Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:49:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I trust BTC exchanges?  (Read 21684 times)
addy boy

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 08:43:46 AM

yes you can trust when there is no other options in your hand but I won't until I get the full controls on my coins that means having a private key
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 10:03:25 AM

yes you can trust when there is no other options in your hand but I won't until I get the full controls on my coins that means having a private key

Can you suggest an exchange that they give you the private key?
Until now i haven't seen at least one exchange?
Some that i had experience are Cryptsy, bter, YoBit, poloniex and they dont give you access to private key
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 10:48:58 AM

I definetely don't trust any exchanger service, because mostly their not give a private key. What an exchanger which can give you a private key?
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 10:54:24 AM

I definetely don't trust any exchanger service, because mostly their not give a private key. What an exchanger which can give you a private key?

exchanges will probably never give us a private key as our deposited coins directly get sent to several wallets in a mixing process and eventually end up in their cold or hot wallets.
lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 11:16:03 AM

exchanges will probably never give us a private key as our deposited coins directly get sent to several wallets in a mixing process and eventually end up in their cold or hot wallets.

That's how the exchanges work, our bitcoin goes to their wallet
And in their web app we "play" with numbers to exchange coins from one to other.
Then when we make the withdrawal request the bitcoin comes from their hot wallet, there is no room to trust your money in exchanges.
sinaninkisi

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 01:04:44 PM

Only use them for the minimum time required, then transfer the Bitcoins back to your wallet.

TinEye

Activity: 639

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 02:11:24 PM

Some that i had experience are Cryptsy, bter, YoBit, poloniex and they dont give you access to private key

you can definitely use one that do not hold your coins, like coinimal, there is an auto conversion buil in like circle, so basically your money are directly send to the recipient without sitting there
this can avoid being scammed but them or hacker, very convenient

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 02:46:39 PM

you can trust some Big Exchanger
but don't save big amount at exchanger for long time
lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 03:06:22 PM

you can definitely use one that do not hold your coins, like coinimal, there is an auto conversion buil in like circle, so basically your money are directly send to the recipient without sitting there
this can avoid being scammed but them or hacker, very convenient

How I haven't heard before for this exchange? it seems interesting
Also ATM in Australia, so many good features will join now and experimenting with it.
If you have any referral link send me in PM( i think is allowed ) so i can help you as a gift Smiley
oxiyusuf

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 03:11:19 PM

how about MT Gox,,
can you trust them? mt gox is big exchanger, but for now? he scammed everyone
many member will not guarantee an exchanger not be scam
btccashacc
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 03:12:56 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2015, 11:38:23 AM by btccashacc

how about MT Gox,,

and how about bitcoin price without big exchanger ?
coinzat

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 03:13:39 PM

For me I can trust any famous exchange site which has instant payout and with good feedbacks
btccashacc
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 03:19:15 PM

For me I can trust any famous exchange site which has instant payout and with good feedbacks

me too im trust some bigger exchanger like bittrex, poloniex, also yobit
OBAViJEST

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 03:25:47 PM

One day, no matter what, regardless of trust, the exchange will close or the site will go down

Always understand this if you keep your $/BTC/alts on such a site  Grin
lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 03:29:56 PM

Poloniex and bittrex yes, but I don't think yobit is a big exchange!!! You can see the volume of the popular coins.
Btc/usd volume 0.1, - this is not big, there are some other coins that have the volume of max 9.7BTC (Vec coin)
Nothing against them i use them too but in low volume and the deposit/withdrawal is faster than poloniex.
hoian0809
Legendary

Activity: 1020

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 03:49:22 PM

you can trust Cryptsy. I mine scrypt on Multipool as well and exchange them on Cryptsy.

Love Cryptsy or hate Cryptsy, they have been around for a long time.
OBAViJEST

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 07:43:44 PM

Poloniex and bittrex yes, but I don't think yobit is a big exchange!!! You can see the volume of the popular coins.
Btc/usd volume 0.1, - this is not big, there are some other coins that have the volume of max 9.7BTC (Vec coin)
Nothing against them i use them too but in low volume and the deposit/withdrawal is faster than poloniex.

You're correct, YoBit is a very small exchange right now, but good for new coins being released...good to see some coins flourish there (and other scamcoins perish)  Grin
oxiyusuf

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 04:22:10 AM

how about MT Gox,,

and how about bitcoin price without big exchanger ?
I do not say "big exchanger" always making scam, but at least do not make exchnager great degree of trust.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 06:55:13 AM

That depends from the exchanges. There are exchanges that had testify their seriousness and deserve faith. There are to many years of their activity and to many people that interact with those. With them you can act without problems. If then you go to others with dubious reputation you go there at yours own risk.
smith coins

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 09:29:07 AM

If you understand the term "exchange" then you should understand the purpose of it, trade/exchange what you have and leave.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: