Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:19:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pirate accomplices  (Read 30278 times)
556j

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 11:33:37 PM

So police report was filed right?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 11:33:54 PM

No you don't because that is complete and pure hyperbole.  Not a single person has calimed they will engage in vigilantism and even if they did that would be what 1 (or a handful) out of tens of thousands. 

I've actually reported several over the last few days and the forum mods seem to be cleaning them up pretty quick. 

LOL, RolloPollyBrownShit guy put up a bounty on me today. Mods deleted it.

Why did he do that ?

I would guess organizing a bitcoin meetup is quite an offense in his eyes.

-
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 11:35:05 PM

No you don't because that is complete and pure hyperbole.  Not a single person has calimed they will engage in vigilantism and even if they did that would be what 1 (or a handful) out of tens of thousands. 

I've actually reported several over the last few days and the forum mods seem to be cleaning them up pretty quick. 

LOL, RolloPollyBrownShit guy put up a bounty on me today. Mods deleted it.

Why did he do that ?

He's an "Internet Gangsta" = bored kid with nothing to do
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 11:35:08 PM

Sorry...what was your interest in this situation again ?

Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 11:35:33 PM

Nahh, I've considered it as not serious. However, one more wrong move from him and I'll press on as a tonn of bricks.

-
556j

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 11:37:35 PM

Sorry...what was your interest in this situation again ?

So that's a no, like I said, you're another shit talking useless bitch.
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 11:42:11 PM

So that's a no, like I said, you're another shit talking useless bitch.

Is Trendon REALLY that desperate that he now needs to employ anonymous sockpuppets to gauge the extent of the shitstorm coming his way ?

Well in that case, NO, nobody is doing anything.....as there hasn't officially been any crime(s) committed.
He is 110% safe and in the clear. Nothing pending and no trouble headed his way.

I hope that gives you enough to report back with.

greyhawk

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 11:50:17 PM

Undecided

556j has been saying that BS&T is a ponzi for months. I don't see how he could be a pirate shill now?  Huh Huh
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 12:00:02 AM

You talk about cracking skulls but those people that talk aren't shit, you know I'd happily scam you and piss on your wifes face and you wouldn't do shit, you know how I know> Because you are here posting on forums how hard you are....

I accept your challenge/offer.
My house is the one with the Skyline GT-R parked in front.....as I am not a 'sailing' man.

Unfortunately your sailboat won't get you here, so I hope that after paying for sex, you have enough left over to buy a Greyhound ticket to Calgary.

you misunderstand me man, not interested in any of you guys. I'm drunk and pissed that laroux guy totally misinterpreted my post since i agree with most of what he says. not trying to stir shit and get myself in trouble, especially as I have noting invested in any of this drama. A simple offer of LEGALLY investigating someone when I have the means and opportunity leads to some bullshit drama, I expected more of him.

Ah Bubba, don't get pissy about it. I'm sure you are the number one bad ass mofo in the sailboat armada. I was poking fun at your statement that we now learn is drunken silliness in citing your owning a sailboat as a key differentiator supporting in your abilities as a PI. I never talked about cracking skulls, I pondered a hypothetical. If I was going to crack skulls (which I wouldn't, too messy and way too close for my preference, I prefer to reach out and touch from distance, using really good optics) the very last thing I would do is talk about it in an open forum that has pretty much been outed as being monitored by LE. I would quietly do my thing, and the first you would hear about it, is that you wouldn't hear about it.

If you were that good of a PI, you would have caught the critical flaw in the CayMEN Islands rumor, that the website in question is a bad hack job, and the location is mis-spelled. Clearly a globe-trotting raconteur like yourself would know from reading your Jimmy Buffet novels that Cayman is actually spelled Cayman, not Caymen (although intriguingly enough there are multiple Cayman Islands so Caymen would not be that wrong, but I digress, and you are drunk...)

But seriously now, put down the boat drinks, toss your anchor overboard and slow this puppy down. I'm glad you like my writing. Don't be an ignorant bitch and make silly denunciations about internet vigilantes and we will get along just fine. And don't try to compare dicks online. We would both end up lying, and probably making ourselves look stupid with a macho throw down contest. If you LEGALLY have a way to investigate... do so. All talk and no walk makes Jack a puffed up douchebag. And by the latest statement on the sum total involved here pirate is sitting on 500K btc. At an average price of around $10, before somebody started playing games with the economy, that math makes the issue about a $5,000,000 issue. Give or take, I don't care. My point is that bad people will do very bad things for w whole hell of a lot less than $5 mil. If by some chance this is just a really big fuck up that got out of control, and not a premeditated long con, pirate really ought to be looking for friends with very tall walls around their safe havens right now. Cause for this kind of jack, he is target number one. Not because some internet vigilante says so, but because that's enough money that is used in "those" kinds of transactions, that a lot of pissed off very hard monbres will be looking for his ass to withdraw their pound of flesh.
Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

Activity: 571
Merit: 504

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 12:00:19 AM

Undecided

556j has been saying that BS&T is a ponzi for months. I don't see how he could be a pirate shill now?  Huh Huh

The last thing we would expect!! Brilliant!
greyhawk

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 12:03:06 AM

Undecided

The last thing we would expect!! Brilliant!

...tumbling down the rabbit hole...  Shocked
ldrgn

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 12:10:15 AM

This appears to be the "Make Team Pirate walk the plank" thread so I'll throw my +1 in.

Remember that everyone here has an ethical obligation to discourage current and future investors in a likely Ponzi scheme.  Not only should the investors walk the plank but anyone doing anything other than warn against Pirate should as well as they're helping to build confidence in the Ponzi for later investors.  It's not ethical to remain silent, it's not ethical to sit on the sidelines and not warn people and it's definitely not ethical to treat Pirate and BTCST as anything normal.  It doesn't matter if a user has a financial interest or not, they're ripping off their fellow Bitcoiners and need to be marooned.

Stop worrying about petty forum rules and scammer tags, there's a higher calling here.  Anyone defending Pirate or instilling confidence in BTCST needs to walk the plank and it's everyone's mutual responsibility to make sure that happens.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 12:25:04 AM

Here's a dose of "vigilantism" for you... think about just how important this coin is to the criminal elements that use SR. And then think about what fucking over $5,000,000 of that economy is going to feel like. Think there aren't a couple of pissed off hombres who would think nothing of the value of human life for that amount? You think there isn't a cartel hireling who would love nothing more than to make his bones with El Jefe by bringing him the head of the juiced up hacker boy who fucked up the single best money laundering operations El Jefe has found to date? When this turns out to be what many believe it already is, pirate is a dead man walking. That's not a threat, that's not vigilante action, that's the shakes in the world he decided to fuck around in. Oops, bummer, probably not the way he would have scripted it, but when you fly at that altitude, you really don't want to hit the windshield of reality. You fuck up $5,000,000 worth of somebody else's shit and think that you are going to walk? The vig on that alone is worth more than ten of your lives, and your family's lives, and your ancestors lives.

It's a lot like suicide bombing... that vest looks really cool and all, and the 47 hookers in paradise sounds really fun, but it really sucks when it all blows up in your face.

You're assuming that pirate has ripped off whoever he was lending the Bitcoins to when the reverse could very well be true or he could have been setting people up to be ripped off by his clients.  After all, if they just say "not gonna pay you any more, thanks for the BTC", what exactly is pirate going to do about it?  If pirate is involved with seriously nasty people, he has far more to fear from them than he'll ever have to fear from vigilante Bitcoiners should he rock their boat.  And if he hasn't ripped of those people, then they'll protect him.

$5,000,000 is not a great deal of money in the world of serious money laundering.  Bitcoin might be attractive to small time money launderers but it doesn't have the capacity to absorb the tens and hundreds of millions of dollars which serious organised crime launders.

While pirate's scheme may have been attractive to his clients, there's no reason why they wouldn't take a better deal if one came along.  I'm quite sure that other people in this community have considered tapping his market and possibly even succeeded.  His model was contingent on his clients needing increasing amounts of Bitcoin weekly and being willing to pay 10% for it, but I seriously doubt he was in a position to argue if they suddenly decided they wanted less BTC or were no longer willing to pay 10%.

Everything pirate has said could be pure bullshit.  There might never have been any clients, let alone nasty, shady ones.  He could come in here tomorrow and post that all your Bitcoins now belong to Los Zetas and you'd never know whether it was true or not - and even if it could be established to be true, are Bitcoiners really going to fuck with a drug cartel, a gang, or whatever other version of organised crime people believe pirate may have been servicing? I'll buy tickets to watch that event.   

He could also be just another opportunist who saw a chance to exploit people's greed.  He may or may not be working alone.  He won't be the last such opportunist the Bitcoin world encounters if that's the case.

pirate can write any narrative he wants right now and there's not a whole lot people can do to verify what he says in the short term.  

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 12:26:18 AM

This appears to be the "Make Team Pirate walk the plank" thread so I'll throw my +1 in.

Remember that everyone here has an ethical obligation to discourage current and future investors in a likely Ponzi scheme.  Not only should the investors walk the plank but anyone doing anything other than warn against Pirate should as well as they're helping to build confidence in the Ponzi for later investors.  It's not ethical to remain silent, it's not ethical to sit on the sidelines and not warn people and it's definitely not ethical to treat Pirate and BTCST as anything normal.  It doesn't matter if a user has a financial interest or not, they're ripping off their fellow Bitcoiners and need to be marooned.

Stop worrying about petty forum rules and scammer tags, there's a higher calling here.  Anyone defending Pirate or instilling confidence in BTCST needs to walk the plank and it's everyone's mutual responsibility to make sure that happens.

Well put Smiley

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 12:39:28 AM

I just want to say here that notme deserves a lot of credit for how he handled his passthrough (he paid back his subaccounts out of his own pocket). Kudos to him, man. That's not the kind of integrity you see everyday, much less on the internet.

HB

Thanks for the kind words.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
556j

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 12:41:20 AM

re: caymen stuff

Just going along with the memes. In my other posts I mention 12 noon flight to Bermuda. BTW I travel with a dog and Cayman islands are rabies free = HUGE hassle to travel there for me. Honestly my only motive is for fun. Smiley
Coinoisseur

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 12:47:20 AM

I agree that anyone expecting extra consideration from an uninsured pass through is mainly in denial or trying to pass the buck. But I think it's about time for people who said they "knew what pirate was doing" to step up and either say "nah I was just fronting for pirate" or reveal the information they claimed to possess.

The terms of the PPTs were very clear. The vigilante sentiment that has been floating around lately is just sickening (even considering the hyperbole).

Yeah it is crazyness. p4man even made money from something he called a scam. Will p4man will give back his coins? I bet he wont, but I bet he keeps crying about others losing. What a joke...

They mob can't go after Pirate and wont go after Theymos so they are trying to go after the PPTs. Now why would they do that? Are they just bored? Did they fail to read a contract or know how GLBSE works?

I would be very happy to meet anyone in court who thinks that I did wrong in this legally as long as the loser paid court costs.

Theymos asked for a favor and I did it. He wanted people to set up an uninsured PPT on GLBSE (a company he part owns). He did this while assuming it was a Ponzi. Will GLBSE give back all the fees from the PPT volume? I doubt it...

People should only gamble money they can afford to lose. People should have better things to do than judge other adults doing what they want with their money on the internet. I know p4man is feeling guilty cuz he won but he is not really being helpful by making silly attacks to cover up that guilt.

You guys should really bring your pitch forks to the satashi dice thread so you can gamble and troll more.

Enjoy

╓▄▌██P                  
                                                 ╔▄▌███▀███▌                   
                                           ▄▄▌██▀▀╚  ╓██╩██                    
                                     ▄▄███▀▀╙      ▄██  ▓█                     
                               ▄▌███▀▀+          ▄█▀   ▐█                      
                        ,▄▌███▀▀¬              ▓█▀     █▄                      
                  ,▄▌███▀▀                  ,██▀      █▌                       
               '█████▌▄▄,                 ╓██╩       ██                        
                  ▀██▌▐▀▀▀█████▌▌▄▄╓    ▄██¬        ▄█                         
                     ▀██▄        ╚▀▀▀████          ▐█═                         
                        ▀██▄        ▓█▀██          █▀                          
                           ▀██▄  ,██▀   █µ        ██                           
                              ▀███Z     ██       ██                            
                                ▐██     ▐█      ▄█                             
                              ,,╓╓█▓▄▌   █▌    ▐█U                             
                        º▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   ▀█    █▌                              
                          ▀█▓▓▓▓▓████▀█▌  █▌  ██                               
                            ▀███████▌  ▀█µ▀█ ██                                
                              ▀█████     ███▓█                                 
                                ▐███      ▀██Ñ                                 
                                            ▀                             

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2012, 12:54:19 AM

The terms of the PPTs were very clear. The vigilante sentiment that has been floating around lately is just sickening (even considering the hyperbole).

Yeah it is crazyness. p4man even made money from something he called a scam. Will p4man will give back his coins? I bet he wont, but I bet he keeps crying about others losing. What a joke...

They mob can't go after Pirate and wont go after Theymos so they are trying to go after the PPTs. Now why would they do that? Are they just bored? Did they fail to read a contract or know how GLBSE works?

I would be very happy to meet anyone in court who thinks that I did wrong in this legally as long as the loser paid court costs.

Theymos asked for a favor and I did it. He wanted people to set up an uninsured PPT on GLBSE (a company he part owns). He did this while assuming it was a Ponzi. Will GLBSE give back all the fees from the PPT volume? I doubt it...

People should only gamble money they can afford to lose. People should have better things to do than judge other adults doing what they want with their money on the internet. I know p4man is feeling guilty cuz he won but he is not really being helpful by making silly attacks to cover up that guilt.

You guys should really bring your pitch forks to the satashi dice thread so you can gamble and troll more.

Enjoy

When the shit hits the fan the last place you want to be is standing in front of it. Thats just the way shitstorms work  Smiley

I really dont think lawyers are what the pirate brigade need to worry about if pirate was doing what I think he was doing. Anyone with half a brain would have avoided the whole situation not put themselves in the firing line when the inevitable happens. I dont know who made the worse decisions here, the people who thought they could get out before it collapsed or the people who setup pasthroughs knowing they would be left holding the bag if  pirate runs off to the caymen islands and sits on the beach sipping pina coladas.

tl;dr Are you really surprised that shit rolls downhill ?

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2012, 12:56:10 AM

I just want to say here that notme deserves a lot of credit for how he handled his passthrough (he paid back his subaccounts out of his own pocket). Kudos to him, man. That's not the kind of integrity you see everyday, much less on the internet.

HB

Thanks for the kind words.

You have handled the situation with integrity.

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 01:27:09 AM

I agree that anyone expecting extra consideration from an uninsured pass through is mainly in denial or trying to pass the buck. But I think it's about time for people who said they "knew what pirate was doing" to step up and either say "nah I was just fronting for pirate" or reveal the information they claimed to possess.

I don't think this is unreasonable.  Even if pirate spun a plausible line of bullshit about his business model, I'm interested in hearing why people were willing to trust him with large amounts of money without investigating his prior business background, references, etc.  Anyone can claim anything on the internet.  What did pirate say which convinced people that he, personally - as opposed to his business model - was both trustworthy and competent?  What evidence did people ask for of his competence and worthiness of trust? 

A plausible business model is no guarantee that someone isn't just going to run off with your funds, so I don't think that can be the only reason the "institutional" investors placed their funds with pirate (or at least I hope it's not, because it would be hopelessly naive not to research the person behind the offer).

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: