Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:19:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I trust BTC exchanges?  (Read 21686 times)
Preen

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 07:57:13 AM

I think we've mostly past the worst of the exchange problems akin to mt.gox. The remaining exchanges have a certain level of competitive edge seeing as they are the ones that survived the onslaught.

Early technology much like the internet itself is full of risks and pirates everywhere, but eventually things will improve for the better.
smith coins

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 05:49:29 PM

I think we've mostly past the worst of the exchange problems akin to mt.gox. The remaining exchanges have a certain level of competitive edge seeing as they are the ones that survived the onslaught.

Early technology much like the internet itself is full of risks and pirates everywhere, but eventually things will improve for the better.

The security is the main part of every new exchange.
It is the most sensitive part and we have seen many hacks that have been made these past few years.
I also don't trust much the current exchange, but i leave on them a small amount to trade in alt coins.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 04:17:01 PM

The security is the main part of every new exchange.
It is the most sensitive part and we have seen many hacks that have been made these past few years.
I also don't trust much the current exchange, but i leave on them a small amount to trade in alt coins.

I also have very small amount of bitcoin in more than two exchanges. I do not want to rely on a single exchange as I'm aware of the old popular exchange stories. So, it will some what secure of bitcoins if we have accounts in more than one change and having our bitcoins split ted across many exchanges.
Proxiebuier

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 04:31:58 PM

if you not trust exchanger, so how to buy and sell your bitcoin ?

and who will determine the price of bitcoin?
troleybüs
Legendary

Activity: 1424
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 04:34:32 PM

Not everybody use exchanges. There are a lot of Bitcoin trading in OTC.
In exchanges speculators determine the price of Bitcoin, but you don't have to follow their prices. Exhanges are highly manipulative. Yo can see different prices in each exchanges.
zajebancija

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 10:18:40 PM

Trust no one Sad
Watch this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1203213.msg12635377#msg12635377
BTCBinary

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 02:41:52 PM

Nowadays you can trust them. Bitstamp got hacked and the customers funds were all secured. Today, the industry is settling and giving back confidence to the users. The bitcoin trading industry is a highly competitive industry and the leading exchanges are trying to offer an excellence service.
Proxiebuier

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 03:01:16 PM

Not everybody use exchanges. There are a lot of Bitcoin trading in OTC.
In exchanges speculators determine the price of Bitcoin, but you don't have to follow their prices. Exhanges are highly manipulative. Yo can see different prices in each exchanges.

yeahh i can see different prices in each exchanges.
but no more than 50% and diffirent price still within reasonable limits
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 03:05:55 PM

If you check the history of the bitcoin exchangers you will be shocked.
In the past few years there had been many hacks that a lot of users were affected.
Personally i lost few btc in exchange by trusting them to exchange alt coin to bitcoin.
Proxiebuier

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 03:12:06 PM

In the past few years there had been many hacks that a lot of users were affected.
Personally i lost few btc in exchange by trusting them to exchange alt coin to bitcoin.

yeahh iknow some of that : the biggest scamer "mintpal" , also swisscex, and Biggest Bitcoin exchanger Mt.Gox
im not trust 100% at exchanger because i never hold long time my bitcoin/altcoin at exchanger, i use PC wallet (altcoin) and mycellium wallet (for bitcoin)
jt byte

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 03:17:23 PM

yeahh iknow some of that : the biggest scamer "mintpal" , also swisscex, and Biggest Bitcoin exchanger Mt.Gox
im not trust 100% at exchanger because i never hold long time my bitcoin/altcoin at exchanger, i use PC wallet (altcoin) and mycellium wallet (for bitcoin)

It's not all about how long do you keep your bitcoin to an exchange, but if you trust them or not.
In my case it happen in few hours, withdrawed all the earning and sent to the exchanger to exchange into bitcoins.
After few hours the website went down, and after few days i saw in google news that the site has been "hacked" and the bitcoin were stolen from the "cold" wallet. - this was bter.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 05:41:18 PM

Some of exchanges sites can be trust, make sure that exchanger site is high trust score you check it in scamadviser.com or you can check here with trust score https://perfectmoney.is/business-partners.html
im sure you will not scam if you think first before you do...
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 06:38:23 PM

most people know that exchanges have been hacked but there isn't a better alternative for current exchanges at the moment. don't think gemini exchange will change that.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 12:14:51 PM

most people know that exchanges have been hacked but there isn't a better alternative for current exchanges at the moment. don't think gemini exchange will change that.

No. Gemini exchange has all the new and latest technically sound protections. But we do not know how strong a new hacker comes against it. Keeping only needed fund in exchange is most advisable.
jt byte

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 02:13:19 PM

I know that it is any other alternative, but at least using the most popular and trusted exchanges.
Nowadays i use only few exchanges like yobit and poloniex, rare cryptsy.
Poloniex has good volume of the coin that i trade and yobit has most new alt coins.
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 05:19:12 PM

It is true that exchanges may get hacked, but it is a hassle to keep 50 wallets. I think that if you use many altcoins an do not have great amounts of money (2 Btc or less perhaps) it might be better to trust some exchange than to have the pain of cold storaging and having so many wallets and backups.

lemipawa
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 06:12:14 PM

I store some of my coins in exchanges together with my alt coins. I know it's kinda risky but the coins I have there is not really that huge that I can still sleep like a baby if ever that exchange site got hacked (I hope not). It's easy to look at how many coins you have together with some alt coins that I'm collecting.
jt byte

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 07:18:50 PM

I store some of my coins in exchanges together with my alt coins. I know it's kinda risky but the coins I have there is not really that huge that I can still sleep like a baby if ever that exchange site got hacked (I hope not). It's easy to look at how many coins you have together with some alt coins that I'm collecting.

I use the same method, i have mostly my altcoins in exchange(s)
But i am just waiting the price to raise a bit because most of the alt coins price has been decreased as  the bitcoin price has been increased a bit lately.
I don't store there a big amount because the security is the main thing to trust an exchange.
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 06:11:54 PM

Howdy,
I've been using one for a couple months now and it's given no reason to mistrust it. But it seems weird to me sending my money to an intermediary that's neither a wallet nor a bank and is entirely online. Feels like the money is hanging out in some nowhere zone that isn't completely under my control...

Dies any one else feel this way or do I just not understand this stuff well enough yet?

Thanks!

Not every BTC exchange is already trusted, there is only few exchangers are known here like Yobit, Bit-X, Coinbase..this are trusted and have many positive feedbacks from people, so we can use them for exchange between currencies and Bitcoin
jt byte

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 07:39:44 PM

Howdy,
I've been using one for a couple months now and it's given no reason to mistrust it. But it seems weird to me sending my money to an intermediary that's neither a wallet nor a bank and is entirely online. Feels like the money is hanging out in some nowhere zone that isn't completely under my control...

Dies any one else feel this way or do I just not understand this stuff well enough yet?

Thanks!

Not every BTC exchange is already trusted, there is only few exchangers are known here like Yobit, Bit-X, Coinbase..this are trusted and have many positive feedbacks from people, so we can use them for exchange between currencies and Bitcoin

To add to that list i would add also poloniex,
For now it is trusted enough and has good volume of alt coins.
If you have ever heard about bter then stay away from it as people are having issue withdrawing their bitcoins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: