositor accounts. If one has a legal Bitcoin business, you are in your right to take legal action as you pay taxes. We  can't have both.

I won't generalize, but in my country, in the EU, participating in a pyramid scheme is illegal, even on the lowest level where you only loose your own money, therefore you have no legal claim to make and as a payment processor or pass through, you have a greater liability and might face jail time . Some might think that governments do not have the right to decide what's a Ponzy, but the fact is that where I live there has never been a large scale gambling / pyramid scandal with a lot of lesser off people loosing their life savings. Pension funds / bank- scandals we have had our share of though.

This means there is a business opportunity to start private investigation services for bitcoin.

Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:07:44 PM

Welp, if this was pirate's address the last of the coins left to go get laundered a few hours ago... 158000BTC...
http://blockchain.info/address/1DkyBEKt5S2GDtv7aQw6rQepAvnsRyHoYM
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: